[Anime] Anohana

Guest -elly

Guest -elly

We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day

107jog7.jpg

あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai

Plot

Once, there was a group of close childhood friends. However, by the time they entered high school, they had grown apart from each other. These are: Jin-tan - The hikikomori. Anaru - She just wants to hang out with her girlfriends. Yukiatsu and Tsuruko - These two are proper school-going students. Poppo - Rather than enter high school, he had opted to do some travelling. Menma - The one unchanging constant of the group. One day, Menma meets Jin-tan and asks him to fulfil her wish. For this, these widely separated companions gather once more.

source

Characters

v8k4cl.jpg

(from left to right) Jintan, Popo, Anaru, Menma, Yukitasu, Tsuruko 

------------------------------------------------------------------

ah, i really like this anime. it's ridiculously long name is what caught my attention first, haha. i saw a 'blurb spot' about it on telly, but i never expected it to have its level of depth. even though only two episodes are out subbed, i feel like it's going to require a lot of tissues...^^;;

Guest Special Ed

I'm curious about Menma's cause of _________ and the big falling out that followed. Most of the characters (Jintan, Anaru, Yuki) seem to feel guilty and believe that they were the ones who caused it to happen.

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

^agreed.

I do look forward to this show every week. I wonder what really happen and how did she died. I have sooooooo many questions that need to be answer by the anime. I have a feeling all Jinta and Yuki likes Menma. Makes me wonder what is Menma's wish. I think this anime only has 11 episode. Thats sad. Spring anime are soo short.

Guest -elly

well, i'm guessing her death has to do with water...they keep flash-backing to that bucket and the creek/stream jintan is shown to run away to. also, i guess we can just let loose on the spoilers seeing as anyone who watches the first episode can figure out menma dies. 

anybody have an hunches to menma's last wish? i think she just wants to see her friends make amends. 

well, i'm guessing her death has to do with water...they keep flash-backing to that bucket and the creek/stream jintan is shown to run away to. also, i guess we can just let loose on the spoilers seeing as anyone who watches the first episode can figure out menma dies. 

anybody have an hunches to menma's last wish? i think she just wants to see her friends make amends. 

^thats what I was thought too.

Guest -elly

EP04:

*quoted image*

Yup.

WTH? i can't even....o.o"

why? 

i knew Yukitasu had issues from the start, but why on earth would he shave his legs to cross dress as his deceased friend? O_o

I just finish watching the lastest ep.

Yukiatsu is soo weird, but what can I say. Chiriko is right. He is obsessed with Menma. I'm guessing that both him and Jinta liked her alot. That is probably why both of them cannot forget her. Mann, his version of Menma is so manly compare to Jinta's Menma. Now I'm more curious about each of their thoughts on Menma. I wonder if Chiriko likes Yukiatsu just like how Anaru likes Jinta.

Is it me or does anyone feel the same way as I do?

Whenever the ending song appears right when a good scene is ending my hearts skips a beat like a sad beat. Somehow when the anime is ending I feel really really sad.

Guest -elly

ahhhh...i just noticed how comforting/nostalgic the opening theme is lol :3

thoughts on epi5, anyone?

loving anaru comparing jintan to yamanda from hey!say!jump XD haha...

Guest chopper!

i knew yukiatsu was so weird the moment he sniffed menma's dress. for such a young boy, he has some major issues o_o

its been a while since i cried in an anime. first two ep made me tear a bit :"(

Guest Special Ed

So Yukiatsu only served as a temporary distraction to perhaps the real two with the real issues: Poppo and Tsuruko.

So far they've been the ones who haven't "changed" since Menma's death. The "carefree" one and the "calm" one. Ep 5 definitely showed a very uncomfortable side to Poppo. And then this ep just screamed Tsuruko issues from her personality, her relationship towards Yukiatsu, her Menma drawings, the hairpin.

sooo...yukiatsu thinks he killed Menma. I knew that yukiatsu likes Menma. Its obvious that Jintan in Menma likes each other. Now I'm wondering why Poppo and Tsuruko are like acting strange. Hmm...something must have happened to them. I feel bad for Yukiatsu since he tried really hard and it seem like the girls somehow likes Jintan more.

I can't tell if Menma is Jintan's hallucination or it's really her ghost. But I'm looking forward to all of them reuniting.

Jintan, Yukiatsu, and Anaru are blaming themselves for Menma's death but nothing from Poppo and Tsuruko. That's a bit odd.

Whenever Menma starts crying, blah, I want to cry, it's heartbreaking.

Guest Anonazn

Dang, I've been addicted to this anime ever since my friend showed it to me last month. 

It's been great so far, haven't cried yet, but I do like the direction its going. Definitely one of, if not the best this season :D

Guest K_a_n

Definitely one of the best series of this season aside from Hanasaku Iroha and Ao no Exorcist for me. Want more Tsuruko!

The interactions between Jintan and Anaru are so realistic that it's kind of scary, though in a good way. :)

Guest Special Ed

I am honestly only interested in Tsuruko at this point. Theres definitely gotta be something up with her but the show is keeping it under wraps, for good reasons I hope. I do want them to develop her character more, and don't just leave it hanging considering theres only so many eps left and they do have a lot to unveil.

Guest Irysinon

Anohana is seriously the best series this season next to (in my mind) Steins;Gate and C. The direction is what I'm most impressed with. The emotional intensity when given the appropriate situations are so well done. Of course my favourite character is Yadomi. He's the one I can relate to the most (with the exception of his ability to see a ghost). Each episode only gets better. Episode 8 had a top tier ending. I'm not so hung up on Yadomi's awkward friendship with Anjou like so many viewers are. Anyway, I can't wait to see what everyone's judgment of Yadomi is gonna be like, because of the mini revelation.

Omg...Episode 8 has in me in tears.

I feel soo sad for Menma and Yadomi.

No one believes him and always saying dumb things.

Yukiatsu needs to take a chill pill.

Can't wait to see what happen in the next ep. Kind of sad how there is no preview =(

It makes me wonder if Menma is really disappearing in the next ep and I'm curious why

Menma called everyone out that day except Yadomi.

Archived