Quantcast
_RaiN_

Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

Hey Rain

I'm planning on auditioning maybe next year. I'm 15 right now and I'm not good at dancing but my singing is okay. I think my looks are above average you know with like big eyes, tall nose, small face, etc. But I have acne.

1. Do you think my acne will bring down my chances of passing the audition? That's why I plan on auditioning next year to try to get cleaner skin

2. Does SM really go 80% on looks? I've read it a couple of times but aren't they just rumors? It's not like the people posting are judges or anything. I have more confidence in my face/body than my talent (singing).

3. Is auditioning at 16 too old or a bit of a disadvantage?

4. When school starts, my skins going to turn dark again because I'm an active person who plays like sports and stuff outside. Is it bad to have darker skin with acne? Will they still consider me even though I don't have the milky, white skin?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Rain

I'm planning on auditioning maybe next year. I'm 15 right now and I'm not good at dancing but my singing is okay. I think my looks are above average you know with like big eyes, tall nose, small face, etc. But I have acne.

1. Do you think my acne will bring down my chances of passing the audition? That's why I plan on auditioning next year to try to get cleaner skin

2. Does SM really go 80% on looks? I've read it a couple of times but aren't they just rumors? It's not like the people posting are judges or anything. I have more confidence in my face/body than my talent (singing).

3. Is auditioning at 16 too old or a bit of a disadvantage?

4. When school starts, my skins going to turn dark again because I'm an active person who plays like sports and stuff outside. Is it bad to have darker skin with acne? Will they still consider me even though I don't have the milky, white skin?

Thanks in advance :)

1. as long as it's not too severe i don't really think it'll hinder your chances.

2. uhh, i don't think sm will take you JUST based on looks unless you are completely gorgeous and beautiful. it's not just having the right facial features, it's how they go together that makes you pretty. for example, f(x) sulli has a flat nose but she is still considered very pretty because it matches her face. snsd hyoyeon also has very pretty features but they do not go well together so that's why for a long time she has never been recognized for her beauty. if you post your pictures online i'll tell you if you are pretty enough to make it based on JUST looks since you are depending on your looks. also, what's your ethnicity?

3. i think it's fine but there will always be younger people auditioning.

4. you can get pale very easily so i don't think so.

Will it be bad if your teeth isn't white? have acne? scars? Also, I'm going to korea next year for summer, will i have to know korean if i want to audition there? I'm korean and i went to korean school when i was little for a little while, but had to stop because my parents were really busy..... and so i know only very little korean. i can sing but can't dance... will i need to go have practice? as in like, dance lessons, singing lessons? will they think i'm lazy? because i've never had lessons, my family cant afford them...so help me out here??

I'm a guy just FYI. Uhh I'm not going to post my picture up here just for private reasons. I'm 5'10, 145 lbs and korean-american.

I have a couple other questions too

1. Do I need to gain weight, grow taller, etc?

2. When you audition, do I get to have the song I'm going to sing playing in the background or am I singing it by myself?

3. If I get to have background music and if I'm going to sing multiple songs, do I bring it in one CD or multiple CDs?

4. Does anyone know how many current SM trainees there are?

5. I have braces right now, will they look at that when they consider to take me in as a trainee?

6. How long does an audition usually take?

7. If I pass the first audition, how long will it take for the judges to contact me? Is it through phone or e-mail?

8. Will my husky voice hinder my chances of passing the audition? Or will it benefit me?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all of your information!

Question: I'm not much of a singer or dancer. Do they allow only instrumentalist to audition?

Thanks for all of your information!

Question: I'm not much of a singer or dancer. Do they allow only instrumentalist to audition?

You can't only play an instrument but you can use your instrument to accompany you with whatever you're doing. If you decide to play a song with a guitar in it, then you can bring a guitar.

I'm a guy just FYI. Uhh I'm not going to post my picture up here just for private reasons. I'm 5'10, 145 lbs and korean-american.

I have a couple other questions too

2. When you audition, do I get to have the song I'm going to sing playing in the background or am I singing it by myself?

3. If I get to have background music and if I'm going to sing multiple songs, do I bring it in one CD or multiple CDs?

5. I have braces right now, will they look at that when they consider to take me in as a trainee?

7. If I pass the first audition, how long will it take for the judges to contact me? Is it through phone or e-mail?

8. Will my husky voice hinder my chances of passing the audition? Or will it benefit me?

Thanks in advance.

You should be at least a descent height and weight, it's OK for males to be slightly more fat as they'll need to gain muscle, etc. 

