[Drama 2011] The Princess' Man 공주의 남자

Guest chancy426

Guest Starlitelet

My MV is out... wow... now looking back... I spent really A LOT of times working on it :D Hope you gals like it a little bit :)

[MV]The Princess' Man - Waiting (English subs)

I used my second most favorite non-instrumental song from TPM OST :)

Greetings aisling_ ^^!

Thank you so much for the lovely MV. I'm really glad you put subs as well!! It always adds more emotion to the song when I understand the lyrics that go along with beautiful scenes ^^. I like how you chose different scenes that other vidders don't often use either. I also like how you chose this song because it's so underrated!

I checked out your other videos, and they're so well done as well. I love the one of Family's Honor. Do you recommend me watching that drama? I find Park Shi Hoo looks so fine in that drama. I prefer him with that haircut than in his other modern drama ones. His character also seems cute. Though, the drama is so long and there are so many characters! I don't know if it's worth it - haha. How did you find it aside from Park Shi Hoo. He's not the main character (I think), so I'm not sure if I want to go through all those episodes.

------------------------------------------------

By the way, can anyone help this poor noobish girl - haha? How do I upload signatures and all instead of using imageshack. I used to rely on that, but now it has become a nuisance :sweatingbullets:. Do you guys use a particular site to upload pictures as well? Thanks y'all!

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My MV is out... wow... now looking back... I spent really A LOT of times working on it :D Hope you gals like it a little bit :)

[MV]The Princess' Man - Waiting (English subs)

I used my second most favorite non-instrumental song from TPM OST :)

Hi aisling_,

thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork...I really liked it...and as Starlitelet said, it's great that you also use other scenes from the drama...moooore please!...XDDDDD

--------------------

And since I can't make videos I only share two gifs of one of my favorite moment...lol...:

HH.gif

HH2.gif

I think I said this before but I love the significance of this scene...by taking his hand she was not walking behind him anymore but next to him... :wub: :wub: :wub:

--------------------

Oh, I'm using photobucket if it's of any help, Starlitelet! For me it works fine, so fighting!...But maybe other girls have other sites?... :)

TPM made into a nomination list for both Banff World Media Festival in Canada and Monte Carlo TV Festival 2012.. the only K-drama which nominated :)

Banff World Media Festival

2jg5ukw.jpg

Site: http://www.banffmediafestival.com

Monte Carlo Festival

TPM is nominated under the TV series - drama category for Outstanding International Producer (3 PDs), Outstanding Actresses (MCW and HSH) and Outstanding Actors (PSH and SJH)

http://www.tvfestiva...elang=uk&p=2242

Guest Starlitelet

Hi aisling_,

thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork...I really liked it...and as Starlitelet said, it's great that you also use other scenes from the drama...moooore please!...XDDDDD

--------------------

And since I can't make videos I only share two gifs of one of my favorite moment...lol...:

I think I said this before but I love the significance of this scene...by taking his hand she was not walking behind him anymore but next to him... :wub: :wub: :wub:  

--------------------

Oh, I'm using photobucket if it's of any help, Starlitelet! For me it works fine, so fighting!...But maybe other girls have other sites?... :)

Greetings limanh ^^!

Once again, thank you for those wonderful gifs ^^! I'll check out photobucket. I heard about it many times, but never bothered to actually check it out sweatingbullets.gif.

*sigh... I think I might do an "actual" marathon of TPM once school is over - hehe. I can't get it out of my system!!

TPM made into a nomination list for both Banff World Media Festival in Canada and Monte Carlo TV Festival 2012.. the only K-drama which nominated :)

*quoted image*

Site: http://www.banffmediafestival.com

Monte Carlo Festival

TPM is nominated under the TV series - drama category for Outstanding International Producer (3 PDs), Outstanding Actresses (MCW and HSH) and Outstanding Actors (PSH and SJH)

Hi mulberry9  ^^!

Thank you so much for the great news ^^. I'm so glad TPM is getting some well-deserved recognition. I have never heard of these award/festival before. Do Korean dramas usually get nominated every year? I'm not too familiar with them, so that's why I'm asking sweatingbullets.gif. Anyhow, I'm so glad that TPM is on both of the lists ^^!

It's even bigger news that our four main leads are nominated! Whooopeee! You don't know how ecstatic I am - hehe. 

Also, it's nice to know that people around the globe know about TPM. I see that there aren't many Asian dramas/movies nominated.

