Korean Name x]

Guest SHEEKxD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sinfulxbeats

korean name is SeJin

personally...i like this name cause my grandmother (from dad's side) was the only one who called me that.

She being full korean along with my whole entire dad's side as opposed to my mom's chinese side

Guest dr jung

조성진 (趙成振) Jo Sung-Jin

한양 조 (趙) 이룰 성 (成) 떨칠 진 (振)

If you guys know someone with the last name of Cho/Jo followed with middle name Sung, we are very likely to share same ancestry. As in my family clan, elders long ago decided to share same middle name for each generation so we know that we're well related.

I'm the 26th generation from my family clan.

Is 조성모 your distant cousin? Hehe just curious.

Does anyone know 정종철? He's the guy on Gag Concert.. KBS 개그콘서트.

He's my 3rd/4th/5th cousin or some sort.

Guest love990024501

소미. I have no hanja for it.

Somi for English AND Korean name.

It means small beauty? Or something like that.

I think 소 means small and 미 means 미인. -_-

Lame, I know. But, I like how it's easy to pronnounce for everyone! :)

Guest The Moose

Is 조성모 your distant cousin? Hehe just curious.

Does anyone know 정종철? He's the guy on Gag Concert.. KBS 개그콘서트.

He's my 3rd/4th/5th cousin or some sort.

Yeah, he is. But that doesn't mean I've met him or know him in person. 조원희, one of 23 players picked for Korean national team in 2006 World Cup is the 27th generation from my family. That generation shares 희 as their common name.

There are 400,000+ of us that share same ancestry according to the census. Which 60-70% of them adopted our surname during Japanese rule in early 1900s. It's a huge mess.

Also, there are other 2 Cho/Jo's that I'm not allowed to marry since our very ancestors are brothers. They are recorded as the three of the seven princes from Song Dynasty that escaped Mongol invasion. Very fascinating stuff.

Yeah, he is. But that doesn't mean I've met him or know him in person. 조원희, one of 23 players picked for Korean national team in 2006 World Cup is the 27th generation from my family. That generation shares 희 as their common name.

There are 400,000+ of us that share same ancestry according to the census. Which 60-70% of them adopted our surname during Japanese rule in early 1900s. It's a huge mess.

Also, there are other 2 Cho/Jo's that I'm not allowed to marry since our very ancestors are brothers. They are recorded as the three of the seven princes from Song Dynasty that escaped Mongol invasion. Very fascinating stuff.

all the Korean ancestry stuff is confusing.

My ancestor is 김수로왕 (Kim Sooro 金首露). King of 가락국(駕洛國) or something like that.

Confusing stuff. >.<

Guest vintagesky

Joo Yeon

윤주연

my parents forgot the meaning..... yeaa -.-;

i dont think jooyeon's pretty lols

korean - 황규라

romanized - hwang kyu ra

Best name here.

박상언. Means a scholar that works well with others. A social scholar. My grandpa named me it.

Guest daxeun

Daeun or 다은 :]

[edit]

it's supposed to mean full of grace or something around those lines~

and I've been told that my name is a very common name in Korea.

I think it's true too...I know quite a few people with the same name as moi~

Archived