You're going to have to sing it without any backing track. 

You're not allowed to have backing track. If you want to sing multiple songs then you'll just have to memorize the lyrics and sing them without the backing track.

Hmm... I don't think anyone can tell :P 

They look at everything, from your body shape all the way to your personality and respect.

The audition itself is probably at least 5 - 10 minutes, the wait is probably like 1 - 5 hours and the results will take about 2 - 4 months.

If you pass the first round, they'll call you tomorrow if you're really what they want. If not then you'll get a reply within 2- 4 months. They can choose to contact you by phone or e-mail.

It doesn't matter what you have, it's how you use it :D

I hope I helped. 

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions :)

Sorry but I have just a couple more questions :3

I'm planning to go to the LA Weekly Audition.

1. How many people usually show up at a weekly audition in LA?

2. Is the audition done in groups or a 1 on 1 with the recorder/judge?

3. I'm still curious if SM is really mostly judging on looks. I heard that it's 80% looks, 20% talent. But if you pass the first audition, then they focus much more on your talent. Can you confirm this?

4. I also heard that the building is frequently locked? Can you confirm this, because I don't want to waste my parents' gas and go to LA just to find out that they're not holding auditions.

5. So to clarify.. the first two auditions are in LA if I do the weekly audition and the last one is in Korea, then I can become a trainee, right? If I even get that far. So in total, 3 auditions before you become a trainee?

6. Can you possibly become a trainee within two auditions or say.. 5 auditions?

7. How close does the person record you when you audition? Idk how loud I should sing

Thanks in advance

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions :)

Sorry but I have just a couple more questions :3

I'm planning to go to the LA Weekly Audition.

3. I'm still curious if SM is really mostly judging on looks. I heard that it's 80% looks, 20% talent. But if you pass the first audition, then they focus much more on your talent. Can you confirm this?

4. I also heard that the building is frequently locked? Can you confirm this, because I don't want to waste my parents' gas and go to LA just to find out that they're not holding auditions.

5. So to clarify.. the first two auditions are in LA if I do the weekly audition and the last one is in Korea, then I can become a trainee, right? If I even get that far. So in total, 3 auditions before you become a trainee?

7. How close does the person record you when you audition? Idk how loud I should sing

Thanks in advance

Quite a lot of people go to the Weekly Auditions in LA, a tip from me is that the earlier you arrive the shorter your wait becomes.

Auditions are done in groups of 10. They'll call you with something like, "Number 1 - 10 please come here" And you'll be moving to the auditioning hall.

SM Entertainment is very picky on looks and it's probably not 80% looks and 20% Talent now, it's more like 50% Looks and 40 - 49% talent, so if you look descent and have a descent amount of talent then you'd probably be favored (being a suck up is not talent). If you pass the first round of auditions your looks factor start to rise and the skills factor will also rise, so you'd have to improve not by a little, but by a lot every round you pass.

The Weekly auditions are opens every Saturday from 3PM - 6PM. 

There's probably no possible way to get into SM Entertainment within 3 rounds of auditions unless they think that you're the god of their next band, etc. You'd have to go through the least is 5 rounds of audition to get into SM Entertainment, you might even get to the 5th round and you'd fail.

Only if your the most beautiful and the most talented person in our galaxy. 

I'm not sure where the person is recording you from but I'll tell you this, it's better to sing loud then to sing too soft. 

I hope I helped and if you have anymore questions then just ask :D

They play music and you'll just freestyle altogether, you can stand out and be a pro or just not freestyle and be a chicken :D Most people just try even though they know they can't dance. 

Yeah maybe, I wouldn't really be over-confident and I'll still try my best.

1.) Sure, if you're voice is as you said , "Nearly good enough to be as good as the original artist" Then I say go for it, if you can pronounce and sing that good then it'd do nothing but raise your chances. 

2.) You'll probably get 30 seconds max for dancing, but it all depends on the judges: Mood and time.

3.) They can choose to call or email you.

4.) I reckon if you practice that hard everyday, you'll be WAY more than prepared. 

5.) Since you're only 13, your parents will obviously have to sign some paper-works, even if you're 16 your parents will still have to sign some paper-work for you to get into the company. 

6.) The last round will probably be you competing with another person for who gets into the company.

7.) Please don't call it a "slave" contract, that was the old SM, I believe they've changed now. Yes if you pass the auditions you'll have to sign a 5 year contract with them. Your parents signature and your signature are both needed no matter how old you are. 

