Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

_RaiN_

I am 14 turning 15 and i am 5'7....is that too tall for sm and im a girl.

A: Let me tell you this, the taller and more slim you are as a girl the more you can relax :D Cause if you're tall it will give you an advantage.

also what should i wear to audition? i was planning on sweatpants but i dont want to look "messy" or "unprofessional" or shorts but i dont want to be "showoffy" and im going to the L.A weekly auditions in California next week.

A: Good luck in the auditions and make sure you post your experience here :D And you should wear something that you're comfortable in (I don't mean, pajamas, sweats,etc.). So don't wear anything that shows off a lot of skin (trust me if you're beautiful and when you debut as an artist, half of the time your skin is going to be shown.), don't wear sweat pants or anything cause it's a sign of disrespect, you can wear nice comfy jeans or cargo pants. Don't show off a lot of skin cause that's the main factor. Wear something that is comfortable for what you're going to do in the auditions, dancing, singing, etc. If you're dancing I recommend wearing comfy pants not jeans cause jeans will restrict your movement. And for shirt just wear something again that doesn't show off a lot of skin and don't wear a shirt with inappropriate writing on it or a picture that is offensive. Don't wear things like you're going to a club to grind with some guy or like you're going to a party or something, just wear nice casual clothes and if you're not sure what kind of "casual clothe" to wear check out Taemin's audition from SHINee, you can see some of the stuff the girls wear there :D

also how should i do my hair? 

A: I'm not a girl, but I recommend just tying up your hair, or just leave it the way it is, don't add ANY and I mean ANY products to your hair or your face, cause SM Entertainment wants to see your "natural" face and if you cake yourself to look beautiful you're going to lower your own chances.

(Don't do anything to your hair just leave it the way it is, if you want to do something it's only to tie it up into a ponytail.)

Good luck in the auditions next week and I hope you make it, be sure to post your audition right here :D

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Abot SM AUDITION by Mail Post?

A: SM Entertainment will reply to your audition via Email or via Post, if they find you worthy of advancing into the next round of auditions but this time they'll arrange a time for you to fly either to America or to Korea depending on which post or mail you send it to. If you can't make it in time then you basically wont make it into the next round of auditions.

And when I say send a post to the America or Korea, I recommend sending it to the one in America if you can't speak Korean cause if you send it to the one in Korea they're assuming you can speak FLUENT Korean and they'll be talking to you in Korean and if you can't then you're going to have a VERY hard time understanding or even getting to the audition hall.

Good luck though.

Guest cissa

What Abot SM AUDITION by Mail Post?

A: SM Entertainment will reply to your audition via Email or via Post, if they find you worthy of advancing into the next round of auditions but this time they'll arrange a time for you to fly either to America or to Korea depending on which post or mail you send it to. If you can't make it in time then you basically wont make it into the next round of auditions.

And when I say send a post to the America or Korea, I recommend sending it to the one in America if you can't speak Korean cause if you send it to the one in Korea they're assuming you can speak FLUENT Korean and they'll be talking to you in Korean and if you can't then you're going to have a VERY hard time understanding or even getting to the audition hall.

Good luck though.

Who will pay? And what about stages?unsure.gif

Who will pay? And what about stages?

A: You'll pay for your own flight there and for your own flight back, if SM Entertainment were to pay for every single person they think is worthy they'll be broke really quickly. The stages of the audition are of the following.

1. If you apply via Email or Post they'll send a reply telling you the date of when they want to see you, and you'll have to do a live audition to prove that the one in the video is actually you.

2. If you can't make it on that day cause you're probably flying to the country to audition or something then you simply tell them to change to a day were you're available. If you're able to attend that day then you simply drive, walk, take a train, etc. to the location of the auditioning hall. The address for the LA audition hall is 4322 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90010 but I'm not sure about the Korea one.

3. When you arrive nicely dressed and no make up on your face or anything done with your hair then there will probably be a person to guide you to the private room where you will audition (there will also be other people there auditioning).

