Quantcast
_RaiN_

Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

^From WIki

S.M. Entertainment is an independent Korean record label, talent agency, producer, and publisher of K-pop, founded by Lee Soo-man in South Korea. Initially, "SM" was an abbreviation of the agency founder's name, but now stands for "Star Museum".

LOL! OK, I guess I was wrong? But at least I was right about the Lee Soo-man finding the company. I guess it did stand for Star Museum but I herd it was Soo Man xD My bad.

Guest bearkuma

hi! i have a question..

for example i want to be an idol that can sing and dance (like 4minute, wonder girls, etc) what category should i choose? sing? dance? or both?

i'll audition, is it okay if i'll pass a vid of mine doing a cover of a certain kpop group?

when they want or asks for more vid is it okay if it's still a cover but another song?

when i audition in front of SM staffs, i mean actual audition, do i need to make my own dance (freestyle) or is it still okay if cover?

sorry if i have many questions, i'm still new in auditioning stuffs.. waaa >..<

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

hi! i have a question..

for example i want to be an idol that can sing and dance (like 4minute, wonder girls, etc) what category should i choose? sing? dance? or both?

i'll audition, is it okay if i'll pass a vid of mine doing a cover of a certain kpop group?

when they want or asks for more vid is it okay if it's still a cover but another song?

when i audition in front of SM staffs, i mean actual audition, do i need to make my own dance (freestyle) or is it still okay if cover?

sorry if i have many questions, i'm still new in auditioning stuffs.. waaa >..<

You should audition for both singing and dancing...Also DO NOT do a cover of a Kpopd ance. Alot of Kpop entertainment companies think that doing a Wonder Girls Tell ME Dance is just a cop out for most people who can't dance. I've seen people who do Kpop dance covers like the GEE dance of SNSD at the SM Entertainment Auditions thinking the judges will like it and it's quite the contrary. They will cut you off and ask you if you have more of a freestyle or original dance routine to the song. They expect a much more harder and complicated dance routines if you audition for dancing.

And Like I said before DO NOT do a Kpop cover! They want to see something original and not just a rehashed dance routine of SNSD"s leg Genie Dance.

You should audition for both singing and dancing...Also DO NOT do a cover of a Kpopd ance. Alot of Kpop entertainment companies think that doing a Wonder Girls Tell ME Dance is just a cop out for most people who can't dance. I've seen people who do Kpop dance covers like the GEE dance of SNSD at the SM Entertainment Auditions thinking the judges will like it and it's quite the contrary. They will cut you off and ask you if you have more of a freestyle or original dance routine to the song. They expect a much more harder and complicated dance routines if you audition for dancing.

And Like I said before DO NOT do a Kpop cover! They want to see something original and not just a rehashed dance routine of SNSD"s leg Genie Dance.

I kind of disagree towards that but only to the bit when you said choose both singing and dancing.

I reckon that you should choose the category which you are more comfortable and have more experience in, that way you can be 

relaxed and you can audition without stress. 

Like MyNameIs_Luka said, don't do a dance cover for a KPOP star as it's going to get you no where.

If you do choose dance it's required that you freestyle.

oohh! haha! know i now! but i was actually thinking of harder dance steps like 4minute's muzik, huh, etc. but like you said i shouldn't do it. :)

waa! freestyle! i still don't have a routine XD

btw, thank you so much again for replying~ :D

No problem! We're here to help :D

And it's finally good to meet someone who's planning to choose dance as an audition category. Freestyle is not that hard, you just have to basically sow the moves together with the music. Obviously if you want to freestyle you have to know the music first and recognize the beat from start to finish. The only reason SM Ent. is making you freestyle is so they can see the following points:

1. How fast you can pick up the beat.

2. How smooth can you transition between dance moves.

3. What your level of dancing experience is.

Good luck dancing :D And practice hard! (Truthfully you can't really practice if you don't know what the song is :P)

really? mostly they would choose sing as their category?

waa! i really don't have experience in freestyle! i don't know how to start! lol! from scratch XD

btw, do you also know some info on JYP Ent? is there audition still open? or when is the deadline? i asked in their forums but no one is replying :(

Freestyling is as you said, you start from scratch! You have to feel the music, trust me if you don't feel it your freestyle will have no power and you're body would just limp and give up after like 10 seconds it's happened to me before. The only way to get good at freestyling is if you practice to a lot different songs of different genres so you can pick up the beat easily for most to all genres.

