Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

_RaiN_

do you repeat what you did in the first round for the second and do something else for the third, or do you do something different each time?? *quoted image*

Gosh, sorry for the late reply! To answer your question, you'll have to do something different each round. That doesn't mean you'll have to go from dancing to singing it just means that if you're dancing you have to do something different each round as the judges would have seen what you did for your first round.

Can you rate my looks from 1 to 10?

And also the chances of me getting in?

I have won many singing competitions usually in top 5, and I can dance too.

blush.gif

Thanks!

I'm not really good with rating what people look like cause I believe that everyone is special in their own ways. The chances of you getting in depends on what you do and how you choose to do it. Winning singing competitions is always good as you've got many experience and you should be able to pass the auditions quite easily if you can sing and dance well. You'll need to be talented in the basics such as: Singing and dancing for the auditions and your looks has to be normal or above average. Then if you join SM Entertainment they'll teach you other things and if you're a fast learner then you'll debut faster.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JordynShawol

Hey ! Im trying for SM auditions this november but I wanna know if Im good enough .. I can sing , but just can't dance .. Im practicing alot on dancing .. Based on rumours , I heard that SM is more towards looks side .. I dont know if I got the looks but can you all help me judge ? Also , is it better if I sing a Korean song ? Because Im thinking of singing IU's good day if that is okay .. >< . otherwise , I would be singing Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri or probably a Chinese song .. Any song recommendations ? I would love to get some info on how the weekly auditions is like ! C: Oh , if you all have any videos on some dance steps , would you mind posting the links ? >< I wanna learn some .. Thanks in advance ! C:

Hey ! Im trying for SM auditions this november but I wanna know if Im good enough .. I can sing , but just can't dance .. Im practicing alot on dancing .. Based on rumours , I heard that SM is more towards looks side .. I dont know if I got the looks but can you all help me judge ? Also , is it better if I sing a Korean song ? Because Im thinking of singing IU's good day if that is okay .. >< . otherwise , I would be singing Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri or probably a Chinese song .. Any song recommendations ? I would love to get some info on how the weekly auditions is like ! C: Oh , if you all have any videos on some dance steps , would you mind posting the links ? >< I wanna learn some .. Thanks in advance ! C:

SM Entertainment was based on looks before but now they want people with equal talents and looks. We can't really help you judge the looks if we don't know what you look like. Picking songs to sing really depends what you're comfortable with, example is if you're from China (which seems to be the case) and you're more comfortable singing Chinese then it's more recommended if you sing in Chinese. Singing in whatever language doesn't matter, it's just that being able to fluently speak/understand/etc. Korean will be more beneficial to you. The weekly auditions is quite simple, it's broken down into these basic steps:

1.) You arrive at the audition location (which opens Saturday and Sunday I believe) 

2.) You wait in line to sign an audition form. 

3.) A number will be given to you and you'll have to wait until you've been called. (They call you in groups of 10)

4.) You'll probably be called in just before the group before you finish performing. You'll sit and wait if you're called in early or if not you'll be called in.

5.) You'll be performing in order (If you're 5 then you'll be 5th to perform).

6.) After you perform, you'll find out about whats next.

Dancing steps depend on what style of dance you want to learn. So you have to pick a specific dance style and learn :D

Good luck and I hope I helped. 

Guest vikkisunhahaha

i live in SF, theres like NO WAY I CAN GO 2 LA D: do they have a stop at SF or somehting :/ i really wana audition... and....

why do ppl train up to 10+ years sometimes... language problems?

say someone got accepted into any other entertainment industry other than SM, is it possible for them to transfer to SM? i've read that some people transfer to other industries but i've never heard of people transferring to SM

say someone got accepted into any other entertainment industry other than SM, is it possible for them to transfer to SM? i've read that some people transfer to other industries but i've never heard of people transferring to SM

Trainees have been passed through companies before, but it's not recommended to ask your current company to transfer you to another. It's only possible to transfer if the other company wants you.

Guest vikkisunhahaha

hmm... i live in SF, is it possible that you can train in SF if you make the audition? and.. please be honest with me, will they accept people with single eyelid? o.o. . . my eyes are long, but yeah... if you can dance+sing, but you have single eyelid, will they accept you? 

hmm... i live in SF, is it possible that you can train in SF if you make the audition? and.. please be honest with me, will they accept people with single eyelid? o.o. . . my eyes are long, but yeah... if you can dance+sing, but you have single eyelid, will they accept you? 

It's not possible to train in SF if you pass the auditions, you'll have to train in Korea. To be honest with you, having one eyelid doesn't mean you wont get accepted, it just means they'll put into consideration that you have one eyelid. 

Guest vikkisunhahaha

okay... HI :3 again sorry to bother you but i REALLY don't have any idea about the audition and wha'ts their standard... i really want to get into SM so if you want to... can you read my "audition" and see if i have a chance of getting into SM? thank you ^^i REALLY appreciate your help :) 

Name: Victoria(Biying) Sun /孙碧嬴/손벽영(korean name... basically my chinese name in korean) fun fact: byok means wall XD

Nationality: Chinese :) or American... @_@... I could b an US citizen right now, or keep my chinese passport @_@

Height: 177cm

Weight: 62kg(this sounds like an excuse... but its really just all muscles - -... im an athlete XD)

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: 

*I am really positive, and i think i do better under pressure :P

*People who knows me calls me the "most entertaining person to be with" LOL

*I guess i am... TALL >.< lol XD

*I play tennis(varsity, singles 3)/badminton(varsity doubles 1)

*Moved to America when i was 11, became a fluent english speaker in 3 years

* I am a Christian (lol)

*People say im nice?... XD

*I have really really long legs (someone was like:" DAMN UR LEGS NEVER END)

*I have single eyelid = = need plastic sergury probably...

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment:

*I started piano since i was 3 years old

*i play the drums pretty well~

*I also play bass

*I am fluent in Chinese and English

*I am in my 2nd year of Japanese

*I speak basic korean, but i can read it :3

*I started dancing since i was 5 

*I auditioned for the Pledis USA Audition(my first audition) didnt make it :P oh well~ there will be opportunities 

*I've performed so many times... hehehe

*I am really good with latin dance, i learn dance moves pretty fast :P

*Strangers tells me I have a voice hahaha~ (i will upload a mp3 when i get a chance :3)

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer:

-I LOVE DANCING/SINGING

-This is just what i want to do

-I have no interest in math/study/what so ever... singing/dancing are the only two things i love

-I think i have talent and its what i want to do(again lol)

-I know the life of trainee/celebrity, but if this is what it takes to chase my dream, i will deal with it

oh~ and photos~ :P (they are not exactly the best for applications... but just a general idea of how i look lol~) 

ahhh >.< they are huge TT^TT sorry.... (no make up btw)

262577_1456387147889_1779688265_687797_5047241_n.jpg

heres another 1~(wit out glasses) and no make up 

267255_1456252664527_1779688265_687735_3403640_n.jpg

hehehe more pics~ im actually having fun with this o.o (OMO THIS IS HUGE D: im so sorry) you can totally see my arm tan line... LOL hahah im wearing my SHINee bracelet yes~ im a shawol~ and uhh im wearing eyeliner in this one

Resized to 89% (was 768 x 1024) - Click image to enlarge325325_1503552126984_1779688265_734198_197100905_o.jpg

im so sorry for the big pictures... = = and eyeliner in this pic :P

199026_1309023503890_1779688265_525552_7164175_n.jpg

okay... HI :3 again sorry to bother you but i REALLY don't have any idea about the audition and wha'ts their standard... i really want to get into SM so if you want to... can you read my "audition" and see if i have a chance of getting into SM? thank you ^^i REALLY appreciate your help :) 

Name: Victoria(Biying) Sun /孙碧嬴/손벽영(korean name... basically my chinese name in korean) fun fact: byok means wall XD

Nationality: Chinese :) or American... @_@... I could b an US citizen right now, or keep my chinese passport @_@

Height: 177cm

Weight: 62kg(this sounds like an excuse... but its really just all muscles - -... im an athlete XD)

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: 

*I am really positive, and i think i do better under pressure :P

*People who knows me calls me the "most entertaining person to be with" LOL

*I guess i am... TALL >.< lol XD

*I play tennis(varsity, singles 3)/badminton(varsity doubles 1)

*Moved to America when i was 11, became a fluent english speaker in 3 years

* I am a Christian (lol)

*People say im nice?... XD

*I have really really long legs (someone was like:" DAMN UR LEGS NEVER END)

*I have single eyelid = = need plastic sergury probably...