4. You'll probably be the last one to audition as you're a private one, and they need to examine your skills separately.

5. They'll record you while you're doing whatever you auditioned for, singing, dancing, acting, etc. 

6. They'll ask you some questions like, "Out of all the other companies why did you choose SM Entertainment" or "How old are you", "How long have you been doing this", etc. etc. 

7. They'll greet you goodbye and you can choose to stay in America if you want to or you can fly back. If they like you they'll give you a phone call by tomorrow and they'll have a staff meeting with Lee Soo Man (The founder of SM Entertainment, hence the name SM standing for Soo Man). And if he likes you, you'll proceed to the second round of auditions.

8. In the second round of auditions you basically just go over the process again but this time with the people who passed the first round of auditions. 

9. The process of this round are the same, as in they'll have a staff meeting if you should advance further, etc.

10. If you pass the second round of auditioning then you'll audition in front of Lee Soo Man himself to prove that you're worthy of becoming a trainee in the company. 

11. If you pass the round with Lee Soo Man (Seems impossible as he's really tight), then he'll call your parents for a tour around the company and you'll be able to meet some of the SM Artist (obviously the famous ones). 

12. He'll present to you the SM Ent. contract and signing is up to your parents so if they don't sign it then you don't get in but if they do sign it then you're lucky.

My tip is if before you audition you have to make sure your parents wont change there mind somewhere in between as this would be a incredible waste of money and time. Make sure this is really want you want to do, as when you become a star you're going to have to put up with A LOT of hard and heart crumbling training to become successful, a lot of SM trainee's have quit as they are concerned about their studies. And it's not 100% sure that you'll debut so better have a backup plan if you fail.

Good Luck to you and I hope you have a fun and enjoyable time auditioning. 

Guest cissa

but what they will reply?

1) what a good song to sing, because I know, if you sing a song from their company, they will compare with SM's Artist.?

2) How is the sound of the letter?

3) whether there is info about the audition SM ENTERTAINMENT.

4) and that I knew, could not audition Kazakhstan because I'm not a person Kazakhstan I was Indonesian. so what's the best? http://https://www.facebook.com/Sunghyohoonkorean

This is My Facebook account... and my picture there (at album pict)

what a good song to sing, because I know, if you sing a song from their company, they will compare with SM's Artist.?

A: A good song to sing is a song that brings out your voice and you're comfortable singing it (don't sing a Korean song unless you're actually Korean). Yes if you sing any song from the company they'll compare you to the original artist and trust me the chances of you being better than the artist is VERY VERY VERY low.

How is the sound of the letter?

A: I don't really understand this question.

whether there is info about the audition SM ENTERTAINMENT.

A: If you mean are there information of the auditions you can always check the SM Entertainment website by clicking on this link http://audition.smtown.com/SmUsaAuditionWeekly.asp?lang=eng

and that I knew, could not audition Kazakhstan because I'm not a person Kazakhstan I was Indonesian. so what's the best? 

A: Fly to America, that's your best option, as it is no difficulty for you to find the auditioning hall as you're fluent in English and it would be a lot easier for you as you're familiar with the language in America.

Guest cissa

Hi. I have a few questions. I ask you answer Ok! 

1) I come from Indonesia, does it matter? 

2) a few times I asked, but who answered regarding Email. when I asked about Email Post 

3) This picture of me, think how? if I look ugly? 

http://www.yfrog.com/gz0gjhj 

4) My mother was good at singing so he could comment about my voice, and my mom said my voice was good. does that help? 

5) actually provided what is needed to become a Trainee SM Entertainment.? 

6) so I'll send an email post to them, and all I ask is bagainmana they reply to my letter? 

if I am in receipt and they really want me would I be in the fly to Korea, because I do not have enough money for it. 

7) I am from Indonesia, and if they held a Global Auditions in Indonesia * amen * and I am in receipt, whether they will pay for my flight to Korea? 