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with JYP Ent. but I know this is what JYP is looking for in people who're auditioning.

Ability to Dance > Singing ability > Looks 

So basically JYP is looking for more of a dancer who can sing.

Good luck audition and I hope you make it into SM! If you do, tell SNSD and F(x) that I love them :D

Guest dbsk_x3

I've read that when you're auditioning, you should start off with the chorus. But I'm auditioning but email, so do I just sing from the start?

And if I auditioned live (weekly auditions), since it's a one-on-one audition unlike the global auditions, should I still sing from the chorus? Cause apparently they aren't so rushed with things compared to the global auditions so I'm uncertain whether they will cut me off or not.

Also, I'm having trouble sending the file because the video is so big. Am I allowed to upload it to YouTube and send them the link?

I've read that when you're auditioning, you should start off with the chorus. But I'm auditioning but email, so do I just sing from the start?

And if I auditioned live (weekly auditions), since it's a one-on-one audition unlike the global auditions, should I still sing from the chorus? Cause apparently they aren't so rushed with things compared to the global auditions so I'm uncertain whether they will cut me off or not.

Also, I'm having trouble sending the file because the video is so big. Am I allowed to upload it to YouTube and send them the link?

I'm here to answer your questions :D 

If you're auditioning for Email you'd still do the same thing as you'd do with the Weekly or Live auditions, and that means that it's best to still sing from the Chorus, or you can sing from the start, because from all the practice videos I've seen on Youtube, they've sung from the start to finish. 

If you're using hotmail you can send it as an online file. If you want to send it through Youtube you'd post a video response. 

Good luck and have fun auditioning! :D

Guest simply_m

hrmm...do you have to be a certain height? ...i'm short but i have a pretty nice voice...i wanna get into sm but again idk it be kinda of a challenge right? expectually when my height level isnt as tall as any other korean idol...i love singing but then again i think i might be too old...i'm gonna be 19 soon ):

only if i knew bout k-pop like sooner maybe...but nope..hrmm...

do you have to be a certain weight?

do you have to sing a korean song on the 2nd and 3rd round?or do they expect you to? what bout the 1st round? korean or english..hrmm

i cant really dance only clubbing dance...so since i cant dance will they not even bother to pick me for 2nd round.

is it better to send a video through mail or e-mail. cause they only send auto message if you send it thru e-mail.

will live audition actually be a better choice in actually getting into 2nd round.

so is it like this...the  first time you walk in the audition room and audition is your 1st round or is it that when they pick you to the next round is your 1st round. i'm confused on how this work...

idk if i'm pretty but yeh you guys(ppl) judge me ;b

what are the expectation sm want??

the thing i dont understand is that on the website it said no cam picture only scann picture? like i dont get it...dont you have to take picture from a cam to get the picture?

if i do make it...they wont ask my parents right since i'm already an adult??

will they make me give up my u.s citizenship??

after auditioning in person, how long will it take for them to get back at you, cause idk i read that if they like you they tell you to stay after everyone leave...i dont get it...

what about auditioning thru e-mail/mail? how long to reply?

how long are training years???

can i have a stage name??? or do i have to have one?

for some reason i know that ppl say that your recorded voice is your actuall voice but then i sound different in person and when recording ( my friend's uncle who has a studio like for fun also say tht to me)

since i'm short, should i wear heels on my audition? and if i do make it...do i have to always wear heel to look taller?

is it better to send it more than once cause i heard that someone did and he/she made it to trainee....

recommend me some song please...i'm used to ballad but is willing to try other??

if you make it...does your whole life get controll and rely on them???

what picture should i send in? just my face or what???

BE HONEST TO ME PLEASE!!!!

THANK YOU!!!! <3

hrmm...do you have to be a certain height? ...i'm short but i have a pretty nice voice...i wanna get into sm but again idk it be kinda of a challenge right? expectually when my height level isnt as tall as any other korean idol...i love singing but then again i think i might be too old...i'm gonna be 19 soon ):

only if i knew bout k-pop like sooner maybe...but nope..hrmm...

do you have to be a certain weight?

do you have to sing a korean song on the 2nd and 3rd round?or do they expect you to? what bout the 1st round? korean or english..hrmm

i cant really dance only clubbing dance...so since i cant dance will they not even bother to pick me for 2nd round.

is it better to send a video through mail or e-mail. cause they only send auto message if you send it thru e-mail.

will live audition actually be a better choice in actually getting into 2nd round.

so is it like this...the  first time you walk in the audition room and audition is your 1st round or is it that when they pick you to the next round is your 1st round. i'm confused on how this work...

idk if i'm pretty but yeh you guys(ppl) judge me ;b

what are the expectation sm want??

the thing i dont understand is that on the website it said no cam picture only scann picture? like i dont get it...dont you have to take picture from a cam to get the picture?

if i do make it...they wont ask my parents right since i'm already an adult??

will they make me give up my u.s citizenship??

after auditioning in person, how long will it take for them to get back at you, cause idk i read that if they like you they tell you to stay after everyone leave...i dont get it...

what about auditioning thru e-mail/mail? how long to reply?

how long are training years???

can i have a stage name??? or do i have to have one?

for some reason i know that ppl say that your recorded voice is your actuall voice but then i sound different in person and when recording ( my friend's uncle who has a studio like for fun also say tht to me)

since i'm short, should i wear heels on my audition? and if i do make it...do i have to always wear heel to look taller?

is it better to send it more than once cause i heard that someone did and he/she made it to trainee....

recommend me some song please...i'm used to ballad but is willing to try other??

if you make it...does your whole life get controll and rely on them???

what picture should i send in? just my face or what???

BE HONEST TO ME PLEASE!!!!

THANK YOU!!!! <3

Here are the answer to your questions.

Do I have to be a certain Height?

No, you don't need to be a certain height to join SM, cause that'd just be discriminating, and to prove my fact is Sunny from SNSD she's only 155cm. Btw, in Korea, you're always 1 year older than your current age so you'll be 20 in Korea if you're turning 19.

Do I have to be a certain weight?

You have to be quite skinny if you're a girl, that way you'd have an S line or something that makes you look very sexy. They'd probably still let you train and you'd be really fit, so it's OK to be quite chubby, just make sure you're not obese. From the look of your picture I reckon you're more than skinny enough.

Do you have to sing a korean song on the 2nd and 3rd round?or do they expect you to? what bout the 1st round? Korean or English?

Best if you prepare at least 3 songs, 1 Korean and 2 English, it can also be vice verse if you please. I recommend singing a Korean song (or two) if you're Korean or can speak, understand fluent Korean. They don't expect you to sing a song, cause then that'd just be creepy, the judges don't have psychic powers so it doesn't matter what song you sing. The first round, just prepare 2 - 3 songs (Doesn't matter what language, like I said before, only Korean if you can speak it and understand it fluently as it'll help a lot) and just skip to the chorus so you can capture the judges attention. If you pass the first round of auditions you'd have to repeat the process except the only difference is that you'd be competing with the people who passed the first round as well and you'd have to pick a different song to sing.

I can't really dance, so will they not bother picking me for the second round?

No, if you can't dance and you can sing then your singing will fill the gap for your dancing. Once you get accepted they'll teach you everything so it's OK if you don't know how to do something.

So how does the first and the next few rounds of auditions work?

So, the auditions will work the same whether or not you audition by e-mail or by going to the global or the weekly auditions. So if you'd audition through the weekly audition here are the steps:

1.) You'd go to the place where the audition building is set (Depends on where you live).

2.) Once you arrive, you'd have to fill out a sort of form regarding information about yourself, etc., etc.

3.) After filling in the form they'd give you a number and you'll have to wait.

4.) Once your number is called, you'd moves in groups of ten. So example if you you're number 1 then you'd move in like, number 1 - 10.

5.) You'll stand in line in order from the number size order so you'll be in order like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 And the smallest number will go first, and it'll move on. You'd be doing your stuff and once you're done you'd just move back in line and wait for everyone to finish.

6.) After that the judges will greet you farewell or you'll have a rhythm test. A rhythm test is the judges playing a random music and you'll have to freestyle to it for at least 30 seconds.

7.) Once you're done with that, then you'd just leave until the judges call you to stay behind. If you're called to stay behind, they'll take pictures of you and you'll have to answer some questions while you're being recorded with a camera.

If you audition by e-mail it's just the same thing except they'll give you a reply e-mail or a phone-call regarding the location and the time for your next live audition.

Do I look pretty? :D

Yes, from your picture, you're very pretty :D

What does SM Entertainment expect from us?