Guest VilaVilli

TPM made into a nomination list for both Banff World Media Festival in Canada and Monte Carlo TV Festival 2012.. the only K-drama which nominated :)

*quoted image*

Monte Carlo Festival

Great news! I'm so glad :w00t:

TPM rocks! It's the only Korean drama that is nominated. A least an international committee isn't blind by ratings *cough cough* Like we said before, such brilliant drama comes only once in a while. Congratulation to TPM cast and crew ;-)

Do you guys think announcement will effect Baeksang awards? If they're going to give award to TMTETS for the best drama then they must be really idiotic.

Guest Starlitelet

TPM rocks! It's the only Korean drama that is nominated. A least an international committee isn't blind by ratings *cough cough* Like we said before, such brilliant drama comes only once in a while. Congratulation to TPM cast and crew ;-)

Do you guys think announcement will effect Baeksang awards? If they're going to give award to TMTETS for the best drama then they must be really idiotic.

Hi aisling_ ^^!

Did you miss my previous, previous post :sweatingbullets:?

When is the Baeksang award, by the way? :vicx: If it's the critics (and/or whoever professionally are judging) then most likely TMTETS won't get a bias (or at least less of a bias) treatment. I think the Korean citizens and the international citizens might have a different perspective on what they deem to be better. It's just my guess, really.

*quoted image*

Monte Carlo Festival

Wooow these are really good news...I'm soooo happy to see that TPM is well loved...let's all keep our fingers crossed that they will in a prize... :D :D :D

Greetings limanh ^^!

Once again, thank you for those wonderful gifs ^^! I'll check out photobucket. I heard about it many times, but never bothered to actually check it out *quoted image*.

*sigh... I think I might do an "actual" marathon of TPM once school is over - hehe. I can't get it out of my system!!

Let me know if you need any help, okay?...Do it and let's freak out afterwards together...hahaha...

--------------------------

Usually we share nice and swoonworthy moments here, but this time I want to share a gif of one of the saddest moments in this drama but yet it is one of my favorite moments...why? Because Park Si Hoo simply blew me away with his awesome awesome acting here. At this moment my love for Seung Yoo was irreversible no matter what would have come in the following episodes!!...I cried buckets back then...no man was able to make me cry this bad before...proving me what a great actor PSH is and making me his fan...here it comes:

episode9.gif

tears.gif It still makes me sad and breaks my heart looking at him... tears.gif

Guest Starlitelet

Wooow these are really good news...I'm soooo happy to see that TPM is well loved...let's all keep our fingers crossed that they will in a prize... :D :D :D  

Let me know if you need any help, okay?...Do it and let's freak out afterwards together...hahaha...

--------------------------

Usually we share nice and swoonworthy moments here, but this time I want to share a gif of one of the saddest moments in this drama but yet it is one of my favorite moments...why? Because Park Si Hoo simply blew me away with his awesome awesome acting here. At this moment my love for Seung Yoo was irreversible no matter what would have come in the following episodes!!...I cried buckets back then...no man was able to make me cry this bad before...proving me what a great actor PSH is and making me his fan...here it comes:

tears.gif It still makes me sad and breaks my heart looking at him... tears.gif

*waves at limanh ^^

I will surely ask you if I need any help with photobucket - hehe ^^;.

Awww such a nice gif once again. You're making me miss Park Shi Hoo's acting as Seung Yoo. I love his character so much. I think I fell in love with his character during this time around too. It was a complete turn of event for our beloved characters. He poured so much emotion into his character that I felt his pain throughout the latter half of the drama even more. I wonder who will be the next actor to cause such impact on me - haha... The only one that hits me right now is Young Gul from Fashion King, but he's like a totally different character. I usually prefer serious dramas over rom-coms because the emotional scenes tend to stay with me longer. Rom-coms are a good-feel in the moment because they make you giddy and all, but it's the emotional scenes from serious/melodramatic ones (if they are executed properly) that remains in my memory longer. Then again, it depends on my mood :P.

By the way, how is RTP going for you ^^?

Greetings aisling_ ^^!

I checked out your other videos, and they're so well done as well. I love the one of Family's Honor. Do you recommend me watching that drama? I find Park Shi Hoo looks so fine in that drama. I prefer him with that haircut than in his other modern drama ones. His character also seems cute. Though, the drama is so long and there are so many characters! I don't know if it's worth it - haha. How did you find it aside from Park Shi Hoo. He's not the main character (I think), so I'm not sure if I want to go through all those episodes.