8.) You don't have to look like SNSD, remember you'll change as you grow older so you'll obviously look very sexy/handsome once you grow older and you go through a lot of their intense training. You'll become a fit sexy/handsome god/goddess yourself :D

9.) SNSD Jessica and SNSD Tiffany didn't know Korean when they joined SM. You'll be enrolled to a international school (one that teaches Korean but speaks ONLY English) and you'll be educated there if you haven't already finished school. 

Btw, don't be surprised that I know so much yet I don't audition. I'm going to audition very soon and I'm the same age as you :D I'm probably even younger, I'm born in December. 

I wish you good luck and I hope I can help you further.

Woah, thanks! Are you going to go to weekly auditions? I'm planning to go...sometime next month.

Woah, thanks! Are you going to go to weekly auditions? I'm planning to go...sometime next month.

It might be surprising for you to hear this but I'm only 13 years of age and I'm currently living in Australia. I'm quite limited to what I can do with the audition so all I can do is help others while praying every night that I would have one opportunity to give it a shot :D

Good luck with your audition and I wish you and the others' who're audition nothing but the best. 

They play music and you'll just freestyle altogether, you can stand out and be a pro or just not freestyle and be a chicken :D Most people just try even though they know they can't dance. 

Thanks for the fast reply! :)

It might be surprising for you to hear this but I'm only 13 years of age and I'm currently living in Australia. I'm quite limited to what I can do with the audition so all I can do is help others while praying every night that I would have one opportunity to give it a shot :D

Good luck with your audition and I wish you and the others' who're audition nothing but the best. 

I'm a little younger than you, actually...

Living in Australia? Well, that kind of sucks. I seriously hope you get your chance one day.

Wow, thanks for doing this, you're really dedicated!

Anyways, when do you think will be the next SM global audition in 2011 (US/Canada)?

Because they skipped it last year -.-

I'm hoping there will be one this year because if they can afford to have one in Kazakhstan, then I think they should be able to have one in Canada!

Wow, thanks for doing this, you're really dedicated!

Anyways, when do you think will be the next SM global audition in 2011 (US/Canada)?

Because they skipped it last year -.-

I'm hoping there will be one this year because if they can afford to have one in Kazakhstan, then I think they should be able to have one in Canada!

Lol, if you haven't already seen the pattern, SM Entertainment moves sort of towards the country that could make them the most money and they'll choose a country to go to which they think has a descent amount of popularity. They can choose to have Global Auditions whenever they want.

okaie..hrmm...will...

what if i wrote my own lyrics and sang it...will that be good? showing that not only i could sing but then i could also write a song??

how many judges will be there??

i'm planning to go to L.A in december around christmas...do you think they'll be open??

so..should i like not wear any make-up, and just go with my natural face?? which i'm not very confident of but i am like 50% only...hrmm

i'm planning to book a hotel at wilshire..isnt that where they hold the sm weekly audition??what times the audition??

i love to sing...my mom/family encourage me but not really cause they said it's gonna be a waste of my money to fly all the way to L.A...wbu?? to me not really!!

i kinda have a LITTLE belly!!!will it be better if i go back to a slim belly like snsd them??

will it be better to have my hair tied up or left down? should i get my bangs out of my face also?

can i bring my keyboard with me??

i'm not korean, but i could sing jang geun suk: what should i do?? will that be good as a audition song? or if i sing it they will think that i'm korean?

will it better if i learn the basic korean words, such as...hello...thank you...good bye??

will the judge talk in english??

can/should i send a video to them first before going intol live audition even if i havent got a reply back???

should i put insole in my shoes?? if so, where do they sell insole at??

is a t-shirt with jeans with flats okaie to audition in??cause i dont wanna look too overdressed or underdressed??

i have a scar on face it's light only but if i dont cover it up with foundation, you could kinda tell...so what should i do??ahh

how long will i have to sing for??the whole song??or till they tell me to stop??

i heard that there was this one trainee, that she quitted cause she was trainee so long and they wouldn't debut her??if that happen to me can that be a problem??

i'm not really scare going to the audition, but i'm just very nervous...like what if they cut me out at the beginning of the song, will that mean i wasnt good??

will sorry for so much question??but thanks for answering the one before...

you know so much about this??were you a trainee?

if i sing, rap, and dance together, is that good???

i'm learning to dance...ahh!!

wellaH...when it's my auditon live time...WISH ME LUCK!!! (:

okaie..hrmm...will...

what if i wrote my own lyrics and sang it...will that be good? showing that not only i could sing but then i could also write a song??

