Kim Sae Ron 김새론

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

[MV] Block B(블락비) - JACKPOT(잭팟): http://youtu.be/h4zvN1Pjzn8 The MV is cray cray as expected from them. They still keep the clown concept from previous MV. Not too forget the ending that must be have in their MVs. The girl is young actress Kim Sae Ron.
I don't see movie and drama thread for her new project. Isn't that the VIP premiere for the movie is couple days ago. I remember to see a picture of 2PM member went to the event.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 17, 2014
Cannes 2014 Review: A GIRL AT MY DOOR Is Korean Cinema At Its Finest
Pierce Conran TWITCH FILM
A_Girl_at_My_Door_poster.jpg
Screening in the Cannes Film Festival's Un Certain Regard section this year is A Girl at My Door, a film that is so well-wrought that one can't help but be swept up in its artistry, which effortlessly plunges us into an intellectual reverie. The film features the return of Bae Doo-na, following back-to-back Hollywood blockbusters, and teenage actress Kim Sae-ron. It also boasts Lee Chang-dong as a producer, whose influence over the film will not go unnoticed.

A Girl at My Door stars Bae Doo-na as Young-nam, a police captain who has been forced to transfer to a remote seaside town following an incident in her previous district. There, she meets Do-hee, a precocious teenager who is regularly beaten by her drunkard of a father. Young-nam takes the young girl under her wing but soon, their unusual living arrangements begin to draw scrutiny from the locals. Among other things, this is a work that concerns a society that is content to demonize certain taboos so long as a shroud is maintained over the deep-rooted problems that stare them in the face on a daily basis.
The film opens with the whir of cicadas and the sun beating down on the verdant summer soil as Young-nam drives into a seaside village. Up ahead, Do-hee is playing with a frog by the side of a road. Young-nam drives past, inadvertently easing into a puddle and dousing Do-hee in rainwater. She stops, steps out of the car and they stare at each other for a long beat before Do-hee dashes off into a field. From the outset, an ominous overtone hangs over their inextricable relationship. Shortly thereafter, the film's title appears over a symmetric shot of a sun-drenched field, unmistakably recalling the opening of Bong Joon Ho's Memories of Murder (2003).
A Girl at My Door is a film about relationships and this focus is reflected in the mise-en-scene, which features an abundance of two-shots. On opposite sides of the frame and at an equal distance from the camera, characters perpetually face each other on screen. As they slowly develop their relationship, Young-nam and Do-hee are frequently framed this way. Beyond the height difference of the actresses, there is almost always something in the background that splits the frame in two. Another two-shot between Young-nam and Do-hee's father in the police station also features a barrier, but in this shot, Young-nam breaks through it as she assertively walks towards him, and the camera reframes. She has thrown down the mantle and thus becomes Do-hee's guardian, and the barriers between them (literal and figurative) begin to disappear.
Thoughtfully executed and laden with metaphors, Jung's film is a real treat for anyone not looking to be spoonfed their narratives. One particularly striking image comes early on, when Young-nam follows behind Doo-hee at night, happening upon the sinuous and bushy path that leads to the girl's home. Labyrinthine, the trail is atmospheric and foreboding and as it leads to Doo-hee's poor dwelling, it feels like it's hiding a secret. This image comes full circle later on when Young-nam dashes through the path once more, but this time from Do-hee's home. She winds through it until it opens out on to the expanse of the ocean. As Young-nam reaches the end of the path, she slows, and as we see her from behind, her slender, awkward frame is engulfed by the coast. The truth has been released but now finds itself in vast, uncharted waters. In fact, water frequently appears as a symbol throughout the film.
Bae Doo-na has appeared in some of the most famous films of modern Korean cinema. She possesses a natural sensitivity that has allowed her to incarnate characters operating around the fringes of society. Playing someone who is both at the center of society (as a police officer) and on the very edge of it, Bae excels as Young-nam. Much of A Girl at My Door is shot in closeup and with Bae's keen expressions in the frame, the film is all the better for it.
For her part, Kim Sae-ron has developed a reputation for playing troubled young girls and is no stranger to characters like Do-hee. However, this role called on Kim to show more layers and depth than she has previously done. Her timidity, precociousness, anger and curiosity are each vividly drawn while also feeling part of a well-formed whole. Lastly, Song Sae-byeok hits a career high as the abusive father. Song's awkward and buffoonish characters have been welcome fixtures in Korean comedies, but here he shows a completely new side of himself. His squelching cadence and lanky physicality meld into a magnetic antagonist.
Harder to ascertain is who the brains was behind this magnificent feature. The film's tone owes a great deal to its producer Lee Chang-dong, with a mood that echoes his most recent pictures Secret Sunshine (2007) and Poetry (2010). It so happens that Lee was Jung's teacher at the Korea National University of Arts. The film is also well rounded to a degree that one could scarcely attribute to a neophyte in the director's chair. Elements in the film, such as its feminine touch, certainly denote a different presence behind the lens, but one can't help but wonder what kind of a film Jung will make next, without Lee's guiding hands.
Gripping from start to finish, A Girl at My Door is a film with its fair share of high drama, but unlike most of its Korean compatriots, it never overplays its hand and treats its audience with respect. It may be a little unclear how big of a talent we've just been introduced to in July Jung, but there's no question that her film is the real deal. A Girl at My Door is Korean cinema at its finest.

