Sung Joon 성준

7lotus

January 20, 2014
Sung Jun and Kim So Yeon Share a Warm Beachside Kiss
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

Kim So Yeon needed romance, and she’s not lagging behind about it. 
On January 20, tvN’s I Need a Romance released new photos of an upcoming kiss between Joo Wan (Sung Joon) and Shin Joo Yeon (Kim So Yeon) by the beach. 
imageThe photos are for the upcoming third episode of I Need a Romance, where Joo Wan and Shin Joo Yeon walk by the winter beach, sweetly giving enough back hugs and kisses to make anyone watching jealous. 

The photos are teased the beginning of Shin Joo Yeon’s new romance after getting dumped and hurt by an ex-boyfriend at the beginning of the series. 
imageThe episode will air on January 20. 
Photo credit: tvN

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 20, 2014
'I Need A Romance 3" Sung Joon, Homme Fatale Explodes
By Staff Writer | KDramaStars.com
i-need-a-romance-3-sung-joon-homme-fatal
(Photo : tvN)
tvN Monday/Tuesday drama "I Need a Romance 3" Sung Joon reserved the romantic comedy king place.
Sung Joon is playing the role of genius composer Joo Whan in "I Need a Romance 3" to soothe the pains of younger healing man Kim So Yeon (role of Shin Joo Yeon).
Kim So Yeon said to Sung Joon that this was the person who said all emotions of joys and sorrow when she was younger showing a different world.  She repeated the success and failures of the corporate life as there were problems with her feelings.
Sung Joon was next to Kim So Yeon as he was helping her heal and is planning on going forward with a warm romance.
Related to this, the tvN official Facebook page showed various pictures and expressions of Sung Joon while acting.  He's 187 cm and his height along with his proportions shine, as his unique homme fatale fashion and smile shaking women also added to his popularity.
Meanwhile, "I Need a Romance 3" is showing a story that any woman would be able to empathize and the honest dating story and the detailed emotional acting as well as the beauty of images is bringing more popularity in the third season of "I Need a Romance."
The drama brings more realistic light with a homeshopping company and alpha girls of Korea in a tense competition and friendship.  It is broadcast every Monday and Tuesday at 9:40PM.

January 20, 2014
‘I Need Romance 3’ Kim So Yeon & Sung Joon’s Romantic Seaside First Kiss
By Staff Writer | KDramaStars.com
i-need-romance.jpg?w=600

"I Need Romance 3" actress Kim So Yeon and actor Sung Joon shared their first kiss together.
On the third episode of the cable channel tvN's Monday Tuesday drama "I Need Romance 3" which aired on January 20, 2014, Joo Wan, played by Sung Joon, kissed Shin Joo Yeon, played by Kim So Yeon.
On this day's episode, Joo Wan called Shin Joo Yeon out by lying to her that his car is on the verge of breaking down. Joo Wan took Shin Joo Yeon on a drive in his car to a romantic seaside highway. Joo Wan to ticked off Shin Joo Yeon said, "Why do you think I called you out on a weekend?" and later confessed to her, "I started to like you."
Shin Joo Yeon said to Joo Wan, "Why did you start to like me? It has not been long since we first met, it probably was not that my first impression was that great, or I am not even that lovely of a type."
Joo Wan then said, "Do you always pick on everything like that when you start a relationship? I start my relationship by kissing the girl," and kissed Shin Joo Yeon by the sea.

