Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

_RaiN_

exodo305 said: Hi I was wondering if it's okay to do a dance cover of Sugar Free by T-ara and email it to SM? Would they hate that I didn't have any individuality. I tried not to pick a song from he company. If I was told to go to the weekly auditions I would love to audition with Exo's Mama//SNSD IGAB.(Btw I'm a girl who's 15) Thank you xD

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CLEOMAZING

Do they check their email?? Cause i resend one to them for the canada audition and i havent gotten a response. I heard that I should just wait a month and if still no answer just apply on the website. A friend of mine who is auditioning applied on the website and she got a response pretty quick, maybe I should apply now on the website? Would it matter if i do it now even though i sent in one via email?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sevenescence_stv

Hi i have LOTS of questions. I rlly hope u can answer them for me :)

1) i am 17 years old this year 98-er. People here think its not realistic to wanna be a kpop star so i am hoping to get a scholarship that will land me in Korea or at least places that hold sm auditions. Know any scholarships to recommend?

2) i look a lot younger than my age thats wat ppl say haha. I am 152cm i think and 35kg (i think thats 76.5lbs?) will this affect me? Im pretty short and small sized dats y often mistaken to be younger. Will this decrease my chances of getting in?

3) my skin isnt exactly dark but it aint milky white either. will this affect my chances?

4) i have a slight hump on my nose tho im constantly pinching my nose to make it disappear. Does that matter?

5) does sm care if i have moles on my face? Taeyeon has a mole but she has an incredibly awesome voice so will sm care about d mole if im not as talented as taeyeon?

6) will they let me know if i need plastic surgery before i sign d contract and if so can i say no to it?

7) my teeth arent crooked to d pt wer dentists ask me to get braces but they arent perfectly straight or white either. If I get accepted, will sm make me wear braces? Im already considered old and braces have to be worn for a long time so i cant debut fast if i wear braces D:

8) i watched yoona audition video and she didnt seem to be rlly talented bk then so can sumone rlly be accepted just based on looks?

9) snsd audition videos look like one on one audition. What audition is dat?or r all auditions done in groups of ten?

10) if u scouted by an sm scout, n does dat increase ur chances or the judges wont know?

11) if i audition for dancing, can i dance to a cd i bring? Im worried i cant just bust impressive moves to a song ive never heard of just like dat.

12) if i audition, should i sing an english or a korean song? Which will increase my chances? im fluent in speaking eng but i can say i pronounce korean lyrics pretty well? Haha ahem. 

13) will my parents need to sign contract even if im 18? If so, will sm pay for their flight to korea?

14) i heard dat there is a ranking of 1-6 for each category during training. Is dat true?

15) im a pretty fast learner. I picked up my Chinese conversational skills because my friends spoke chinese in school. Will i be able to debut early? Will sm tell me if im too old to debut wen the time comes n i still havent debut?

16) will i be given a place to stay?

17) is it true dat trainees cant use phone social media watsoever? will they let me skype with my family?

18) do we get to pick a day off? i woould pick sunday to go to church

19) Im currently not awesome but im a fast learner so i believe i can improve fast if given proper training and coaching.

20) how many rounds of audition do i have to go through if i audition in korea?

21) will there be any interpreter? I can speak basic korean but im worried i cant understand wat d judges say

22)  once in a while i might have acne. will dat decrease my chancrs? is it true dat in cold weather Less chance of acne?

23) i can read hangul and sumtimes write or type but i still need to learn to understand n speak but i think i will be able to pick it up if im in a community dat speaks d language. Does dat increase my chances? :P

24) im.planning to dye my hair but do u think i should leave iit black? to make me look younger and for a more fresh schoolgirl look? xD

25) is it true sm pay for all expenses including studies?

26) will sm allow me to visit my family in malaysia?

27) do they train individually or we get put into groups to train n see if we r good enough to debut?

sry for asking soooo many questions. It would be a great help if u answer them! Thanks a bunch! also how do i insert A pic or vid or audio. Im new to this. Only joined bc of this forum

Hi @sevenescence_stv ! 

It's fine, answering questions is what I like to do! :D 

1) i am 17 years old this year 98-er. People here think its not realistic to wanna be a kpop star so i am hoping to get a scholarship that will land me in Korea or at least places that hold sm auditions. Know any scholarships to recommend?

Not really, I just know about exchange opportunities that are offered in certain universities. 

2) i look a lot younger than my age thats wat ppl say haha. I am 152cm i think and 35kg (i think thats 76.5lbs?) will this affect me? Im pretty short and small sized dats y often mistaken to be younger. Will this decrease my chances of getting in?

There are idols that are pretty much the same height as you, and they're aged around 20+, so it'll be fine ^^.

3) my skin isnt exactly dark but it aint milky white either. will this affect my chances?

Hyorin from Sistar doesn't have milky white skin, and look how she turned out. I think the stereotype "Asian" they are expecting is just too much to be realistic, so as long as they think your face can be sold in media, they'll accept you. 

4) i have a slight hump on my nose tho im constantly pinching my nose to make it disappear. Does that matter?

Well right now it's best if you focus on passing the auditions rather than worry about the small details. But to answer your question, I personally don't see a problem with that, except the Korean companies might not like that, so you'd probably have to undergo surgery or something.  

5) does sm care if i have moles on my face? Taeyeon has a mole but she has an incredibly awesome voice so will sm care about d mole if im not as talented as taeyeon?

Depends how big your mole is, if it's barely noticeable, then I don't see a problem with it. And I repeat my response from the previous question, it's best if you focus on the auditions first. 

6) will they let me know if i need plastic surgery before i sign d contract and if so can i say no to it?

Not sure about that. 

7) my teeth arent crooked to d pt wer dentists ask me to get braces but they arent perfectly straight or white either. If I get accepted, will sm make me wear braces? Im already considered old and braces have to be worn for a long time so i cant debut fast if i wear braces D:

Yeah you'll get everything fixed so you look perfect once you join the company. However, just focus on the auditions first. 

8) i watched yoona audition video and she didnt seem to be rlly talented bk then so can sumone rlly be accepted just based on looks?

I think that was back then, now raw talent sells more than looks, so if you have the talent to compensate, then you're good to go.

9) snsd audition videos look like one on one audition. What audition is dat?or r all auditions done in groups of ten?

Those auditions are probably what you'd experience as well, or maybe different, their audition tapes are a bit outdated, so what you experience now may be different. However the most likely scenario is that you'll go into a room with 10 other applicants and audition right in front of the judge when it's your turn. 

10) if u scouted by an sm scout, n does dat increase ur chances or the judges wont know?

You'll probably have to go through an audition either way. If you get scouted it just means they like what they see, because you can't really judge a person is capable of doing just by looking at them. 

11) if i audition for dancing, can i dance to a cd i bring? Im worried i cant just bust impressive moves to a song ive never heard of just like dat.

I've heard that you can, but most likely they wont let you use your own CD because they have hundreds of applicants to review, so they might just play their own music. I recommend practicing freestyle dancing because it'll benefit you greatly. 

12) if i audition, should i sing an english or a korean song? Which will increase my chances? im fluent in speaking eng but i can say i pronounce korean lyrics pretty well? Haha ahem. 

It's best if you choose to sing a song in English because I don't really think they'd sympathize with you just because you tried to sing in Korean, however they might if your Korean is near perfect and you're not actually Korean. 

13) will my parents need to sign contract even if im 18? If so, will sm pay for their flight to korea?

Yes they'll probably need to sign a contract, because they're technically buying you to use you, so you need your parents permission, and no, they will not pay for their airline tickets. 

14) i heard dat there is a ranking of 1-6 for each category during training. Is dat true?

I have never ever read anything like that before so I can't answer that question. 

15) im a pretty fast learner. I picked up my Chinese conversational skills because my friends spoke chinese in school. Will i be able to debut early? Will sm tell me if im too old to debut wen the time comes n i still havent debut?

Not too sure about that. Learning fast is always a good thing, but it does not guarantee that you'll debut early.

16) will i be given a place to stay?

Yes, you'll most likely be living with other trainees in dormitories. Don't expect 5 star luxury treatment, instead expect small rooms with a lot of people. 

17) is it true dat trainees cant use phone social media watsoever? will they let me skype with my family?

They're all distractions, because you're still 17, they expect you to go to school and cope with all of the training. Therefore you have to go to training for most of your day, and somehow cram homework in, your school wont accept you not doing homework just because you're a trainee. 

18) do we get to pick a day off? i woould pick sunday to go to church

If you sign the contract, you're company property, so they decide what you do. You'll most likely have an extremely busy schedule because of school as well as training. 

19) Im currently not awesome but im a fast learner so i believe i can improve fast if given proper training and coaching.

This isn't a question, it's a statement :P 

20) how many rounds of audition do i have to go through if i audition in korea?

No idea.

21) will there be any interpreter? I can speak basic korean but im worried i cant understand wat d judges say

I think if you go to Korea, they're expecting you to speak fluent Korean, if not, you should attend an audition that's not in Korea. 

22)  once in a while i might have acne. will dat decrease my chancrs? is it true dat in cold weather Less chance of acne?

I'm not really sure about the acne thing, never really been asked this question before :P And I think you can research about the cold weather thing ahaha

23) i can read hangul and sumtimes write or type but i still need to learn to understand n speak but i think i will be able to pick it up if im in a community dat speaks d language. Does dat increase my chances? 

You're worrying too much about everything, focus on getting to the audition first, and focus on passing them. Being able to speak Korean will benefit you, but not to the point where they will pick you over other applicants.

24) im.planning to dye my hair but do u think i should leave iit black? to make me look younger and for a more fresh schoolgirl look? xD

It's best if you go into the audition with your natural hair colour, because the judges will envision your face with changes that the company might have you undergo, so if you have a natural face, they can see what they can work with. 

25) is it true sm pay for all expenses including studies?

Once again, worry about passing the auditions before these things. However, if you do pass, yes, SM Entertainment will fund for everything. 

26) will sm allow me to visit my family in malaysia?

Not really sure about, but you'll probably be extremely busy with school, and training. 

27) do they train individually or we get put into groups to train n see if we r good enough to debut?

I think you'll be put into groups, having private training seems a bit too expensive. 

I noticed you asked quite a lot of questions in regards to your looks, what happens after the audition, and what can increase your chances, the best advice I can give is that you don't worry about these things, and just give it your all with your audition, because I personally believe that the judges will enjoy to see a person who has room to improve and posses the potential to do so, rather than someone who's trying their best to act like they 're perfect in every way. 

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask! 

_RaiN_ 

Guest sevenescence_stv

Ahahahaha thx for answers ^^ i actuallywanted to know wat to expect if i chose to go for it. Dats y i asked so many questions XD thanks a lot :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest valelie

Hi  i did the audition i didnt read about this well i think no passed because they ddnt send me a a message well thats ok but that was last year and this year they Send me a message and it say that their going to Canada and they hope see me in there... Thats weird i didnt send a  message to them and i did the audition in Ny 

Guest blue_velvet_stv

Hi  i did the audition i didnt read about this well i think no passed because they ddnt send me a a message well thats ok but that was last year and this year they Send me a message and it say that their going to Canada and they hope see me in there... Thats weird i didnt send a  message to them and i did the audition in Ny 

I actually made an account just to ask this question too lol. I auditioned last year and I never got that e-mail when I auditioned then, I only received the confirmation e-mail. This year when I applied they sent me a confirmation e-mail and then a month later they sent me that e-mail saying they were having auditions in Canada and they hope I come and participate. I was wondering if it was like an invite from them or something? Coz when I auditioned last year, the girl in my audition group said she saw the judge writing something while I was singing. I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes or anything but I'm really confused and curious lol plus I can't actually go to auditions this year coz I'll be away on vacation when they're here in Canada so if it WAS an invite I was planning on staying and auditioning. Could someone tell me what it might mean plsss?

@valelie and blue_velvet_stv:  I actually got this email too.  the same thing with blue_velvet_stv happened with me -- i auditioned last year but did not hear back from them, but unlike blue_velvet_stv I'm not sure if the judges wrote down anything.  i didn't apply at all this year, but received this email from them.  idk, maybe it's just an ad saying that they have auditions in canada?  lol honestly, i kind of doubt it's an actual invite since i'm quite old, being a twentysomething.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! If anybody can possibly help me out with this question or i can possibly carpool with (i know i was tought to never drive with strangers but this is differnt to me cause its people going to attend the same place and i would pay for gas) that would be great! ^^ I just arrived by plane today from the us to attend the Toronto audition ( i flyed here alone so its very nerve racking and my parents were very hesitant about it but do trust me) what is the best way to get from carlingview drive to leslie street the building where audition is being held then back again (round trip )? Please help! I know to some peoplewho are gonna read this that it seems ridiculous to go this length for a measly audition but its very important to me and i know to others as well.

Guest Sanjalim

I am from Sri Lanka and I am burgher mix? Will it affect the audition? And please tell me whether I have to  both dance and sing when auditioning or could I choose one.

Hi @Sanjalim !  

I don't think it'll affect you that much during the audition, just focus on training your best. In regards to dancing and singing, yes, you might have to do both, so be prepared. 

_RaiN_ 

• 1 month later...
Guest limy_yoj

okay so i have a lot of questions. lol (SM entertainment)

1) when you are just auditioning from america and fly over to korea, what should you bring? Should you just bring some of the stuff from your room as in extra clothes,, a toothbrush and other stuff like that and leave everything else back at home? 

2) When you are a trainee, do you fly back to America and bring everything else at home then bring it back to Korea?

3) My friend wants to know if she needs a talent agent but i told her no. Am i wrong or was i right?

4) How do I know I am a trainee? How will they tell me?

5) After the audition, we have to go back to America and wait for the answer or do we have to wait til we get the answer and then fly back home?

6) What will they do to make me lose weight because i am kind of overweight.

7) For kent international, how far is it from the training or dorm area? Do we walk or do have to take the bus and walk?

8) And lastly, what do you do there for training, what is the environment like, what are some of the things that they don't pay for?

Actually this is the last question. Hahahaha. Sorry.

9) Do they only pay for the plane ticket if you are foreigner and are flying back to Korea because you are now a trainee? 

Edit: What should I sing? I have the ability to compose my own songs on the spot as in the lyrics so should i do that or should i just sing an actual song because I heard sm is based off of 80% looks and 20% talent.

• 1 year later...

Hey, I've got a few questions.

1. My ethnicity is half Korean, 1/4 Indian, 1/4 Chinese. My dad is Indian Chinese however he's more on the Indian side and doesn't known much about his Chinese part (His mum died when he was 8). My mum is Korean but she doesn't know Korean. Is my ethnicity alright?

2.My height is 162 cm. Is that alright?

3. My weight is 47kg. Is that too much? I'm skinny but my weight is just high.

4. I've got the Yoona look. Does that help? How do i add a picture to show my photo?

5. I can sing, i'm not perfect. Probably something like suzy and yoona.

6.I can dance. I used to be in a group. I did it for 3 years. I CAN'T FREESTYLE...but i can;t with my hands.
BTW my skin color is not milky white. I've got more of a yellowish color. In the cold my skin color goes really pale and veins on my nose can be seen. And i can't speak korean or know anything about the culture. 

What are my chances if i audition?

안녕!

I know this thread was posted 5 years ago but I have one question [That is if you haven't answered yet].

What should I do to convince my parents to let me Audition for SM [Since my parents won't let me go far from home]

Please answer. 감사합니다!

On 12/22/2016 at 9:57 AM, raebassi2000 said:

Hey, I've got a few questions.

1. My ethnicity is half Korean, 1/4 Indian, 1/4 Chinese. My dad is Indian Chinese however he's more on the Indian side and doesn't known much about his Chinese part (His mum died when he was 8). My mum is Korean but she doesn't know Korean. Is my ethnicity alright?

2.My height is 162 cm. Is that alright?

3. My weight is 47kg. Is that too much? I'm skinny but my weight is just high.

4. I've got the Yoona look. Does that help? How do i add a picture to show my photo?

5. I can sing, i'm not perfect. Probably something like suzy and yoona.

6.I can dance. I used to be in a group. I did it for 3 years. I CAN'T FREESTYLE...but i can;t with my hands.
BTW my skin color is not milky white. I've got more of a yellowish color. In the cold my skin color goes really pale and veins on my nose can be seen. And i can't speak korean or know anything about the culture. 

What are my chances if i audition?

I may not be the person your looking for to answer this but I hope I can still help ^^

A. I would say since you are Half Korean that your ethnicity is alright. After all your still mostly of Asian ethnicity.

B. Most Kpop idols are tall so I would say your height is fine.

C. I say your alright for your weight so nothing to worry about 

D. Well if you look like Yoona then you have the looks part covered. Also to add a picture all you have to do is click on Insert other media  and click on add attachment.

E. Well if your singing is good they can still help you improve

F. If you do manage to pass they'll teach you how to speak Korean and teach you about the culture [It's good if you know a little bit of Korean like Hello, Goodbye, Etc..] [I'm also learning Korean so I can help if you want]

In all I would say you'd have a pretty good chance at the audition and that you'll be fine as long as you have determination

On 8/31/2015 at 10:18 PM, limy_yoj said:

okay so i have a lot of questions. lol (SM entertainment)

1) when you are just auditioning from america and fly over to korea, what should you bring? Should you just bring some of the stuff from your room as in extra clothes,, a toothbrush and other stuff like that and leave everything else back at home? 

2) When you are a trainee, do you fly back to America and bring everything else at home then bring it back to Korea?

3) My friend wants to know if she needs a talent agent but i told her no. Am i wrong or was i right?

4) How do I know I am a trainee? How will they tell me?

5) After the audition, we have to go back to America and wait for the answer or do we have to wait til we get the answer and then fly back home?

6) What will they do to make me lose weight because i am kind of overweight.

7) For kent international, how far is it from the training or dorm area? Do we walk or do have to take the bus and walk?

8) And lastly, what do you do there for training, what is the environment like, what are some of the things that they don't pay for?

Actually this is the last question. Hahahaha. Sorry.

9) Do they only pay for the plane ticket if you are foreigner and are flying back to Korea because you are now a trainee? 

Edit: What should I sing? I have the ability to compose my own songs on the spot as in the lyrics so should i do that or should i just sing an actual song because I heard sm is based off of 80% looks and 20% talent.

A. Bring things that will be necessary, like a week full of clothes. Also other important thing's you may need to survive. Don't pack too much. They will give you $22 US Dollars to but things every week.

B. When you become a trainee [Depending on where you audition] If you audition in America you will have to bring necessary item's that you ABSOLUTELY need after that your life will now be in Korea so you can't go back. I believe only once a year to see your family.

C. Your right. You don't need a talent agent. All you need is yourself.

D. They will either tell you personally or call to let you know [Maybe Email]. Remember. If you don't become a trainee you will not be contacted.

E. You would probably stay were you are and they will let you know their [Also depending on were you audition]

F. Depending on how much you way and what you mean by "Overweight" [Also depends on the Company]. You will either have to exercise a WHOLE LOT or go on a water diet. If you don't know what that is, it's literally just drinking water. No food. Just water. Only water.

G. You will walk then take the bus then walk again.

H. wake up somewhere around 7. Go to school till 3 in the afternoon. After that you will have Singing, dancing, and language classes and all of that normally last till 10 or 11 at night. That will be EVERYDAY. Except Sunday's. Those are days off. Depending on how you spend it is up to you. As for the Environment... It's normally friendly that is until the exams roll in every 2 weeks to see how much you improved. THEN it's competition for real. Also SM normally pay for everything so you'll be fine.

I. I heard they do and Iv'e also heard they don't depending on how many people actually pass the audition. Just in case, save some money up.

J. It's best to sing a song but you can sing your own song if you want.

I hope I answered most of your Questions and if you already auditioned. How'd it go?

On 25/12/2016 at 1:17 PM, loniclol said:

안녕!

I know this thread was posted 5 years ago but I have one question [That is if you haven't answered yet].

What should I do to convince my parents to let me Audition for SM [Since my parents won't let me go far from home]

Please answer. 감사합니다!

Hi @loniclol, I just came back to this forum today to relieve my childhood dreams of becoming a K-pop idol.

It's good to see that people still have dreams about the idol career! I'm here, back and refreshed to answer your questions.

QWhat should I do to convince my parents to let me Audition for SM [Since my parents won't let me go far from home]

AI have answered this question previously, but it seems to be one of the biggest questions that continuously pops up. To keep it simple, it's hard to convince your parents to allow their child/children to travel alone to a foreign country just to audition, I understand it may be difficult, but for me, what worked was that I waited until I graduated from High School, and then successfully enrolled into the University (or if you prefer to call it, College) to study the course that I wanted. Having done all of this I've proved to my parents that I'm capable of living independently, and have the ability to take care of myself, and fulfil my goals. So in short, it may hurt you to read it, but it's crucial that you don't argue with your parents, or don't have a tantrum about it, because your parents only want what's best for you, which is a stable, and more safe job/career to pursue. You must be patient, and when the time comes, you'll have the opportunity to make independent decisions. 

Good luck with your audition, and I hope to see you on the big-stage one day! :D

_RaiN_

On 12/27/2016 at 0:58 AM, _RaiN_ said:

Hi @loniclol, I just came back to this forum today to relieve my childhood dreams of becoming a K-pop idol.

It's good to see that people still have dreams about the idol career! I'm here, back and refreshed to answer your questions.

QWhat should I do to convince my parents to let me Audition for SM [Since my parents won't let me go far from home]

AI have answered this question previously, but it seems to be one of the biggest questions that continuously pops up. To keep it simple, it's hard to convince your parents to allow their child/children to travel alone to a foreign country just to audition, I understand it may be difficult, but for me, what worked was that I waited until I graduated from High School, and then successfully enrolled into the University (or if you prefer to call it, College) to study the course that I wanted. Having done all of this I've proved to my parents that I'm capable of living independently, and have the ability to take care of myself, and fulfil my goals. So in short, it may hurt you to read it, but it's crucial that you don't argue with your parents, or don't have a tantrum about it, because your parents only want what's best for you, which is a stable, and more safe job/career to pursue. You must be patient, and when the time comes, you'll have the opportunity to make independent decisions. 

Good luck with your audition, and I hope to see you on the big-stage one day! :D

_RaiN_

Thank you for answering. I really appreciate it ^^

If you don't mind, can I ask you a couple more questions? I'm sorry if you already answered them but the forum is really long :sweatingbullets:

Um...right. What I wanted to ask was...

1. I'm American-Latina so, I have bronze colored skin [Kinda like Kai] I'm aware if I do make it, they'll make me whiten it, which I have no problem with at all... My friends and even family say I look a bit Asian [I don't see it though]. So even though I'm Latina, will me looking [Apparently somewhat] Asian give me a slight better chance at passing. Even by 2%...haha

2. The languages I know are English, Spanish, and a bit of Korean [The basics, to get along the road]. Will that help me slightly?

3. As for my singing, most people and my family [Including strangers] told me I sang really good [Once my music teacher said that it was more of a fact then opinion...]. Though I'm really shy and I know I'll probably mess up. So will it be okay to audition online? But wouldn't I have to audition in person one day? So how can I get rid of my stage freight and shyness [It makes me look rude].

4. Let's say I do make it. So my parents have to sign the contract, the only problem is [Even if they send the contract in English] my parent's only understand Spanish. Will they give me one in Spanish or will I have to translate for them?

5. How many song should I have prepared, just in case their interested? Will 2 English songs, 2 Korean songs work? [Of course with correct pronunciation]

6. And lastly would you give me some advice. Like things to do and not to do during the audition or when [IF] I become a trainee?

Thank you for sticking so long. I believe that's all my questions!

3 hours ago, loniclol said:

Thank you for answering. I really appreciate it ^^

If you don't mind, can I ask you a couple more questions? I'm sorry if you already answered them but the forum is really long :sweatingbullets:

Um...right. What I wanted to ask was...

1. I'm American-Latina so, I have bronze colored skin [Kinda like Kai] I'm aware if I do make it, they'll make me whiten it, which I have no problem with at all... My friends and even family say I look a bit Asian [I don't see it though]. So even though I'm Latina, will me looking [Apparently somewhat] Asian give me a slight better chance at passing. Even by 2%...haha

2. The languages I know are English, Spanish, and a bit of Korean [The basics, to get along the road]. Will that help me slightly?

3. As for my singing, most people and my family [Including strangers] told me I sang really good [Once my music teacher said that it was more of a fact then opinion...]. Though I'm really shy and I know I'll probably mess up. So will it be okay to audition online? But wouldn't I have to audition in person one day? So how can I get rid of my stage freight and shyness [It makes me look rude].

4. Let's say I do make it. So my parents have to sign the contract, the only problem is [Even if they send the contract in English] my parent's only understand Spanish. Will they give me one in Spanish or will I have to translate for them?

5. How many song should I have prepared, just in case their interested? Will 2 English songs, 2 Korean songs work? [Of course with correct pronunciation]

6. And lastly would you give me some advice. Like things to do and not to do during the audition or when [IF] I become a trainee?

Thank you for sticking so long. I believe that's all my questions!

You definitely can ask more questions @loniclol

A: Yes, the truth is, looking Asian does help a lot more than not looking Asian at all. In regards to skin colour, I'm sure using beauty products  such as BB cream. and the fact that they'll keep you indoors for most of the training time, will inevitably yield results of natural skin whitening. 

A: Think about languages this way, yes, languages are forms of communication, but through a business point-of-view, being bilingual, or multilingual, etc. is also seen as a gateway of opening up potential areas in which the company can promote in. For example, Lisa from Blackpink, and Nichkun from 2PM are both fluent in Thai, therefore they can potential promote in Thailand if the company believes that holding a concert/event there would be profitable. It also opens up the idol group/idol themselves to having more international fans.

A: You definitely will have to audition in-person no matter what. In regards to stage-freight, I believe that exposing yourself to that kind of environment will really help you relieve yourself of that fear, for example, sing in front of your parents, but pretend that they're the judges for your audition, call a bunch of friends and sing for them, or go to a crowded park, sit on the swing and just start singing by yourself. Think about it this way, if you don't overcome the stage-freight, how will you ever be able to perform if you do pass? 

A: I say you wont have to worry about these details, because your sole focus right now is to audition. Post audition/passing dilemmas comes way after all the tedious auditioning process. However, I'm pretty sure your parents are only required to sign the contract if you're below the age of 18, if you're over the age of 18, you're free to sign it and make the decision yourself, because you're considered to be of legal age. 

A: 2 songs in English and Korean would be more than enough. Remember the saying, "Quality over quantity", so although it's beneficial to go to the auditions prepared, it'll work more towards in your favour, if you can sing, let's say, 2 songs in English extremely well, rather than preparing 4 songs which you are only average in. 

A: Things to be careful of during the audition, is over-exaggerate the results of it, this seems to be the most common problem. If  you don't make it, it's not the end of the world, if you do make it, you're not a God who's walking amongst humans. Treat the audition in a fun manner, and most important, and unforgettable experience which you can use to improve-upon yourself with. Of course the other, cliche, advice that you've probably heard/read a million times are really the only ones you need: Have fun, don't be nervous, be you, and perform like to them like you would if you were already an idol. In regards to the do's and don'ts of a trainee, I'm sure the company will tell you all about that if you make it.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask! And good luck with your auditioning endeavours! 

_RaiN_

Archived