Variety_zpsab63cb21.jpg

May 15, 2014.Leading Korean Studios Bring Enticing Market.Nemo Kim Variety.com
In contrast to South Korea’s anemic festival presence, things are much brighter on the market side. The big three — CJ, Lotte and Showbox — have plenty to shout about.
CJ E&M brings Un Certain Regard screener “A Girl at My Door,” helmed by July Jung and produced by Lee Chang-dong, and “The Target,” a remake of French “Point Blank” by helmer Chang, to the Croisette. CJ is also screening “No Tears for the Dead,” helmed by Lee Jeong-beom (“The Man From Nowhere”), and historical maritime epic “Roaring Currents,” directed by Kim Han-min. CJ will also show a 3D omnibus film “Mad, Sad, Bad” by three well-known names in the Korean industry, Ryoo Seung-wan (“No Blood, No Tears”), Han Ji-seung (“Papa”) and Kim Tae-yong (“Late Autumn”).
Lotte’s Cannes lineup includes “The Pirates,” an epic set in 14th century Korea; another historical piece, “The Fatal Encounter,” about a murderous plot in the royal palace during the Joseon Dynasty; “Memories of the Sword,” a Joseon period drama about revenge; “Man on High Heels,” about a cold-blooded detective who secretly desires a sex change; and “Manhole,” which features a serial killer who uses the sewer system to abduct his victims.
Showbox’s lineup includes: “A Hard Day,” a thriller about a detective who buries his car accident victim in the same coffin as his mother; historical epic “Kundo: Age of the Rampant”; “Gangnam Blues,” introduced at the Hong Kong FilMart; “The Divine Move,” a noir actioner about professional gamblers; and “We Are Brothers,” a comedy about a Korean-born American adoptee who finds his biological family.
On the independent side, Finecut has a pair of new titles backed by distributor NEW, and Indiestory has short film “Breath” in the Cinefondation section.

May 17, 2014
CJ sells Girl At My Door.By Liz Shackleton ScreenDaily
EXCLUSIVE: Directorial debut of July Jung sells to French distributor Epicentre.
1196177_Girl-At-My-Door.jpg
Korea’s CJ Entertainment has scored an early deal on Un Certain Regard title A Girl At My Door, which has gone to French distributor Epicentre.
Starring Bae Doo-na (Cloud Atlas), the film is produced by Lee Chang-dong (Poetry) and marks the directing debut of July Jung.
The story follows a female police officer exiled to a small seaside town who tries to help a young girl who is being beaten by her father.
Produced by Lee’s Pine House Film and Now Films, the film also stars Kim Sae-ron and Song Sae-byuk.
It receives its world premiere in Un Certain Regard on Monday (May 19).

I just watched her yesterday in A Brand New Life. A sad tale, exquisitely acted by Kim Sae-ron as is her usual output. I've seen her in at least as half dozen projects. A superior talent, without question.  :-bd

oh, @adikkeluangman, thank you for starting the thread for Kim Sae-Ron.  I have loved her ever since I have seen her in "A Brand New Life."  (yes, I totally agree with you,  @robbo4)

Many thanks to @adikkeluangman, @endeavor, @rubie, for all your contributions here.!

I look forward to seeing the movie "A Girl at My Door" as well as her new Drama series starting next month, "High School - Love On."

She is one talented young girl to watch, for sure.  I do not want to miss anything she is in for sure.

Kim Sae-ron to star in "High School" with Woohyun and Lee Seong-yeol

photo435460.jpg

Actress Kim Sae-ron will be the lead actress in the new KBS 2TV drama "High School".

"High School" is a love and growth fantasy romance drama about an angel to became human, while trying to save a male student in danger.

Kim Sae-ron takes on the role of Lee Seul-bi the angel and her co-stars are Infinite's Woohyun and Lee Seong-yeol.

The production has high expectations on Kim Sae-ron. The three stars' romance story is something youths around the same generation can relate to.

Kim Sae-ron has entered the Cannes two times in row with Lee Chang-dong's "A Girl at My Door" and "A Brand New Life".

"High School" will be broadcasted in mid June.

Source: Hancinema

May 20, 2014
Bae Doo-na in Cannes.PYH2014052000470031500_P2.jpg

South Korean Actress Bae Doo-na (2nd from L) attends an event in Cannes, Paris, on May 19, 2014, to showcase the new film "Doohee-ya," the story of a 14-year-old girl suffering from domestic violence with the help of a police officer. From left are director Jung Joo-ri, Bae, actress Kim Sae-rohn and actor Song Sae-byuk. (Yonhap) (END)

May 20, 2014
'A Girl At My Door' rocks Cannes 2014
By Ko Dong-hwan The Korea Times
PEP20140520031201034_P2-450.jpg
"A Girl at My Door,'' a coming-age-film by July Jung, has garnered rapturous applause at the Cannes Film Festival in France.
Slotted in the festival's Un Certain Regard program, the film was screen on Monday, and 120 minutes later, Jung and the film's stars Bae Doo-na, Kim Sae-ron and Song Sae-byuk was soaking in a lengthy standing ovation from the audience.
Bae starts as Yeongnam, a woman who tries to rescue Dohee (Kim) from her abusive father Yongha (Song). Yeongnam eventually discovers that she needs the school girl more than the school girl needs her.
Clarence Tsui from Hollywood Reporter rated director Jung's screenplay highly. Mark Adams from Screen Daily thought it was the actors that carried the bleak but poignant drama.
Director of Film Department and Deputy General Delegate Christian Jeune said he was impressed by the film's casts, especially Kim, whom he said he hoped to see in the next festival.
The film will open in Korean theaters on Thursday. 

She has blossomed into such a beautiful young lady... I love her photo in Cannes...

Added new stills, press images and videos for the Korean movie 'A Girl at My Door'

photo437725.jpg

A Girl at My Door:  Official International Trailer

"A Girl at My Door" (2014)

Directed by Jeong Joo-ri-I

With Bae Doona, Kim Sae-ron, Song Sae-byeok, Kim Jin-goo, Son Jong-hak, Gong Myeong,...

Formerly known as "Do-hee"
Synopsis
Little girl, Do-hee (Kim Sae-ron) is pushed to the end of her life, chief police Yeong-nam (Bae Doona) tries to protect her and so does her step father, Yong-ha (Song Sae-byeok). Yeong-nam experiences a case that turns her wholel world apart by meeting Do-hee.

Festival
Cannes 2014 - Un Certain Regard

Release date in Korea : 2014/05/22

photo437722.jpg

photo437721.jpg

photo437724.jpg

photo437723.jpg

Source: Hancinema

Source: MaxMovie
new_cannes2014_doheeya_1.jpg
Source: Yonhap
PYH2014052101500031500_P2.jpg
South Korean actress Bae Doo-na (L) poses at a beach in Cannes, France, on May 20, 2014. Bae is in Cannes to showcase the new film "Doohee-ya," the story of a 14-year-old girl recovering from domestic violence with the help of a police officer. From left are Bae, actor Song Sae-byuk, actress Kim Sae-rohn and director Jung Joo-ri. (Yonhap) (END)

May 22, 2014
Source: The ChosunIlbo
2014052200497_0.jpg
Actresses Kim Sae-ron (left) and Bae Doo-na pose during a photo call at the 67th Cannes International Film Festival in France on Tuesday. /AP-Newsis Actresses Kim Sae-ron (left) and Bae Doo-na pose during a photo call at the 67th Cannes International Film Festival in France on Tuesday. /AP-Newsis

