[Reality 2011] Kim Yuna’s Kiss & Cry 김연아의 키스 & 크라이

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skim32

Anyone else feel a little ripped off after watching this weeks episode? The first 20-30 minutes was a replay of last week. That's almost half the show. GRRR.. Anyways. The upcoming episodes looks interesting where the celebrities gets to know the skaters. I must say I was a bit wary of what they are going to fill this show with. But I must say the idea is brilliant. It has all the right ingredients. Figure skating is super hot in Korea, so is Kim Yuna, and so are the contestents. Not to mention the figure skater partners are very attractive. Then you mix in a little big of a We Got Married type of theme (between the celebs and their figure skating partners) and I think you got a show that will get good ratings.

Guest timpa

Anyone else feel a little ripped off after watching this weeks episode? The first 20-30 minutes was a replay of last week. That's almost half the show. GRRR.. Anyways. The upcoming episodes looks interesting where the celebrities gets to know the skaters. I must say I was a bit wary of what they are going to fill this show with. But I must say the idea is brilliant. It has all the right ingredients. Figure skating is super hot in Korea, so is Kim Yuna, and so are the contestents. Not to mention the figure skater partners are very attractive. Then you mix in a little big of a We Got Married type of theme (between the celebs and their figure skating partners) and I think you got a show that will get good ratings.

Yunho had first pick and he took the 15 year old girl? What's with SM male artists in their 20s and their attraction to teenage girls? lol :)

Obviously the little boy figure skater had to end up with the little girl actress. Although it would have been funny to have seen him end up with like Son Dambi and Son Dambi picking him up and throwing him ;)

I haven't watched much figure skating since I left home, but my Mom was a huge fan and whenever a special was on she'd watch it. I think Kim Byung Man once he gets better at skating may be able to do backflips like a male figure skater whose name I can't recall right now.

The main question I have is are these partners they got going to be personal coaches for them or are they skating partners? So each celebrity will now be part of a 'pair' team?

Guest hyuksu

^ I think he was smart to pick her. She'll be easy to lift and fangirls shouldn't be too jealous since she's almost 10 years younger haha.

Anyways, Jin Jihee's partner is adorable. I can already see them bickering in the future episodes~

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

IU really disappointed me.. -__-; i have slightly negative feelings towards her now.. she barely did anything.. all she did was skate around.. and fell while skating in a straight line.. LOL. at first i had low expectations because i saw that they only had 2 months to prepare, but after i saw yunhos and krystals performances it made me realize how little effort iu put into the show.. even if kim yuna personally invited her, iu should have realized that she does not have the skill to ice skate and not accept the request.. -__-; it seemed to me like she was relying on her cuteness to get a good score. it just annoyed me. also the fact that she sang for half of her performance.. why would she sing? this is ice skating.. her singing would be good for a singing program but definitely NOT for an ice skating program.

Guest binaa2

IU really disappointed me.. -__-; i have slightly negative feelings towards her now.. she barely did anything.. all she did was skate around.. and fell while skating in a straight line.. LOL. at first i had low expectations because i saw that they only had 2 months to prepare, but after i saw yunhos and krystals performances it made me realize how little effort iu put into the show.. even if kim yuna personally invited her, iu should have realized that she does not have the skill to ice skate and not accept the request.. -__-; it seemed to me like she was relying on her cuteness to get a good score. it just annoyed me. also the fact that she sang for half of her performance.. why would she sing? this is ice skating.. her singing would be good for a singing program but definitely NOT for an ice skating program.

You do know that IU is known for having no athletic skills whatsoever?

Both krystal and yunho are known as good dancers which should be of help with both choreography and having the stamina to execute it.

IU is on the show because she is hot in Korea at the moment, plus the fact that KY wanted her there.

Though personally as an IU fan i want her to be eliminated early so she don't get too badly hurt while training.

Plus it will give her more time to concentrate on her singing activities.

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

You do know that IU is known for having no athletic skills whatsoever?

Both krystal and yunho are known as good dancers which should be of help with both choreography and having the stamina to execute it.

IU is on the show because she is hot in Korea at the moment, plus the fact that KY wanted her there.

Though personally as an IU fan i want her to be eliminated early so she don't get too badly hurt while training.

