[Drama 2011] Myung-Wol the Spy 스파이 명월

Phi

if Jo Hyung Ki& Kim Ha Kyun join this drama i'm sure will be a super comedy drama.ha ha

Today is shooting scence at Incheon Inter,Airport really hope can see pic for fan cam .

hehehe looks like it's going down the comic side eh? I hope there're fans photos as if if the production crew aren't to strict banning cameras kkkkkk

so beautiful spy will be competing with miss ripley and moosah baekdongsoo i see ... hmmm im not sure what the latter drama is about but im speculating that it'll be a historical drama, which tends to be more popular in terms of ratings ... and miss ripley is doing well in ratings right now too ... i hope beautiful spy will do well too despite the competition from other dramas in terms of ratings 
hahahaha I'm glad you're eying up competitions since I was also checking that out too :D

Spy Myung-wol's first 6 episodes will be competting with MBC's Miss Ripley from Jul.04 - 19. There onward it will go against MBC Gyebaek, a sageuk (period) drama starring Cha In-pyo, Lee Seo-jin & Jo Hyun Jae (see article from Han Cinema http://www.hancinema.net/exclusive-cha-in-pyo-joins-mbc-historical-gyebaek-30329.html)

On SBS front, Spy Mung-wol will butt head with another fusion sageuk drama Warrior Baek Dong Soo (also premiers on the same date, Jul.04) from the start to finish. Dramabeans wrote an article here http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/06/much-cooler-stills-from-warrior-baek-dong-soo/

Tough competitions huh? I hope Spy Myung-wol will find its niche and do well in the rating war! XDDD

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been a couple translation on Spy Myungwol and its release of teaser stills, the following trans has compiled a couple news articles together for a nice summary on the characters' rolls & plot. We now know what Spy Myung-wol's mission of kidnapping hallyu star Kang Woo is for :D

Spy Myungwol releases teaser stills

Stills from the teaser of the upcoming KBS Mon-Tue drama “Spy Myungyol” has been released.

201106040805772016_1.jpg

Han Ye Seul and Eric filmed the teaser promo set in the townhouse of Hallyu star Kang Woo (played by Eric), in a gallery house in Pyeongchang-dong on the morning of 3 June.

Eric plays Kang Woo, a top Hallyu star who dons Italian suits and drinks mineral water that has had gold and diamonds dipped in it; while Han Ye Seul plays Myungwol, a North Korean spy tasked with stopping the spread of the Hallyu Wave in North Korea.

Han Ye Seul demonstrated the image of a charismatic female warrior with her skilled sniper’s poise and her intense glare. On the other hand, she also had to pose as a high schoolgirl fan in order to get close to Kang Woo, and her cunning ways as she stakes out in front of Kang Woo’s house as a sasaeng fan (fans who stalk their idols 24/7) brought about much laughter on the set.

As a member of the pioneer idol group Shinhwa, Eric is a perfect fit for the role of South Korea’s biggest Hallyu star Kang Woo, further heightening the fans’ anticipation of his character.

The stage for the teaser filming was Kang Woo’s townhouse, a space that symbolizes the perfectionist and trend icon Kang Woo. The actual building used for the filming has received international architectural design awards.

After completing the filming of the teaser, Han Ye Seul and Eric rushed down to the KBS annex for the first script reading with the rest of the cast (which includes Lee Jin Wook, Jang Hee Jin, Lee Deok Hwa, Yoo Ji In and Jo Hyung Ki).

Particularly, for the scenes to be shot on location in Singapore, Eric and Han Ye Seul delivered their English lines with no Korean translation and with perfect enunciation, impressing the cast and crew who remarked that “it felt like we were watching a ‘live’ American drama”.

Lee Jin Wook also immersed himself into his character as a cool-headed and calm elite North Korean agent.

In addition, the production company also sought advice from North Korean defectors to help cast members such as Han Ye Seul and Lee Jin Wook with the delivery of their lines at the script reading, in order to make the drama more convincing.

Jang Hee Jin, who plays an arrogant heiress and actress in the drama, also delivered her lines with ease; while veteran actor Lee Deok Hwa eased everyone’s nerves with his jokes.

20110602_1306976800_48377800_1.jpg

Jang Hee Jin plays the role of Joo In Ah, the heiress to Korea’s top hotel conglomerate who also happens to be a popular top actress as well. Joo In Ah has a strong and aggressive personality, and aims to own everything that she wants. She completes the love rectangle together with Choi Yoo (played by Lee Jin Wook). The two men that Joo Ah In sets her sights on – Choi Yoo and Kang Woo – are both in love with Myungwol instead.

“Spy Myungwol” is a romantic spy comedy that tells of the romance between the North Korean spy Myungwol (played by Han Ye Seul) and South Korean’s biggest Hallyu star Kang Woo, and will take over “Babyfaced Beauty” to air its first episode on 4th July.

Credits: Osen + NTN + Absolut Shinhwa

The full cast is out!

v7dpqe.jpg

Credit: Eric DC Gallery

Will edit the 1st post with better plot summary + cast info very soon :D

Guest love-song.

yup there's tough competition coming up but hopefully the romantic comedy genre of the drama will bring it out on top of all the historical dramas ... personally, im not a fan of sageuk dramas LOL hopefully there are lots of other people like me hahahaha but the other dramas have great casts as well ... its been a while since cha in pyo (who most people, especially the middle-age audience, are probably more familiar with) and lee seojin were on screen as well ... nevertheless, i have a good feeling about beautiful spy happy.gif and thanks again phiphi69 for the all updates on the drama. i can't wait to see han ye sul act as a sasaeng fan hahahahahaha! just thinking about it makes me giggle 

Guest BraveHeart

Thanks for starting this! I was going to start a thread for this drama if there wasn't one yet.