Hello dear, I was busy the whole weekend I so couldn't reply to you sooner. Sorry about that :) I'll put my post about Family's Honor in spoiler tags as it's not related to the Princess' Man.

FH is indeed a long drama but I was hooked from the start so I didn't find it draggy at all. PSH is actually a main character and appears in most scenes. His character is actually a cold-hearted jerk at first, not cute and kind at all. He has no manners and no consciousness when it comes to business. But as a son and brother he's very caring and filial. I learnt A LOT about Korean traditions thanks to this show. Like really a lot. I found out Korean way of thinking isn't that much different from where I come from. My country  was influenced by Confucianism as well. I'd recommend this drama even if PSH wasn't in it ^^

@ Starlitelet @ limanh

Thank you gals for watching  and liking my MV. I enjoyed making it because I could watch TPM all over again ^^ Should I make another one (you know... an excuse to watch TPM again :D)

--------------

I was rereading javabeans' Year in review and I had tears in my eyes as I read those words about TPM. 

The drama featured beautiful landscapes, beautiful costumes, and beautiful music, but more than that it was populated by beautiful, complex relationships. Three friends split apart by one’s alliance with the dark side, yet never quite able to break old loyalties. A villainous father doting on his loving daughter. That daughter falling for his righteous enemy’s son, torn by filial love warring with her own moral compass. That enemy’s son struggling to reconcile his love for that woman with his hatred of her father. One princess resenting the other, and then the two aligning as sisters. Families slaughtered by the power-hungry, giving way to new families springing up among friends, bound by honor and ideology. And in the end, proof of love and faith standing tall, even in the face of death. *Tear* It’s epic and moving and intense.

Above and beyond their individual performances, though, was the chemistry they had together. Of all the recent dramas I’ve seen, theirs was probably the most compelling romance, one that made you believe in their connection and their love. One that went deeper than attraction and passion and bespoke a marriage of true minds. It wasn’t chemistry in the way that you wished for two actors to date in real life, but in the way that made you wistful, wishing these characters could be real people, because their love deserved to transcend the realm of fiction.

Seung Yoo and Se Ryung are my most favorite couple of all time. The only onscreen couple I've ever ship like that beside them was Buffy and Angel :)

Guest Starlitelet

Hello dear, I was busy the whole weekend I so couldn't reply to you sooner. Sorry about that :) I'll put my post about Family's Honor in spoiler tags as it's not related to the Princess' Man.

FH is indeed a long drama but I was hooked from the start so I didn't find it draggy at all. PSH is actually a main character and appears in most scenes. His character is actually a cold-hearted jerk at first, not cute and kind at all. He has no manners and no consciousness when it comes to business. But as a son and brother he's very caring and filial. I learnt A LOT about Korean traditions thanks to this show. Like really a lot. I found out Korean way of thinking isn't that much different from where I come from. My country  was influenced by Confucianism as well. I'd recommend this drama even if PSH wasn't in it ^^

@ Starlitelet @ limanh

Thank you gals for watching  and liking my MV. I enjoyed making it because I could watch TPM all over again ^^ Should I make another one (you know... an excuse to watch TPM again :D)

--------------

I was rereading javabeans' Year in review and I had tears in my eyes as I read those words about TPM. 

Seung Yoo and Se Ryung are my most favorite couple of all time. The only onscreen couple I've ever ship like that beside them was Buffy and Angel :)

Greetings aisling_ ^^!

No problem at all. I didn't mean to pressure/hurry you - haha. I was just wondering if you missed it sweatingbullets.gif.

Thanks for the reassurance. You reassured me even more by saying that the drama is good even without Park Shi Hoo ^^. I'll definitely give Family's Honor a try once school is over. I think my drama list is just accumulating so much - haha. I can't wait till I get to dive into all the finished airing dramas while waiting for the ones airing now. Do you know where to watch it, by the way? I searched for it on dramafever, but it's not in high quality. I'm so used/spoiled from high definitions of recent/newer Korean dramas that it doesn't catch my attention as much - haha. Oh, from the MV that you made of Park Shi Hoo in Family's Honor, he looks like a cute/carefree dude. Hmm... I'd like to see his character change then ^^. 

Yes, you should definitely make more PM MVs. I was worried that I might be asking for too much if you could make more sweatingbullets.gif. It's so sad that I'm always looking forward to anything related to TPM. Anyway, I really enjoy your MV styles ^^.