Plus it will give her more time to concentrate on her singing activities.

it said on the show who practiced the least and iu was listed as one of them. it was iu, jin ji hee, and another guy i forgot his name. she has no athletic skills? then she should have devoted more time to it. -___-; if she knew she couldn't do it, why not just refuse the request? she won't get hurt because she does not practice very often, so don't worry. :rolleyes:

Guest timpa

it said on the show who practiced the least and iu was listed as one of them. it was iu, jin ji hee, and another guy i forgot his name. she has no athletic skills? then she should have devoted more time to it. -___-; if she knew she couldn't do it, why not just refuse the request? she won't get hurt because she does not practice very often, so don't worry. :rolleyes:

Kim Yuna personally requested her to be on the show and SBS PD's wanted her to remain on the show (having been a part of Heroes on SBS). In Korea it would be considered rude if she turned that down. Besides this is skating with the stars so don't they get voted off? I would assume unless the votes are based mostly off fan-voting that IU will get voted off before the better skaters.

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

Kim Yuna personally requested her to be on the show and SBS PD's wanted her to remain on the show (having been a part of Heroes on SBS). In Korea it would be considered rude if she turned that down. Besides this is skating with the stars so don't they get voted off? I would assume unless the votes are based mostly off fan-voting that IU will get voted off before the better skaters.

no, it would not be considered rude if she had a legitimate excuse. don't give me bs about korea because i am korean and have lived in korea for half of my life. i already know about the first part, gosh. even if they wanted her to stay if she herself knew she was athletically challenged she should have not accepted the request or at least practice more often.

IU practicing hard at ice skating to redeem herself on SBS’s “Kiss & Cry”

IU is currently practicing quite diligently to redeem herself of her less-than-perfect performance on SBS’s “Kiss & Cry“.

On May 29th, the “Kiss & Cry” star performance ranking was released, and IU came in last out of the 10 spots.

It seems like she is practicing at the moment to make up for her poor performance from last time, as every time she goes on to the rink to practice, she spends around five hours doing so.

IU said, “My thigh muscles are aching so badly because I used muscles that I don’t usually use. However, I can’t practice lazily.

One related source said, “IU is the type of person who needs to perfectly finish off one task to move onto the next”, and it was revealed that when she’s training, she barely eats or drinks.

Her male figure skating partner said, “By the next time she’s on the show, IU will have gone through a complete transformation.

The PD of “Kiss & Cry” said, “IU is really trying very hard and improving. I hope viewers will cheer her on.

credit: allkpop

I used muscles that I don’t usually use. THIS. Figure skate, like every other sports in the world needs a step by step process to master, so of course every contestant will start at different levels based on their current muscle capacity.

It is only round 1 after all, I wont condemn anyone for being 'a disappointment' when actually they're just having more room to improve. ;)

Look at it in a more positive light so it won't tamper your enjoyment in watching the show. Kekeke :D :D :D

YT cuts K&C ep2

Jin Ji Hee

Kim Byung Man

Park Joon Geum

Son Dambi

Round 1 result

ep 03 preview

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

^^^ imo she's only practicing more because of the negative criticism. she doesn't want anti fans. if everyone applauded her performance then she would do the exact same thing for the next show. 

okay, i repeat again. if she is that bad then she could have NOT ACCEPTED THE REQUEST OR PRACTICED MORE OFTEN. it was mentioned in the show that iu was one of the three people who practiced the least. 

Guest Jeff86

okay, i repeat again. if she is that bad then she could have NOT ACCEPTED THE REQUEST OR PRACTICED MORE OFTEN. it was mentioned in the show that iu was one of the three people who practiced the least. 

Well, it was kind of obvious that she wouldn't have the time to practice very often with her crazy schedule. The fact is she is now in two programs (kiss&cry + Immortal songs 2) who require a lot of time and preparation outside of the show. This plus the fact that she isn't really athletic, I don't really see how she will progress. The gap between her and the others will just increase with time.

It's not really her fault, thought. If her company ask of her that she participate, she will, and you don't refuse an offer to do a show with Kim Yu Na!!

Guest Enenntex

Does anyone have more information about the celebs figure skating partners they are good and i would love to see thier professional stuff ?

Thanks in advance^^

Guest ToP sEcReT

i loved the idea of this show~

it's really unique... even if i'm not a fan of any of the cast~ still i'm so attracted to watch XD

talking as a cassie~ i knew our oppa *yunho-oppa* will make us proud.. he did a really great performance <3

as for IU~ eventhough all what happend ~ she's still sooooo cuuuuute & adorable !!!

i sooo wanna hug her XD

will anyone by anychance sub this show ?

i loved the idea of this show~

it's really unique... even if i'm not a fan of any of the cast~ still i'm so attracted to watch XD

talking as a cassie~ i knew our oppa *yunho-oppa* will make us proud.. he did a really great performance <3

as for IU~ eventhough all what happend ~ she's still sooooo cuuuuute & adorable !!!

i sooo wanna hug her XD

will anyone by anychance sub this show ?

Archived