Argan Oil!

Guest Yueguang1430276635

Guest Yueguang1430276635

Have you tried it on your hair?
Hey guys, 

First, the usual: I searched for a topic on this and couldn't find one, so if there is one...feel free to direct me to it!

Anyways, I've used argan oil (pure, not the hair treatment) on my skin at night as a moisturizer, and it is a GOD SEND!

I've used my mom's Moroccan Oil (the big brand) serum in my hair, and it worked awesome as a leave in treatment.

However, the serum is filled with perfumes, silicone, so on and so forth. 

I bought 100% organic argan oil from amazon for an awesome price...but when I put a couple drops on my hair it become really greasy and nasty. :( Nothing like the serum that barely uses ANY argan oil in it!

So, what are the ways you treat your hair with argan oil to make it soft and shiny? I really want to use it, because I heard pure argan makes your hair amazing...but I just don't know how to do it.

BTW for those who are wondering: Put a couple of drops of 100% PURE argan oil on your face after cleansing and toning at night, and rub it in. Use this in place of your nightly moisturizer if you wish. You should see a difference within a day or two in your skin. It will be glowing, soft, not as oily, and your acne will clear right up and red marks will fade! I love using this on my face at night. I do not recommend it during the day though, I have super oily skin and it makes it really shiny, and my makeup slides right off. Excellent night treatment, though! 

Let me know your uses/results/tips! Thanks!

Guest mikaila229

I got this problem at first :) if I put argan oil on my almost-dry or dry hair, it will make my hair greasy looking and clumpy and crunchy. But then I realise the key is to put argan oil on my hair when it's damp (not soaking wet but kinda wet-damp) , and then blow dry with warm air for a minute or less. The slight heat will help the oil to penetrate into hair strand and not just sit on top of it. My hair would be a alot smoother and more manageable :) I guess the problem with my hair is that it's so coarse so the oil can't penetrate in blush.gif

Guest Yueguang1430276635

I got this problem at first :) if I put argan oil on my almost-dry or dry hair, it will make my hair greasy looking and clumpy and crunchy. But then I realise the key is to put argan oil on my hair when it's damp (not soaking wet but kinda wet-damp) , and then blow dry with warm air for a minute or less. The slight heat will help the oil to penetrate into hair strand and not just sit on top of it. My hair would be a alot smoother and more manageable :) I guess the problem with my hair is that it's so coarse so the oil can't penetrate in  blush.gif

I tried your advice today and it worked! My hair is superrr shiny, I'm so happy. I have realllly long hair, and the ends are super dry and tangled usually...but today my hair looks amazing! Thanks!! I did do it a little bit differently though, I put it on my soaking wet hair and blow dried all the way through.

Guest xELLE

argan oil wasn't that special for me. not bad, but not amazing either.

I prefer using it for hair rather than face, but, I didn't really use it for a long enough time to have formed a solid opinion. When used on my hair, I put a lot of it in and it absorbed pretty quickly. It didn't make my hair greasy-looking at all. But then again, I have dry hair.

Guest kimmmm

If its for your hair, I would suggest the moroccan oil. It might contain perfumes and other products, but because theres a certain balance in the oils and chems, it doesn't leave your hair as oily as some other argan oil products. Theres also another oil that I use called 'orofluido' and its more 'thicker' but it leaves me hair alot more oily.

and as for use. I shower every morning and spread half a pump of mo. oil (I've got short hair) through my tips and main body of my hair working up to the roots slightly spreading it up there. And I do this every morning :o)

Guest .:precious:.

I bought an organic conditioner with Moroccan argan oil in it and I hate it. I have culy hair and it made it all oily and clumpy and frizzy at the same time. >.> it may just be because ive got curls.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So have I and I agree the results are awesome. I now use Pro-naturals hair repair system. I use the argan oil leave in treatment  mainly to the ends and keep clear of the roots and use hairdryer on warm setting but I do use a heat styling iron. Thankfully the argan oil acts as a great heat protector so no split ends, etc.

If my skin is particularly dry I will use it on my face and neck as well. 

Edited by AddyB
My hairdresser has managed to obtain these at a special price

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 4:33 AM, Amanda22 said:

I have also used argan oil. It creates lots of skin problems, but best for hair growth.

I have experienced the opposite with my skin.  I had terrible break outs, now not so much.  Also my hair is so much higher quality it is crazy, like argan oil made my hair so much stronger.  I only use 100% argan oil though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 6:06 PM, wethairdontcare said:

I have experienced the opposite with my skin.  I had terrible break outs, now not so much.  Also my hair is so much higher quality it is crazy, like argan oil made my hair so much stronger.  I only use 100% argan oil though.

Very unusual that 100% argan oil affected your skin. Moroccan women have been using 100% argan oil for decades and I don't think during my time in Morocco I ever saw a girl or a lady with bad skin. Most had super glowing smooth skin. Make sure that the argan oil does not have any fragrance.

I've had bleached blonde hair for years now and every time I bleach it, my hair is sooo dry. Personally, it takes me about 2 weeks with consistent organ oil use before my hair becomes shiny and healthy again.

On 5/5/2016 at 11:19 PM, Tiffany said:

I've had bleached blonde hair for years now and every time I bleach it, my hair is sooo dry. Personally, it takes me about 2 weeks with consistent organ oil use before my hair becomes shiny and healthy again.

Tiffany, get the Pro-Naturals hair mask. I normally use this once every 3 weeks. Apply liberally all over shampooed hair. Damp a thin towel & put in microwave for a couple of minutes and wrap this around head and cover with a shower cap. Sit until it cools completely then rinse off. Works well and my hair is shiny and really healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also suggest Batana oil the specific brand Ojon Batana it has a natural light brown color no fillers smell a little like coffee but it is all natural. made by hand and has been for over 150 years by the same people carried on for generations as a skin and hair treatment. It encourages thick, shiny hair, solution for dandruff, dry scalp, dry hair and repairs damaged hair, it’s known to eradicate graying hair. 

• 5 months later...

I use argan oil as a night moisturizer and my skin always looks/feels great when I wake up. There is oil residue left over in the morning so I always have to wash it off. I use 5 drops for my face, 1 drop for lips and eye brows/lashes, and 1 drop for under eye area.