[Drama 2011] I Need Romance 로맨스가 필요해

serenasf95

Guest vasou

People say that this story is not a fairytale and the end is realistic.

Can I say that I disagree?

If NOT ending with SH, then IY should stay alone.

This is the more realistic. After a failed relationship of 10 years, with a man who she lost her trust to (isn't the whole 15 episodes about how she lost her trust to him?) who cheated to her, and after another failed relationship RIGHT AFTER the first failed one, the most realistic should be to stay SINGLE for a while and think of herself, and not to return to her ex. Even if she would eventually pair with SS, then she should at least show her being alone for a while.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ending does have an impact on one's overall view of the drama so it does make sense that people's opinions will change. As for how realistic this is, In Young bounced from guy to guy. I know there are some women who can't stand being single but I don't think that's her personality (I may be wrong). There should have been a time skip and she and SS should have had some time apart before reuniting. I know he was the lead so he had to have a lot of screen time in every episode but I don't think those two even spent up to a day apart. Is that really realistic?

And as for emotional versus physical affairs, this guy went on vacation with Kang Hee. So it was a full blown affair. Perhaps if he were drunk and had a moment of weakness once, maybe, maybe it would be different. But of sound mind, he embarked on an affair and the fact he did that fully intending to remain with In Young is an insult to her. If someone's going to cheat on me, I prefer he fall in love with another woman than just fool around planning to bring STDs home to me. At least he can say he cheated because he fell out of love with me. So I think it depends on one's perspective.

I follow this drama ...Good drama until end....so rubbish... not because of IY accept SS but not consisten with IY heart ...she reject SH because of she love herself ...but the end she accept SS ...do she love herself or not?? You know i don't watch last 2 episode..i really don't like the way writer write .

may be its typical korean drama or....is it korean culture ? forgive me if i'm wrong....so maybe korean people can explain to us.

what do you think guys??

Guest amyable

We watch dramas not so much for reality (although not necessarily for the unbelievable either) but entertainment. The writer of this drama did a great job of portraying SS as a cheating partner who had romantically disconnected from IY. The writer showed how disconnected SS was by not only by his cheating but by telling IY that he feels obligated to IY, he feel responsible for her, fails to tell her about a house purchase (!), showed very little true remorse for his cheating, etc. Meanwhile, the writer chose to portray SH with sincerity in his love for IY including receiving 2 slaps from his fiancee (one for himself and one for IY). SH overcame a difficult situation in resolving his engagement issue and having his family accept his choice of IY. This is how the writer portrayed these two men.

Then, all of sudden in episodes 15 and 16, the writer chose to take a route that wasn't set-up through the first 14 episodes. That's why I think I was so disappointed and many of you were disappointed as well. It was a frustrating ending because the story didn't actually lead us there very well.

295573.jpg

V.A - I Need Romance (로맨스가 필요해) OST

Release Date: 2011.08.05

Genre: OST

Language : Korean

Bitrate : 320k

01. Romance Is Here (Main Theme)

02. 애교 - Park Jin Hee & Kim Jeong Hoon

03. 후애 後愛 (하지 못한 말)(성수 Theme) - Kim Jeong Hoon

04. 로맨스가 필요해 - HaEun

05. 나무토막 - Youme

06. 로맨스데이 - 최성준

07. 연애의 온도 (인영Theme)

08. Romance Is All Around (서현 Theme)

09. Someday We Will... (성현 Theme)

10. Your Melody (현주 Theme)

11. So Nice

12. 로맨스가 필요해 (Piano Ver.) - Yoon Han

DOWNLOAD HERE

Credit : Korean Music Blog + http://alamxialbus.co.cc/

Overall I liked this drama. The ending didn't surprise me at all, for the longest time in the drama, IY was waiting for SS to really mean it when he say sorry for cheating on her. I think it takes lot of guts for a guy to bow down on his knees, cry in front of your father, and admit that you did wrong to their daughter. I think that's what made her forgive him.

Guest beguileiota

Damnit, who the hell is the guy who plays the photographer?! I'm going crazy trying to figure out who he is!! PLEASE, SOMEONE, IF YOU KNOW WHO PLAYS THE PHOTOGRAPHER, PLEASE TELL ME! Thank you very much <3

Damnit, who the hell is the guy who plays the photographer?! I'm going crazy trying to figure out who he is!! PLEASE, SOMEONE, IF YOU KNOW WHO PLAYS THE PHOTOGRAPHER, PLEASE TELL ME! Thank you very much <3

His name was posted on page 23:

"이관훈 is the photographer actor. (Lee Gwan Hoon)"

but when I googled, nothing much came up at all. He was in Road No 1. 

Guest beguileiota

Oh, thank you so much! I really did not mean to be so obnoxious by making my font so big, but I wanted someone to notice it, lol. And you're right, there's really not much about the actor if you search him online :/ what a pity, I want to see him in more dramas!

