[Variety] Saturday Freedom - Immortal Song 2 불후의 명곡 2

Guest chopper!

Guest shaghayegh_song

i agree about hyorin's high note...

she's in fact, became my favourite beside Yesung after watching her from eps 1

but i dont know..after winning the first eps, it seems she's getting more focus about her voice instead of the songs and emotion..:huh:

and when we say her voice is means the high notes...we can see how she cant wait to hit the high notes and focus on that part while ignore the rest of the songs..

during eps 3, what made her loose to Yesung, i think was that she failed to deliver the  message of the song. yoseob who was singing the same song done better job to deliver the meaning of the songs...

and the way she hit the high notes making people forget what is Heeya is all about..

she did it again in this week's eps...during duets, she should not outshine the partner, but she did...

i hope she didnt do the same next week....

but is it true that she must go if she won the 3rd time ?? i dont want she leave the show before Junsu JYJ and Tae yeon SNSD join this show.. :w00t:

I totally agree with you,I used to like Hyorin and her performances but putting so much high notes in one song isn't nice,being a good singer is not about being able to hit like 5 high notes during one song,it's about delivering the emotion and having a voice that impresses people.I like G.O and Junsu's performances much more,they don't overdo anything.wish Hyorin stop being like this,my love for her is fading away

so bad JYJ's Junsu can't join the lineup,he's awesome and I'm so sad 2pm's Junsu had to leave,I love his voice

thank god we still have G.O

EDIT: I heard only Chang Min is leaving for his HOMME's comeback. So far, only Shin Young Jae and Kyuhyun are confirmed to join the show later. So, changing all the current casts is very unlikely to happen.

Jay will join the idols.hope he does well,I'm really worried,don't want him to be criticized :(

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest apple_red

i was surprise a bout the line up Jay park as well..didnt he more like dancer than singer..but probably i was wrong..

but i heard that the show change rule after 7th eps. lets wait how the new rule will be

I think Huh gak will bring the new thin to the table...

and iam curious how kyuhyun is doing

Guest ezy85

i was surprise a bout the line up Jay park as well..didnt he more like dancer than singer..but probably i was wrong..

but i heard that the show change rule after 7th eps. lets wait how the new rule will be

I think Huh gak will bring the new thin to the table...

and iam curious how kyuhyun is doing

Yeah, I'm surprised by Jay Park's participation, but his MR removed for his recent comeback sounded solid. So, he might surprise us.

For this week, it seems the idols would be singing "first generation idol" songs. Jay Park with HOT Moon Hee Jun singing "Candy" and others with GOD Son Ho Young, DJ DOC, Clone Gu Jun Yeop, Baby Vox Kan Mi Yeon and Noise Hong Jong Gu.

I really can't wait to watch this episode :w00t:

EDIT:

The songs to be performed and link to the original version :)

Jay Park + Moon Hee Jun - Candy (H.O.T Candy)

Kyuhyun + Son Ho Young - Lies (G.O.D Lies)

Huh Gak + Hong Jong Gu - What I Wanted From You (Noise - What I Wanted From You)

Jeon Ji Yoon + Gu Jun Yeop - I (Clone - I)

Hyorin + DJ DOC - I Still Love (DJ DOC - I Still Love)

G.O. + Kan Mi Yeon - Killer (Baby Vox - Killer)

Didn't realize that Hongki was competing with FT Island... I guess it's like Yoon Doo Hyun with YB on IAAS. I thought G.O's per

Anyway Hyorin now with 2 wins(well deserved)... Didn't the PD say something prior to the first episode airing that if an artist won 3 times on the show that they would then leave the show?

I have been watching this show from the beginning and in spite of the harsh omitting method it uses to chose the winner, I have liked it. And I agree with the comment above regarding Hyorin's wonderful capability in performing high notes. But among the performances in this episode, I think GO's was the best. Althouh Hyorin can perform high notes better, she did not do that well in her overall performance and what got her the first place was her body. I think it is not right to judge one's singing based on their sexual gestures and postures. It is ok if you try to be cute like Changmin, although his clothes siut Hong Gi better!, but acting up too much while singing would not be singing any more, but being an idol which is what these young people do all the time.

It would be much better for them to restrict themselves to showing their singing rather than exposing themselves in order to win.

And I also think that the audience's reaction towards the performances and their votes do not match. I though the same when Yesung won the 2 round and I also felt the same when Changmin won the intro performance this round. Although I like all the contestants this time, I believe based on the audience's reaction, the ranking should have been: Hong Gi, Junsu, Hyorin, GO, Changmin and Ji Eun.

Is someone paying up to decide the winner?

Guest ezy85

Hmm, I don't really like this episode. It's the first time I don't have a favorite performance. I might change my mind after watching higher quality video with sub though.

Poor Hyorin! DJ DOC seemed to steal the spotlight and push her to the back (somewhat literally). And GO, his voice does not go that well with Kan Mi Yeon and the song is not the best choice for him I think. The mistake in the dance and the "oh crap" faces on both of them are obvious too.

Kyuhyun looked tired. poor him.

Hope all of them would do better next week.

Guest timpa

I was rather surprised to see both Kan Mi Youn and Moon Hee Jun on the same show together given their past history and on KBS no less. When earlier this year on another KBS show (Happy Together) MHJ basically called out KMY and said he wanted her to stop bringing up their past scandal. Not sure that having the two of them appear on the same show across from each other helps in that aspect. ;)

As for the performances. I didn't get what Hyorin was going for. The music sounded louder than her voice and I guess the sound system was doing something to her voice as well? Not sure why she couldn't just use a normal mic like DJ DOC was. It just made her seem unimportant for the performance.

I was pretty surprised that Ji Yoon won though because when I saw the crowd reaction to Kyuhyun and Son Ho Young and how many women were going crazy (with Super Juniors popularity coupled with GOD being the most popular 1st gen group) I thought they were going to just roll over the competition.

Guest ezy85

Hmm, I don't really like this episode. It's the first time I don't have a favorite performance. I might change my mind after watching higher quality video with sub though.

Poor Hyorin! DJ DOC seemed to steal the spotlight and push her to the back (somewhat literally). And GO, his voice does not go that well with Kan Mi Yeon and the song is not the best choice for him I think. The mistake in the dance and the "oh crap" faces on both of them are her face is somewhat obvious.

Kyuhyun looked tired. poor him.

Hope all of them would do better next week.

After watching the whole show again with better quality video and sub, I would say Jiyoon's performance is the most entertaining and Kyuhyun's performance is the most vocally sensational. In all the performances, the seniors are more vocally stable than the junior idol except for Kan Mi Yeon. Maybe because she is nervous. Can't really say anything about vocal comparison between Jay Park and Hee Jun since Jay's part is so so big compared to Hee Jun. Jay's got to focus on finishing the song.

For Huk Gak, I actually expect more from him, but oh well.... it's only his first performance. I really want to see what he has to offer next time. For Jiyoon, she obviously put a lot of effort in this performance and this makes her deserve her first win, but I still think she isn't really singing. For GO, he did quite well, but I believe he can do better.

Guest apple_red

Edit

Jiyoon won..and i am happy for him

since she's the 2nd girl won this ...

And I also think that the audience's reaction towards the performances and their votes do not match. I though the same when Yesung won the 2 round and I also felt the same when Changmin won the intro performance this round. Although I like all the contestants this time, I believe based on the audience's reaction, the ranking should have been: Hong Gi, Junsu, Hyorin, GO, Changmin and Ji Eun.

Is someone paying up to decide the winner?

what do you mean ? who's paying up to decide the winner ?

I was pretty surprised that Ji Yoon won though because when I saw the crowd reaction to Kyuhyun and Son Ho Young and how many women were going crazy (with Super Juniors popularity coupled with GOD being the most popular 1st gen group) I thought they were going to just roll over the competition.

I am glad that the result is not predictable...such as the singer who is coming fromt he most famous group will win...

in eps 1, people expected Yesung or Jonghyun or IU will win, turn out it's Hyorin...

and i dont hope Kyuhyun or Jay park doesnt win because their popularity but due to their singing ability.

Guest YoonSooJin

Wow. I've been waiting for that episode with the actors I love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And also, Huh Gak is my most & only favorite of the current cast.

Esp., Gong Hyung Jin and Kim Sooro are my very first favorite Korean actors, and Kim Sooro ♥ Jo Yeo Jung couple is my first favorite couple from a Korean movie............. Ah, so many first times, huh ? But I'm looking forward to watching the eng subbed episode on KBSWORLD, too. I'm downloading the episode, since two weeks could be a long time for me :).

Archived