Kim Nam Joo 김남주

the girl who!

October 30, 2013

Celebrities convert names into value brands

By Kim Ji-soo The Korea Times 

05-04(45).jpg

Actress Kim Nam-joo poses with the bag that she helped design, and which is being sold at ELBON the Style shops nationwide. The actress is known as a leading fashionista who sells out every itme or bag she holds. She has recently lent her creative design to designing the bag dubbed “Kim Nam-joo bag. / Courtesy of ELBON the Style
More celebrities in Korea are putting their names forward as brands.

The latest is actress Ko So-young, married to actor Jang Dong-gun. In September, she launched a fashion brand “KOSOYOUNG,” which is available currently at the Boontheshop at Shinsegae’s Centum City branch in Busan.

Ko joined hands with CJOShopping where she serves as a creative director, and for her brand, she participated in the design and presentation.

Other actresses are lending their design flair and fashion sense to brands. Actress Kim Nam-joo also lent her creative energy and name to a handbag design with Italian brand “Zanellato.”

She presented a bag titled “Postina by Kim Nam-joo” that sold like hotcakes.

The bag was produced in a limited number of 300 but because of big demand, the red and the black clutch is expected to be sold out. The bag is sold at ELBON the Style.

Actress Jeong Rye-won who is currently starring in “Medical Top Team,” has joined hands with the “Mag/Mag” for which she will select items over the next two years under the name, Joana Collection. Joana is the Christian name of the 32-year-old actress.

While the brisk steps to put their name forward with products is new, delving into another line of business has been a staple in the Korean industry. Because celebrities may have long breaks from work, Korean celebrities are known to open shops or restaurants.

To date, Korean stars have leaned towards the restaurant business. Bae Yong-joon or Yonsama successfully operated the restaurant Gorilla in the Kitchen in front of Dosan Park in Gangnam, southern Seoul. He is reportedly looking for another site as the lease with the current building has expired. Bae has also opened Gorilla in the Cafe which is a coffee shop in Hawaii.

Actress Park Shin-hye’s mother runs a pork intestines restaurant in Seongnae-dong, which has been frequented by fellow stars from the popular television drama “You’re Beautiful” including actor Jang Gun-seok. Park now plays the heroine opposite actor Lee Min-ho in “Inheritor.”

K-pop singers also invest in a second line of work. G-Dragon of Big Bang is reportedly building a hotel in Pocheon, Gyeonggi Province while fellow member Seungri runs a dance academy in Gwangju, his hometown.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

April 7, 2014

Kim Nam Joo Releases Her Romantic and Sexy Spring Pictorials

Source: BNTNews

kmxm4wtdsz40yk9r3xf2nxvo8m4k5y4e.jpg

[by Sunghee Park] Recently, the release of Kim Nam Joo’s spring pictorials has been catching people’s attention. 

As can be seen in the above photo, Kim Nam Joo presented her distinct facial features and red lips with a charismatic facial expression. Kim matched a Burberry Prorsum's lace trench coat with a same colored wool coat, completing a refined and feminine look.  

In the other photo, Kim Nam Joo wore a yellow-brown Burberry trench coat and a blue tone blouse, presenting luxurious mood. 

Meanwhile, Kim Nam Joo’s pictorials can be found in April issue of fashion magazine Bazaar. (photo by Bazaar)

• 2 months later...

June 30, 2014

Kim Nam Joo showed her slender legs

Source: Innolife Korea

10092_1.jpg

An actress Kim Nam Joo showed her life through pictorial. Kim Nam Joo took the picture with Cartier, the French brand, showing off her luxurious beauty. In the picture, she looked gorgeous in white clothes. Especially she wore short pants showing her slender legs. She enjoyed her golden age with ‘you came in unexpectedly’. However she didn’t do any other works after that. She showed her beauty through pictorial. You can show her pictures thrugh fashion magazine Marie Claire, August edition more. [Picture= Marie Claire]

• 3 months later...