Image_en_3_522a100f4f13d.png

May 23, 2014
Cannes Takes to A GIRL AT MY DOORKorean Drama Bows in Un Certain Regard by Pierce Conran KOFIC
July JUNG’s debut feature A Girl at My Door had its world premiere in the Un Certain Regard section of the 67th Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, May 19th. The film was enthusiastically received on the Croisette following its red carpet premiere, with director JUNG and stars BAE Doo-na, KIM Sae-ron and SONG Sae-byeok in attendance. The screening at the Theatre Debussy was followed by a three-minute standing ovation. Trade newspapers quickly published positive reviews following the film’s debut screening. Screen Daily’s Mark Adams called A Girl at My Door ‘a resolutely left-field and refreshingly off-kilter dram.’ Maggie LEE, writing for Variety, wrote that the film was a ‘wrenching drama’, and offered particular praise for the cast, referring to BAE’s performance as both ‘towering and frail’ and deeming young star KIM ‘electrifying’. Film Business Asia’s Derek Elley was also quick to praise KIM, for sliding ‘convincingly through a range of personas.’ CJ Entertainment released A Girl at My Door to day in Korean theaters (May 22nd), The film is produced by brothers LEE Changdong and LEE Joon-dong for Pinehouse Films.

May 21, 2014
A Girl at My Door's July Jung
By Kevin Ma Film Business Asia
Starring BAE Du-na 배두나 | 裵斗娜 and KIM Sae-ron 김새론 | 金賽綸, A Girl at My Door 도희야 had its world premiere this week in the Un Certain Regard section of the Cannes Film Festival. Director July JUNG 정주리 talks to Film Business Asia about her directorial debut.
How did Lee Chang-dong become involved as the producer of the film?I was a student at The Korean National University of Arts 한국예술종합학교, and Lee Chang-dong was a professor. When I finished school, there was an industry cooperation programme with the school and CJ Entertainment Inc CJ엔터테인먼트 that included a competition for script treatments. My treatment was one of the five finalists there, but it wasn't chosen in the end. Lee was responsible for the competition, and he said that the fact that my treatment wasn't chosen meant that it had to be made. This is how we began working together.
What kind of influence did Lee have on your film?My film's universe doesn't quite exist in the same universe as Lee Chang-dong's films, but he did give one very important advice: Find a proper rhythm and then maintain it. That's the best advice he gave me for making a feature film. Lee was also the director I admired the most, so that's why you may have seen some similarities in my film.

Kim Sae-ron is an experienced actress, but also a very young actress with a very complex character in the film. How did you direct her?I talked a lot with Sae-ron because Do-hui is a very multi-dimensional character with two sides. Sae-ron has to understand what Do-hui feels. I cannot tell you about every conversation that I had with her, but I can say that we talked a lot. I told Sae-ron to imagine a girl who has never been loved by anyone. I asked her to imagine how that girl would feel when she finally meets someone in her life who can take care of her.

May 23, 2014
Kim Sae-ron posts selfie after visiting Cannes
By Kim Min-jin, Intern reporter The Korea Herald

20140523000748_0.jpg
Korean actress Kim Sae-ron posted selfies on Twitter Thursday.
The 15-year-old posted five pictures of herself on the plane. Along with the pictures, she wrote, “Such nice weather. Feels so good!”
Kim starred in filmmaker July Jung’s feature debut “A Girl at My Door,” which was invited to the Un Certain Regard section of this year’s Cannes International Film Festival.
Kim visited Cannes to promote the movie and returned to Korea on Wednesday. 
She is expected to meet her fans in a month with the new KBS2 drama “High school-Love on.” Her new movie, “Manhole,” is expected to be released this summer as well.

May 23, 2014
‘Dohee-ya’ to be released in France
By Lee Hyun-jeong The Korea Herald

Korean movie “Dohee-ya (A Girl at My Door)” will be released in France amid growing interest in Cannes, officials said Friday. 
French film company Epicentre will distribute the movie no later than this year, the company said. It will be provided to about 60 movie theaters in the country, it added. 
20140523001193_0.jpg
(OSEN)
Dohee-ya has been invited to the Cannes Film Festival as part of the non-competitive section, and been highly praised by film critics. 
The movie, starring Bae Doo-na and 15-year-old Kim Sae-ron, shows an encounter between a police woman and a mysterious girl who was abused by her family. 
The U.K. and Italy also decided to distribute Dohee-ya. Distribution negotiations are also underway in Japan, sources said. 

