Extreme Raw Onion Eater Anyone?

NPB-XK

I was worried and had to do a Google research... I was pleased.
For a very long time, I never really knew about the whole health benefits that raw onions could give you.

For several months, I've been eating a lot of raw onions. I've put onions in everything!

It first started out with when I was eating some steaks, I decided to add a lot of extra onions, especially raw.

Then later on, I've decided to put raw onions in every freaking meals! Even drinks, cereals, etc! Even eating them like apples! *Becomes insane* People said I have an issue and I was weird for eating raw onions like that!

So it got me thinking, damn I hope it's not a bad thing for health...

All I remembered was how it was "bad" as in you'll have a bad breath and you'll knock the crap out of everyone with your massive farts.

Strangely, I kinda felt better... And I've never farted in a healthy way like this before! Dry, loud, comfortable, it was simply sensational! Unlike my brother who only ninja-farts silently or liquid farts. I know how that feels... It's truly uncomfortable...

Out of curiosity, I google searched for its health benefits. I was amazed at how it helps fighting against bad high cholesterol, preventing heart disease, reducing cancer risks, etc.

Sources:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=45

http://www.vegetarian-nutrition.info/updates/onions.php

etc...

*Way too much of onions can be bad...

What about you? Are you a raw onion maniac?

Guest christelle-g

"Eating them like apples". :crazy: You're the man!

I don't even like them cooked so eating them raw....eeerr no thanks!

Strangely, I kinda felt better... And I've never farted in a healthy way like this before! Dry, loud, comfortable, it was simply sensational! Unlike my brother who only ninja-farts silently or liquid farts. I know how that feels... It's truly uncomfortable...

:lol: That made me laugh so hard. Love how you described it but farting is healthy (all kind of farts). :sweatingbullets:

You even put them in cereal!? I didn't know your obsession with onions was that bad. :lol: I don't think there are a lot of raw onion maniacs here...but I put black pepper in a lot of stuff. :D And just curious, are you like immune to getting teary eyed when it comes to slicing a whole bunch of onions? :mellow:

i love onions, but in moderation O_o my breath reeeeeeeeeeks after eating it with steak so it always turns me away when i think about eating onions again... but i always do.. =] what kind of onions do you eat? AND HOW DO YOU EAT IT WITH CEREAL?

Guest Coral14

I absolutely love raw onions. I like the crunch and spicyness. I like them in salads, burgers, eggs, steaks.. But how can you eat them with cereal?? :crazy: I applaud you man.

YES! The whole crunchiness and spiciness! That's what I like!

I used to be disgusted by the idea of raw onions... Thanks to the steaks I was eating, I've developed some love for those.

I've even crossed the line and put them in cereals where people have no idea how I could eat all that. It's just the whole mood of feeling the "onioness" in everything I eat! :crazy:

If I would have to go out, I might brush my teeth again or chew some gum or...

listerine-pocket-pack.gif

Love how you described it but farting is healthy (all kind of farts). :sweatingbullets:

Yeah I know... It's just the whole feeling of burning farts that makes it feel like it's "unhealthy" even though it's not... It's just uncomfortable (at least to me). My brother doesn't like to hold himself so I often hear liquid farts from him and then the next thing I know, he's doing a quick laundry after that (while wearing a new pants). I guess he often has some diarrhea or something pretty "unhealthy" like that... :P I remember when he even did that at my parents' house. My mom was direct at him, saying "You richard simmons your pants, didn't you! HOHOHO!".

I rarely fart... But when I do, it's usually not loud and it also kinda burns a little... But after some onion magics, it's extremely powerful and it doesn't give any burning feeling one bit! It's like some sort of butt air massage that only lasts for a second or two! :w00t: Before that, I couldn't remember when was the last time I had a huge smile on my face while making the whole ground shaking from the power of human gas.

And just curious, are you like immune to getting teary eyed when it comes to slicing a whole bunch of onions? :mellow:

I don't even get teary eyes when I slice onions... They strangely get dried and it burns... So that's why I wear my swimming goggles to have some intense moments with onions. B)

what kind of onions do you eat? AND HOW DO YOU EAT IT WITH CEREAL?

I eat all kinds of onions... Mostly the big ones (not the sweet kind - vidalia). I could eat one like an apple. But I love the little ones (red/purple onions) because it's more "stronger", it has more taste and all... But I wouldn't eat those little ones like strawberries... I gotta eat them with something (it doesn't matter what thing). :ph34r:

Guest epicpwnage

My friend told me that eating raw onions everyday will decrease your chance of heart disease!!

But I tear up after I smell it XD Any tips on how to eat it without tearing up o_O

Guest MeiHearts

i can't stand raw onions unless they're in a sandwich or something.. haha wow eating them like apples that's interesting. but a lot of raw vegtables are really good for you so it's not a bad thing :)

But I tear up after I smell it XD Any tips on how to eat it without tearing up o_O

I've heard that some people soaked them in water or froze them first but I've never tried that...

Instead, I wear my swimming goggles when I eat raw onions or slice them. :ph34r:

but a lot of raw vegtables are really good for you so it's not a bad thing :)

Except that not a lot could make you equipped of a powerful gas weapon that can also give you some butt massage! :o

Plus the breath that could push away people without even touching them!

Guest Yueguang1430276635

I loooove onions! Not in cereal though. blink.gif I too, only eat them raw, and often just eat them alone. My favorite is putting them in homemade macaroni and cheese! I just dice them, and stir them in after. I love the extra flavor and crunch it adds. I never knew about the health benefits though!

I've heard that some people soaked them in water or froze them first but I've never tried that...

Instead, I wear my swimming goggles when I eat raw onions or slice them.  :ph34r:

Yes.. Freezing your onions to cut them up works to prevent teary eyes.  Or don't breathe through your nose when you are in close proximity of raw onions.   

Guest bbygrlx

i think onions are good with vegetable/ and or meat dishes. o.o does anyone know how to stop the tears from falling when cutting an onion? every time i cut one, my eyes start to sting really badly x.x

Archived