What is your MUST read Manga of ALL time?

_RaiN_

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xreriri

1. One Piece (top top top!)2. Fairy Tail3. Katekyo Hitman Reborn4. Kuroshitsuji5. Naruto6. Bleach7. Death Note8. Yotsuba9. Asu No Yoichi

Guest reluctant

No one ever seems to have the same taste in manga/anime as I do, so the only one I'd recommend is Uzumaki by Junji Ito. It's pretty short and everyone I've recommended it to, even people who don't read manga or watch anime, really loved it.

Guest noria1

for me

Kamisama Hajimemashita so funny that last week i start reading it
Skip Beat
hana kimi
Absolute Boyfriend
KAICHOU WA MAID-SAMA! it comedy but i stop read it at chapter 44

it depends on what you're looking for... but I guess in general... 

• FMA
  • tower of god
  • any works by naoki urasawa (monster, 20th century boys, pluto etc) 
  • our happy days (seriously recommended) 
  • glass mask 
  • NANA 
  • death note 
  • pink lady 
  • can't see can't hear but love.  
I'd also recommend checking out at least one of naruto/bleach/one piece..because they are just SO popular that if you ever enter the manga/anime world, you're gonna come across their names so you might as well as get to try one. Chances are you'll probably like one of them -- and then get into the manga world and realize there are better series out there. lol. 

1. One Piece - > one of the anime that I get pissed when there is no update
2. Katekyo Hitman Reborn -> must I tell you why my username is coolReborn? :D
3. Yu Yu Hakusho -> Used to be in the no. 1 spot
4. Samurai X - > I like Kenshin.
5. Fairy Tail - > Funny
6. Toriko - > reminds me of lots of food
7. Kimino Todoke -> reminds me of Highschool crushes, giggle moments.
8. Junjou Romantica - > the manga that pulled me in the Yaoi/BL universe
9. God Save our King -> almost bought the light novels
10. Naruto/Bleach - > maybe because they are popular... hahaha.

..... many more. *watched more than 100 anime and actually lost count after the 100, LOVE ANIME. Read lots of manga that I sometimes don't remember the titles anymore. lol.*

• 1 month later...
Guest xchocolatepandax

I only have one at the moment and it's NANA.  It's the only manga that I'm up to date on and want to read more of, but Ai Yazawa has been sick and so the series has been put on hold.

I used to have several shounen/shoujo manga must-reads, but then I outgrew their plot so meh. :|

Apart from the crowd favorites mentioned above, I have few suggestions not mentioned:

Bitter Virgin - Somewhat typical shoujo school life fare, but the major difference is that the female protagonist does NOT adhere to the stereotype of an overly bright heroine that predictably falls for the hunky flower boy. Plus points for the plot, and the character development. A bit short, but then again a good narrative doesn't need to extend itself needlessly just to tell a good story.

Toriko - Seriously one of the most ridiculous manga I've ever read. It's a manga about food (plus points for foodies) and it has typical shounen elements like super powers and such (plus points for fanboys). It's not a cooking manga like Yakitate or Cooking Master Boy though, so I was dumbfounded about what I actually saw when I actually read it. I was expecting something a bit more.. realistic, and I was sorely "disappointed" :))

Eyeshield 21 - A sports manga with.. tons of character. I don't know how else to describe it lol. I came here a total football greenie, and I came out thinking American Football is the most awesome sport in the world. The sport is illustrated in not-so-over the top depictions unlike some other anime (Captain Tsubasa I'm looking at you), which is cool for the average manga reader that knows the rules and such. This is one manga that I can recommend reading/watching. Either way the animators stay true to the mangaka's style so it doesn't make that much of a difference.

There are many others, like some Korean manhwas that are really good, art and plot wise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest izoosin01

i love watching anime and reading manga...there's still a lot I need to watch/read! But from what I've read/watched so far, some of my top favorites are:
-Boys Over Flowers/Hana Yori Dango. This would be very interesting if there's ever an American version-07 Ghost!!!! They need a second season!-Tail of the Moon. They need at least an anime of this. It's to bad it wasn't that popular...-Chobits! Now this would be make a fun live action ^^-Paradise Kiss...though I love the ending of the live action movie wayyy better cause I'm a sucker for happy endings, lol I love the characters and storyline...it's so real.-Death Note. The two live action movies are killer. Loved them.-Hana Kimi. I'm confused why they haven't made an anime of this (?)-One Piece. From what little I've seen I love it. I need to have a One Piece marathon over winter break-Clamp in general. And number ten: Mizaki (sp?) films!!! Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke (sp?), etc ^^

Archived