'TITANIC' in 3D [April 2012] - TRAILER!

Guest massive toene

Guest massive toene

LEONARDO DICAPRIO & KATE WINSLET

'Titanic' to be Re-Released in 3D to Commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Ship Setting Sail

titanicpostersmall.jpg

Coming soon to a theater near you: A movie you saw on the big screen seven times in 1997.

In honor of the 100th anniversary of the Titanic's doomed maiden voyage, Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox are re-releasing James Cameron's 1997 Oscar winner 'Titanic' on April 6, 2012. But that's not all! This time around, when Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet set sail, they'll be in 3D.

In a statement, Cameron said, "There's a whole generation that's never seen 'Titanic' as it was meant to be seen, on the big screen. And this will be 'Titanic' as you've never seen it before, digitally re-mastered at 4K and painstakingly converted to 3D. With the emotional power intact and the images more powerful than ever, this will be an epic experience for fans and newcomers alike."

WATCH HERE: TITANIC 3D - Trailer

Pics from the Premiere

Kate-Winslet-In-Jenny-Packham-Titanic-3D-World-Premiere.jpg

Kate Winslet and director James Cameron hit the red carpet together at the premiere of Titanic 3D on Tuesday (March 27) at the Royal Albert Hall in London, England.

The 36-year-old English actress wore a bespoke Jenny Packham full length gown in black silk crepe with Swarovski crystal cap sleeves and waist detail.

kate-winslet-titanic-3d-premiere-07.jpg

Titanic 3D will be released in theaters on April 4.

FYI: Kate finished her look with Charles Goode for Goode and Son jewelry, and a bag and shoes by Christian Louboutin.

kate-winslet-titanic-3d-premiere-05.jpg

Would you watch it again in 3D?

source: justjared

Paramount will also be celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2012. "Paramount has had the pleasure of introducing audiences to some of the all-time classics of cinema during that century of moviemaking and we cannot think of a better way to mark the occasion than with this re-release of 'Titanic'," Brad Grey, chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures, said.

'Titanic' is the second highest-grossing film of all time. The film pulled in over $600 million in the U.S. and $1.2 billion overseas. Only 'Avatar,' also directed by Cameron, has earned more money in theaters, grossing $750 million domestically for a combined worldwide gross of nearly $2.8 billion.

source: popeater.com

Guest i.meisee

I will be watching it again if they make a remake again of the movie with new artists and in 3D.

Guest courtleee

lol, this isn't really current news.

but of course i'll be there. this movie came out when i was like, 3.

It would be amazing if the 3D version could match or even top the gross for the first time it came out.

Why doesn't it come out on th 14th, the date the titanic sank? lol xD

Guest jollibee

everything's in 3d nowadays...honestly it makes me nauseous...i like the way we watched movies before...

• 5 months later...
Guest b2stbaaby

Oh my goshh! I'm so excited for this! Titanic is one of my FAVOURITE movies! 

I can't believe I only watched it two years ago... before I watched it, I remember thinking it was some boring movie that went for four hours about a ship sinking (i was 14 when i thought this), and then it was on tv so I decided to sit down and watch the movie that everyone seemed to love, AND THEN I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! 

It made me never judge a movie before I watch it again.

Such a cute, inpirational movie... who wouldn't go back to watch it in 3D? I can't wait!

• 4 months later...
Guest nana544

I saw the preview before watching The Hunger Games, and the movie looks so great on the big screen! I was nearly to tears.....I cannot wait to go and see it :)!!!

Guest shyangel2793

i would LOVE to see it on screen when it comes out but i don't have anyone to watch it with =( that and i don't have time because of school. i hope someone is free to watch it with me since it's the Easter break-3 day weekend that week so hopefully someone will come with me.

Kate Winslet looks beautiful in that dress btw!! i really do like her as an actress and seems so down-to-earth!

Guest karyee

This is really awesome! I can't wait to see it on the big screen, just not in 3D though - it makes me feel sick. The movie first came out when I was three so of course I never saw it in the theatres but a couple of times on tv. I'm going to be T__________T the whole time.

I love this movie. I remember watching it when it came out 15 years ago (Gosh, has it really been that long??) so I will be definitely going to the theaters again. It'll be interesting, I'm sure :)

Archived