DETAILS

Genre: Melodrama, romance

Episodes: 100+

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2011-May-16 to TBA

Air time: Monday to Friday 19:15

Preceding series: Pure Pumpkin Flower

SYNOPSIS

This drama deals with two family's fate and love related to a child birth accident.

CAST

Lee Chang Hoon as Chae Hyuk Jin

Choi Won Young as Yoon Min Joon

Oh Yoon Ah as Go Hyun Sung

Lee Young Eun as Oh Shin Young

Hyuk Jin's family

Jung Dong Hwan as Chae Dae Pil

Park Joon Geum as Mrs. Jang

Baek Min Hyun as Chae Woo Jin

Kim Jin Woo as Chae Hwan Hee

Min Joon's family

Kim Ha Kyoon as Yoon Hwang Goo

Song Ok Sook as Na Pil Boon

Lee Sung Yeol as Yoon So Joon

Hyun Sung's family

Kim Hak Chul as Go Kyung Ho

Ahn Hae Sook as Lee Hye Ja

Shin Young's family

Kang Ye Sol as Oh Shin Hye

Lee Duk Hee as Shin Sook Hee

Other people

Ahn Ji Hyun as Maeng Hyun Jo

CORRELATION CHART

whilesleepingchart.jpg

PRODUCTION CREDITS

Director: Park Kyung Ryul

Screenwriter: Ma Joo Hee

EPISODE RATINGS

click here credits TNS Media

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C51236

Oh Yoon-ah cast for SBS daily series "While You Were Sleeping"

ohyuna.jpg

Actress Oh Yoon-ah has been cast for new SBS daily series, "While You Were Sleeping"

She has been cast in "While You Were Sleeping", a follow up of "Pumpkin Flower" along with So Yoo-jin as the lead characters.

This drama deals with two family's fate and love related to a child birth accident and Oh Yoon-ah is gynecologist Ko Hyeon-seong.

Hyeon-seong is a confident woman who has been running straight for her dream but sacrifices herself for her family and marries Hyeok-jin (Lee Chang-hoon). However, after her marriage, she meets her first love (Choi Won-yeong) and falls into dilemma between the two men.

"While You Were Sleeping" has a cast of "Oh Yoon-ah, So Yoo-jin, Lee Chang-hoon, Choi Won-yeong and others.

credits HanCinema

----------------

'Little Song Seung-heon' Baek Min-hyun lead cast for SBS daily drama "While You Were Sleeping"

[Cookie Entertainment] Baek Min-hyun, also known as 'little Song Seung-heon' has been cast for new SBS drama "While You Were Sleeping".

"While You Were Sleeping" (written by Ma Joo-hee, produced by Park Kyeong-ryeol) is about a story of birth between two families. Baek Min-hyun is Chae Woo-jin the second son of a food company. He is a simple character who enjoys soju at a street stall.

His management revealed, "The crew was looking for a new sophisticated face and they decided on Baek Min-hyun. His appearance and steady acting unlike a rookie earned him points and landed him in the role of Chae Woo-jin".

He was also chosen as a model at the 'Lee Joo-young designer fashion show' for his amazing body. He is also hot in the advertisement industry. He will go into shoot for KT, Hyundai Capital, CJ Tour le Jours and other enterprises.

New SBS daily drama "While You Were Sleeping" will be first broadcasted on the 15th of May.

credits HanCinema

-----------------

Stills

ojmbq.jpg

wserty.jpg

pjgfxj.jpg

opklwee.jpg

huihl.jpg

credits nate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jessikai

I have to admit, the drama's plot doesn't really appeal to me that much, and it's a daily drama, so it will also be dragged A LOT. But I will try it out. Why? Because of Sungyeol :wub: He's not even a main character...but I need my precious Sungyeol fix, so I'll get it any way I can.

tumblr_ll2e3oGC8H1qc32n5o1_500.jpg

Yoon Sojun (17) Lee Sungyeol

Minjun’s younger brother.

