[Drama 2011] The Princess' Man 공주의 남자

Guest chancy426

Guest VilaVilli

Hey gals ^^!

For the 48th Annual Baeksang Arts Awards, The Princess's Man won...

Best Producer

Kim Do Hoon, Lee Sung Joon (Moon Sun)

Kim Jeong Min, Park Hyun Suk (The Princess's Man) *winner*

No Do Cheol (Twinkle Twinkle)

Yoo Hyun Ki, Song Hyun Wook (Brain)

Jang Tae Yoo, Shin Kyung Soo (Tree)

:D

Thank you for our dear chingu, Luna for posting up the results the the nominations!

Congrats for them! :w00t:

(Yay, finally I learnt how to use spoiler tags here!)

What? TMTETS as the best drama?

:blink: Right now I cannot decide. Should I cry or should I laugh? But wait... Better if I laugh. :lol: Of course, if 'best' = high ratings and popularity, it's OK.

Hi, November Rain :)

I agree with you that PSH gave his best performance in TPM.

As for How to Meet the Perfect Neighbor, some said the drama  was boring, others, like me found it interesting and unconventional. 

However I have to admit something even if I like PSH very much. (It's just my opinion so I hope won't ruin your mood.) His character in How to Meet... was one of the most pathetic and weak-minded person I've ever seen in a Korean series before. I wanted to shake him on every 10 seconds.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starlitelet

Congrats for them! :w00t:

(Yay, finally I learnt how to use spoiler tags here!)

What? TMTETS as the best drama?

:blink: Right now I cannot decide. Should I cry or should I laugh? But wait... Better if I laugh. :lol: Of course, if 'best' = high ratings and popularity, it's OK.

Hi, November Rain :)

I agree with you that PSH gave his best performance in TPM.

As for How to Meet the Perfect Neighbor, some said the drama  was boring, others, like me found it interesting and unconventional. 

However I have to admit something even if I like PSH very much. (It's just my opinion so I hope won't ruin your mood.) His character in How to Meet... was one of the most pathetic and weak-minded person I've ever seen in a Korean series before. I wanted to shake him on every 10 seconds.

Hi VilaVilli ^^!

I swear those peeps gave the award to TMTETS for the sake of their arses being trampled by fangirls! I mean even though I find Kim Soo Hyun a great actor for his age, there were other seniors there much more deserving of the award. I'm not saying that Kim Soo Hyun isn't a great actor, but the protagonist from Brain is a more experience actor. He has more control. Anyway, that's just my take on taking a few peeps of Brain while my mom was watching.

Haha - I think we should cry while laughing hysterically that TMTETS won. Man, it's like Twilight winning an award. I swear if the professionals/critics gave these awards, someone better fire those people. You don't even need professional critics to see that TMTETS is much more flawed compared to its other competitors. I have lost all hope in these Asian awards. Sorry, if that sounds offensive... but every Korean drama award I've seen or heard always sends it away on the note of popularity. It's absurd now. I'm not saying that TPM should have won because I haven't watched some of the other dramas... but for sure not TMTETS unless it was based on popularity dry.gif.

I guess it was a good thing that I didn't watch How to Meet the Perfect Neighbor. It might lWow, from your description... it really sounds like his character was unmanly - haha. I've never seen a meek guy in a Korean drama before. Maybe cowards, but not nice and meek. Perhaps, that character that followed the Eve girl from All About Eve. Though, I liked his character.

Guest November Rain

*waves to November Rain!

Did you already like Park Shi Hoo from before, or just recently due to The Princess's Man ^^? Even though, I haven't seen much of his previous projects, I still think it's safe to say that this is his best performance thus far.

Hi Starlitelet *waves*

I liked Park Shi Hoo from QofR. The first when I saw him, I just can't understand why my sister's so crazy about him. I think he's so normal guy. However, the more I watched the drama, the more I was attracted by his character. By the end of the drama, I officially joined the PSH fan club :D So within 3 weeks, I watched most of his drama. I don't watch How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor yet because I really don't like the guy with a beard. But he's PARK SHI HOO right? So I'll give the drama a chance. :)

Hi VilaVilli, thanks you for your warning ^_^ For PSH, I'll try my best :D

Right now I'm really upset about Baeksang Awards. Three Daesangs and One Top Excellence were beaten a newcomer. What the heck it make sense? :blink: Although I'm a fan of PSH, but I think Han Seok Kyu or Shin Ha Kyun would win.