January 22, 2014
K-Drama Actors Who Are Good At Comedy And Drama
BY Joan MacDonald | KDramaStars.com
There are plenty of good k-drama actors but not all of them are equally talented at making audiences cry and laugh.
A few stand out.
JYJ's Park Yoochun is that kind of actor. He can do light romantic comedy, as he did in "Rooftop Prince" and "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" but cried up a river for the melodrama "Missing You."
And his co-star Yoon Eun Hye is known for her ability to slip back and forth between comic roles and melodrama. She was the tortured Zoe Lou in "Missing You," but also an equally effective comic actress in the lighthearted comedies "Coffee Prince," "Lie To Me" and "My Fair Lady."
sung-joon-and-kim-so-yeon.jpg?w=600

Kim So Yeon, who now plays the endearingly awful Shin Do Yeon in "I Need Romance 3," has done comedy before. She played a "Legally Blonde" style prosecutor in "Prosecutor Princess," but she also played a determined prosecutor in the melodrama "Two Weeks" and a ruthless North Korean spy in "IRIS." When you watch her in a serious role, it's hard to imagine she could ace a comic role, but she does.
Her co-star Sung Joon is also trying his hand at both kinds of roles. While his role as Suzy's bodyguard in "Gu Family Book" did not present too many emotional challenges, he was seriously moody as the bandleader in "Shut Up Flower Boy Band." In "I Need Romance 3" he's funny and flippant.
So Ji Sub is an actor who never tried comedy before "The Master's Sun." Before that comedy, he played the dual roles of police detective/hacker Kim Woo Hyun and Park Gi Young in "Phantom." Although he carefully created the comic character of Joo Joong Won, he was surprised to discover that he was funny.
"I worried about how well I would do in a comedy and how others would see my performance," said So, who credits his co-star Gong Hyo Jin with bringing out his comic side.  He called her one of the finest comedic actresses he had ever seen.
Although she is best known for her comic roles, Gong Hyo Jin also does drama. She played an angry young woman in the film "Family Ties."
Jung Il Woo is another young actor that seems equally at home in comedies or dramas. He was pretty funny as the spoiled chaebol Cha Chi Soo in "Flower Boy Ramen Shop," but a serious angel of death in "49 Days" and a tragic prince in "The Moon Embracing The Sun."
It's fun when an actor surprises you with a completely different kind of role. Can you think of other actors that are talented at both? Let us know.

January 22, 2014
I Need A Romance 3" 4th Episode, Kim So Yeon And Sung Joon Kiss Scene "Tough + Sweet" Lips
By Staff Writer | KDramaStars.com i-need-a-romance-3-4th-episode-kim-so-ye

Actress Kim So Yeon and Sung Joon's kiss scene is a topic of interest.
On the 4th episode of tvN "I Need a Romance 3" broadcast on the cable network on Janaury 20th, Shin Joo Yeon (played by Kim So Yeon) and Joo Wan (played by Sung Joon)'s heartthrobbing kiss scene was aired.
On this day, Joo Wan confessed to Shin Joo Yeon, "I've come to like you."
At this, Shin Joo Yeon said, "Since when?  Why?  We haven't met recently and your first impression was not good and I'm not that lovely.  You've even said that my personality is flawed" as she said coldly.
At this, Joo Wan cut off Shin Joo Yeon, "Do you bicker about when you start to date?  I kiss and begin" and suddenly kissed Shin Joo Yeon.
At the 4th episode of "I Need a Romance 3" released, netizens said, "The kiss scenes in I Need a Romance 3, it really begins." "The kiss scenes in I Need a Romance 3, Kim So Yeon and Sung Joon so sweet." "The kiss scenes in I Need a Romance 3, Kim So Yeon, Sung Joon kiss scene, so much chemistry." "The kiss scenes in I Need a Romance 3, a lot of chemistry" "The kiss scenes in I Need a Romance 3, you really need romance" "The kiss scenes in I Need a Romance 3, I look forward to this" and showed various responses.

January 27, 2014
'I Need Romance' New steal cuts of Kim So Yeon & Sung Jun unleashed

Source: STARN News 20140126151019_52e4a6cb57099_1.jpg

New steal cuts of Kim So Yeon and Sung Jun are becoming a hot issue.
January 21st broadcast of tvN drama 'I Need Romance' showed Sung Jun(casting as Joo Wan)'s true identity getting unveiled, and the plot development getting more suspenseful.
It was found out that songwriter Allen was the same person with 'Sweet Potato', who is Kim So Yeon(casting as Shin Joo Yeon)'s childhood friend. Kim So Yeon and Sung Jun will start living in the same house soon, and people's anticipation for the future of their relationship is growing larger and larger.
Prior to the broadcast of the new episode, a number of steal cuts of Kim So Yeon and Sung Jun were uploaded on the official Facebook of 'I Need Romance'. The steal cuts show Sung Jung lying on Kim So Yeon's lap, and Kim So Yeon watching TV, lying on a sofa, and crossing her legs on Sung Jun's lap.
In addition, Sung Jun's sweet hug, and their romantic gazes for each other are arousing great excitement among many viewers and fans.
The production team of 'I Need Romance 3' said, "The future episodes will show Joo Yeon(Kim So Yeon), who is so used to living alone, learning new things while living with Joo Wan(Sung Jun), and their relationship will face a big change as well," and asked for continuous supports for the drama.
/Reporting by Lim ju-hui jp@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

February 2, 2014
tvN “I Need Romance 3″ Sung Joon’s sweet moves
by Jamie KoreanDrama.com 
“I Need Romance 3” has grown a number of viewers, especially women, because of Sung Joon’s attractive looks as well as his acting. The said drama depicts a unique love story between two people of opposite poles – a man who believes in true love and a woman who ceased believing in love. The drama is starred by Sung Joon, as Joo Wan, a young attractive man who believes in love and Kim So Yeon as Shin Joo Yeon, a woman in 30s who has gone through a relationship failure that made her not believe in true love.
On the 6th episode of tvN’s “I Need Romance 3”, Joo Wan watched over Shin Joo Yeon (Kim So Yeon) in her sleep. Joo Yeon got so drunk so Joo Wan carried her back home. While Joo Yeon was on bed, Joo Wan as he touched her hands said, “Why are you clenching your fist when you sleep?”. Joo Wan wanted her to be comfortable and thought of changing her clothes so that she could sleep well. He started unbuttoning her shirt but just before he goes through half of it, he stopped and said, “Oh I can’t. My heart trembles.” A lot of viewers had giggled and were really tickled by this scene.
After quite a while, Joo Wan went downstairs that night and looked for Joo Yeon. He went closer to Joo Yeon and asked her what was wrong then Joo Yeon started to burst out of tears. She was crying after her failures at work. Joo Wan tried to comfort her as she cried.
Joo Yeon talked about a person whom she goes to whenever she finishes a broadcast then Joo Wan later realized that she was talking about Tae Yoon. Joo Yeon recalls how he supported her back then. But Joo Yeon cried hard how Tae Yoon (Nam Goong Min) acts differently now.
While comforting Joo Yeon, Joo Wan holds her and told her, “You’re really dumb.” But at the back of his mind, he said, “But I hope that you’d just stay dumb and never know your own heart.”
21475694.jpg

February 10, 2014
'I Need A Romance', Sung Jun & Namgoong Min captivate fans' hearts
Source: STARN News20140209123432_52f6f7483de9d_1.jpgSung Jun and Namgoong Min are melting girls' hearts with their different charms.
Sung Jun and Namgoong Min are recently casting in tvN drama 'I Need A Romance 3', and they are forming a love-triangle with Kim So Yeon in the middle.
Sung Jun, who lives under the same roof with Kim So Yeon, keeps giving her helps, and slowly unhinging her mind. He always does what he wants to do for her without hesitating, and he always listens to what Kim So Yeon has to say.
On the other hand, Namgoong Min is one of the ordinary playboys, and a great number of young fans are showing great supports for him. Namgoong Min is playing as an intelligent elite, who becomes Kim So Yeon's career mentor.
The latest episode of 'I Need A Romance' showed Kim So Yeon realizing that Namgoong Min likes her, and a great number of viewers are getting highly anticipated about their future.
Recently, a Netizen uploaded a compare & contrast chart of Namgoong Min and Sung Jun on an online community board, and a great number of fans are showing great interests for the post as well.
Meanwhile, 'I Need A Romance' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 9:40 PM.
/Reporting by Lim ju-hui en@starnnews.com

