Sung Joon 성준

7lotus

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DRAMA CASTING & NEWSSung Joon signs on as second lead for Jekyll and Meby javabeans | December 1, 2014 | 51 Comments

sungjoon_54.jpg

Aw man, Sung Joon is gonna be another second lead; it’s just been announced that he’ll be taking on a role with SBS’s upcoming Jekyll and Me, joining leads Hyun Bin and Han Ji-min in the multiple-personality-disorder romantic comedy. Well, the other multiple-personality-disorder romantic comedy (aside from Lee Seung-gi’s Kill Me Heal Me).

Jekyll and Me riffs off the classic Jekyll-Hyde duality where one personality is good and kind, and the other one is utterly dark. Both ends of the spectrum will be represented in Hyun Bin in this case; a trauma in his past is the cause of his polar-opposite selves. He’ll fall in love with a circus troupe leader (yes, really) played by Han Ji-min, with their link being that he runs a theme park and decides to get rid of the heroine’s failing troupe.

Sung Joon will play a gentle and humorous hypnotherapist, which isn’t a far cry from his gentle and humorous Discovery of Romance doctor character he just played a couple months ago. At least we know he can pull it off, although I’m still sad about him not getting the girl, ’cause he was pretty much perfect. He’ll be joined (possibly) by Seo Ye-ji (Records of a Night Watchman), who is in the mix to play a psychiatrist who will also be our hero’s first love. Highly convenient for treatment purposes, or highly inconvenient for ethical complication purposes? In dramaland, you never can tell. She’ll become Han Ji-min’s rival for Hyun Bin’s affections, if she ends up confirmed; her casting in final negotiations.

Jekyll and Me will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama for SBS, and premieres in January.

[dramabeans]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

February 11, 2015
Sung Joon Promotes Mind Bridge In 2015
Source: BNTNews
0zj6f9z0cgo7xjv6s1lgklc8jm04cs1c.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn] Actor Sung Joon became the new model for casual brand Mind Bridge. 
The manager of the brand said, “Sung Joon’s neat and urban mood fits to our brand image which pursues stylish. Mind Bridge is now offering various business casual clothes for creative and sensual businessmen. We expect him to appeal our brand image well.”
Sung Joon’s long figures and his chic mask are his matchless charms. This fits well to customer’s consuming trend and his items that he had in his drama became hot issues every day. 
Particularly, many people said that Sung Joon can appeal his ‘warmhearted boyfriend’ image through his dramas and ‘urban and chic’ image to the mass public without any troubles. 
Meanwhile, Sung Joon plays the role of Yoon Tae Joo in drama ‘Hyde, Jekyll, Me’. (photo by Mind Bridge)

• 1 month later...
Guest kyung-jin

The 12 best and worst K-drama perms

by Rara Pop on Thu, Mar 12, 2015

3. Kwon Ji Hyuk (Sung Joon) – Shut Up Flower Boy Band

Sung_Joon_1.jpg

Sung_Joon_2.jpg

This may be one of my all-time favorite K-drama perms. Sung Joon effortlessly pulls off this shaggy look, making it a perfect extension to his rocker persona.

Verdict: Rockstar 10/10

And let's also not forget the other wonderful perms that appeared in Shut Up Flower Boy Band!

Screen_Shot_2014-09-07_at_10.50.51_PM.pn

Sung_Joon_Lolipop.gif

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/12-of-the-best--worst-permed-hairstyles-in-k-dramas/

Guest adikkeluangman

Hong Jong Hyun, Kim So Eun, Lee Kwang Soo, and Many Others Attend “Twenty” Premiere
The VIP premiere of the movie “Twenty” was held on March 18 at Megabox COEX in Seoul. The movie, which stars Kim Woo Bin, Lee Joon Ho, and Kang Ha Neul, centers around the love lives and friendships of three men who are, you guessed it, twenty years old. Unsurprisingly, given its high-power ensemble and youth-driven plot, the premiere attracted many popular young actors and musicians. Let’s take a look at the red carpet!
Sung Joonsungjoon-540x810.jpeg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/19/hong-jong-hyun-kim-so-eun-lee-kwang-soo-and-many-others-attend-twenty-premiere/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7lotus said: the new hottie in town | Shut Up:Flower Boy Bandf1h3mf.jpg