Guest hay_lin14

congratulations TPM for winning the Best Director category but i just can't believe what happened to Daesang recently, it will be forever etched in my memory. A newcomer beat Tree and Brain, what the! and Moon Chae-won didn't even win Best Actress, she's way better than Gong Hyo Jin.:)

Guest CaroleL

The Princess'man is leading in Seoul international Award......please vote. There is no limit for voting. Click as much as you like.

http://www.seouldrama.org/EN/entry/AwardsStatus.aspx

Guest Starlitelet

The Princess'man is leading in Seoul international Award......please vote. There is no limit for voting. Click as much as you like.

http://www.seouldram...ardsStatus.aspx

Thanks, CaroleL! By the way, how come we can vote endlessly? It's pretty pointless if it's like that, no? Anyone can sit next to a computer the whole day and press the heart - haha.

seriously... i still can't believe Kim Soo Hyun beat out all those other nominees...i mean, yeah...he's pretty good and of course, TMETS was insanely popular...but man... i seriously thought PSH was gonna win for his epic depiction of a man torn between his love and duty... the angst...pain...agony... everything was flawless in my opinion from PSH.... i'm not saying i dislike KSH or anything like that... i love him too, but as for acting... either PSH or the other guys should have got it... just my opinion though...

TPM is forever etched as one of the best dramas i've ever watched with nothing for me to criticizes!!! flawlessly perfect!!!

http://www.seouldrama.org/EN/entry/AwardsStatus.aspx

Sorry, I dont know anything about this award, but I read on Rooftop Prince's thread that the real vote has not begun yet, it will start from July, the number of hearts wont affect the result at all. Confused :wacko: I did find some weird because we can click... endlessly, but then, what is their purpose for opening the site??? :blink:

Whatever, glad to see TPM is now taking the lead :w00t:

Guest CaroleL

Sorry, I dont know anything about this award, but I read on Rooftop Prince's thread that the real vote has not begun yet, it will start from July, the number of hearts wont affect the result at all. Confused :wacko: I did find some weird because we can click... endlessly, but then, what is their purpose for opening the site??? :blink:

Whatever, glad to see TPM is now taking the lead :w00t:

Ya,I read that as well but still I'm glad that TPM garnering so many hearts. It show how much it is being loved! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest RadialOmens

I came in here to share a (third) music video I just completed for The Princess' Man but I may as well participate in the discussion a little.

To be honest, both TMTETS and Kim Soo Hyun disappointing me a little. I did watch them directly after watching TPM, which is a tough act to follow, but it didn't provide the amazing story I expected. As much as I love Kim Soo Hyun, his acting was a little flat and didn't vary much. Perhaps that's just the character that was written for him. While I was making my music video and rewatching some of Park Shi Hoo's scenes I renewed my respect for him. Every muscle in his face was dedicated to his character.

Here's the video I keep mentioning. I used "If I Never Knew You" from Pocahontas, but the version sung by Mel Gibson and Judy Kuhn that was cut out of the movie, not the one from the soundtrack. I think this duet works much better for them than that poppy-feeling one would have.

Guest November Rain

I came in here to share a (third) music video I just completed for The Princess' Man but I may as well participate in the discussion a little.

To be honest, both TMTETS and Kim Soo Hyun disappointing me a little. I did watch them directly after watching TPM, which is a tough act to follow, but it didn't provide the amazing story I expected. As much as I love Kim Soo Hyun, his acting was a little flat and didn't vary much. Perhaps that's just the character that was written for him. While I was making my music video and rewatching some of Park Shi Hoo's scenes I renewed my respect for him. Every muscle in his face was dedicated to his character.

Here's the video I keep mentioning. I used "If I Never Knew You" from Pocahontas, but the version sung by Mel Gibson and Judy Kuhn that was cut out of the movie, not the one from the soundtrack. I think this duet works much better for them than that poppy-feeling one would have.

Thank you so much for your lovely MV. It made me want to watch TPM again :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived