[Drama 2011] The Princess' Man 공주의 남자

Guest chancy426

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIRLS! WHY YOU NO TELL ME JONG DIES! tears.gif x's 100 . This wholeeeeee series has had me on my toes. I honestly give it kudos because I can't expect what will happen...AT ALL. Like When Seryeong is ordered to become a slave by her dad, that was like, WHOA! Then when loved ones/ people you trust HAVE to betray the whereabouts because of another loved one, you wanted to hate them, but at the same time, you just couldn't. But okay, back to Jong. NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYY!!! Like I totally expected another scene where Jong would get rescued/saved, especiallllllyyyyyyyyy now that the princess is pregnant. But NOOOOOOOOOO. You girls should've warned me!!! *sniffles* His death was so heartbreaking, I'm tearing up typing this again now because I watched that this morning, had came here to respond like 7 hours later. Aight, I guess you all did warn me with the pillow going to pieces comment, but I failed to read deeper angst. I guess it would be so unrealistic if everyone lived through this unscathed huh. I am going to start episode 23 soon *goes cries some more, what am I gunna do nowwwwww*... 

Linwe, yes, we'll be soeulmates for life! <3 Yes, please do rant, because I passionately hated Jandi's character there...Okay just because you mentioned it I am the sameeeeeee my dear. I still and still can't wrap my head to like HGI with KSH because I felt the same, he was really young next to her, and I still can't accept that noona, older lady with younger guy. To me, specifically in the drama, it kept me from truly enjoying it. And then I couldn't find the chemistry. I hope TKH2 will be different for me when I start it. 

Oh, Starlitelet, I am still heartbroken over Jong for the princess too. tears.gif Anyways, thanks for reading through all that. I forgot to mention I also watched Kingdom of the Wind. HAHAHA It was weird seeing the actor from Jumong in there again. I think I was just so bias from Jumong that I didn't enjoy it much. Especially the main gal too, like she was so feeble to me compared to Soseono from Jumong. 

Yea, sorry, I wasn't specific. YES, that was the turning point for me too, the abuduction as a whole, but when she took the arrow for him, ( I mean I knew she would in any case) the filming of that section totallyyyyyyyy was heart rendering. She was bound, ran out to take it in order to protect him, and as she was falling, with her bound hands, was reaching out to touch his face. d'awwwwwwwwwww. I can see why you got really attached from just their expressive eyes. And that's what I too have to comment on, because MCW really is amazing with her eyes. All her emotions were reflected in them. 

So I am the same like you, I tend to not be so mesmorized by the leading lady in most dramas because the male steals the show. It's usually not equal. But in here, I think MCW might outshine PSH by a whee bit. Just a whee bit. And the other leading gal that steals the scene is Agang. I LOVEEEEE HER! Her simple presence on screen makes me have this "dumb guy smile". And I am sure PSW feels the same as his real form and not just Seungyoo. HAHAHA

Moon Chae Won and Park Shi Hoo seamlessly made me forget that they were actually actors who spurting scripted lines. That's how actors are supposed to act. When an actor/actress is able to make you feel that way, then they're doing a dam*n fine job!

WORD!

Okay, so going back to our saeguks...I'll be brief :]

1. Jumong, yea, it was epic for me till it got long and heartbreaking that I couldn't take it anymore. 

2. Chuno, well I think if we're not hooked by 2-3 episodes, that's not good. I don't think that's the case for all of it, but most of the time, if they can't reel me in by then, it's a lost cause. 

3. If you watch Tree with Deep Roots, do let me know if I'm truly missing out or not! :]

4. I never saw Queen Seon Duk because I was getting the summary from my friend which from how she put it, didn't seem appealing to me. So if it's one of your other favorites, it must be good?

5. OH, HIGH FIVE! I LOVEEEEEE the song from Princess Jamyung Go too! I love anything BJY and Wheesung basically. Which is why I so loveeedd "Road of Tears" by Wheesung in TMTETS. It was my favorite track on there. 

6. I think you should watch Legend of Hyang Dan, because it's really short, like 2 or 4 episodes. I can't remember. But you can have that under your saeguk belt. PUHAHAHA

Yes, I HEARTS Kim So Eun. I can see the slight resemblance of her with Shin Se Kyung now that you mentioned it. :] My favorite actors are Won Bin, Jang Dong Gun, and Yoo Gun (he's really underrated sadly, but I saw him in Hello God and fell in love with him). I love Kim Bum, but he hasn't really proven himself as a talented actor for me yet, so he has lots of room to grow in my eyes. I really like Kim Hyun Soo now too, but not sure if I'd list him as my favorite yet, because that's totally feeling like bandwagoning to me. HAHAHA

I will get back to you about the ending when I'm done. I am almost there, but danggggggg I am still heartbroken over Jong, Starlitelet! Even though I did read someeee (very little though) spoilers, I didn't catch that spoiler, so it's still haunting me! Wait so does Seungyoo not do the "Oh ho" anymore? Now that you mention it, I miss it! And once I finished TPM, I will let you know if it can be considered by favorite historical drama! :]

Hello again, shoshemoonie happy.gif I loveeeee the picture you posted. Is that you painting by any chance? :]

omo! limanh, those sigs/banners are cuteness overload! I swear that girl is one of the most adorable child actors ever! Her face brightens up any dire situation that you just can't help but love her! To me she's like Seungyoo's and Seryeong's daughter. HAHAHAHA

There goes aisling_ trying to kill us with all those images. HAHAHAH.

VilaVilli, I agree with you despite not having finished the drama and seeing just spoilers. It would be too unreal like I said earlier for the ending was just simply perfectly happy. There has to be some sacrifice of sorts, and at the same time, our hero wouldn't be left unscathed as sad as it is. 

Hello to chocssz, who wants to go to hell for that kiss. LOL. 

And welcome to the thread, katkat88 and Bambiina

I will be back! AGAIN. 

Guest panas terik

Hi panas terik ^^!I don't recall seeing your username around here. New to TPM? ^^

Hi Starlitelet,

Nice to meet you. Actually i'm one of the silent reader in TPM thread :lol: . Been lurking here since mid August 2011. Your statement made me come out from my :ph34r: mode. haha.. About the other user, i don't think you need to be curious why suddenly that user watched the last 2 ep and made the statement 'what a waste'. The answer can be seen in TMTETS thread :lol: .

panas terik, HIGH FIVE! HGI failed to bring out that fierceness in YW compared to the child actress counterpart. -_-~[

Hi autuymnrain,

HIGH FIVE to you too. HGI indeed failed in bring out the fierceness and the wittiness of YW and BIG CLAP OF APPLAUSE to the young actress. She just not emotionless but her tone of voice also flat. So, i'm not surprised when her movie was out praises mostly goes to the other actress who play the younger version of her. If she is good as what other people said, she will not be overshadow by the other actress, right?

Hey again, panas terik! Yea, I felt if HGI was more expressive, she definitely wouldn't have had the spot light stolen by KSH in TMTETS. It would've been balanced. :]

Alright, so I have some questions I wanna ask you gals! Now, I know later on, Myun becomes obsessed with Seryeong. But actually when in the beginning did he even seem to start to like her? I might have to go back to scout for that segment. :blink:

And does anyone have more bigger pictures of Agang? :wub: Thank you! I <3 her! hahaha

GIRLS! WHY YOU NO TELL ME JONG DIES! *quoted image* x's 100 . This wholeeeeee series has had me on my toes. I honestly give it kudos because I can't expect what will happen...AT ALL. Like When Seryeong is ordered to become a slave by her dad, that was like, WHOA! Then when loved ones/ people you trust HAVE to betray the whereabouts because of another loved one, you wanted to hate them, but at the same time, you just couldn't. But okay, back to Jong. NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYY!!! Like I totally expected another scene where Jong would get rescued/saved, especiallllllyyyyyyyyy now that the princess is pregnant. But NOOOOOOOOOO. You girls should've warned me!!! *sniffles* His death was so heartbreaking, I'm tearing up typing this again now because I watched that this morning, had came here to respond like 7 hours later. Aight, I guess you all did warn me with the pillow going to pieces comment, but I failed to read deeper angst. I guess it would be so unrealistic if everyone lived through this unscathed huh. I am going to start episode 23 soon *goes cries some more, what am I gunna do nowwwwww*... 

I did try to warn youuuu hahah! Regarding that episode and the triple whammy of pain I can safely say that I have never cried so hard watching a drama in my life. It wasn't just sad cry, it was angry crying! BAWWWWWLIIINGGG!! There was literally the biblical wailing and gnashing of teeth lolol and yes, the pillow copped it all :P

When SY touched SR's hair after she became a slave it was one of the most touching moments. His pain of thinking that her pain was his fault and doing must have been soo hard!! I loved how he pretty much said "screw it, I'm taking you with me!" FIST PUMPS ALL ROUND AHHAHAHAHA

Welcome to the thread panas terik :)

HOLY MOLY shoshemoonie THAT'S AMAZING!!! I WANT THAT ON MY WALL!!!!!! <3 You're soo talented! (if that's you hehe)

Guest shoshemoonie

Hi autuymnrain and linwe anyeong :rolleyes:

hahaha...it's not me girls.that picture is just my PS!

this is for you autuymnrain

oIwdz.png

ebnlG.png

XvqfF.png

3IjBL.png

Gifs treat for today TMPers :) So many skinships for a sageuk drama, right? :)

backkiss.gif

passionate.gif

passionate2.gif

Once again I'm so glad I can share my passion and love for TPM with you gals even though the show ended in October. It's awesome that we all cherish TPM even 5 months after airing :)

Guest chocssz

GIRLS! WHY YOU NO TELL ME JONG DIES! *quoted image* x's 100 . This wholeeeeee series has had me on my toes. I honestly give it kudos because I can't expect what will happen...AT ALL. Like When Seryeong is ordered to become a slave by her dad, that was like, WHOA! Then when loved ones/ people you trust HAVE to betray the whereabouts because of another loved one, you wanted to hate them, but at the same time, you just couldn't. But okay, back to Jong. NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYY!!! Like I totally expected another scene where Jong would get rescued/saved, especiallllllyyyyyyyyy now that the princess is pregnant. But NOOOOOOOOOO. You girls should've warned me!!! *sniffles* His death was so heartbreaking, I'm tearing up typing this again now because I watched that this morning, had came here to respond like 7 hours later. Aight, I guess you all did warn me with the pillow going to pieces comment, but I failed to read deeper angst. I guess it would be so unrealistic if everyone lived through this unscathed huh. I am going to start episode 23 soon *goes cries some more, what am I gunna do nowwwwww*... 

autuymrain 

I suppose everyone was kind of expecting that Jong's life wud be spared again at the very last min.  I'm glad they didnt do that coz that wud have been too predictable and repetitive.  I love this unexpected shock. 

Hello to chocssz, who wants to go to hell for that kiss. LOL

if it's a sin to kiss, then of course we have to go to hell. But to be kissed like that by PSH is like going to heaven  :D

Alright, so I have some questions I wanna ask you gals! Now, I know later on, Myun becomes obsessed with Seryeong. But actually when in the beginning did he even seem to start to like her? I might have to go back to scout for that segment. :blink:

i believe SM started liking her the 1st time he met her.  He looked like he was in awe of her and was full of praise for her courageous act.  He claimed surprise when SY said that he (SY) was the chosen Prince Consort,  Truth was he was dissapointed and jealous and it showed on his face.

Guest Starlitelet

hmm, to me I find story and character quality can diverge a bit since some writers can focus on one or the other. When talking about characters it's a little difficult as character can be poorly written, poorly acted or god forbid, both! Dramas I found with amazing engaging characters I found were Pasta and Cinderella Sister (most found this hard to swallow) and while the story was seriously lacking in both - I was soo invested in the characters I loved them and the drama regardless. On the other scale I'm yet to finish Dream High (am only up to ep 3) and found it such a hard slog as Suzy's character is so unlikeable for me! I know she softens and matures but she's just so abrasive I lost urge to watch despite a pretty fantastic, engaging story. Same with Hong Gil Dong as another example.

In regards to TMETS casting I just find KSH looks too obviously younger than HGI I can't take them seriously! I did post in the TK2H thread that visually, LSG doesn't look that younger compared to HJW so my brain is easier able to forget the age difference. Also my shallow opinion is that KSH doesn't have the face for a king hahaha, at least not yet lol.

Hi Linwe ^^!

Yes, I see your point now. I agree with Cinderella's Sister. The characters were very unique, but the storyline was hard to swallow. I originally liked the drama, but just couldn't take it any longer at some point. Great performance from Moon Geung Young. Though, I was getting extremely frustrated with her weird personality in there (the character and not the actress).

Kim Soo Hyun was supposed to be a young King in TMTETS anyway, so I accepted that part. I also didn't find a huge age difference between him and Han Ga In. Though, it was obvious there was a gap... it didn't bother me. His acting compensates for his young looks... he's actually pretty fierce when he yells (IMO). In fact, I think that's why they made him yell consistently throughout the drama to compensate for his boyish look (not that I minded) :lol:.

BTW  it never occurred to me that Seung Yoo was only a book person so his  transformation into a dark assassin was smooth for me. Of course he  "levelled up" in martial arts gradually but I think Seung Yoo excelled  in both studies and martial arts from the start. For example he  obviously was a good horse rider and when he was shot with an arrows (ep  2&3) he didn't seem to be bothered by it. He acted as a person he  was used to endure physical pain. He was the hottest husband material in the whole Joseon after all :D Besides being a nobleman from a powerful & wealthy family he was obviously intelligent and talented. Not to mention droolworthy and hot as hell

While  ladies were falling at SY's feet left and right I understood that Se  Ryung had delicate features but wasn't considered as an exceptional  beauty compared to princess Kyung Hye. I'm not talking about Moon Chae  Won (whom I find very pretty) but her character. When SY saw her for the  first time he wasn't blown away by her beauty but by her wittiness.

Hi aisling_ ^^!

Maybe because I wasn't paying too much attention to him when I first viewed the beginning episodes. He looked like a book person compared to Shin Myun, despite being "adventurous" at the giseang or whatever - haha. Though, it's true about how he reacted after being shot with an arrow. He was so brave/courageous. I guess that was just built within him. Come to think of it, he's also has some temper problems... like he acts irrationally without thinking at times. I think that's one of character flaw.

To respond to your drool-worthy comment - haha! I guess if he actually existed... the whole Joseon area that he lived in would be flooded with saliva ehh? Sorry for the disturbing imagery :sweatingbullets:.

Since  I'm still drooling over these kissing gifs I can't type coherent  words...hahaha...it's really not good for my heart...how am I suppose to  get over this drama with this h.o.t.n.e.s.s????....

aisling_,  I also didn't question Seung Yoo's swordmannship because the way he  fought after being shot by the arrow was just awesome...my hero  immediately...kekeke... :wub: :wub:  

Cause I can't express myself today I just share two sigs:

A Kang with her uncle after their reunion...I simply love this moment! Made me cry so bad back then...

I also love all  their moments because besides from her cuteness at least with her we  would see his beautiful smile and a glimpse of the "old" SY!...

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Greetings limanh ^^!

Thanks for those two great banners! I also think this thread is officially full of saliva - haha!

Se Ryung and Seung Yoo are like a match made in heaven! Seriously, they're willing to sacrifice themselves to protect one another. That's what I call true love! Love how they're both so brave.

@ shoshemoonie That's so cool! It looks so real.

----------------------------

Sorry gals, I will be back. I just wrote a whole text and accidentally pressed refresh, so I lost everything I wrote once again :sweatingbullets:.

Guest VilaVilli

Hey again, panas terik! Yea, I felt if HGI was more expressive, she definitely wouldn't have had the spot light stolen by KSH in TMTETS. It would've been balanced. :]

And does anyone have more bigger pictures of Agang? :wub: Thank you! I <3 her! hahaha

This one is my favourite:

tpm07.jpg

Okay, so going back to our saeguks...I'll be brief :]

1. Jumong, yea, it was epic for me till it got long and heartbreaking that I couldn't take it anymore. 

2. Chuno, well I think if we're not hooked by 2-3 episodes, that's not good. I don't think that's the case for all of it, but most of the time, if they can't reel me in by then, it's a lost cause. 

3. If you watch Tree with Deep Roots, do let me know if I'm truly missing out or not! :]

4. I never saw Queen Seon Duk because I was getting the summary from my friend which from how she put it, didn't seem appealing to me. So if it's one of your other favorites, it must be good?

5. OH, HIGH FIVE! I LOVEEEEEE the song from Princess Jamyung Go too! I love anything BJY and Wheesung basically. Which is why I so loveeedd "Road of Tears" by Wheesung in TMTETS. It was my favorite track on there. 

6. I think you should watch Legend of Hyang Dan, because it's really short, like 2 or 4 episodes. I can't remember. But you can have that under your saeguk belt. PUHAHAHA

Wow...thanks for sharing autuymnrain.  Would like to respond to your sageuks in brief...

1.  JUMONG...oh i was so hooked onto this drama and i just had to search for continuation and was so happy to chance upon Kingdom of the Winds which is about Jumong's son Yuri and Jumong's grandson Muhyul.  Priceless and yes...tearing too...

2.  CHUNO the slave hunter...was a bit slow but later i was engrossed as well.  So far only watch once and would like to re-watch to really get the whole story line.

3.  DEEP-ROOTED TREE..ok..admit i am so hooked into this drama as well and have watched or re-watched 4 times and yes...going back to watch when i am done watching my current series.  I like the story line on how hangul the Korean alphabet came about... very interesting knowledge...

4.  QUEEN SEON DUK...took me a while to catch on and it was because of Uhm Tae Woong as Kim Yoo Shin that caught me on to this drama. His acting is so intense.  Yes teary as well.  Try watching...

5. & 6. I have not seen. Will try to be on the lookout for these two.

Back to topic of this thread...The Princess' Man...  

Am currently watching The Moon that Embraces the Sun.  Reading everyone's sharing on TPM makes me wanna go back to re-watching TPM. TPM is a beautiful sageuk drama and yes...i can indeed watch this kind umpteenth times. 

I'm so hopeless guys. I started rewatching TPM again. Geez. I seriously need to stop :D :D

BTW I wonder what kind of make-up they use. I'm watching the show in 720p quality and their skin seems so smooth and flawless.

I'm sooo thankful that this thread is still alive...*bows*...thanks alot, girls!!...You need to know that I was never that active before in this forum...but somehow TPM managed to get me out of my nutshell..kekeke...

@shoshemoonie: your PS skills are awesome...I really admire you for it...share more, okay?...I can never get enough of our OTP...

@autuymnrain: We tried to prepare you...lol..but I think the unpredictability is one of the best points of the drama...when I was watching it the first time [totally unspoiled because I deliberately didn't read anything about it besides from the short synopsis at dramawiki] I was totally blown away...left speechless...and fell irrevocably in love with this drama... :wub: :wub:

Are the posted pics of A Kang enough or do you have a special scene in mind? If yes, tell me and I'll share!... :D

@panas terik: Welcome, girl! I hope you enjoy our sometimes very very long entries, too...lol...Please feel free to share your two cents, too!...XDDD

@Linwe: I don't know how many times I watched this scene already...*sighs*...when she said she wished she had asked him to stay and he was standing behind her my heart was beating so fast...and when he was grabbing her hands I jumped up and was laughing and crying...hihihi...this was how much I was into this drama...

@aisling: I just calmed down and now you are driving me crazy again... w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif I rewatched it yesterday, too!...kekeke...

@chossz: I agree...first SM was only impressed by her courage but slowly he fell for her despite knowing of her love for his best friend...but feelings can't be controlled, right? Even if his brain would tell him to stop liking her his heart wouldn't listen...

@Starlitelet: ...*waves back*...Definitely yes! And now it's even more with the new gifs aisling shared...kekeke...and yes again...their love is so special they made it to my no. 1 spot... :D

Btw I love his "Oh Ho", too! Especially when I rewatched it I had to giggle everytime he said it...my favorite would be when the ladies tried to touch her or when they urged him to push her in the swing scene...or when he said it to her on their press conference...so cuteeeeeee....

@VilaVilli: I also loved the scene where she appeared in his room the morrow after he was shot...

@jojoanna: Welcome [back?]!...Yes, TPM is for sure worth rewatching...

-------------------------------

I hope I didn't forget anyone...lol...actually I came to share my favorite moment of our Royal Couple...I mean I have to admit that my focus is primary on SY/SR but this scene was so beautful that I had to cry...again without alot of words they managed to fill me with emotions...I mean undoubtly SY and SM were more handsome but in this scene his love for the CP made him outstanding in my eyes...simply beautiful:

TPM107s.jpg

TPM108s.jpg

What is your favorite Royal Couple moment?...

yea, Linwe, you gals did. I just failed to see all the warning signs coming in. :sweatingbullets: Yea, I was bawling too. SIGH. I can't believe it. hahaha, but you wailed too? OMO! HAHAHAHA  (what are you watching right now by the way, so I can stalk chu! kidding! haha)

shoshemoonie, you're a darling! Thank you sooooo much for all the pictures! <3 Your ps is very veryyyyyyy awesome!

aisling_, you are out to kill the girls, aren't chu? HAHAHAHA. I have to agree. Koreans really know how to do makeup! I am alays blown away by how little makeup it looks like they wear, and always wanted to learn. It's seriously beautiful makeup that I think beats Hollywood. :]

chocssz, yes, it was absolutely unpredictable, but I sincerely had hoped that Jong was spared. :tears: Thanks for answering my question too! I might go back to watch it again now too. LOL

VilaVilli, I loveeeeeeeeeee that image. Thank you! Agang is seriously soooo cute! She should be our leading couple's daughter, because she left such a deep impression on me that when their daughter showed up at the end, all I thought was...AGANG, where are you! :lol:

jojoanna! Hello! Thanks for reading through my ramblings on saeguks. I wrote more here if you're interested in reading more of that and letting me know your thoughts too.

limanh, thnaks for making my stay here fun too! It's gals like you that I love to come back to! :] I'm glad you came out of your silent shell to join us! YEA, I know you girls did subliminally tell me, prepare me for heartwrenching moments, but I was stillllll totally caught off guard. HAHAHA. I too am really speechless. I wanted to find more pictures of Agang, especially any bigger pictures of her when she finally reunites with her uncle, in her hanbok at the start, or when she's learning to write. hahahaha Thank you! <3 And he said "oh ho" at the press conference? I WANT CLIPS TO THAT TOO PLEASE! HAHAHA :wub: Oh to answer your question, my favorite moment with the Royal Couple is the same as the one you posted, followed by the merry time they had drinking, and the princess tells him he's about to be a dad. That was sooooo d'awwwwwwwww.

waiting to hear from you, Starlitelet! :]

ALRIGHT GIRLS...READY FOR MY UBER LONG POST?

:lol:

Girls…I am done. I can’t believe it. I completed TPM. The crazy thing was, I never even really felt like it could end, like I was barely getting into it. I loveeeed it despite some things I want to nitpick at about the ending. But then again, with most dramas, I have a hard time finding closure or being satisfied enough. So before I really nitpick about my unhappiness, I wanna talk more about each of the characters and all.

So as the series came to end with our lovely family of Seungyoo , Seryeong, and their daughter, it’s just really hard to accept this feeling that it’s really over, because it made me think of the leads’ encounter at the beginning, when everything was so carefree, innocent, and youthful in a way. Then as the story progressed, that journey was amazing, in a “wow, I can’t believe we’re now here.” Hahaha. For good reasons of course. I kinda feel mentally/emotionally drained. :] I dunno if that’s what you gals felt after watching too.  Seeing Seryeong grow and mature so much into this fierce and bold young woman was a real treat. She went through some major changes and obstacles throughout the series, and it’s grand because for one of the first rare time, I see the leading lady tip the scale more and make a bigger impact than the leading male. And that is just awesome. For Seungyoo, he went from this intellectual, playful scholar, to hero with a shoulder of pain and responsibilities. I didn’t think he’d fail in taking down King Suyang, but in that moment of hearing news that Seryeong was pregnant, how tragic that it lead to him losing his eyesight. :( However, like Seungyoo did say though, he lost purpose for revenge but gained something even greater: love. I was really happy with that, because then it set him on the right path—that he wouldn’t be the same like Suyang. I was happy with that, even though his road for revenge started off the same, but at least it ended differently for him compared to Suyang, who will now live the rest of his days haunted by his past.

Speaking of Suyang, mannnnnnn he was a great actor! I hated him, but at the same time, pitied him so much. At first, I was so upset and angry of course at the things he did to gain the throne, or the way he forsaken Seryeong. But that pity where I almost felt like I couldn’t hate him anymore was at the end of the series—knowing his days will not be peaceful, and perhaps when he does, will have to atone for those sins and whatnot.  However, the actor was phenomenal in the role. He definitely had that chemistry with Seryeong as his daughter. It felt so real, like his love for her, wanting to be approved/accepted by her. After all, she was his most cherished right. And I totally just felt that love between them. Even though he became really harsh towards her, I never felt like he stopped loving his daughter. He was just so blind with paranoia that he failed to even know he still loved her very much. Yet the pain, the love, and eventually acceptance and remorse towards his daughter was always present in the way his eyes as well. Great actor! Lemme continue my list of the cast/characters. PUHAHA

The Queen, Seryeong’s mother. She started off almost very much in the background, supporting her husband, and being a mother. I don’t think it was till mid/end of the series where she totally got to shine. I guess she just didn’t have the opportunity to in the earlier storyline of the series. For example when she tells the king if anything happens to Seryeong, she’d never forgive her husband…that was pivotally powerful from her. She continued that strong tirade going to visit the princess, and holding the princess’ son. And I loved the line where she talked about how this is just a matter between what a mother feels with a child, and not as her role of being a queen. That was super touching! Then when she took matters into her own hand to save her daughter,  Seungyoo, and perhaps for the sake of the unborn child, I was sooo touched and going “you go your highness!” LOL

Seryeong’s brother, Sung, was the same for me like the queen at first. He was very much portrayed as a feeble, quiet, and obedient son. However, when that illness took place and he kept asking to see his sister, I guess I caught on that they were probably really close siblings compared to the youngest sister. When he simply spoke up for Seryeong against Myun, I was so surprised and in awe. It was super sweet of him and gave him the spotlight at that moment before his character passed away. He was so concerned and kind that when he died, I cried along with his family. It was very moving and believable, and knowing he found peace despite what his father had done made me really thankful it turned out that way. I love his character even though it was so short. But it was memorable.

I do not want to open up the tears I barely have just managed to stop, hahaha, so I will be really brief about Princess Kyung He and Jong. I loved them, especially the princess from the start. She started off looking content with her life, etc. but was super fierce like Seryeong throughout the series too. I love that she gradually was able to realize the extent of Jong’s love and no longer was cold. When she realized how much she loved him, that was just so touching for me. Their romance was so short-lived, yet lives on to leave an impression forever. Of course you gals all know my heartbroken rant and tears at the death of Jong. I was so utterly upset, because I didn’t really expect it to happen at all! Now thinking about it makes me super sad again…

The traitor, Myun. Gosh, I really hated him, but at the same time pitied him so much too. He was so evil at times, but then also so torn that it made me truly hate him because despite Jong and Seungyoo going against him, I think deep down they still cherished that friendship. Though broken, it made me lessen my hate towards Myun too because of the other two guys.  He was also really courteous to Seryeong too even though forceful at times. Because he betratyed his dearest friends, I don’t think he ever found peace with himself after that. He was always torn, and had that breaking look about him. I don’t think he realized how true his friends had always been to him until he was shot to death by the people he sided with. That was so heartbreaking. The actor who portrayed Myun did a splendid performance to the role, of the friend turned jealous traitor. Then in the end, one fleeting moment, realized how wrong he was. If he was alive, I don’t know if he’d ever see it and be able to turn around, but in his dying moment, I think he finally understood true friendship, and how deep Jong and Seungyoo meant to him, and what he meant to them—late as it was.

Suk Joo was just that amazing friend who stood by Seungyoo’s side from the start. When they were first on the ship, and he saved Seungyoo, continuing to be there for him, I was like “does this guy have a motive? Why is he so loyal without question?” He was suchhhhhhh a lovely character along with the rest of the gang. But he had this fatherly/ and deinfitely hyungnim love for Seungyoo. It was really touching. I especially loveddddddd the interactions, though little, he had with adorableeeee Agang.

One of my favorite characters who never fails to light up the screen. I mean just look at this adorable face…  

XvqfF.png

‘NUFF SAID. LOL

Now, for Yeori, the maid that from the start followed Seryeong. She played such a small role, but was just as important to me. She was so loyal and loving, I really adored her. Her and the maid for the princess were really just awesome. They were just so loyal and loving to their masters, that sometimes I forget they’re maids and think they’re more like Seryeong’s and the Princess’ friend and confidante.

Yanno, this is really brief too, but Suyang’s bodyguard, Im Woon (hahaha, in TMTETS, the king’s bodyguard was also named Woon) was an interesting character for me. He didn’t have much of a role other than following orders, but something about that actor’s eyes when he’s in character really makes me ponder what potential he has if given a bigger role. When he hauled away the supposedly dead Seryeong and Seungwoo, I was like “hey, he seems like a very capable actor too!”

Let’s get to my bit of rant on the ending though. I wasn’t happy that the gang didn’t know Seungyoo and Seryeong are still alive when they showed them placing flowers at the gravesite. I don’t get why they couldn’t all live together and keeping that secret. It’s so lonely to be without friends in my opinion, and I was VERY disappointed that the friends who are practically like family, don’t know that they’re still alive.

Which brings me to the princess, her baby, and of course Agang and her mom! Why couldn’t they all reunite! WHYYYYYYY!? I think I was utterly disappointed that the story didn’t have them all reunite and live in the same area/viallage or something. I mean I understand maybe the princess and her son can’t, because that would risk exposing that secret that our leading couple is still alive. But couldn’t they secretly meet up, and have the princess and her son come visit? I guess I wanted the gang and our couple’s family to be together and reunited, because imagine how sad it is to be separeated from friends who are practically like family. :’( I was really sad and disappointed there.

Despite my rant there, I really did enjoy the drama, and am so glad I came here from TMTETS and found friends, substantial discussion, and worthy spazzines! Thank you gals.

tumblr_lf3hoxLY4A1qesc3io1_500.gif

I hope we’ll still linger here, and be able to catch each other in other dramas too. Are you gals watching anything?

All in all, this series had a phenomenal cast, down to the very insignificant roles. It goes to show what a well put together this drama is with all its story and casting crew. I am blown away!

Hi autuymnrain and linwe anyeong :rolleyes: hahaha...it's not me girls.that picture is just my PS!

Oh what do you mean dearie? so you photoshopped that PM image and superimposed it with that random girl?

Love the pics of Agang you and others have posted she's seriously the cutest thing to hit K-TV ever! I swear everytime I see her I turn into an ajumma and just want to pinch her cheeks!!! aigoooo!!

aisling can always count on you to bring the temperature up in this thread! *fans self* loveeeee those gifs hahahah. need a cold shower ;)

Starlitelet how young was he meant to be in drama? ah well, I'll watch TMETS eventually and I'll reassess my prejudices hahah. You reminded me how much I loved how SY spoke at the beginning of the drama... not only the 'oh ho's' which is soo oddly sexy but the general tone and inflections in his voice. It's academic and intelligent but never pompous sounding as SY always seemed to have that slight smirk of playfulness everytime that prevented him seeming too serious. Later when he become oh so hot, broody and angsty his tone lost its polish and he lowered his voice and become more gruff. Love a man with a deep voice! PSH doesn't knock Lee Sun Gyun from his throne of 'best voice in the business - THE Voice' but he gets pretty close!

i love too the little bit after that when SM comes and SY has to hide and balls up his fist in jealously and protectiveness at SM and his possessive rage (Gosh, moody, possessive and aggressive - can the man be any more worst husband material!??!?!?). SY's jealously is the best kind of jealously as he's spurred to act to protect her in an immediate sense and also acts towards his own happiness by taking her away despite the barriers still in the way. Like in Ojakgyo Farm, the issue of 'you parent(s) killed my parent(s)' is a grave one but he couldn't stand the heartache of missing her any longer to bear leaving her or being apart anymore. It's heart over head!

autuymnrain I've just finished Shut Up and The Kind 2 Hearts is the only thing I'm following now. Mega pumped for that one! While I don't go gaga over LSG, I've loved everything he's been in and same for HJW. Don't love her, but I like her and recognise she's great in these kind of roles. Do you have a twitter? I have an account I made to spazz with fellow soompiers hhaha. It's @linwechan if you or anyone else wants to add and I'll follow back ^^. It's a great place to go nutso over a drama without forum-post overkill hahah

YAY you finished the drama! I agree with you about the ending how I thought it was unnecessary to cut off contact with their close friends, especially with PSH blind his merry crew could have helped him a lot. At the same time to me the ending is a bittersweet one not for PSH but for SR whom, no matter how happy she was living a simple life with the man and child she loves. She can never be truly happy always carrying the memories of forsaking her parents and in particular her father to be with PSH in the jailbreak part and earlier on when she fought with him over her views of right and wrong, becoming a slave in the process. It's one of those inherently asian attributes which is inbuilt...our parents' influence lasts a lifetime, that respect (even over love) is ingrained and no matter how terrible they are, to abandon or rebel against them would leave a scar in her heart buried deep, deep down.

So yep, the destination wasn't stellar but the journey... just WOW!

Wow, so many posts, so many long posts :wacko:

I really really REALLY love you girls/guys - old and new fans of TPM :wub:

48th Beaksang Art Awards nominees list is out, everyone ^^

TPM is nominated for Best Drama, Best Directing, Best Scriptwriting, Best Actor and Best Actress.

For Best Drama, nominees are The Princess's Man, Brain (KBS), Tree With Deep Roots (SBS), The Greatest Love and Moon Sun (MBC).

For Best Directing, the nominated directors come from The Princess's Man, Brain (KBS), Tree With Deep Roots (SBS), Moon Sun and Twinkle Twinkle (MBC)

For Best Scriptwriting, we have The Princess's Man, Brain (KBS), Tree With Deep Roots (SBS), Light and Shadow, and The Greatest Love as its nominees.

For Best Actor, Park Shi Hoo is on the list along with Kim Soo Hyun (Moon Sun), Cha Seung Won (TGL), Shin Ha Kyun (Brain), and Han Suk Kyu (Tree)

For Best Actress, wow, its a very tough competition, nominees are Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin (TGL), Kim Sun Ah (Scent of Woman), Kim Hyun Joo (Twinkle), Soo Ae (1000 days' promise).

Besides, we have Popularity Award, which will be decided from fans' vote. You can check the list of actors/actresses nominated for this here, and here ^^

============================================================

*check below*

Starlitelet ^^ Sorry, Im about to give more details, but someting happened, Ill be right back ^^ Just wait :wub:

Guest Starlitelet

Wow, so many post, so many long post  :wacko:

I really really REALLY love you girls/guys - old and new fans of TPM  :wub:

TPM is nominated for Best Drama, Best Directing, Best Scriptwriting, Best Actor and Best Actress.

For Best Drama, nominees are The Princess's Man, Brain (KBS), Tree With Deep Roots (SBS), The Greatest Love and Moon Sun (MBC).

For Best Directing, the nominated directors come from The Princess's Man, Brain (KBS), Tree With Deep Roots (SBS), Moon Sun and Twinkle Twinkle (MBC)

For Best Scriptwriting, we have The Princess's Man, Brain (KBS), Tree With Deep Roots (SBS), Light and Shadow, and The Greatest Love as its nominees.

For Best Actor, Park Shi Hoo is on the list along with Kim Soo Hyun (Moon Sun), Cha Seung Won (TGL), Shin Ha Kyun (Brain), and Han Suk Kyu (Tree)

For Best Actress, wow, its a very tough competition, nominees are Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin (TGL), Kim Sun Ah (Scent of Woman), Kim Hyun Joo (Twinkle), Soo Ae (1000 days' promise).

Besides, we have Popularity Award, which will be decided from fans' vote. You can check the list of actors/actresses nominated for this here, and here ^^

Hi Luna179 ^^!

Long time no "read" - haha! Thanks a lot of the heads-up ^^. You typed the popularity award is where the fans vote... does it mean Korean citizens only? I'd like to pitch in, if that's not the case - hehe.

Also, the nominations are chosen from critics or something right? Only then would it be (somewhat more) fair, in my opinion. If it's the fans, the Moon-Sun would dominate anything it's in.

------------------------------------------

Anyway gals, I promise I'll be back. Sorry for not being able to post much. I want to be as insightful/detailed as possible (that is as long as I don't run out of fuel - haha).

Not that you guys would want to know, but I've been having a lot of exams. Though, now my exams are finally over (for the moment), so I'm having a day out. I'm going to see The Hunger Games today! I'm just curious, is there anyone here who is obsessed with The Hunger Games? Totally off topic, but if you guys are as crazy about it as me, then I'd love to share some opinions with y'all somewhere else (or here)- haha.

Thank you for keeping this board so alive. It's quite funny that this thread is actually more alive than some other dramas that are currently airing :lol:.

It would be super cool if there was a screening or marathoning of TPM and we all could watch it together ... Like, it would be nice for all of us PM lovers to be able to watch/marathon the drama together. If only... hehe! :wub:

Guest shoshemoonie

Wow, so many posts, so many long posts :wacko:

I really really REALLY love you girls/guys - old and new fans of TPM :wub:

============================================================

*check below*

oh my beautiful luna.can you tell us how to vote For them:wub:

SVPZr.png

ktNks.png

your welcome autuymnrain :rolleyes:

hi starlitelet.*wave*

Hi shedevil77.you are right Kim yubin is a cute little girl

where's aisling? today i miss you(tpm ost hahaha)

This is my second time watching TPM because I got so disgusted with the comparisons with TMETS I decided I would watch TPM again to see if my judgment was off. But NO my judgment just fine ..... TMETS just stunk!!! Don't get me wrong I enjoyed TMETS(for what it was worth) but it isn't a drama you could watch over and over. And by no means can it ever compare to the blockbuster plot of TPM!! Or the actors

Archived