8) What actual steps do I have to pass when I send an email post? 

9) how the delivery stage by Email Post? 

10) I'm good at dancing if that's good? 

11) so I signed up at SM Academy Website, whether its usefulness? 

12) what should I do if I accepted.? 

13) Can I invite my friend? 

14) if I am accepted, I will be away from parents? right? and how do I contact them? 

15) Could I use social networks to tell my news to my parents? 

16) should not use mobile phones? 

hehehe, sorry so many questions,,, 

1) I come from Indonesia, does it matter? 

A: No, as long as you're Asian it helps and if you can speak another Asian language then it gives you an advantage. 

2) a few times I asked, but who answered regarding Email. when I asked about Email Post 

A: One of the judges I think.

3) This picture of me, think how? if I look ugly? 

A: Link doesn't work and this is how SM works 80% looks and 20% talent but if you amazing talent then you have nothing to worry about.

http://www.yfrog.com/gz0gjhj 

4) My mother was good at singing so he could comment about my voice, and my mom said my voice was good. does that help? 

A: No, if the judges don't see your talent then you wont get accepted.

5) actually provided what is needed to become a Trainee SM Entertainment.? 

A: They'll pay for everything you need. (This exclude plain tickets).

6) so I'll send an email post to them, and all I ask is bagainmana they reply to my letter? if I am in receipt and they really want me would I be in the fly to Korea, because I do not have enough money for it. 

A: They wont pay for your airline ticket. And I have no idea what bagainmana is.

7) I am from Indonesia, and if they held a Global Auditions in Indonesia * amen * and I am in receipt, whether they will pay for my flight to Korea? 

A: No. Seriously you're asking the same questions...

8) What actual steps do I have to pass when I send an email post? 

A: Already been answered.

9) how the delivery stage by Email Post? 

A: This is common sense, you just send the mail.

10) I'm good at dancing if that's good? 

A: This helps.

11) so I signed up at SM Academy Website, whether its usefulness? 

A: SM Academy Website has nothing to do with the auditions.

12) what should I do if I accepted.? 

A: Worry about that after you got accepted.

13) Can I invite my friend? 

A: To audition yes to the trainee dorm no.

14) if I am accepted, I will be away from parents? right? and how do I contact them? 

A: Yeah, they'll fly you to Korea where you will live in a dorm with other trainees of the same gender and you'll contact your parents by phone in your spare time.

15) Could I use social networks to tell my news to my parents? 

A: No.

16) should not use mobile phones? 

A: You can use phones but SM Entertainment confiscates them at the start of the day and they can return it to you when they feel like it.

I hope this helps and good luck auditioning. 

(Sh-t this post was suppose to be long but it somehow stuffed up! I got lazy sorry.)

Guest krystaliu

They don't respond to their emails?

o_O

I thought they did, because I emailed them and asked some questions, and the person replied. with answers. xD;;

I sent in an e-mail audition yesterday, and was wondering about the odds of them checking it and how long it takes on for them to reply, and through which medium would they send the reply to?

A: Good luck with the email audition and the odds of them replying are 1 : 100000+ so basically SM Entertainment gets HEAPS and HEAPS of emails per-day and I doubt they even bother to check it, cause they probably receive SOO much emails they can't even open their hotmail inbox, because it will lag them to death trying to load the messages. And it usually takes them about 1 month or 2 to reply and you'll receive a automatic message sooner or later. 

It's not automatic, it's just a message they use repeatedly  because they lack interest in your recording.  Apparently from an insider, it's just that the team, as you previously stated, has so many emails to go through that it would be a waste of time to personalize each message.

It's not automatic, it's just a message they use repeatedly  because they lack interest in your recording.  Apparently from an insider, it's just that the team, as you previously stated, has so many emails to go through that it would be a waste of time to personalize each message.

Yep, I'm just wondering this, how long do you estimate it would take to go through EVERY single email? It would probably be forever in my guess and the emails wont stop coming unless they shut down the email account.