Here is a few pictures of Han Ye Seul filming at Han Yang University and at Shin Sa Dong.

i5nk.jpg

65bty.jpg

Credits: Eric DC Gallery

Guest Yvonne

Thank you for starting this thread!!! I can't wait for this drama...the idea of a North Korean spy & a Hallyu star together is so cool!!! And Eric looks HOT! Seriously can't wait!

Guest donghaelover11

I wanna watch this drama I miss Han Ye Seul! So happy that Eric is making a comeback!

Guest ekalala

woahhhh ERIC playing new drama?

really cant wait...

waiting this for like a long time ago :P

aaaaa feel the excitement ^^.

ERIC Fighting !!!!!

Of course it would be Phi who started this thread XD lol~

So excited that this drama will be airing less than a month away ^__^

Wondering~ is Jo Hyung Ki playing Myung Wol's father/relative?

If so, it's kind of funny that JHK & friends were joking how he looked a lot like Eric when he was young lol~

Guest fivemagic

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful sharings and postings!  I really enjoyed reading and viewing all posts and comments.

Phiphi, I really like the TV icon on the first page.  Great job!

Also, thanks so much for the latest news on the remaining casts.  I am so happy that everything is going smoothly.

*saves all the photos*

Looking forward to see more shooting photos soon!!!

Guest valmylove

thanks Phi for sharing the post of the full cast. I see a few familiar faces... isn't that one gal from Eric's Stella's group? She looks like it and she is also cast in here? as supporting? cool.

it seems like tough competition and let's hope that it will hold on strong too! I like rom-com.

can't wait!!

Guest acemaverick

OMG! i can't believe it! after such a long time i'll FINALLY be able to see LEE JIN WOOK again!!!

i know the majority of the thread is on Eric. hey, i love shinhwa too.

OMG this is also so frustrating!!! i'll be flying of to Beijing on the 10th! wat the crap! i so hope Lee Jin Wook is NOT coming to sg to film if not i'll feel like really bad crap! grr... why does it have to be when i'll not in SINGAPORE! gross!

love-song. & valmylove, same here, same here. I'm taking rom-com better than sageuk dramas, really hope that on top of it seemingly fun & good plot, going against 2 sageuk will some what help Myung-wol rating :)))

Of course it would be Phi who started this thread XD lol~

So excited that this drama will be airing less than a month away ^__^

Wondering~ is Jo Hyung Ki playing Myung Wol's father/relative?

If so, it's kind of funny that JHK & friends were joking how he looked a lot like Eric when he was young lol~

hehehe can't help but starting up the thread XDD

I'm not quite sure what the supporting cast's roll just yet since the official KBS webpage for the drama isn't out yet..... I didn't know that reference about Jo Hyung Ki looks a lot like Eric when he was young, that's the case, it would just be natural to cast him as Kangwoo's father :)

fivemagic, TV it stays! :D Any filming bits from Han Ye Seul's fan site/bogs?

BraveHeart Thanks for sharing the photos.... I hope more to come..... Didn't quite recognize Han Ye Seul in the photos, she looks so young there :)

I see a few familiar faces... isn't that one gal from Eric's Stella's group? She looks like it and she is also cast in here? as supporting?
yup that girl with long hairs in the white shirt is a member of Stellar. As a newbie, she's a supporting cast for this drama.... she'll be busy juggling both Stella debut + filming here (probably not too heavy since it's supporting roll)

OMG! i can't believe it! after such a long time i'll FINALLY be able to see LEE JIN WOOK again!!!

i know the majority of the thread is on Eric. hey, i love shinhwa too.

OMG this is also so frustrating!!! i'll be flying of to Beijing on the 10th! wat the crap! i so hope Lee Jin Wook is NOT coming to sg to film if not i'll feel like really bad crap! grr... why does it have to be when i'll not in SINGAPORE! gross!

nice seeing LEE JIN WOOK's gals here..... come, come spazz with us.... :D :D

I don't know Jin Wook's filming schedule but Eric will be filming in Singapore for a week. I imagine most of the cast will be there too, specially the 4 main leads..... not good timing eh? *pats pats* :)

Guest BraveHeart

wahhhhhhhhhh! first Lee Jin Wook still :wub: :wub: :wub: our 4 leads are really pretty blush.gif

*quoted image*

Lee Jin Wook ... why are you sooooo handsome? :wub:

@ Osen

You beat me to the picture! I was going to post this up.

Han Ye Seul looking gorgeous. Eric looking top-notch.

hahaha you two are all too quick with the new set of stills.

I really hope there were more and bigger photos.....

1crazynyt, thanks for sharing the art work. It's officially the 1st one of the thread :D

The 2 ladies are looking pretty and finally we have the very 1st still of our spy Myung wol's partner!! Jin Wook look might fine in that black shirt. As for Eric why do they get him to wear black beanie in the mid of summer?! :sweatingbullets: XDDD

Archived