February 10, 2014
Sung Joon and Kim So Yeon Cuddle Up During ‘I Need a Romance’ Script Practice
CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

A set of pictures showing Sung Joon and Kim So Yeon during drama script reading have been catching many fans’ attention. 
tvN’s I Need a Romance released a set of pictures featuring Sung Joon and Kim So Yeon as they sit together in the living to practice their lines. 
The pictures show the two cuddling up to practice their lines, with Kim So Yeon leaning on Sung Joon’s shoulder and taking photos together.
58163002.jpg
A staff member of I Need a Romance revealed, “Kim So Yeon and Sung Joon have really been sticking close together throughout script reading and joke around with each other during break time, making the other staff members jealous.”
Photo credit: tvN

• 2 weeks later...

February 18, 2014
SUNG JOON FOR MARIE CLAIRE KOREA’S MARCH 2014 ISSUEhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2014/02/18/sung-joon-for-marie-claire-koreas-march-2014-issue/

I Need Romance 3‘s Sung Joon is featured in the March issue of Marie Claire Korea, and he is killing it with his blue and gray toned style.
Check it!
009_zps4b76d4bc.jpg~original
010_zps72872bae.jpg~original
011_zps96c6b04f.jpg~original
 Source  |  Marie Claire Korea

February 24, 2014
Sung Joon-Kim So Yeon, Hugging Picture 'Perfect Couple'
By Staff Writer KpopStarz.com
sung-joon-kim-so-yeon-hugging-picture.jp
Actor Sung Joon revealed a picture of him hugging Kim So Yeon. (Photo : twitter)
 Actor Sung Joon revealed a picture of him hugging Kim So Yeon.
Today, Sung Joon posted on his Twitter, "Romance" along with a picture.
In the picture, Sung Joon was hugging Kim So Yeon from the back, posing for the camera.Internet users who saw this commented, "They have to end up together," "They must've gotten a lot closer," etc.
The two are currently coming out in tvN drama "I Need Romance 3".
Photo Credit: Sung Joon Twitter

March 4, 2014
Sung Jun to Sing the Final OST for ‘I Need a Romance 3’
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong
With the end of the series already, Sung Jun will be releasing the final OST for tvN’s I Need a Romance 3.

93878209.jpg

On March 4, CJ E&M stated, “For the fans who are sad about the series ending, we will be revealing the OST that Sung Jun personally sang, as well as the opening title and other unreleased songs that made the drama better.”
Sung Jun will be singing the song, Love is Smiling, which is the song his character, Joo Wan, recorded in the drama for Shin Joo Yeon (Kim So Yeon). 
The other songs that will be released are two different versions of Love Story, which is the theme song for Joo Wan and Shin Joo Yeon. 
The songs will be released on March 4. The full drama OST with never-before-seen photos will be released on March 18. 
The drama ends March 4. 
Photo Credit: CJ E&M

March 4, 2014
SERIES; S/S 2014 AD CAMPAIGN FEAT. SUNG JOON
http://couch-kimchi.com/2014/03/04/series-ss-2014-ad-campaign-feat-sung-joon/

I Need Romance 3‘s Sung Joon will strip the panties off you with his sexy, casual coolness dressed in new Epigram collection by Series;
007_zps8e7c51eb.jpg~original
002_zpsdc7bd086.jpg~original
005_zps6e1bb96c.jpg~original
013_zps3cc8e461.jpg~original

March 4, 2014
"I Need a Romance 3" Ending On March 4th
By Staff Writer KDramaStars.com
i-need-a-romance-3-ending-on-march-4th.j
(Photo : tvN)
"I Need a Romance 3"s final episode was aired on March 4th.
"I Need a Romance 3" ended at 9:40PM.  On this episode, Shin Joo Yeon (played by Kim So Yeon) was honest about her feelings and showed sides that he hadn't shown before.
Until now, Shin Joo Yeon was a person that was far from a sweet romance.  However, because of Joo Wan (played by Sung Joon), she changed gradually and opened her heart.  In the past episode, she confessed her love and spent the night together.
The staff added expectation to the last episode saying, "Because of Sung Joon, Kim So Yeon's perception changed 180 degrees and it will trigger a romance perfectly."
Meanwhile, "I Need a Romance 3" is a story about romance that any woman can empathize with showing detailed emotions and senses as well as beautiful scenery that was loved by viewers.

