Circle Lenses okay for people w/ astigmatism?

Guest Pearl_Hearts

Guest Pearl_Hearts

I have always had an interest in circle lenses. However, my eyesight is extremely poor (-8.00 and -9.00) as well as I have astigmatism. I know that there are circle lenses for people with non-perfect vision. However, would it be okay to wear them if I have astigmatism? Thanks :)

Guest Pandarah

They looked fine for me back in the day even though my eyes are kind of uneven.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16649_370719125382_857260382_10157952_1390539_n.jpg

I think you should consult with your optometrist or someone who works in a glasses store before purchasing them though, just to be safe.

They have toric circle lenses which are for people with astigmatism. I have horrible eyesight and astigmatism as well, so I need to buy toric lenses.

It should be fine if you get those kind of lenses. :3 Although, I agree you should maybe check with your optometrist first.

Just wondering, do you just wear glasses or contact lenses?

If you only wear glasses, then you need to know your astigmatism contact lens prescription.

Guest Pearl_Hearts

I wear contacts. >< How would I know which brands have the toric circle lenses? Would it be more expensive? D:

Ah, hmmm I usually buy mine from PinkCon, but there's many other circle lens sites you can get it from as well.

http://www.pinkcon.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72&zenid=c6nofst2jdpcqponla3avi8mr4

^That is their toric circle lens section, and it's a combination of all the different brands that have them.

Unfortunately, toric circle lenses are way more expensive. Dx

I hope this helps, though! ^^

Guest x stylejjang

can people with astigmatism just wear regular circle lens ?

& my bc for my reg contacts are 8.7 can i still wear 8.6 since most bc for circle lens are 8.6?

yes, people with astigmatism can still wear circle lenses. My astig power is near -3.00 yet I still wear circle lenses...just with my glasses of course :S Therefore my circle lenses aren't prescribed n__n I know some soompiers have astig and wear prescribed circle lenses, you just have to change the power and that is kind of difficult. Then there's toric lens, pricey but better.

(Why... wasn't this posted in the circle lens thread?...) Your SPH(sphere)/power doesn't really matter, in terms of having astigmatism and wearing regular contacts.

You want to look at how severe your astigmatism is, not your nearsightedness or farsightedness. That is, look at your CYL (cylinder). The more severe your astigmatism (aka. the higher your CYL), the more likely it is you'll have to stick with toric lenses. o:

~ Mild Astigmatism-less than 1.00 diopters

~ Moderate Astigmatism-from 1.00 to 2.00 diopters

~ Severe Astigmatism-from 2.00 to 3.00 diopters

~ Extreme Astigmatism-greater than 3.00 diopters

That being said, I have mild astigmatism (CYL -0.50/-0.50), and asked my doc about regular contacts. He said go for it, so I wear regular circle lenses. :] The most sure way to know, though is to ask your eyecare professional.

And here're are all the shops I know of with toric circle lenses available for order: D'Beauty Shop, E-Circlelens, CircleLens, Get Your Lenses (and also here), KK Circle Lenses, I Love Circle Lenses, Byzantine Collection, and SoftLensEye.

Also, if you do a pre-order for a brand that has toric circle lenses (and virtually every brand does), then you can likely order them that way (and usually for less). For instance, you could ask shops doing EOS pre-orders (Nurin Lens and Cute Dolly Eyes, for examples for EOSs) what their price is for torics. And Vivid Beauty, Eyeful Tower have fair prices for Geo torics. And there are a lot more pre-orders out there~.

Guest Kirei_BoA

I think EOS has a wide variety. GEO offers a small selection. Just look up toric circle lenses and you'll find them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kimchifuu

I wear ordinary circle lenses without prescription and they fit me just fine. ^^ Although I did go to my optometrist and got my prescription and all. I know people with slight astigmatism can wear ordinary circle lenses, but would it work if say, my cyl power was -4.00? (sph power is -5.00) I know it's probably gonna be a bit blurry, but if I get normal prescripted circle lenses as opposed to toric ones, would I input my sphere power or my cylinder power?

• 9 months later...
Guest StaceySmilee

I have always had an interest in circle lenses. However, my eyesight is extremely poor (-8.00 and -9.00) as well as I have astigmatism. I know that there are circle lenses for people with non-perfect vision. However, would it be okay to wear them if I have astigmatism? Thanks :)

Heyy, I have bad eyesight too and i also have astigmatism. But it is fine to wear circle lenses. I'm wearing them right now under my glasses and it doesn't harm your eyes. I have GEO lenses. You can always get lenses from....Circlelenses.com

Guest StandingWayward

I only have astigmatism in my right eye...would I be able to buy right/left contacts separately or do they always come in pairs?

I wear ordinary circle lenses without prescription and they fit me just fine. ^^ Although I did go to my optometrist and got my prescription and all. I know people with slight astigmatism can wear ordinary circle lenses, but would it work if say, my cyl power was -4.00? (sph power is -5.00) I know it's probably gonna be a bit blurry, but if I get normal prescripted circle lenses as opposed to toric ones, would I input my sphere power or my cylinder power?

-4.00 cylinder power is actually quite high, along with -5.00 sphere. And you're just wearing normal circle lenses without any prescription at all? How on earth can you see?

Archived