Man, the blogger for javabeans writes so eloquently. It gave me chills when I read it. And it still gave me the same impact after reading the his/her quoted passage that you have posted. I so agree with his/her take on Se Ryung and Seung Yoo. It hurts that they're not a real couple. Not that I want to be in a forbidden love situation or heaven forbid anyone in that situation... but I just can't help but idealize and look up to the way they care and respect on another. That is what true love should be like! I also agree that their love transitioned differently than other Korean dramas. It felt more genuine/real. In other words, their relationship grew slowly from all the ups and downs. 

Moreover, TPM covers all the themes/genres that could interest anyone. It doesn't just focus on love, betrayal, or individuality and ect... it covers everything and it does so beautifully. There wasn't a theme that was left underdeveloped or away from the strong points of the drama. Everything that felt out of place at first (if any) were answered throughout (at least the important points). It's hard to come by a drama that is as well organized as this one. Most dramas lose their sense of direction about halfway through the drama (perhaps even before). However, TPM keeps getting better and better. The ending is debatable, but I thought it was a strong ending compared to other Korean dramas. I mean I thought they would run out of ideas or make illogical decisions, but it blew me away that there were twists and turns that I did not expect. I mean twists and turns that are believable and make sense. Anyone can just throw in some twist and force the audience to understand it. However, TPM made their twists reasonable. *sigh I'm going around in circle aren't I - haha?

Hi everyone, thanks so much for keeping this thread alive ^^

Yesterday's news at Nate, it is said that TPM will be broadcast on NHK BS (Japan) from July 8th, along with the broadcasting, the two leads Park Shi Hoo and Moon Chae Won going to Japan for promoting is under considering ^^ Let's hope :w00t:

By the way, I managed to cut some NG scenes from DVD, want to share them with you.

Please purchase the DVD if you can ^^

The quality is not as good as I want, enjoy anyway :">

NG 1

NG 2

NG 3

Guest VilaVilli

Hi, everybody :) Thank you for the beautiful MVs, gifs and all the support. It is always a great pleasure to visit here. I'm really thankful and proud of you. This thread is still living after 6 months, it's so amazing! Aja aja, TPM fans!

@aisling I was Buffy&Angel shipper too :w00t:

Guest Starlitelet

Yesterday's news at Nate, it is said that TPM will be broadcast on NHK BS (Japan) from July 8th, along with the broadcasting, the two leads Park Shi Hoo and Moon Chae Won going to Japan for promoting is under considering ^^ Let's hope  :w00t:

By the way, I managed to cut some NG scenes from DVD, want to share them with you.

NG 1

NG 2

NG 3

Greetings Luna ^^!

Thank you so much for cutting the NGs and sharing them with us wub.gif. I would totally buy the DVD if it didn't cost so much :wacko:. Are they available in HD? 

Anyway, I have no clue what they're saying, but I still laughed so hard. I'm specifically talking about the scenes with Park Shi Hoo. He seems so funny, and out of it - haha!

The one where Park Shi Hoo/Seung Yoo tried to act all tough and mighty coming back to Moon Chae Won/Se Ryung (at the end of NG 1) was hilarious because he got hit on the head by a bow! I liked how Moon Chae Won kind of leaned on him and they both laughed blush.gif. Chemistry right there!

I also like the part at the beginning of NG 1 where Park Shi Hoo tried to get on the horse, but total fail - haha.

Hmmm... I didn't expect Park Shi Hoo to pretend to hit Ah Gang's mother at that scene in NG 2. So funny!!

Haha! He chocked on water or whatever beverage that was inside the cup from NG 3.

Love how Kim Young Chul/Su Yang seems like a nice guy in real life. Man, he must be a really good actor with his serious/"snarling" face in the drama. Taking out his cellphone like a boss.

Sorry if I'm being really choppy and all over the place :sweatingbullets:.

Hi, everybody :)  Thank you for the beautiful MVs, gifs and all the support. It is always  a great pleasure to visit here. I'm really thankful and proud of you.  This thread is still living after 6 months, it's so amazing! Aja aja,  TPM fans!

@aisling I was Buffy&Angel shipper too :w00t:

Hi VilaVilli ^^!

It's so nice to see you here again, and on other boards ^^.

This thread feels like my soompi home :3. So warm and comforting with all you gals (if there's any guy, sorry) :wub:.