March 5, 2014
Sung Jun Becomes New Muse of Fashion Brand ‘series’
Source: BNTNews
6iz79g8sap3d8vlnroizyoywcxspjmde.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] ‘I Need Romance’ star Sung Jun has been chosen as a new model of men’s casual clothing brand ‘series.’
‘series’ released its new ads campaigns for the 2014 SS collection. In the photos, Sung Jun suggests various casual styles for men, which are very different from his usual looks in ‘I Need Romance 3.’ 
As playing a popular composer ‘Juwan,’ Sung Jun has usually showed stylish, luxurious styles in the drama. In the ‘series’ pictorial, however, he created a neat, dandy style with various simple items like a stripe shirt and black sweater. His naturally curly hair, handsome face, and trendy style--which charmingly fits his slim body--remind of a rich British college student.   
An associate of ‘series’ said, “Sung Jun’s trendy, natural style and fresh image fit our brand image. He checked each photo taken and created his own style for the pictorial. His professional attitude really impressed the staff members.”
Meanwhile, Sung Jun is currently having a break after ‘I Need Romance 3’ went off the air. (photo by series) 

March 5, 2014
"I Need a Romance" Kim So Yeon Smitten With Sung Joon
By Staff Writer | KDramaStars.com

i-need-a-romance-kim-so-yeon-smitten-wit

"I Need a Romance 3" Kim So Yeon really fell for Sung Joon.
On the 16th episode of tvN "I Need a Romance 3" (script Jung Hyun Jung, director Jang Young Woo) broadcast on March 4th, Shin Joo Yeon (played by Kim So Yeon) looked into each and every side of Joo Wan (played by Sung Joon) and was smitten.
On this day, Shin Joo Yeon, Lee Min Jung (played by Park Hyo Joo), Jung Hee Jae (played by Yoon Seung Ah) all gathered and talked about "men's sexiness."  They talked about a lot of things like neckline, the way they are when backing up a car, skinny fingers, deep and sexy voices, and muscles.
Afterwards, Shin Joo Yeon got into the car with Joo Wan and saw every side as she was smitten.  She realized that he was sexy from head to toe and looked at him with love.
Joo Yeon finally realized her feelings for Joo Wan and started to feel jealous and unstable.

March 11, 2014
'Romantic Guy' Sung Joon Spotted Shooting an Advertisement
Source: BNTNews
boj3jzpw7p1pqm5s38xy8y1z9sk5wy5y.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Actor Sung Joon, who recently became a hot star by taking a leading role in ‘I Need Romance 3,’ was seen shooting an advertisement for fashion brand ‘series;epigram.’
Model/actor Sung Joon has become one of the most favored stars by women fans in this year. He was starred in hit series ‘I Need Romance 3’ and showed a perfect example of a romantic younger guy like Samantha’s boyfriend Smith in ‘Sex and the City.’ In the drama, his cute yet masculine charms were good enough to attract women audiences.
This time, the star was featured in advertisement shot of male fashion brand series;’s second brand series;epigram as he is an exclusive brand model.
During the shooting ,many women staffs at the studio agreed that Sung Joon’s winsome smile reminded them his character ‘Joo Wan’ from ‘I Need Romance 3.’ However, the actor soon looked into cameras with charismatic poses and facial expressions like how he used to do when he was a professional model before becoming an actor.
Meanwhile, series; opened a new paradigm in male fashion industry by transforming many subsidiary lines into its own brands. More information regarding the brand and Sung Joon’s pictorials are available on series;epigram’s official homepage. (photo by series;epigam)

Archived