[Variety] Saturday Freedom - Immortal Song 2 불후의 명곡 2

Guest chopper!

i believe so, to have 2 performances is time consuming, the first episode was the pilot so they extended the time to 2 hours.

oh i actually didnt realise the first episode was 2 hours.... hmm in that case it would feel too rushed if they did put in 2 performances since the show is now only a little over an hour

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zcanby

I really love this show! Does anyone know if the show is/will be subbed? I really want to know what they're talking about in the backroom interviews and what they're saying when they're not singing.

Guest apple_red

For the performances I was a little surprised that they voted Jonghyun the winner. He was very energetic, but I felt like his screams(screeches) were trying too hard and just didn't gel that good.

I'm looking forward to next week though. Hyorin was ROCKING OUT HARD... And we have some classic Boohwal songs. I'm not really sure how Ji Eun is going to do though, I really felt like she wasn't singing strong enough and too 'ballady' and not rocker. Especially with a classic like The Story of You and the Rain (Which just so happens BMK sung as her mission on I Am A Singer)

Infact, the strange thing is that with the style of the show and the obvious similarities between it and I Am A Singer you have singers on the show doing songs that were used on I Am A Singer. Kim Bum Soo did a Boohwal song recently too (Neverending Story) I think Changmin has that as his mission on Immortal Song 2.

i thought i am the only one who was shocked to hear Jong screaming :o but not in a good way. i think the performance supposed to be on the concert rather than in a competition like this..

Yesung is perfect...Hyorin always brought something new into the stage...and i was mostly surprised by her..

honestly speaking, i rarely following GB because, well...mostly only do cute dance on stage..but some idols proved me wrong (in a good way, off course) such as Hyorin, Luna F(x)...

cant wait for next week...yesung and Jong last performance in this show :tears:

Guest Jeff86

The funny thing is that those on "I am a singer" who sang boohwal's song didn't have much success this far (Lena was last, Bum Soo 6th and BMK 4th I think). Boohwal is an awesome band but their songs are hard to alter/change.

I was surprised as well by the first place of Jonghyun, my ranking was : 1. Hyorin. 2. Yesung. 3. Changmin.

Yesob was shocked as well when Changmin was 5th.

Guest gauri92

so yesung and hyorin were my favourites in this episode...they completely rocked it...and id say yesung won by a small margin, but he deserved the win because he has that smoky quality to his voice that makes rock ballads awesome.....but still, i feel kinda sorta bad for hyorin...

and im so sad that yesung and jonghyun are leaving now....ill miss them!!!

p.s....who else here finds yesung and hyorin cute??? i haven't seen the complete third episode but their interactions int he 2nd were adorable, and they seem to love each others vocals a lot (which is completely understandable since everyone loves their voices and singing...)

Guest timpa

so yesung and hyorin were my favourites in this episode...they completely rocked it...and id say yesung won by a small margin, but he deserved the win because he has that smoky quality to his voice that makes rock ballads awesome.....but still, i feel kinda sorta bad for hyorin...

and im so sad that yesung and jonghyun are leaving now....ill miss them!!!

p.s....who else here finds yesung and hyorin cute??? i haven't seen the complete third episode but their interactions int he 2nd were adorable, and they seem to love each others vocals a lot (which is completely understandable since everyone loves their voices and singing...)

Yesung and Hyorin definitely were the top two. I would have went with Hyorin by a slight edge just because while watching Yesung perform I kept wanting/expecting him to 'ratchet' up like another level to get maybe a tiny bit louder or build up into a crescendo... He kind of did right at the end of the song, but I felt like during the performance there were a lot of missed opportunities where he could have also done it and it would have added a lot to the song.

This show is really showing off Hyorin and how exceptionally talented she is. I'm glad that at least she is staying for the future. I'd love to see Hyorin and Yesung have a duet in the future though.

BTW, does anyone know if KBS is releasing the performances from this show as digital singles like MBC does with I Am A Singer? I'd really love to pick-up Yesung and Hyorin's from this week.

Guest apple_red

Yesung and Hyorin rockkkksssss w00t.gifw00t.gif

i agree that i wish to see them duets together...in a single or better in album maybe..oh come on producer..dont you smell money here ???

Yesung deserves the win, especially with how he ended the song..but personally i felt touch by his earlier low note..he's so sexy with the low notes...and Hyorin is sooo....rooocccckkkksss...you go girl.. i am not even a fans of GB..but her voice is amazing..

and i still hate how they pick up the winner one by one...

by this rule it seems that Jjong is no 2 while in fact Hyorin and Yesung is neck to neck..

Guest adikkeluangman

“Immortal Song 2″ experiences a drop in viewer ratings

201106120848431112_1.jpg

Just two weeks into its broadcast, KBS’s “Immortal Song 2” met with a sharp drop in viewer ratings, placing last for its time slot overall.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, the show’s newest episode received 6.0% in viewer ratings, a 1.9% drop compared to the last episode, which received 7.9%. The episode saw the departure of artist IU and the addition of SECRET’s Ji Eun.

Other shows within the same time slot, MBC’s “Infinity Challenge“, MBC’s “We Got Married“, and SBS’s “Star King“, both received higher views, at 15.4%, 8.5% and 9.8%, respectively.

PD Kwon Jae Young stated that he had expected the drop beforehand, “The first episode aimed to show what kind of program ‘Immortal Song 2′ was so we made the episode longer than normal. For the second episode, we wanted to show more about the preparation process the singers were going through, so we expected the drop in viewer ratings. We won’t be paying any concern to the viewer ratings and will continue to show what we have as planned.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/immortal-song-2-experiences-a-drop-in-viewer-ratings

Guest adikkeluangman

MBLAQ’s G.O, 2PM’s Junsu, and F.T Island’s Hong Ki joins “Immortal Song 2″

201106141056311001_1.jpg

It was recently reported that idol singers 2PM’s Junsu, F.T Island’s Hong Ki, and MBLAQ’s G.O will be standing on stage of KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Song 2″ as new contestants for the show.

The three new members will be replacing Super Junior’s Yesung, SHINee’s Jonghyun, and B2ST’s Yoseob who have announced their departures last week due to conflicting schedules.

After wrapping up recordings on June 13th, PD Kwon Jae Yong praised the talents of the three new singers, “Admittedly, I did worry a lot, but the three new members came very prepared. The tension was high, and the overall quality of the song arrangements and vocal talents increased.”

In particular, he referenced MBLAQ’s G.O., saying, “I knew G.O was good at singing, but I didn’t think he was this good. He was really brilliant. I think a lot of people will be surprised when it airs.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/mblaqs-g-o-2pms-junsu-and-f-t-islands-hong-ki-joins-immortal-song-2

Guest adikkeluangman

Nam Jin praises SISTAR’s Hyorin for her outstanding vocals

2011061501961_0.jpg

Legendary singer Nam Jin has shown great interest in SISTAR’s Hyorin after watching her stellar performance on KBS2’s Immortal Song 2.

Previously on June 4th, Hyorin awed the audience with her upbeat rendition of Shim Soo Bong’s “That Person Back Then” which vaulted her to the top spot. Even Shim Soo Bong, who was a panelist that day, couldn’t hide her amazement during Hyorin’s performance.

Similarly, singer Nam Jin applauded Hyorin for her vocal talent. He commented, “I wonder what kind of music she performs. It would be great if there were more talented juniors like her.”

Nam Jin was especially surprised when he found out that Hyorin was just 21 years old. “It’s amazing that she can sing with passion and sensitivity at such a young age. She probably spat out blood practicing to reach this level of perfection.”

Other seniors in the music industry like Shim Soo Bong and Boohwal have referred to Hyorin as “The Beyonce of Korea” and “The female rocker,” respectfully.

Meanwhile, Immortal Song 2 will broadcast their third mission with legendary singer Min Hye Kyung on the 25th.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/nam-jin-praises-sistar%E2%80%99s-hyorin-for-her-outstanding-vocals

Guest nightmare.

I love this show so much. This show really shows us the talent of these idols.

For this week episode, I enjoyed Changmin's stage the most. He deserved the first place.

G.O is also great. I know he is a good singer but I didn't know that he is THAT good.

Hyorin is amazing, just like usual. Junsu, Hongki, and Jieun are also good.

After I watched the performances, I did have a feeling that Jieun is going to be the last again today.

Compared to the others, Jieun's performance lacked emotion. Well, that's my opinion. But I have to say that she sings well.

I can't wait for next week's episode.

Guest gauri92

So this show has led to to another discovery.....about how good G.O's vocals actually are!!! that guy...i literally felt tears well up in my eyes during his song, it was that good...

i generally close my eyes and listen to the performances once before actually watching what the singers are doing on stage.....it gives me a good idea of how much emotion one has put into their voice, which is paramount for a singer....

i would have to say that G.O and Hyorin were my favourites (hyorin again...!!!) because it was their songs that affected me the most when i listened to them...

junsu and changmin were good as well....but i just preferred G.O and hyorin....

and poor ji eun...that girl is good but she must be feeling so pressured here.....

can't wait for f.t island to perform as a group next time....hong ki was good here as well...i just love this guy's voice....

oh...and i STILL want that hyorin-yesung duet in the future.....they will rock it!!! though i'd like a hyorin-G.O duet as well now....

Guest timpa

I feel bad for Ji Eun because I like her (and Secret), but I can't with all honestly say that she hasn't deserved where she's been ranked. She hasn't really been singing with much emotion on the show yet and it's been all kind of just one level with her voice in performances. I also think she (or whatever company composer/songwriter she's working with) have done a VERY bad job arranging the songs.

Same thing for Changmin until this week. I thought he's done some bad arrangements in previous shows, but I loved his performance this week.

G.O. was very good as well, I just wish the guy would be more expressive when singing. His face kind of just goes into his stoic "G.O.-like statue" mode.

I'm hoping Ji Eun has a good performance with the covers of Min Hae Kyung's songs so she can at least win one round. In the preview you see her and Hyorin facing off so if that's her first match then she's definitely not advancing next week lol. Hyorin is just so awesome and the composers at her company do such a great job on an almost weekly basis remaking these songs to fit her.

Can a solo album be that far off for her?

Archived