Korean actors on A Girl at My Door

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSI1MjAxNC8wNS8yNC8wNS8wMi80

By Kevin Ma

Sat, 24 May 2014, 20:00 PM (HKT)

FILM BUSINESS ASIA
Talent Feature

After its world premiere at the Cannes Film FestivalFilm Business Asia sat down withBAE Du-na 배두나 | 裵斗娜KIM Sae-ron 김새론 | 金賽綸 and SONG Sae-byeok 송새벽 | 宋詩曦 (pictured left to right), the stars of July JUNG 정주리's A Girl at My Door 도희야 to discuss what drew them to the intense drama, the atmosphere on the set and working with a first-time director.

What attracted you to your respective characters?
Song: Who would ever be attracted to my character?! The script was clear and easy to understand. I was joking about my character just now, but the script was very well-written, so I decided to join the film.

Kim: Perhaps the main reason is when I first read the script and saw the character Do-hui, I just felt instantly that this is something I must do. I should be this character.

Bae: There are several reasons that I decided to do this movie. First of all, the script was very well-written. It's very spacious and imaginative. So I was attracted to the script and the director. Also, my character Yeong-nam is a difficult character, very challenging. So I felt very fond of working on such a challenging character. I also fell in love with the Do-hui character. I could understand the loneliness of each character. It's been a while since I took on a realistic character, but I really enjoyed working on this film.

There are some very difficult scenes in the film, such as the abuse scenes. How did you approach them on the set?
Song: It was a very difficult matter for me. When I first read the script, I wondered how I could do such scenes. I was curious and worried about how it would be portrayed in the film. But one day, I spoke to Sae-ron, and she told me not to worry and just play my character. The mood on the set was also very caring, so that too helped me a lot.

Kim: For the scenes in which I get beaten up, I wasn't worried at all. I felt that I could do it, and I didn't find them that difficult.

Bae: She's very professional.

Kim: Do-hui seems very fragile, but she is also sometimes very mysterious and scary inside. That was the difficult thing for me to act.

Bae: Luckily, I didn't have that many difficult scenes. We just tried to help each other a lot on set, especially Sae-ron because she's underage and we have to protect her.

As experienced actors, how does it feel to work with this first-time director?
Song: The script was very clear, and I could really imagine its look. When I saw the film for the first time, it was very similar to the original script. When I first met the director, she was a very quiet and shy person. I was surprised because the script had so many rough scenes. But when she's at work, she's a very passionate person. So I'm looking forward to her next film.

Bae: I've worked with a few first-time directors, such as BONG Joon-ho 봉준호 | 奉俊昊 when I did Barking Dogs Never Bite 플란다스의 개 (2000). Actually, I quite enjoy working with first-time directors because they don't order you about or tell you what you should do. They're very collaborative. They enjoy studying the possibilities of the film with you. So I really like that. Actually, July may be a first-time director, but she has very strong opinions inside her. She's very clever, and she's a talented writer, so it wasn't so difficult to work with her. She seems very calm, but she has a storm in her mind. I think the film represents her very well. It seems very calm, but it has a strong personality.

Kim Sae-ron, you've already acted in three very strong film roles at a young age. What other characters would you like to play?
Kim: If acting is like school, then acting difficult roles is like studying maths. If you don't master maths, then you can't move on to the next grade. I don't think I've mastered difficult roles yet. So I don't think I can set any limits about what kind of characters I want to play yet. But maybe I would like to play a happy, bright character since it's so different from what I've played before.

Bae Du-na. You've worked in South Korea, Japan and Hollywood. What is unique about the film sets in the countries you've worked in?
Bae: There are some differences between the three countries. The Hollywood system is quite comfortable and convenient. Everything is very systematic, so it's very easy to work in, like 9-to-5 work. It's very efficient and timely. In the South Korean industry, the film sets are quite opposite. But I really love working on Korean films. There's always a lot of passion and intensity on the set, and a lot of creative power comes from that intensity. I think Japanese film sets are somewhere in between the two.

Archived