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment:

*I started piano since i was 3 years old

*i play the drums pretty well~

*I also play bass

*I am fluent in Chinese and English

*I am in my 2nd year of Japanese

*I speak basic korean, but i can read it :3

*I started dancing since i was 5 

*I auditioned for the Pledis USA Audition(my first audition) didnt make it :P oh well~ there will be opportunities 

*I've performed so many times... hehehe

*I am really good with latin dance, i learn dance moves pretty fast :P

*Strangers tells me I have a voice hahaha~ (i will upload a mp3 when i get a chance :3)

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer:

-I LOVE DANCING/SINGING

-This is just what i want to do

-I have no interest in math/study/what so ever... singing/dancing are the only two things i love

-I think i have talent and its what i want to do(again lol)

-I know the life of trainee/celebrity, but if this is what it takes to chase my dream, i will deal with it

oh~ and photos~ :P (they are not exactly the best for applications... but just a general idea of how i look lol~) 

ahhh >.< they are huge TT^TT sorry.... (no make up btw)

heres another 1~(wit out glasses) and no make up 

hehehe more pics~ im actually having fun with this o.o (OMO THIS IS HUGE D: im so sorry) you can totally see my arm tan line... LOL hahah im wearing my SHINee bracelet yes~ im a shawol~ and uhh im wearing eyeliner in this one

Resized to 89% (was 768 x 1024) - Click image to enlarge

im so sorry for the big pictures... = = and eyeliner in this pic :P

[For personal safety and personal issues I've deleted your pictures from this quote]

All and all, I can say that you're what I'd describe as the perfect human being. You're talented in many fields and you're very pretty. Your weight is absolutely fine and no, you wont need to get surgery for your eyes because you have one eyelid. You're very talented in the fields of entertainment but we can't judge your voice without an audio track. Speaking Korean is an absolutely bonus if you want to audition. You seem to be fine for this audition, good luck. 

SM Entertainment as you probably already know, has high standards in the fields of entertainment and they produce very successful artist. The auditions have little to no difference in the expectation levels as you're required to be able to sing and dance pretty well and have the looks to become the future K-Pop Star. If you can dance better than you can sing and vice versa then it's fine. It's a little bit nervous to audition as you know this company is huge. But judging from what your personal profile, you're fine with this audition, you probably have an advantage. 

Good luck and I hope I helped. If you have anymore questions then feel free to ask.

Guest Barack Obama

i kinda have to disagree with the above poster... i mean beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but your type of beauty is not the type of beauty korean people like. koreans like small oval faces, big eyes, tall and pointy nose, etc.. you don't really have that.

i kinda have to disagree with the above poster... i mean beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but your type of beauty is not the type of beauty korean people like. koreans like small oval faces, big eyes, tall and pointy nose, etc.. you don't really have that.

Well not everyone can live up to expectations. Many people wants to look like this or like that, or some people wants you to look like someone else, it's common in life for that to happen, but I believe that you should be proud of what you look like. You don't really have to have all of those features you mentioned above to be accepted, if you have talent and decent looks then the only rrason you don't pass is probably because you didn't practice enough. K-Pop Stars wear makeup, and i swear, they look so perfect with makeup and they all look very pretty/ handsome. So my point is that even if you don't have the features that they want to look for then you should practice a lot and prove to the judges that even though you might not have the looks, but you have the skills. I auditioned for SBS Survival K-pop audition , and so did a lot of other people, I know i don't have double eyelids or an oval face, but that didn't stop me.

Guest vikkisunhahaha

Hey~ hahaha its me again ^^ lol~ uhhh im probably going to do email auditions since i live in SF.. so what happends after the email audition?... they are going to make me go to korea? o.o my parents will KILL & BLOW if i do that(LOL). yeah... so i wana know what happends after the email audition? and I'm a christian, can i still go to church every sunday if i become a trainee?