Guest korniceman3000

how long they will reply to mail post?

To put it bluntly, unless they see something extremely special in the audition submitted and are very curious about the person who auditioned, the chances of receiving any response by mail is practically zero. Sometimes, it may take MANY mail in auditions to gain any sort of traction and if you are lucky, someone from the auditions department might give you a call or send an email reply and offer you a personalized audition somewhere. But even if they do offer you this, there's no guarantee that they will actually set up that appointment...

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

For the dancing part of my audition should i learn a dance by a kpop idol group like Shinee Lucifer or choreograph my own?

If i choreograph my own can i use a kpop group's songs or should i stick to American artists?

thank you (:

For the dancing part of my audition should i learn a dance by a kpop idol group like Shinee Lucifer or choreograph my own?

A: Ehh...are you referring to the Rhythm test or are you audition for dance? Doesn't matter I'll give you an explanation of both (cause I'm nice! :D).

Rhythm Test: The Rhythm Test is part of the auditions to see your level of dancing skills, you cannot pick your music for this as they will pick it for you, you just have to freestyle to the music they pick (from what I've read, the USA auditions play either Rihana - Disturbia or Flo Rida - Low). And I think you'll only have a rhythm test depending on how much time the judges have on their hands, if they don't have much time then they'll just let you show your talent and then you'll move on (he rhythm test will happen after everyone does their field of specialty).

My opinion is don't worry about this and make sure you never hold back, because they want to see your FULL potential. 

Dance Audition: The dance audition is basically when you bring a CD with a 1 minute song (It can be of any genre e.g. remix, mash-up, dubstep remix, etc.) and you'll have to dance to it (a choreographed dance, I'm not sure if you can choose to freestyle to it). If your CD does not work, then they'll play a random music for you (this is A LOT more nerve wrecking, because if the beat of the music if too fast for you or too slow or you can't tell the beat of the music you'll be screwed and on top of that you don't even know what kind of music they'll play, they wont go like, "O.K I'll play Lucifer by SHINee"). So bring a CD that has a song limit of 1 minute. 

My opinion is too practice this routine and know it inside out, I know that some people (or most) tend to forget steps of the routine cause they're nervous, well you have to remember this routine and do it like you would when you're practicing, and like I said before don't ever hold back as it may cost you a spot in the auditions. 

If i choreograph my own can i use a kpop group's songs or should i stick to American artists?

A: You can dance to any song you want to, as long as it's not a copied dance you can do anything you want to, remember to practice it hard and don't forget it! (Keep in mind the the song has to be 1 minute) 

My tip is to practice hard and don't ever give up, if you truly want this then you'll have to show it! I might go and audition as well, but I'm not strong at singing (I started learning dancing by myself and I have an interest in dance), I'm actually strong at freestyling and not really choreographing and I have the worst memory in the world, and I actually learned how to dance from freestyling (most people say my freestyle looks like a choreographed dance so that's a plus! :D). If you can't choreograph well, then just don't any CD and freestyle to the song they give you (I recommend bringing a CD just in-case, cause you can still freestyle to your own CD). 

GOOD LUCK! And I hope to find out your results ! Practice hard! 

Yep, I'm just wondering this, how long do you estimate it would take to go through EVERY single email? It would probably be forever in my guess and the emails wont stop coming unless they shut down the email account.

I hope there's no hint of sarcasm in that reply because it's hard to discern certain linguistic subtleties on online as opposed to real life. 

In any case, I was just offering my two cents and contributing to the discussion.

Furthermore, I assume that the reason that many emails are left unread is due to the fact that they cannot read every single e-mail, and because the rate at which messages are sent to the designated S.M. email account is incredibly high, this causes people seeking to be chosen through this method to be ignored and thus accumulates the grievances of the artistically talented community.

I thank you and anyone else contributing to this discussion for offering to help the Soompi community and potential stars who wish to learn more about their desire agency ( Personally this doesn't apply to me as I plan on going to college etc. )

Archived