I just finished watching this series last week. I started watching it at mysoju and I hated the fact that I had to wait for all the eps to be uploaded. But I found the whole series with eng subs and finished them all! I don't know if it was mentioned here, I'm too lazy to backread. Oh wait, can we share sites here? Please do tell me if we're not allowed to? The site is dramafever, if anyone's wondering.

About the ending, I understand that a lot were disappointed. I can actually relate to IY and SS that's why I loved the ending. We all have our own opinions and perspectives. There's a reason why they lasted 10 years and that's because they LOVED each other despite of everything bad that has happened. You really can't beat long term relationships, unless one commits something bad and won't ever change, that's a different story. Anyway, I loved this drama so much. I guess one factor why I loved it so much was because the actors and actresses weren't the typical teenager roles. Haha, I can't reveal my age (I'm not that old hahaha) but I'm over cheesy dramas. Haha.

Guest anyala

am going crazy really...

why the arigato version is so bad and why subber use this for eng sub??

and the 450-chan not matching with the eng subs?

aaarggggghhh.... :wacko:

anyone can help timing the sub for 450-chan version...??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

I Need Romance Episode 15 and 16 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

IneedRomance.gif

I Need Romance 1-16 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurf...-coming-soon%2F

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

• 6 months later...
Guest sssantoso

Does anyone know where the filming location of "I Need Romance" is? Particularly, the scene outside In Young's house where the 2 cars keep driving by.

• 2 months later...

Dramabeans blogged a sequel, so I decided to watch season 1.  Omo, i love the show from start to end.  Totally realistic relatable relationships.  Enjoyed this more than Soulmate and The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry.  Watched the whole drama in 1 sitting today on a rainy Sunday.  Now i hope season 2 lives up to season 1.  

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pajnra

People say that this story is not a fairytale and the end is realistic.

Can I say that I disagree?

If NOT ending with SH, then IY should stay alone.

This is the more realistic. After a failed relationship of 10 years, with a man who she lost her trust to (isn't the whole 15 episodes about how she lost her trust to him?) who cheated to her, and after another failed relationship RIGHT AFTER the first failed one, the most realistic should be to stay SINGLE for a while and think of herself, and not to return to her ex. Even if she would eventually pair with SS, then she should at least show her being alone for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watch this after watching some scenes and comments from youtube
And this drama is.... amazing, I think it's good, funny, interesting and totally drive me crazy
The actors in this drama are DAMN HOT. OMGGGG crazy for some hot scenes :))
Even though it is about men, love and sex. The way the writer say to viewers are acceptable, suitable for Asian like me ^^
I love all the shipping in this drama hehe but I really really love In Young and Seung Hun. OMG I'm in love with Choi Jin Hyuk after this drama. He's so HAWT :D
Sad that the ending is not like me (and some of you) want, but in general it's a good one to watch (for 16+) It's different from other Korean dramas so you can find it so refreshing!
And, Jo Yeo Jung ~ how lucky she is.... SO MANY KISSES with 2 HOT GUYS T_____T  But if I was her, I'll never forgive Sung Soo - the one cheated her twice, then always appear with a weak face and ask for forgiven. The real love is from Seung Hun. Why she can't love him due to her pride. I dont get it. In my spot, I'll surely choose SH and live in a luxury life ^^

hehe even it's old now, I wanna recommend it for all u guys ~ ahhh not for all, for 16+ hahaaaaa

• 1 year later...

iledrama said: This drama is no doubt the best drama of 2011. No drama has kept me this interested up till the last episode. There are 2 more episodes and we are all still unclear about were the drama is heading. That is just fabulous, usually with kdramas and with most entertainment, I can predict the end within the first few minutes.

I like that the characters are flawed and so real and human. There is comedy, heart break, friendship, romance and much more.

I too was an IY-SH shipper, but if she has to change who she is to be with him, then I say adios buddy. I am so glad to have a female character in one of these dramas give up the whole Cinderella theme, and stand up for herself, her career, HER LIFE. Usually, the dramas make it seem that simply getting the attention of a chaebol is the end all and be all, and we see the "poor" girl get a make over and transformation to match him.

I hope there are more dramas like this. This drama has reduced my tolerance for over hyped, bubble gum, unrealistic, and may I add boring dramas, *cough* heartstrings *cough*

PS: the photographer and the "wild" girl were both in another favorite drama of mine- Surgeon Bong Dalhee. She was also in Golden Bride and Charming By The Day. In each of these dramas, she plays a radically different character. She really needs to be recognized as a bigger actress. I have definitely added her to my list of actors/actresses to watch out for.

• 8 months later...
Guest mdolphins

I became a big fan of Choi Jin Hyuk through watching this drama last year, I have to say I did not like the ending, bad choice IY, bad choice. Still, I loved all of the other two friends, they were hilarious and awesome.

Still shaking my head at the ending...why...just why?

Archived