A younger brother of Minjun with the age gap of 19 years; the late born.

The studious, good-looking student of his high school. The highly anticipated one in the family and is prized for being a future law student at S University.

trans. cr; jiwon @ infinite updates; take out with full credits

source cr; SBS While You Were Sleeping Site

Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

I love Oh Yoon Ah! Ahhh... but this is a 100 + daily drama and I don't know if I have the time to keep up with everything... but I'll be sure to check back on this forum for any more updates! (Although it looks kind of barren at this moment... D:)

Guest C51236

Lee Young Eun, “I am Scared About My Image Change… Looking Forward to the Viewer Ratings”

May 15, 2011

Lee Young Eun talked about her image change.

The press conference for new drama “While You Were Asleep” took place on the 13th at Mok Dong SBS.

In the drama, Lee Young Eun is Oh Shin Young, who woke up after falling into coma. Lee Young Eun, who usually acted as the bright and optimistic character up until now, seeks to change her image by acting as a wife who wants revenge since her husband was stolen from her.

Lee Young Eun said “I am kind of scared for this image change because I’m familiar with my bright characters but I will try my best so that the viewers can appreciate my acting and enjoy my new image.”

Since her character is a wife who seeks revenge after getting her husband stolen, it can’t be helped that she will be compared to Jang Suh Hee. However, Lee Young Eun said “I’m not pressured by the previous work that was similar to mine but rather I’m more motivated to show a different character than the one that my fans are familiar with.”

She said that acting out the role of a pregnant woman was the hardest. Lee Young Eun said “I think that viewers will like this drama since it is fast paced and a lot of interesting stuff happen in every episode. But I always think this way and the reactions from the viewers are not as kind. I hope they’re not as mean to this drama.”

http://www.askactor.com/gossip/Lee-Young_Eun-_-I_am_Scared_About_My_Image_Change-_Looking_Forward_to_the_Viewer_Ratings-/

You can watch the episodes here @ joonmedia. the links are from tudou.

http://joonmedia.tv/videos/series/1973

Guest C51236

here's a recap of the first 2 episodes.. i probably forgot some scenes. it's mainly of the 4 leads and their relations to each other

EPISODE 1

So the drama starts off with Shin Young (Lee Young Eun) in the hospital, her eyes opened but it seems like she's in a coma or something. Hyun Sung (Oh Yoon Ah) comes in and says she's sorry and leaves. SY's husband, Yoon Min Joon (Choi Won Young) leaves afterwards. SY sheds tears.

The drama flashes backwards to before SY's accident. She's currently pregnant and is the doteful daughter-in-law and wife. She works at the same hospital that HS works at. HS is a doctor. SY is a nutritionalist?

HS is married to Chae Hyuk Jin (Lee Chang Hoon) but he's having an affair with Oh Shin Hye (Kang Ye Sol). SH may be related to SY, her sister perhaps? HS and HJ have a son (Kim Jin Woo).

HS gets a msg from SH to meet her. On her way out she's about to run SY off the street. SY was crossing the street at the hospital to meet MJ.

EPISODE 2

HS manages to avoid hitting SY. As she's about to get out of the car she sees MJ run to SY. HS and MJ used to be lovers but they broke up. Before MJ gets to the car to see HS behind the wheel, she drives off. Flashback it's not HS's first time having hit-n-run issues. Apparently she hit a man & possibly killed him during her resident years. MJ covered for her.

HS meets with the mistress, SH, and they have some words. HS goes home and acts as if nothing happened. Hyuk Jin gets a pic text of him and Shin Hye kissing.

HS tries to compensate SY but SY doesn't accept the money. I dont know if SY knows that HS was the one who almost hit her with car. There's an issue at the hospital where a woman is attacking HS. SY tries to mediate and this is when MJ who comes looking for his wife sees HS at the hospital.

oh boy ... wht's with the guy wearing pink/peachy? pants with that shoes at the conference ... :crazy:  i think i see c-subs release for this. might check this out if i have time.

thanks for the recaps! =)

Archived