October 7, 2014

Kim Nam Joo's Take on FW14 is Sumptuous

6mcaf4ghturz6jqqvwkj314gbecyjdee.jpg

[by Nawael Khelil] Actress Kim Nam Joo impersonated what we could call a ‘Goddess of Fall’ for the latest issue of JLook magazine.

JLook will release its Fall Special edition on October 8 and celebrates this season’s glorious trends with Kim Nam Joo, one of Korea’s never aging beauties. As a Goddess, the actress flaunts her gorgeous body wrapped in luxurious fabrics in a very autumnal atmosphere. 

l5iv93f816gccqy0bisg06l2zipoln5w.jpg

You see fancy and classy furs turn the outfits into magnificent silhouettes. Minimalism rubs shoulders with luxury for the greatest duo of all. Think double coating: an ecru straight coat layered on a pink coat with fur yokes that you wear with tone-on-tone flare pants and velvet slippers. 

During the shooting, Kim Nam Joo took the staffs’ hearts with her captivating charms and ability to make the camera love her – proving that she’s one of the best actresses of Korea -. By reviewing every outfit and sharing her thoughts about them, she also displayed her great fashion sense. 

Meanwhile, Kim Nam Joo wore clothes from Max Mara’s FW14 collection for her pictorial with JLook Magazine. (photos by JLook Magazine)

• 3 months later...

January 17, 2015

Kim Nam Joo leaving to overseas for a photo shoot

Source: STARN News

20150117122834_54b9d6e232eba_1.jpg

On January 17th, actress Kim Nam Joo leaving to overseas for a photo shoot for 'Belport.'

Meanwhile, Kim Nam Joo is active as a 'Muse' of 'Belport,' which is a beauty multi-store that was first launched on September 30th, 3014. Belport carries products of over 50 different cosmetic products from all America and Europe. They also carry products of 10 premium brands, including Hungary's Omorovicza, Canada's 'Cargo,' and Italy's 'Bottega Verde.'

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

January 18, 2015

[starN Focus] Kim Nam Joo leaving to overseas for a photo shoot

Source: STARN News

20150117130002_54b9de42530e9_1.jpg

On January 17th, actress Kim Nam Joo leaving to overseas for a photo shoot for 'Belport.'

Kim Nam Joo drew many people's attention with her unchanged beauty and fabulous skin condition.

Meanwhile, Kim Nam Joo is active as a 'Muse' of 'Belport,' which is a beauty multi-store that was first launched on September 30th, 3014. Belport carries products of over 50 different cosmetic products from all America and Europe. They also carry products of 10 premium brands, including Hungary's Omorovicza, Canada's 'Cargo,' and Italy's 'Bottega Verde.'20150117130003_54b9de42530e9_2.jpg
20150117130003_54b9de42530e9_3.jpg20150117130003_54b9de42530e9_4.jpg

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

• 5 weeks later...

February 16, 2015

[Photos] Kim Nam-joo's voluptuous bodyline and outfit

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

photo565369.jpg

Beauty & lifestyle magazine Allure interviewed Kim Nam-joo and revealed photos of her.

The photos were taken at a cabin located in the middle of the Mont Blanc Mountains in the Alps. Making it hard to believe she's in her 40s, Kim Nam-joo showed off her flawless body and complexion which didn't even need post editing.

Thanks to her fine abs and slender legs as the result of constant dieting and working out, Kim Nam-joo was able to wear a crop top with shorts and a jump suit which revealed her whole back.

photo565376.jpg

In the following interview, Kim Nam-joo said, "I cut down on salts and ate nothing but sandwiches and salads for the past 10 days before the shoot. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I hadn't been perfectly ready for the shoot".

When asked about her life as an actress, a mother of two and a wife, she said, "I can't be perfect at one thing, but I am content with the life I have now. I've grown to enjoy my work more after getting married. I'm sure there are many things that I'd have to give up in the future as an actress although I will certainly become greedier as a mother. I might have to give up the spotlight to younger actresses and play more roles that are suitable for my age. I am ready to accept the changes. I just plan on working hard".

Kim Nam-joo's pictures can be seen in the March issue of Allure Korea.

photo565377.jpg

• 1 year later...