Hey~ hahaha its me again ^^ lol~ uhhh im probably going to do email auditions since i live in SF.. so what happends after the email audition?... they are going to make me go to korea? o.o my parents will KILL & BLOW if i do that(LOL). yeah... so i wana know what happends after the email audition? and I'm a christian, can i still go to church every sunday if i become a trainee?

If you pass the email auditions they'll probably ask you to go to Korea. I'm not really sure you can go to church every Sunday if you become a trainee. 

Does anyone know if SM still does youtube auditions? Or was that just for the global thing? How does everysing work? :(

The Youtube audition is still on. There should be a link in their channel description on how to audition through Youtube.

Guest smileycenter

If you pass the email auditions they'll probably ask you to go to Korea. I'm not really sure you can go to church every Sunday if you become a trainee. 

The Youtube audition is still on. There should be a link in their channel description on how to audition through Youtube.

Yeah I just haven't figured out how to do it -_-. Was hoping you could give me the details (like what to click and stuff) lol but thanks anyway!

Guest 9hellokitty

I'm asking again! Hey, I haven't audition yet and I plan to do so soon or even next year because I'm still very young!

1) My height is about 164cm and my weight is about 46KG. Is that okay?

2) I heard that now they look for people with equal talent and looks?

3) What kind of dance are they going for? Hip Hop / Ballet ETC.

4) If you use a professional microphone/recorder to sing, is that fine?

5) Is sending by mail a better option than email, do they read emails and mails?

6) How do you send mail (NOT EMAIL) since I want to put my singing + dancing + rapping + acting videos inside? And also they said on the site about SCANNED PICTURES ONLY, what is that and how can I include it as well?

7) What kind of voice are they looking for? (Females)

8) If you can speak fluently English, Chinese and very basic Korean, is that an advantage?

9) If you pass the first round and they want you to go to KOREA/USA ETC. to show them that, that was you inside those clips do you do the exact same thing or different? Is that still counted as First Round or Second Round?

10) How many years maximum do you spend as a trainee nowadays?

Kasahamnida

I'm asking again! Hey, I haven't audition yet and I plan to do so soon or even next year because I'm still very young!

5) Is sending by mail a better option than email, do they read emails and mails?

6) How do you send mail (NOT EMAIL) since I want to put my singing + dancing + rapping + acting videos inside? And also they said on the site about SCANNED PICTURES ONLY, what is that and how can I include it as well?

8) If you can speak fluently English, Chinese and very basic Korean, is that an advantage?

9) If you pass the first round and they want you to go to KOREA/USA ETC. to show them that, that was you inside those clips do you do the exact same thing or different? Is that still counted as First Round or Second Round?

Kasahamnida

Your height and your weight is fine.

That's rare, so if you have at least decent looks and decent talent then it'll work.

If you watch a lot of K-Pop Variety shows, they usually do a lot of Popping and Hip-Hop.

As long as you don't edit your voice then it's fine.

From personally experience, it's rare for them to reply to your mail/email(s) saying if you passed or failed.

You would burn all of those: Singing, Dancing, acting videos, etc. inside a CD and send them the CD in the mail. You would then mail it to their address in Korea. Scanned pictures are pictures that're not edited and are of high quality. 

Sorry for giving a bland answer but, they're looking for a voice that'll make you the next K-Pop Star.

Being able to speak Chinese, English and basic Korean is an advantage.

If you send them an email/mail then it counts as a round. If they ask you to fly to the selected destination you'll have to do something different as they've already seen what you can do in the clip, you would also want to improve. 

That all depends on how fast you learn and your personality towards learning the things you're being taught. 

Hope I helped and good luck.

Guest xeesoban

Kasahamnida

Just to give my opinion on (7) and (10) :

7) There is not specific type of voice that anyone looks for, unless your in a choir or something. Whether you are a soprano or alto, if you train your voice up really well, that is one less reason that they cant accept you for. And also, your voice is not something that can be changed on will? So just love your voice and take good care of your vocal chords they are so important for a singer.

10) Worry on the current stuff, like getting through to the next round of auditions in which ever way you are auditioning. How many years you will spend as a trainee is totally up to the company. Although you get to sign a contract and stuff, they can terminate it any time. So just focus your time and worries on training building up good vocal and dance :)

Goood Luck :)

Archived