Are you the type to easily fall for the "great presentations"?

NPB-XK

But "ugly" for those who noticed the flaws or real facts
Just like in Business Marketing.

They make some fancy presentations about their products that are not impossible to work.

Keywords: not impossible.

Which means, it's still possible to make them work, but it doesn't mean it will always work just like how it's presented. There could be many factors that we could add in, making it work, or making it not work at all.

So...

Are you the type to easily be convinced about something from fancy presentations?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

You see, I know someone who came up with his own plans of making money online. His plans work although they require a lot of hard works, motivation, ambition, etc. He decided to share his plans to others but by making money from it. He doesn't share his deepest ideas (of course) but he shares about how you could have your own ideas and make them put to work for $$$. In other words, he's "guiding" you. He makes even more money if people buy his sets of CDs. I was amazed at the number of people who bought his CDs. So many of them understood his ways of making money but couldn't pull them off, so out of frustrations, they call him a SCAMMER.

Here's the part that might entertain you. His presentation of convincing people to buy his CDs is how it happened (truth revealed but I cannot mention his name nor website, out of his respect and he's not alone "faking" things):

He made a video walking outside of his nice house and garage. He said he's about to move out into a bigger and prettier house. He refused to show the inside of his house because "his girlfriend was sleeping" on a couch and that it's all messy before moving out (while the truth is that it was his mom inside the house and no one was moving out). Before the video, he borrowed his friends' sport cars and put them all in the garage and parking lot. In the video, he said he owned all of those cars because of how rich he has become (and he was smart enough to blur out the plate numbers). He took the keys and went inside every cars and start their engines and show it off in the camera. On his website, he also made online friends who agreed to be part of his testimonials (I think they got paid though, at least). Although he did make some money online, he still used a method of exaggerating his income by editing his clickbank incomes using the javascript code in the URL to edit + screen capture (no photoshop required at all). He said he got way more people buying his CDs after all of those presentations.

For someone like me when I was a noob in business, it was hard for me to believe there would still be a lot of people easily falling for this "easy to do" thing... Something not honestly mentioned is... "It might be easy once you learn and understand about it, but what's hard is... at the beginning, it will always still take lots of freaking efforts and you need to be equipped of ideas and build a huge network of connection with people and all... Some people are not motivated enough for that"...

excl.gifexcl.gifexcl.gifexcl.gifexcl.gif

At the end, if you really want to convince at least someone, you'd need to pull off a fancy presentation. :w00t: I've seen this happen in this post (for instance) and the person above was CONVINCED:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/361412-confusing-math-equation/page__view__findpost__p__17085436

I think using the X as replacement makes it quite "fancy and sophisticated" for some if you wanna show your argument.

But the person applied the PEMDAS/BEDMAS way. Plus, the person has set it equal to 2, AND 228 rather than 288 which is pretty cool, considering that we're supposed to have no idea where that 228 came from in that fancy presentation. But then again, if the person used the "fancy" X presentation with the standard order of operations, it would favor the 288 answer.

Let's not argue about what I've presented above and share your experiences when it comes to things like that!

I saw a pretty mind-blowing plan to getting rich the other day.

1. Come up with grand idea

2. Put into production

3. ????

4. PROFIT!

The plan itself is not impossible. In fact, pretty sure that's how a lot of things go.

The fact that each step is so explicitly laid out shows that the presenter is very organized and has thought things through clearly.

I would invest in his cause.

At the end, if you really want to convince at least someone, you'd need to pull off a fancy presentation.  :w00t: I've seen this happen in this post (for instance) and the person above was CONVINCED:

http://www.soompi.co...st__p__17085436

I think using the X as replacement makes it quite "fancy and sophisticated" for some if you wanna show your argument.

But the person applied the PEMDAS/BEDMAS way. Plus, the person has set it equal to 2, AND 228 rather than 288 which is pretty cool, considering that we're supposed to have no idea where that 228 came from in that fancy presentation. But then again, if the person used the "fancy" X presentation with the standard order of operations, it would favor the 288 answer.

Let's not argue about what I've presented above and share your experiences when it comes to things like that!

Oh, I remember that. :lol:

Some people are convinced because someone else is convinced. Some don't think "wait, I don't have enough experience to even decide anything about it" and they instead think that if someone else can do it, they also can do it.

I know there are many times I've seen people sell something to an audience with no experience, but I can only think of a time in which I needed to do a presentation for a class and one guy had convinced himself that he was correct even though I schooled him on the subject and he told us that we needed to say what he wanted to say!

The others had no problem with it, but when it came to my part, I told the audience what I knew. They were convinced that what my teammates were saying was correct, but it also looked like they understood what I was telling them.

One of the things I think at all times is to never lie to the audience. If the audience wants to know something, you let it know.

Archived