SM Entertainment are looking for what people might call. "The perfect human being" Don't let that scare you as no one in the world is perfect nor are there anyone in the world even close to being perfect. They're looking for the following things from the person they would want to accept into the company:

1.) Pale Skin

2.) White Teeth

3.) Double Eye-lids

4.) Small lips

5.) Flawless skin (no scars, wounds, pimples, etc.)

7.) Youth (Or if you don't know what that means it means young.)

And obviously the ability to either sing good or dance good, act good, etc., etc. Beside's those points, they can literally picture you being famous and the fans, if they can't picture you with lots and lots of fans to make money, then sorry.

What does "no camera pictures and only scan photos" mean?

It means, that you can't take pictures with your webcam or a camera that has a very bad quality picture. The photo cannot be edited and it must be a photo that is yourself and not with your friends where you have scribbling edits all over it. So basically a photo very similar to your passport photo.

If I do make it, will they still ask my parents? Because I'm an adult now.

This is a good question, I still think they'd ask your parents for the final decision, because it requires a parent(s) signature to let them take you and train you or else it be like stealing you and your parents can sue the company.

Will they make me give up my U.S Citizenship?

Of course, if you're going to become famous in Korea, you'll have to travel like one in style :D

How long will it take to receive a reply if I attend the weekly auditions? Some people have mentioned the judges calling you to stay behind and I don't really understand.

The judges will take 2 months to get back to you, unless you're wanted immediately then you'd get a call within a week or the next day. The judges will call you to stay behind if they're interested in you, and being asked to stay behind doesn't mean you'd get picked as a trainee so don't get cocky. When asked to stay behind, you'll answer a few questions the judges ask you and they'll take pictures of you from different angles.

How long will it take to receive a reply if I audition via e-mail/ post?

It'll be a miracle if you even get a reply. It'd be 2 weeks maximum, after 2 weeks it's probably an automated e-mail anyways.

How long are training years?

Depends on how fast you learn things and if you'd quit in the middle of training, because you can't handle it anymore.

Can I have a stage name? Or do I have to have one?

The questions are the same question, lol. Yeah, you'll be given a stage name by Lee Soo Man or your manager, if not then you wont have one. An example is Yong Junhyung from B2ST when he writes his own raps he always says something like, "HEY! This is J.O.K.E.R!" That's the stage name he granted himself when he writes songs, but if he doesn't write songs, then he just doesn't say it.

My voice sounds different when recorded from when I hear myself speak/sing normally, why is this?

It's natural for your voice to sound different when recorded. it might be because the equipment you use is not that professional that's why the sound quality changes.

Since I'm short should I wear heels to my audition? And if I debut, will I always have to wear heels  to make myself look taller?

No, it's best if you wear something very comfortable when you audition, they want to see you without any extra perks, such as heels, makeup, etc. If you debut and you're short like Sunny from SNSD who's only 155cm tall, she wears HUGE insoles.

Is it better to send it more than once cause i heard that someone did and he/she made it to trainee.

No, if you send it more than once, then the person who receives the e-mails/post will probably ignore yours and move on, because they don't like spams. Just send one and wait 2 weeks and if you don't get a reply, then send another one. That's why it's better to take live auditions instead of sending e-mails/mails.

Recommend me some song please...i'm used to ballad but is willing to try other?

If you're comfortable singing ballad songs, then I recommend you sing ballads, as you have a comfortable thought when singing the song and you're more experienced with it, so it's best if you sing a ballad song you really like.

If you make it...does your whole life get control and rely on them?

More or less, but you have to make sacrifices or else you wont get what you want.

What picture should i send in? just my face or what? 

Send them a picture of your face and a picture of the entire body.

I hope I helped with your queries, if you have anymore questions just ask :D

Guest simply_m

can you not go in the audition with a group of people and by yourself?

what time does weekly audition start in L.A?

is my age a disavantage? i heard that one of the f (x) member was like over 18 when she audition and yeh??

what are insole???

as you can see in the pic..my skin is not light, it's quite dark...would i have to lighten my skin before auditioning or it shouldn't matter??

i know that people say that your record voice is your actual voice but then my voice sound different when i sing in my friend uncle studio room...so what could i do to make it sound like my voice i mean everybody agree with me too bout my voice sound different...hrmm...

can you not go in the audition with a group of people and by yourself?

what time does weekly audition start in L.A?

is my age a disavantage? i heard that one of the f (x) member was like over 18 when she audition and yeh??

what are insole???

as you can see in the pic..my skin is not light, it's quite dark...would i have to lighten my skin before auditioning or it shouldn't matter??

i know that people say that your record voice is your actual voice but then my voice sound different when i sing in my friend uncle studio room...so what could i do to make it sound like my voice i mean everybody agree with me too bout my voice sound different...hrmm...

Can you not go in the audition with a group of people and by yourself?

Yeah, sure. 

Is my age a disavantage? i heard that one of the f (x) member was like over 18 when she audition and yeh?

Yeah, your age is kinda old, and the member who's over 18 who auditioned is called Victoria and she has serious skills, that's why she got accepted. 

What are insole?

Insoles are the things you put in your shoe to raise the height of yourself.

As you can see in the pic..my skin is not light, it's quite dark...would i have to lighten my skin before auditioning or it shouldn't matter?

Skin color doesn't matter.

How do I make my voice sound like my real voice when recording?

The only way you can do that, is by auto-tuning your voice which makes you a fake.

The other way is if you're in a professional company who has professional recording devices.

Guest adtorres09

I sent in an e-mail audition yesterday, and was wondering about the odds of them checking it and how long it takes on for them to reply, and through which medium would they send the reply to?

A: Good luck with the email audition and the odds of them replying are 1 : 100000+ so basically SM Entertainment gets HEAPS and HEAPS of emails per-day and I doubt they even bother to check it, cause they probably receive SOO much emails they can't even open their hotmail inbox, because it will lag them to death trying to load the messages. And it usually takes them about 1 month or 2 to reply and you'll receive a automatic message sooner or later. 

Actually I sent in an email audition and I got a reply within the week telling me to either come to LA to audition or just make a DVD and send it to them in which they would send my DVD to SM Korea. Does this mean I have a chance at all or am I just being cocky?

Actually I sent in an email audition and I got a reply within the week telling me to either come to LA to audition or just make a DVD and send it to them in which they would send my DVD to SM Korea. Does this mean I have a chance at all or am I just being cocky?

You're not being cocky if you're not bragging on Soompi about it :D You might have gotten a reply, because they really like you.

Guest dbsk_x3

Regarding the citizenship stuff, you won't have to give up you're current one. Basically its all got to do with visas and all, which I don't understand too much but yeah, that means no need to take a citizenship test and all.

And just a note for some people who are just auditioning for dance, I advise you to audition for singing as well. I was reading an account of someone's audition and saying how they got rejected cause they were slightly overweight (48kg for someone whose 160cm, tbh, I don't think that's overweight), but also cause the judge considered them to be "lazy". Apparently they were asked why they didn't audition for singing instead and the auditionee responded by saying that they were hoping SM would teach them as well as Korean. I'm sure it's clear why they were considered lazy...

And from experience, they don't like you singing pop songs, and prefer it if you sing Korean. My friend went to the weekly auditions in Korea and the lady asked them before they went in, to make sure that the song they're singing wasn't pop and much preferably Korean.

Anyway, I was wondering, with the freestyling, will they make you do it individually? Or like in the group of 10 that you're in when you go in to audition?

Guest adtorres09

You're not being cocky if you're not bragging on Soompi about it :D You might have gotten a reply, because they really like you.

Do you think I might have higher chance? I don't know if it's worth trying.

Guest Aikurah

Hello Rain!

So, I am now 13 (wow, I sound really young right now), I think I have above average looks. I have larger eyes and slightly fair skin (I am Chinese). I think weight matters, but I'll just go ahead and say that right now I'm quite skinny (I am not tall though, only 4'11). Um...I guess my singing is alright (slightly off pitch, but for whatever strange reason I can hit high notes if I try hard enough). But my rapping is much, much, much more better than my singing. My dancing is better than both my rapping and singing. I have never taken dancing classes, never mind any singing ones. So here are some questions that have swirling around in my mind right now. I plan to attend an SM Weekly Audition in L.A. I live far away though...

Thanks a lot if you can answer my questions! 

1.) I am planning to sing B2ST-Fiction. I know that its not really the greatest thing that I am not Korean but singing a Korean song, but my voice really suits it (nearly enough to be as good as the original artists'). Is it alright? I also have an English song prepared, but just checkin'. 

2.) I want to dance to Usher-More. So all I really have to do is get the song on a CD and dance to it for...1 minute or so, right?

3.) When I did some research, I heard that results usually come in about two months. One month for the judges to decide and send to Korea, and the other month for SM to process it and make their decision. If so, do they call you or e-mail you?

4.) So, if I were to practice for a month vigorously (by vigorously I kind mean about...one and a half hour of full - on singing and dancing), will I be prepared enough?

5.) If I am under 18, will my parents have to do some paperwork? They won't support me, I'm even paying for their gas driving to L.A XD. 

6.) Are auditions in "rounds"? If so, is there one where you must compete with others?

7.) If you pass to become a trainee, do you have to sign a (slave) contract?

8.) Do you have to be super- pretty to become a trainee? I heard that you were supposed to be really naturally pretty (though IMO, Girl's Generation before their debut wasn't goddess pretty to me, though, now they're really goddesses). 

9.) Does it matter whether you know Korean or not? I only know English, Chinese, a little Cantonese, a little Spanish, and a little Japanese.

Sorry I have so many questions. I am just slightly anxious. Sometimes it seems as if I'm answering my own questions, but a little clarification wouldn't hurt. 

Also, you seem like you know a lot. I kind of surprised why you aren't auditioning though you've put in effort to research. 

Thanks again!

One last thing: I forgot to add; if you can sing AND dance, can you perform both? Or just do one?

Anyway, I was wondering, with the freestyling, will they make you do it individually? Or like in the group of 10 that you're in when you go in to audition?

They play music and you'll just freestyle altogether, you can stand out and be a pro or just not freestyle and be a chicken :D Most people just try even though they know they can't dance. 

Do you think I might have higher chance? I don't know if it's worth trying.

Yeah maybe, I wouldn't really be over-confident and I'll still try my best.

1.) I am planning to sing B2ST-Fiction. I know that its not really the greatest thing that I am not Korean but singing a Korean song, but my voice really suits it (nearly enough to be as good as the original artists'). Is it alright? I also have an English song prepared, but just checkin'. 

2.) I want to dance to Usher-More. So all I really have to do is get the song on a CD and dance to it for...1 minute or so, right?

3.) When I did some research, I heard that results usually come in about two months. One month for the judges to decide and send to Korea, and the other month for SM to process it and make their decision. If so, do they call you or e-mail you?

4.) So, if I were to practice for a month vigorously (by vigorously I kind mean about...one and a half hour of full - on singing and dancing), will I be prepared enough?

5.) If I am under 18, will my parents have to do some paperwork? They won't support me, I'm even paying for their gas driving to L.A XD. 

6.) Are auditions in "rounds"? If so, is there one where you must compete with others?

7.) If you pass to become a trainee, do you have to sign a (slave) contract?

8.) Do you have to be super- pretty to become a trainee? I heard that you were supposed to be really naturally pretty (though IMO, Girl's Generation before their debut wasn't goddess pretty to me, though, now they're really goddesses). 

9.) Does it matter whether you know Korean or not? I only know English, Chinese, a little Cantonese, a little Spanish, and a little Japanese.

Also, you seem like you know a lot. I kind of surprised why you aren't auditioning though you've put in effort to research. 

One last thing: I forgot to add; if you can sing AND dance, can you perform both? Or just do one?

1.) Sure, if you're voice is as you said , "Nearly good enough to be as good as the original artist" Then I say go for it, if you can pronounce and sing that good then it'd do nothing but raise your chances. 

2.) You'll probably get 30 seconds max for dancing, but it all depends on the judges: Mood and time.

3.) They can choose to call or email you.

4.) I reckon if you practice that hard everyday, you'll be WAY more than prepared. 

5.) Since you're only 13, your parents will obviously have to sign some paper-works, even if you're 16 your parents will still have to sign some paper-work for you to get into the company. 

6.) The last round will probably be you competing with another person for who gets into the company.

7.) Please don't call it a "slave" contract, that was the old SM, I believe they've changed now. Yes if you pass the auditions you'll have to sign a 5 year contract with them. Your parents signature and your signature are both needed no matter how old you are. 

8.) You don't have to look like SNSD, remember you'll change as you grow older so you'll obviously look very sexy/handsome once you grow older and you go through a lot of their intense training. You'll become a fit sexy/handsome god/goddess yourself :D

9.) SNSD Jessica and SNSD Tiffany didn't know Korean when they joined SM. You'll be enrolled to a international school (one that teaches Korean but speaks ONLY English) and you'll be educated there if you haven't already finished school. 

Btw, don't be surprised that I know so much yet I don't audition. I'm going to audition very soon and I'm the same age as you :D I'm probably even younger, I'm born in December. 

I wish you good luck and I hope I can help you further.