What the hell are "childish foods" and "childish ways"?

NPB-XK

According to your mom or somebody else...
Does it happen to you that your mom (or someone else) told you that some foods you eat are "childish foods"? Or your way of eating is childish? Share your stories.

In my case, ever since I've lived on my own, I could buy whatever the hell I want or eat anyway I like to eat.

But whenever my mom visits me, this is the list of what seems to be childish to her:

- Juice boxes.

- A can of soft drink left opened in the fridge.

- Cooking and eating directly in the wok/casserole/etc.

- Bubble Tea or any drinks that require straws.

- Croissant sandwiches.

- Fast foods or some simple frozen meals.

- Eating fries with chopsticks.

- Drinking from a bottle even if it's a beer bottle (must pour in a cup of glass to make it seem "not-so-childish-anymore").

- Refill an empty bottle of water with juice.

- Some cereals like Lucky Charms, Reese, Nesquick, etc.

- Nesquick syrup or powder for drinks.

- Etc...

So many things seem childish to her and I got tired of arguing with her about all that to the point I could no longer care when she thinks that something is childish.

What about you? Any "childish foods" according to your mom or someone else?

Guest christelle-g

Yes I think she said it to me and my dad.

Can remember which food right now but she definitely said it "childish foods"...in Vietnamese though :sweatingbullets:

Happy Meal, Kids Meals, Kids Menu. Portions are smaller obviously and I like my portions big. The only time I've been kinda called a child is when I eat mango pudding and ice cream at a restaurant.

Guest Chocolate_Truffle

I can't remember being told that I eat childish foods but I get told that I need to dress more my age (I'm 23 and apparently being 23 and wearing jeans and t-shirts is childish lmfao). <_<

I love "childish" foods. :D

Guest Montblonc

I would stare if someone past middle school was eating cheese strings (do those still exist nowadays?).

Guest nobody knows

I would stare if someone past middle school was eating cheese strings (do those still exist nowadays?).

LOVE THOSE

last time I had it was .. sometime last month, my art teacher gave me some in class P:

for us, food is food, and there's nothing really "childish" (my mom likes stuff like gummy bears cos she thinks it's cute soo)

but childish habits-- saving the best for last

like picking out the meat and putting it to the side so we can eat the goodness all at once hahaah

I still do that

or just picking foods out in general (I put out the green peppers cos I don't like them)

also adding BBQ sauce on everything. it just makes everything taste better D:

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Eating cereal for dinner lol...My mom says that I'm still such a kid, but I like to think I'm just too lazy and too broke to cook for myself.

Guest LibraZebra

My mom doesn't really refer to any foods as childish. Maybe like animal crackers or something, but she eats them anyway haha.

Guest Daylightful

Whaaa? I feel like frozen foods and fastfood is the life of a college student. :sweatingbullets:

For me are probably giant cookies, juice boxes, and Lunchables!

Guest winterofdiscontent

My mum considers it childish that I sometimes cut the crusts off my sandwiches.

• 3 weeks later...

My mom doesn't call it "childish" or anything, but she nags at a lot of my food habits because they can easily contract bacteria, like leaving a half-empty pop can uncovered in the freezer (to make slush)

We don't have those new style freezers where there's two sections for raw meat and others. It's just a one-shelf freezer so she's really paranoid about me leaving open-food in there

asking for a fork and spoon at an asian restaurant. xD

it`s kinda embarrassing cuz i`m chinese and it`s pretty much expected that you know how to use chopsticks effectively.

then sometimes i get dirty looks by the waiters/waitresses. -_-

Archived