February 24, 2016

Where are they? Top actors missing in action

By Kwon Ji-youn The Korea Times

Some of the country's top actors and actresses have disappeared from the small screen and theaters, prompting concern among fans about whether they intend to return, and when.

Among them are Bae Yong-joon, who appeared alongside Choi Ji-woo in "Winter Sonata"; Ko So-young, wife of actor Jang Dong-gun; and Won Bin, who recently married actress Lee Na-young. Bae and Ko have been missing in action for the past nine years and Won Bin for the past six.

Bae's last dramatic appearance was in 2007 with MBC's "The Legend." In 2011, he made a brief appearance in KBS's "Dream High," which starred miss A member Suzy and Kim Soo-hyun, but that was it.

Ko, in 2006, attempted a return to the big screen with "Project Makeover," and in 2007, followed with a dramatic appearance in SBS's "Blue Fish." But when both failed to turn heads, she stopped acting.

Bae and Ko were more familiar to viewers for TV commercial gigs, but even advertisers are now looking for new blood.

Ko, 42, last year canceled a contract for a TV commercial for a Japanese company that has a money-lending business. Ko was criticized for shooting the commercial for "J Trust Group," which has several subsidiaries that lend money with interest as high as 29.2 percent. Ko admitted she did not pay enough attention to the commercial until media reports about the company.

She has also been replaced by a younger actress in a skin-care product commercial.

Bae, who kindled the hallyu (Korean wave) boom with "Winter Sonata," was once the face of Lotte Duty Free, but has been replaced with younger stars who are more active in the industry. These include idols Super Junior and 2PM, and actors Kim Soo-hyun and Park Hae-jin. Actress Choi, on the other hand, is still a model for Lotte Duty Free.

Won Bin, whose last cinematic appearance was in 2010 with "The Man from Nowhere," is another actor fans are hoping to see more often on the big screen, if not the small screen.

Other actors of his caliber, including Gang Dong-won and Hwang Jung-min, have been keeping themselves busy shooting film on top of film, and so Won Bin's disappearance is only becoming more conspicuous. It was anticipated that the actor, who shot to stardom after appearing opposite Song Hye-kyo in "Autumn Story," would be cast for the drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows" and coming film "With God," but both deals fell through.

But there is still hope as Won Bin, who fathered a child in December, is said to be looking for comeback opportunities, according to industry insiders.

Kim Nam-joo is also said to be considering a comeback to the small screen with KBS's "War of Roses."

Kim notched huge successes with her appearances on MBC's "My Wife is a Superwoman" and "Queen of Reversals," and KBS's "My Husband Got a Family." In 2010, she won the grand prize at the MBC Drama Acting Awards and won again at the KBS Drama Acting Awards.

But the actress, 44, has disappeared from the small screen since. Should she fix a role in "War of Roses," it will mark a comeback after almost four years.

jykwon@ktimes.com

February

"List of Names" Kim Seung-woo and Kim Nam-joo's daughter Ra-hee in 'Top 5 Most Gifted'

Source: Nate via Hancinema.net

photo696247.jpg

Actors Kim Seung-woo and Kim Nam-joo were chosen as the stars with a top class child.

tvN "List of Names" introduced stars with elite children.

Kim Seung-woo and Kim Nam-joo are parents of Ra-hee and Chan-hee.

Ra-hee is in the top 5% of the gifted children's test and is 1% in academic ability. The two children are attending different private elementary schools which costs over 10 million per year.

The school has a system which teaches manners, sports, character, English and other educational subjects. Kim Nam-joo has a garden for the children to run around in and she frequently reads a Jewish book on child education.

"List of Names" introduces everything about stars in ranks.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

November 21, 2017

Drama "Misty" to film Thailand

Source: Nate via HanCinema.net

photo912400.jpg

According to several sources, the JTBC drama "Misty" will film in Thailand for about a week. Staff are heading there first and the main characters will be departing this weekend.

"Misty" is a melodrama about Korea's greatest anchor being suspected of murder and her husband who is her lawyer.

Kim Nam-joo is coming back with a drama for the first time in six years and she plays the role of anchor Ko Hye-ran. Kang Tae-wook, her husband and lawyer, will be played by Ji Jin-hee.

"Misty" will be released in January next year.

• 2 months later...

January 31, 2018

Romance thriller 'Misty,' enthralling story of success, unpretentious love

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, Jan. 31 (Yonhap) -- For many South Korean TV drama viewers, the combination of two veteran actors -- Kim Nam-joo and Ji Jin-hee -- as a problematic married couple could be appealing enough for them to sit and watch their new series.

Actress Kim, nicknamed the "queen of ratings" because of the high popularity of every TV series she is in, returns to the small screen for the first time in six years with JTBC's new romance thriller, "Misty."

"This script is exactly the one I have been waiting for," Kim said at a press conference to promote the series in Seoul on Wednesday.

"The character Go Hye-ran was surprisingly similar to my young self in that she is so desperate to become successful. I was confident I could portray Go well, as I saw myself in that role."

The actress was frank about how much she sympathized with the character.

"The character reminded me of when I was young. (Like Go,) I had an unhappy childhood. When I'd just started my career, I recklessly went after money and success."

Actors Ji Jin-he (L) and Kim Nam-joo enter the press conference for "Misty," set to premiere on JTBC on Feb. 2, 2018. (Yonhap)

Actors Ji Jin-he (L) and Kim Nam-joo enter the press conference for "Misty," set to premiere on JTBC on Feb. 2, 2018. (Yonhap)

The romantic thriller revolves around popular anchorwoman Go, who does whatever it takes to maintain her fame and success. But her life begins a downward spiral after she is named a person of interest in a murder case. Her husband, Kang Tae-wook, played by Ji Jin-hee, the star of the popular period drama "Jewel in the Palace," comes to her rescue by defending her as her lawyer.

The actor is expected to play a faithful husband with unconditional love -- the kind of character he is best known for.

"Kang promised his wife that he will help her achieve success no matter what," Ji said. "It is the way he loves her."

Producer Mo Wan-il said the names of the two actors naturally came up while he was discussing the potential cast with the scriptwriter.

"It was a very rare experience that we named the same two actors simultaneously. It was as if the writer wrote the story while having them already in mind," he said.

Go is a self-made career woman who has been in the most sought-after position at a network for seven years. She married public defender Kang who is from an influential family.

Outwardly she looks confident and self-assured, with fame, money and a happy family. But in reality, she is constantly on edge and fearful of losing things she has achieved.

"As the title 'Misty' suggests, the drama looks into the truth of life shrouded in uncertainty. The cast members are really doing their best to tell the real story and feelings as sincerely as possible," the producer said.

"Beyond passionate romance, I would like to depict unpretentious love, be it a married couple's love or that of an extramarital affair," he said, adding "This is more than just a gripping story."

The series is set to premiere at 11 p.m. on Friday.

This image provided by JTBC shows a poster for "Misty," a new TV series on the network. (Yonhap)

This image provided by JTBC shows a poster for "Misty," a new TV series on the network. (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

• 2 months later...

April 3, 2018

Kim Nam Joo Reveals Her Special Wedding Bond With Choi Ji Woo

Source: Soompi by S. Park

Kim-Nam-Joo-Choi-Ji-Woo.jpg

Kim Nam Joo talked about Choi Ji Woo and weddings during an interview on April 3.

Kim Nam Joo revealed that she and Choi Ji Woo share a special bond. 13 years ago, when Kim Nam Joo wed Kim Seung Woo on May 25, 2005, Choi Ji Woo caught the bouquet at her wedding.

She was recently reminded of this after reading the reports on Choi Ji Woo’s wedding. Kim Nam Joo said, “After seeing the articles, I said, ‘Oh yeah. That happened,’ and remembered it. At the time, there was no one to accept it. Everyone was either already married or far from getting married. Out of those people, Choi Ji Woo seemed like the fastest one to get married, so she received it without any particular meaning. And she got married 13 years later.”

The news of Choi Ji Woo’s wedding took everyone by surprise when it was previously announced on March 29. After about a year of dating, she got married to a non-celebrity in his 30s with only their family members in attendance.

Choi Ji Woo was successfully able to keep her wedding a secret by not telling any of her celebrity acquaintances. Kim Nam Joo commented, “No one knew at all. Everyone around me was also surprised, but congratulated her.”

Source (1)

April 7, 2018

[Interview] Kim Nam-joo as a mother, a woman and an actress

Source: Seoul.co.kr via HanCinema.net

photo962536.jpg

Kim Nam-joo, who came back with the JTBC drama "Misty" for the first time in 7 years, played Ko Hye-ran, a woman who desires success and for that, she puts three men who love her in danger. Her voluptuous and charismatic image created a character none like seen before and proved that even actresses in their late 40s can play leading roles in K-drama.

"Misty" started with 3.5% but ended up with 8.5% in the end. Kim Nam-joo is a favorite amongst many women. She's a former Miss Korea who debuted as an actress in 1994. She acknowledged coolly that she wasn't a natural beauty nor an innocent beauty when romantic comedies were a trend back then. She married actor Kim Seung-woo in 2005 and starred in several dramas like "My Wife is a Superwoman", "Queen of Reversals", "My Husband Got a Family" and more. She is a strong career woman and a mother who has a teenage daughter and a younger son.

"My dream is to be a good mother but I won't act out one".

Kim Nam-joo said people tell her 'it's time you act a mother' many times. "It was a small ambition of mine to change the minds of people who think actresses who grow old have no roles to play except for a mother. I used to be afraid to get married because I didn't think I could continue working but seeing those 90s stars come back now, I think I did a good think to get married. I want to be able to do everything as a mother, a woman and as an actress".

Ko Hye-ran from "Misty" does anything for her goal but she doesn't agree with injustice and stands against male-centered power. If she believes she's right, she'll yell at her superior and not back down even if the situation appears difficult for her. Kim Nam-joo said, "Ko Hye-ran is a career woman just like anyone else but she just does some things more courageously than the others and that's where relief comes from. It's hard to be a working mother balancing work and child care at the same time so I even tell my younger actors not to have kids".

Kim Nam-joo added, "I got surrogate satisfaction by acting out Ko Hye-ran but I also feel pity for her because I think she spent her younger years only aiming for her goal". She liked the ending question, 'are you happy now?' "Tae-wook and Hye-ran didn't end on a happy note but I think that was a very sophisticated finish. The drama sends the message to people to look back on their happiness".

The actress claims she dreamed more to become a mother than an actress and she said, "It's the first time I haven't been able to give my kids enough attention. First, I'm going to apply for cooking classes and make them delicious food".

"There's no retirement in what we do. I won't be hasty because actresses have their right moments in the right times. I want to be awesome, not just pretty and elegant".

April 9, 2018

Ratings Queen Kim Nam-joo strikes again with ‘Misty’
In her first television role in six years, the actress plays a quick-witted news anchor

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

08190643.jpg
[THE QUEEN AMC]

Actor Kim Nam-joo, 46, is currently in the spotlight for her superb acting skills after playing the intelligent prime time news anchor Go Hye-ran in the recently wrapped JTBC drama “Misty.” Kim is well known for being the “Queen of Ratings,” thanks to the huge popularity of her two previous works, “Queen of Housewives” (2009) and “My Husband Got A Family” (2012). “Misty,” which marked her return to television after six years away, was also a big hit. 

“Misty” revolves around the hard-working and popular Go, who is suspected of murdering her ex-boyfriend Kevin Lee (Ko Jun), and how she tries to prove her innocence with the help of her husband and lawyer Kang Tae-uk (Ji Jin-hee) and her old friend Ha Myeong-u (Im Tae-kyeong). It also shows Go’s rivalry with junior anchor Han Ji-won (Jin Ki-ju) and how Go tries to maintain her reputation and success. 

She sat down with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of Korea JoongAng Daily, to discuss the drama and how she felt about her character. The following are the edited excerpts from the interview.

Q. What’s it like now that you’re finished with the drama? 

A. I am not ready to say goodbye to my character. I have some interviews left, and there are many people who want to see her, so I am planning to hold on to her a bit more. 

How did you feel about the public’s response to the show? 

I have received lots of love and compliments [from the audience]. After getting such a positive response after the first two episodes aired, I felt really excited, as if I had won an award. 

08191059.jpg
Han Ji-won (Jin Ki-ju), left, with her senior colleague Go Hye-ran (Kim Nam-joo) in an intense scene from the recently wrapped JTBC drama “Misty.” [JTBC]

What kept you motivated while shooting the series?

The support from my husband, actor Kim Seung-woo, and my fondness for this drama strongly motivated me. He was a huge fan of “Misty” - he watched the entire drama twice. I thought that he wouldn’t want to watch the first three episodes because they contained graphic sex scenes, but it turns out that I was wrong. I think he feels pleased [about the outcome] because he recommended that I take the part in this drama. Even though I rarely read drama scripts because I am too busy taking caring of my child, I looked at the “Misty” script because my husband told me to quickly read it. 

Did you have any difficulties playing your character?

I found Go’s [obsession with] perfection really burdensome. Unlike Go, who constantly exercises to maintain her fitness, I really hate exercising. Although [people around me] said that I really match the image of an anchor, I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to do a good job. [To boost my confidence], my husband rooted for me and told me that I would be perfectly fine. After the drama ended, he said, “I knew you would be able to do it, but I didn’t expect it to be this great.”

How did he respond when people online were guessing that the person who killed Kevin Lee was Ko’s husband? 

My husband kept teasing me. He said, “[They’re] saying that the culprit is the husband, but I am your husband. Can you do something about this?” He keeps bringing this up, even after the drama has ended.

In the first few episodes, there is extreme competition between Go and Han Ji-won over who will become the anchor of the prime time news. 

There was one scene filmed in the bathroom, showing the fierce rivalry between Han and Go. It was so intense that during the rehearsal, I asked her, “Do you really want me to slap you?” 

How was working with Jin? 

She is a really smart and diligent [actor]. While delivering the news briefing, she did not make any mistakes in her speech. My daughter saw her recent movie “Little Forest,” and said that she is really good at acting. I think she has a cute personality, especially since she has such a pretty smile. 

BY HWANG SO-YOUNG [lee.jeonghyun@joongang.co.kr]

• 5 months later...

August 30, 2018

Ko Soyoung – Kim Namjoo - Kim Heesun, Original stars with stunning beauty

maysicnkw2y3q3ab3fffnjha385rr1i4.jpg

[by Hwang Sohee] It is hard to hide the disappointment when you look into the mirror to see the wrinkles, sign of aging, on your face beside eyes and forehead. It is our wish to go back in time to youthful 20’s with smooth and elastic skin but time cannot be turned around. 

Even though there are people who sighs when looking at the sign of aging in the mirror, there are stars who are admired by maintaining their beauty just like when they were in 20s. Who are these stars who maintain unchanged beauty since their first debut after all this time?

a5oklqjc70lt8rffreb51bm7asn731p3.jpg

Women’s Wanna-be, Ko Soyoung, Kim Namjoo and Kim Heesun are the actresses who draw attention for their more stunning beauty than those of in their 20’s. One thing in common among actress who are admired by many, is their elastic skin without any wrinkles. 

Ko Soyoung, Kim Namjoo and Kim Heesun, who show off their mature beauty by continuously maintain their beauty. What is the secret of keeping elastic face without any wrinkles?

The rest of the beauty article HERE ~

• 1 month later...

October 23, 2018

Actress Kim Nam-joo to Receive Presidential Honor

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

2018102300947_0.jpg

Actress Kim Nam-joo will receive a presidential commendation for her contribution to Korean popular culture.

Kim, who recently returned to TV screens after a six-year hiatus, will be honored at this year's Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards in Seoul on Wednesday.

She won the hearts of many viewers with a charismatic performance as an anchorwoman who fights gender discrimination and the glass ceiling in the hit TV series "Misty," which aired early this year. 

Archived