I miss Agang and the rest of my TPM gals! :wub:  Thought I'd pop in here to say hello and give hugs (even though I still  sound like a dead frog) to you gals for keeping the thread and alive  with all the goodies!

Hola autuymnrain ^^!!

Awww... poor you. I'm so glad you're popping in to give hellos and hugs even when you're sick. Now, that's TPM spirit - hehe. Drink lots of orange juices and hope you feel better!

Are you watching anything at the moment though?

*waves at limanh ^^

I will surely ask you if I need any help with photobucket - hehe ^^;.

Awww such a nice gif once again. You're making me miss Park Shi Hoo's acting as Seung Yoo. I love his character so much. I think I fell in love with his character during this time around too. It was a complete turn of event for our beloved characters. He poured so much emotion into his character that I felt his pain throughout the latter half of the drama even more. I wonder who will be the next actor to cause such impact on me - haha... The only one that hits me right now is Young Gul from Fashion King, but he's like a totally different character. I usually prefer serious dramas over rom-coms because the emotional scenes tend to stay with me longer. Rom-coms are a good-feel in the moment because they make you giddy and all, but it's the emotional scenes from serious/melodramatic ones (if they are executed properly) that remains in my memory longer. Then again, it depends on my mood :P.

By the way, how is RTP going for you ^^?

Hi Starlitelet... :)

have you tried photobucket yet?..

Same here...I love emotional scenes more than hilarious simply because they linger longer in my heart... :P though as you said sometimes it's also great to watch something funny...yup, it depends on our mood, right?...

Here are my thoughts on RTP [i put it under spoiler tag cause it's not related here...hehehe...]:

RTP is a nice alternation to the "heavy" TPM...lol...I might be biased but I love Micky...kekeke...and I think he and Han Ji Min are doing a great job here...they also have chemistry and I love every moment they're together. I love the mix of humor [how often did I have to put my hands on my mouth in order not to laugh too loud or else I would wake my family....hahaha], sadness and mistery...I wish I don't need to wait every week...it reminded me why I usually don't watch dramas while it's still airing...lol...Yesterday I also started "The Strongest K-Pop Survival"...and I also like his brother...but everytime I look at him I have to think of Micky...

:P

Reading your comment about Luna's shared NGs I had to laugh because I had the exact same sentiments...hahaha...

@ Starlitelet @ limanh

--------------

Hi aisling_ :)

YEEEES, do it! I'll be waiting!...Fighting!...[Every excuse is fine to rewatch it...hihih...just like me when I make my gifs...]

The review is amazing...I felt deeply moved when I was reading it and could only nod in agreement!!!...And like Starlitelet said I really really wish they were real!..

Yesterday's news at Nate, it is said that TPM will be broadcast on NHK BS (Japan) from July 8th, along with the broadcasting, the two leads Park Shi Hoo and Moon Chae Won going to Japan for promoting is under considering ^^ Let's hope :w00t:

Hello Luna :)

OMG it would be wonderful if they could promote it together...more occasion for us to fangirl, ne?...hihihi...

Thank you for sharing, it was funny and cute at the same time...I already knew some NGs but not all, so it was really interesting to watch..although I have to admit that I don't always like BTS' and NGs because I want to keep the scene the way it was in my mind and forget about the actors behind it...lol...

BTW I ordered my copy of TPM ten days ago and got told that they shipped it yesterday and it'll take maybe ten more days till I get it....hurray!!!! I can't hardly wait...then I'll be rewatching it on two days in a row for sure...^^v..

Guest CaroleL

Just one question: Is this drama that good? And does it have a happy ending?? Thanks BTW

It is indeed very very good. And very addictive too.....you just want to continue with the next and next episode.

It was a bit violent when starting but once past that stage you just love it.

The ending is acceptable given the circumstances ( can't change history ). I find the ending half happy and half sad. Hope you like it.

Guest VilaVilli

Hi VilaVilli ^^!

It's so nice to see you here again, and on other boards ^^.

This thread feels like my soompi home :3. So warm and comforting with all you gals (if there's any guy, sorry) :wub:.

You're so kind, Starlitelet, thank you :wub:

I feel the same. TPM forum is like a happy home where always good to return to.

marie67 This drama is not only good. It is a full package of tragic and heartwarming moments, realistic characters, love, friendship, intrigue, unexpected turns, attractive and talented actors, beautiful music and costumes. Oh and it is more exciting if you don't know the ending. :)

Archived