Kim Hee Sun 김희선

My Loi

Do you know if KHS is also one of the female leads? I saw that Victoria of f(x) was casted as the lead back in July so I wonder what's KHS's status in the drama. She can't be anything less than a lead :( 

Yes!!!! I know Victoria of f(x) was casted as the lead in drama and Kim Hee Snun only appears very little in the film but Lian Ji is one senior figure in the evolution of film, and Kim can only appears second half of the drama

Thanks for the info! :) How I wish KHS was also the lead! But I'm happy enough that she has a new project! Thought we have to wait till next year for her next drama haha. So excited to see her!!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Hee Sun Nominated for 2015 Korea Drama Awards

On September 9, it was revealed that the 2015 Korea Drama Awards will take place on October 6. The awards ceremony is held annually in Jinju, South Gyeongsang Province. Most notably, the nominees for the highest award possible (the grand prize) were revealed.

The top excellence actress nominees are Kim Tae Hee of “Yong Pal,” Kim Hee Sun of “Angry Mom,” Park Shin Hye of “Pinocchio,” Jang Na Ra of “I Remember You,” and Hwang Jung Eum of “Kill Me, Heal Me.”

Soompi

Kim Hee Sun to take on a mystical role in her first Chinese drama in 10 years 

September 9, 2015 @ 3:36 am

kim-hee-sun_1441747174_af_org.jpg

Beautiful veteran actress Kim Hee Sun is said to be starring in a Chinese drama for the first time in 10 years! 

Kim Hee Sun, known in China as 'Korea's ultimate beauty,' is still remembered for the lovable and gentle character image she played in the 2005 fantasy film 'The Myth'. The actress' most recent drama MBC's 'Angry Mom' was well-received, and she is sure to bring joy to both Chinese and Korean fans with news of her casting in 'Ice Fantasy'. 

A rep from the drama's production team relayed, "Kim Hee Sun was initially cast as 'Ice Fantasy's lead role. However, she opted to play supporting role Yeon Hee, a character that encompasses mystical elements, after she determined that this character was the key to the drama's story. We respect Kim Hee Sun's decision to play a supporting role instead of the lead role in order to broaden her spectrum." 

Stay tuned for updates!

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/kim-hee-sun-to-take-on-a-mystical-role-in-her-first-chinese-drama-in-10-years

Kim Hee Sun Will Play A Queen In 'Ice Fantasy'

BY Julie Jones | Sep 10, 2015 09:06 AM EDT

Kim Hee Sun 

Kim Hee Sun is about to make her small-screen debut in China.

Her agency, Hinge Entertainment, recently confirmed that she was cast in the drama, "Ice Fantasy," an adaptation of the best-selling novel "Ice Fantasy" by Guo Jing Ming.

Kim was originally offered the lead role but decided that the queen was a more interesting character.

"We actually invited Kim Hee Sun for a lead role, but she was attracted to the role of Yeonhi, and wanted to challenge herself in a new role," a representative of the drama's production team told the Korean media outlet Yonhap News.

The lead roles will be played by f(x)'s Victoria, who was born in China, and Chinese actor William Feng.

The story is set in a land known as the "Empire of Snow" and concerns a battle for the throne between two brothers. The Ice Tribe brothers are exiled from their kingdom after a war with the Fire Tribe. The older brother Ka Suo is an illusionist who can create ice sculptures from water. When he returns to his kingdom he falls for a sorceress but can't marry her because the kings of the Ice Tribe can only marry mermaids.

The drama will differ from the novel in that it will focus more on the romance between Ka Suo and his sorceress.

Kim Hee Sun, 38, is currently up for a Seoul Drama Award. She was nominated for her role as a mom who returns to high school to protect her teen daughter from bullies in "Angry Mom." Her other recent dramas include "Wonderful Days" and "Faith The Great Doctor."

While Kim Hee Sun has not acted in a Chinese drama before, she has been in two Chinese action films, "The Myth" and "The Warring States."

She played Princess Ok Soo in "The Myth." Princess Ok Soo is on her way to China to marry the emperor when a warrior tries to kidnap her. Meng Yi, played by Jackie Chan, saves her and she falls in love with him.

Kim Hee Sun has box office appeal in China. She played Pang Fen in the film "The Warring States, which reached first place in the Chinese box office within six days. The film earned $11.8 million worldwide.

Oscar-winning Hollywood art director Dan Hennah, who worked on "The Hobbit trilogy, The Return of the King," is reported to have joined the production team, promising excellent special effects.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/96723/20150910/kim-hee-sun-will-play-a-queen-in-ice-fantasy.htm

Kim Hee Sun Considering Her Big Screen Comeback in 12 Years

Actress Kim Hee Sun is about to make her movie comeback after 12 years.

1_zpsjfw3xrsf.jpg

According to a movie industry insider, Kim Hee Sun was recently approached to star in the movie “Everyday With You” (working title).  It is a debut project for Director Kim Jang Hee who has had ample experience in producing the movies “Lump of Sugar” and “Champ.” “Everyday With You” is about a wife who prepares special events everyday and her husband who helps her quietly by her side.

If she accepts the offer, this will be Kim Hee Sun’s comeback to the big screen in 12 years since she starred in “A Man Who Went To Mars” alongside Shin Ha Kyun.

Since the completion of her work in the MBC drama “Angry Mom,” Kim Hee Sun has been approached with numerous scripts for movies and dramas. She is said to be considering “Everyday With You” favorably.

The “Everyday With You” team will wrap up casting for its male lead and other roles soon and aims to open in theaters next year.

Cre: Soompi

Do you know if KHS is also one of the female leads? I saw that Victoria of f(x) was casted as the lead back in July so I wonder what's KHS's status in the drama. She can't be anything less than a lead :( 

Yes!!!! I know Victoria of f(x) was casted as the lead in drama and Kim Hee Snun only appears very little in the film but Lian Ji is one senior figure in the evolution of film, and Kim can only appears second half of the drama

Thanks for the info! :) How I wish KHS was also the lead! But I'm happy enough that she has a new project! Thought we have to wait till next year for her next drama haha. So excited to see her!!!

Hai! Both of my sweetheart friends, long, long-times no hear form me and I missed you all very much. Sorry, a lot of things occupied my hectic times and I can't come login to chat with you all here. But I am always happy and exciting to hear and see her news appear. Too bad, seem KHS is trying to slow-down her acting like 1 drama in a year. I wish she be act more in the dramas even a cameo roles, also don't mind. See many of her veteran peers are now acting as support leads or cameo in variety dramas and movies.

Now, I am watching comedian drama, "She Was Pretty". Very funny and nice acting casts. I had watched a few latest dramas like: "Mask", "My Love, Eun Dong", "Flower Queen" and many more. Yes, some of the storylines are very interesting but all almost the same stories like revenge, betrayal and fake identity........ watching all this dramas, making me so frustrated to struggle all this villains. So, I really hope KHS take another comedian dramas since Korean dramas seldom have comedian. I think she should act more comedy based on her happy-going personalities.

Next year I can see her in 2 more new movies but why not this year too?

@liliankuan Hi aunty! Nice to see you back :) You should come on more often! I'm also watching She Was Pretty now! Just for Siwon cause I'm a huge fan of Super Junior haha. 

Yeah KHS seems to limit herself to 1 drama a year now, maybe cause she wants to spend more time with her family but I'm really glad that she has 2 new projects! So excited for them! I'm currently repeating Faith for the fourth time now haha.  

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to you too :) 

Archived