Name: 성준 (Sung Joon/Seong Joon/成俊)
Birthdate: 1990.07.10
Height: 187cm
Family: Parents and one older sister
Agency: O & Entertainment
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Links: Twitter | Cyworld | Homepage

TV DRAMAS
화이트 크리스마스/White Christmas (KBS2, 2011) - as Choi Chi Hoon
내게 거짓말을 해봐/Lie to me (SBS,2011) - as Hyun Sang Hee
꽃미남 밴드 : 안구정화/Shut Up:Flower Boy Band (tvN, 2012) - as Kwon Ji-hyuk

Drama Special "Swamp Ecology Report"Choi GunKBS2 2012
Can We Get Married?Jung-hoonjTBC 2012
2013Gu Family BookGonMBC
2014I Need Romance 3Joo Wan (Main)tvN
Discovery of LoveNam Ha-jinKBS2
2015Hyde, Jekyll, MeYoon Tae-joo/Lee Soo-hyunSBS
MOVIES
(2012)

CF's
2011 -

SONGS

Wake Up (Shut up! Flower Boy Band OST)

몰라야 할 말/Words You Shouldn't Say (Shut up! Flower Boy Band OST)

OTHERS
MBN's "Show K Music" - MC
MBC's "Personal Taste" - cameo

PICTURES

click to view:

Spoiler:
33vf38j.jpg

dzieir.jpg

5bty5d.jpg

35hmg4n.jpg

2jflt04.jpg

2jedk5.jpg

credits:drama wiki + 10Asia + Nate + 7lotus@soompi

Nazkurd said: 7lotus said: the new hottie in town | Shut Up:Flower Boy Bandf1h3mf.jpg

Name: 성준 (Sung Joon/Seong Joon/成俊)
Birthdate: 1990.07.10
Height: 187cm
Family: Parents and one older sister
Agency: O & Entertainment
Hometown: Seoul, South Korea
Links: Twitter | Cyworld | Homepage

TV DRAMAS
화이트 크리스마스/White Christmas (KBS2, 2011) - as Choi Chi Hoon
내게 거짓말을 해봐/Lie to me (SBS,2011) - as Hyun Sang Hee
꽃미남 밴드 : 안구정화/Shut Up:Flower Boy Band (tvN, 2012) - as Kwon Ji-hyuk

Drama Special "Swamp Ecology Report"Choi GunKBS2 2012
Can We Get Married?Jung-hoonjTBC 2012
2013Gu Family BookGonMBC
2014I Need Romance 3Joo Wan (Main)tvN
Discovery of LoveNam Ha-jinKBS2
2015Hyde, Jekyll, MeYoon Tae-joo/Lee Soo-hyunSBS
MOVIES
(2012)

CF's
2011 -

SONGS

Wake Up (Shut up! Flower Boy Band OST)

몰라야 할 말/Words You Shouldn't Say (Shut up! Flower Boy Band OST)

OTHERS
MBN's "Show K Music" - MC
MBC's "Personal Taste" - cameo

PICTURES

click to view:

Spoiler:
33vf38j.jpg

dzieir.jpg

5bty5d.jpg

35hmg4n.jpg

2jflt04.jpg

2jedk5.jpg

credits:drama wiki + 10Asia + Nate + 7lotus@soompi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't really keep up with dramas as much but I feel in love with him through Hyde, Jekyll, and I.  Though he played the villain but I still enjoyed his character.  I'm looking forward to watching his new drama, High Society.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about (and swoooooooooons over!) Sung Joon and "High Society" in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-12/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about Sung Joon (and High Society, Oh my ghostess, The Scholar Who Walks the Night, Mask, The time we were not in love and many more) in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-13/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• 1 month later...

Sung Joon is my newest favorite actor.  love him  since i've watched i need romance 3.  I do like him in high society...i didn't realized he also casted in gu family book. He such talented young actor, handsome, talll and good kisser. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived