[Variety] Saturday Freedom - Immortal Song 2 불후의 명곡 2

Guest chopper!

i hope someone here can help me out. im kinda confused as to what the ranking is used for? 

i remember in the 1st week the winners could choose the songs first. if im not mistaken it was jonghyun, yoseob, and yesung tied in 1st place so they had a chance to pick a song first out of the 6 contestant. 

Then in the 2nd episode jonghyun won first place and instead he was given the opportunity to pick when to perform, and he chose to perform last. 

So for next week are they gonna change the 1st place prize again? or will it be like last week where the first place winner is given a choice of when to perform?

oh and another thing.. i thought that for the 1st performance the ranks are determined by fellow contestants, but this week it was determined by the audience. Has it always been like that? i thought thats why previously the contestants were given paper after each performance. Sorry for all the questions. hope someone could answer some of them. 

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshinerMD

Hey~ thanks a lot but I meant like, all her solo performances lol, do you have a file where you put them all ? Like one of your box maybe ?

Just an update on the changed Broadcast times, for those who wanna catch it on KBS World, Eng-subbed 3 weeks later.

WEF 25 June 2011, "Immortal Song 2" & "Secret" (E-subbed) will air on KBSWorld (Asia/Europe)

- First Run : Sat @ 5:20pm KST (as "Saturday Freedom")

- Encore Run : Tues @ 11:10pm KST (as "Saturday Freedom")

Time/info (from KBSWorld) as at time of edit on 26 June 2011

Anybody knows where I can download solo cuts of Hyo Lyn please ?

FYI, her name is HyoRin

Guest adikkeluangman

SNSD’s Taeyeon voted #1 idol singer viewers wish to see next on ‘Immortal Song 2′

201106170824391001_1.jpg

SNSD’s Taeyeon as been voted as the #1 idol singer viewers wished to see next on KBS2’s “Immortal Song 2“.

Easyday, a Korean portal site, recently held a poll asking netizens, “Which idol singer do you wish to see next on ‘Immortal Song 2′?”. Taeyeon, who’s well known for her talented vocals, received the most number of votes with over 45%!

JYJ’s Junsu took 2nd place with 21% of the votes, 2AM’s Jo Kwon came in 3rd with 19% of the votes, and Big Bang’s Taeyang came in 4th with 13% of the votes.

‘Immortal Song 2′ is receiving a great deal of interest for allowing idol singers to showcase their vocal talents through competitions.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/snsds-taeyeon-voted-1-idol-singer-viewers-wish-to-see-next-on-immortal-song-2

Guest sunshinerMD

@tiki_sg There's no mispelling when it comes to romanization. For instance the singer Lyn, her name in hangul is 린. Also on Sistar CDs her name is written as Hyo Lyn.

Guest adikkeluangman

B2ST’s Yoseob regrets leaving ‘Immortal Song 2′

B2ST’s Yang Yoseob has expressed regret about withdrawing from KBS 2TV’s ‘Immortal Song 2‘, a reality show dedicated to showcasing the vocal talents of idol group members.

Yoseob received first place on the show’s pilot episode with his stunning performance of “Mother“, allowing him to prove critics wrong when they said that his singing talent was just hype.

Unfortunately, Yoseob had to withdraw due to B2ST’s schedules in Japan.

He expressed that although he felt extremely stressed competing against his peers, he felt regret when he had to leave. His fans and the production crew were also disappointed by his withdrawal, as they were looking forward to his future performances.

Yoseob stated, “The pressure I felt from ‘Immortal Song ‘2 was no small thing. I don’t know how the other idol singers felt, but I was very worried and burdened. I couldn’t even sleep at night.” The producers added that Yoseob worked hard during practice, but felt a lot of stress because he couldn’t memorize the lyrics very easily.

He added, “When we decided on the withdrawal, I did feel some relief. It was too nerve-wracking and burdensome. However, at the same time, I felt regret. I don’t think I was able to show my all. If another opportunity came by to be on the show again, I would definitely take it. I think I will. I want to show different sides of myself. New contestant Lee Hongki called me about it, and it reminded me of when I started.”

Fellow B2ST member Son Dongwoon piped in: “Even though we knew the results, we were still nervous. We told him that even if he were to land in last place, he was still in the top 6 among idol singers.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/b2sts-yoseob-regrets-leaving-immortal-song-2

Kim Tae Won claims SISTAR’s Hyorin is “Korea’s Beyonce”

Boohwal’s Kim Tae Won showered SISTAR’s Hyorin with compliments after listening to her cover of the famous song, “Heeya“.

During a recent recording for KBS2TV’s ‘Immortal Song 2‘, Kim Tae Won made a special appearance as the second ‘legend’. On this day, idols competed by singing popular songs from Boohwal, a much-beloved rock group.

It was Hyorin who succeeded in stealing the spotlight by singing a rock version of “Heeya“. Her passionate performance and powerful vocals left the audience in awe. After watching her performance, Kim Tae Won praised the idol with: “She’s Korea’s Beyoncé. I’m proud that Korea has produced such a talent.”

MC Kim Gura added, “We need more talented female rock singers so that the rock genre can develop even further.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/kim-tae-won-claims-sistars-hyorin-is-koreas-beyonce

Guest alicechen

G.O's performance/download/song rip can be found here.

Looks like I'll be following this program to hear G.O's lovely voice. I thought he should've been ranked higher. :) I also love HyoRin's performance! ChangMin definitely invigorates the crowd with his energy.

Guest apple_red

i hope someone here can help me out. im kinda confused as to what the ranking is used for? 

i remember in the 1st week the winners could choose the songs first. if im not mistaken it was jonghyun, yoseob, and yesung tied in 1st place so they had a chance to pick a song first out of the 6 contestant. 

Then in the 2nd episode jonghyun won first place and instead he was given the opportunity to pick when to perform, and he chose to perform last. 

So for next week are they gonna change the 1st place prize again? or will it be like last week where the first place winner is given a choice of when to perform?

oh and another thing.. i thought that for the 1st performance the ranks are determined by fellow contestants, but this week it was determined by the audience. Has it always been like that? i thought thats why previously the contestants were given paper after each performance. Sorry for all the questions. hope someone could answer some of them. 

i think the moment when the other contestant can rank the fellow contestant was only the first eps. they're also sang different immortal singer / group at that time. maybe it's just like warm up..

so every episode 1,3,5 etc winner will get the privilege. and since the winner eps is 3 contestant they cant choose who is the singer who can choose the last turn to sing...no contestant want to sing 4 or 5 when they got privilage to choose the last to sing and have 50% of win.

the funny thing, the last contestant to sing didnt guarantee to win even when his precentage is higher ...and the pressure is less than the first or the 2nd to sing..

while the eps 2,4,6 etc is the "real" competition...and the real winner count on that eps

btw, after watching it 2nd time at KBSW (not in the youtube lol), i found that IU didnt that impresive..whether she felt nervous or lack of experience compare than the other 5 i dont know...i agree that she is worse in both eps 1 and 2

the 3 octave didnt heard sounds good and i dont even know what song she was sang...  no offends to her fans..

and the replacement, Jieun..

i felt bad to her..oh man...she looks like a bunny amongst of big lion, big elephant, big horse etc...people can easily put her on 6 for her performance.. maybe she's too nervous or  ?? i am not sure..

and people already asking Taeyoen to replace her in the poll ?? that's not bad...i always feel that SNSD is a bunch of hip shaking girl bands..let's see how the lead vocal do here...

Source : AllKPop

Kim Tae Woo, Wheesung, Lee Jung, and more to guest star on ‘Immortal Song 2′

[2011-07-01]

2011070109540101309_1.jpg

KBS 2TV’s ‘Immortal Song 2‘ will be airing a ‘Legend Special’ featuring eight of Korea’s best male vocalists.

The PD of ‘Immortal Song 2′, Go Min Gu, revealed to Star News on July 1st that “Kim Tae Woo, K.Will, Wheesung, SG Wannabe’s Lee Suk Hoon, Hwanhee, Norazo’s Lee Hyuk, Lee Jung, and musical actor Lim Tae Kyung will be starring in our ‘Male Vocalist’ episode“.

Go Min Gu PD stated “Last year, ‘Gayo Mu Dae‘ selected ‘100 Songs that Koreans Love‘ for their 25th anniversary. These eight singers will each be singing and competing with a classic oldie off this list“.

Since the cast for the special episode are all venerated singers, the competition will be based off a single performance from each of them.

Go PD explained “Even though the concept for ‘Immortal Song 2′ is about idol singers competing against each other, our show’s title expresses that there’s something more important than that. It’s the ‘Song’ in ‘Immortal Song‘. We are not straying away from our original concept, rather, we are taking this opportunity to really show a unique color of our own“.

He also added, “All the singers happily agreed to participate, so there’s a lot of enthusiasm. Our production crew also has high expectations. We think that the viewers will be able to see another charm to ‘Immortal Song 2′ apart from idol singers competing. ”

The ‘Male Vocalist’ special will be filmed on July 11th, and is scheduled to air on the 23rd.

Source & Photo: Star News via Nate

Guest timpa

Didn't realize that Hongki was competing with FT Island... I guess it's like Yoon Doo Hyun with YB on IAAS. I thought G.O's performance was great and thought he might run the table, but Hyorin... What can you say about her? The vocals she has are just amazing and the songs she's singing are composed awesomely for her to showcase them... Not to mention she's not afraid to show she's an idol in a girl group with the dance breaks.

I felt bad for Ji Eun... Not because she has never won a round and been last on the 'singers choice' songs... but what the heck is the person composing her songs thinking? Last week they mashed up two Boohwal songs together (at least it was the same group). This week it was Secret's Madonna mashed into Min Hae Kyung's own song... I cringed as soon as I heard Madonna kick-in. It felt like I was in a movie with a slow-mo scene going 'nooooooooooooooooo'. I just don't get the mash-ups... This is Immortal Song 2 not GLEE.

Anyway Hyorin now with 2 wins(well deserved)... Didn't the PD say something prior to the first episode airing that if an artist won 3 times on the show that they would then leave the show?

Guest apple_red

Didn't realize that Hongki was competing with FT Island... I guess it's like Yoon Doo Hyun with YB on IAAS. I thought G.O's performance was great and thought he might run the table, but Hyorin... What can you say about her? The vocals she has are just amazing and the songs she's singing are composed awesomely for her to showcase them... Not to mention she's not afraid to show she's an idol in a girl group with the dance breaks.

I felt bad for Ji Eun... Not because she has never won a round and been last on the 'singers choice' songs... but what the heck is the person composing her songs thinking? Last week they mashed up two Boohwal songs together (at least it was the same group). This week it was Secret's Madonna mashed into Min Hae Kyung's own song... I cringed as soon as I heard Madonna kick-in. It felt like I was in a movie with a slow-mo scene going 'nooooooooooooooooo'. I just don't get the mash-ups... This is Immortal Song 2 not GLEE.

Anyway Hyorin now with 2 wins(well deserved)... Didn't the PD say something prior to the first episode airing that if an artist won 3 times on the show that they would then leave the show?

so hyorin have to leave the show if she won 3 times..

i guess it's fair..since i dont think anyone can win if hyorin still there phew.gif except for yesung w00t.gif

buy maybe we have to bring xiah junsu there since there was vote and stated that junsu is no 1 in Idol voice....

Archived