how many judges will be there??

i'm planning to go to L.A in december around christmas...do you think they'll be open??

so..should i like not wear any make-up, and just go with my natural face?? which i'm not very confident of but i am like 50% only...hrmm

i'm planning to book a hotel at wilshire..isnt that where they hold the sm weekly audition??what times the audition??

i love to sing...my mom/family encourage me but not really cause they said it's gonna be a waste of my money to fly all the way to L.A...wbu?? to me not really!!

i kinda have a LITTLE belly!!!will it be better if i go back to a slim belly like snsd them??

will it be better to have my hair tied up or left down? should i get my bangs out of my face also?

can i bring my keyboard with me??

i'm not korean, but i could sing jang geun suk: what should i do?? will that be good as a audition song? or if i sing it they will think that i'm korean?

will it better if i learn the basic korean words, such as...hello...thank you...good bye??

will the judge talk in english??

can/should i send a video to them first before going intol live audition even if i havent got a reply back???

is a t-shirt with jeans with flats okaie to audition in??cause i dont wanna look too overdressed or underdressed??

i have a scar on face it's light only but if i dont cover it up with foundation, you could kinda tell...so what should i do??ahh

how long will i have to sing for??the whole song??or till they tell me to stop??

i heard that there was this one trainee, that she quitted cause she was trainee so long and they wouldn't debut her??if that happen to me can that be a problem??

i'm not really scare going to the audition, but i'm just very nervous...like what if they cut me out at the beginning of the song, will that mean i wasnt good??

i'm learning to dance...ahh!!

what if i wrote my own lyrics and sang it...will that be good? showing that not only i could sing but then i could also write a song?? Yes, if you can write your song then it would do nothing but benefit you :D

how many judges will be there?? There are 3 judges and one cameraman but usually there are 2 judges and a cameraman.

i'm planning to go to L.A in december around christmas...do you think they'll be open?? They'll open every Saturday but they'll close during new years eve and probably Christmas. 

so..should i like not wear any make-up, and just go with my natural face?? which i'm not very confident of but i am like 50% only? It'll be best if you go without any makeup on.

Hmm, you can book a hotel stay if you want to and the auditions open every Saturday.

i love to sing...my mom/family encourage me but not really cause they said it's gonna be a waste of my money to fly all the way to L.A...wbu?? to me not really!! Well, it's good that they encourage you but you have to convince them that the money, effort and time that's going to be spent is going to be worth it and you wouldn't put it to waste.

Well, don't worry about that for now :D You'll get training and all that will be covered once you past, so focus on practicing right now.

You can keep your hair tied up but if you're called to take a picture they'll tel you to pull your bangs out of your face so it's OK to leave it down.

will the judge talk in english?? Lol, of course :D That's why they have auditions in America xD

If you're planning to go to the live weekly auditions then just don't send the video.

Don't worry about that, just wear what you would wear that's comfortable and that's quite fashionable. 

Best to cover up more skin then show more skin. You don't have to wear short shorts to show off your legs for the audition, you can get all of that once you've become an artist. 

Just leave it :D They want natural looks.

You'll start to sing from the chorus and you'll keep singing until they stop you.

i heard that there was this one trainee, that she quitted cause she was trainee so long and they wouldn't debut her??if that happen to me can that be a problem?? Well, obviously it could cause a problem due to the fact that your education can be delayed greatly (if you choose not to go to school) and it could be a waste of time, but I reckon if you choose to go to school and still train then you'll be fine even if they don't debut you as you'll get all the skills to audition again.

i'm not really scare going to the audition, but i'm just very nervous...like what if they cut me out at the beginning of the song, will that mean i wasnt good?? Everyones' nervous when they go to auditions such as this. They wont cut you off unless you're so bad that you're singing tone def and you would start singing from the chorus of the song not the beginning. 

Lol, it's OK, I've posted a record of 60 questions at once and now I've gotten all the knowledge from it I need to help other people :D

You will be very surprised to know how spending just the smallest bit of time into researching can teach you so much.

The more the merrier they always say :D

i'm learning to dance...ahh!! Dancing takes awhile to learn and don't be surprised you don't match up as good as those professionals because you know that they put in like 150% of their time to practicing and they have professionals teaching them stuff. 

Good luck with your auditions and I wish you nothing but the best :D

Can you rate my looks from 1 to 10?

And also the chances of me getting in?

I have won many singing competitions usually in top 5, and I can dance too.

blush.gif

Thanks!