[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest vikirosdli

thx girls for the info, I watched dream high 2 but only until ep 3 or 4, oh that why when watch her in miss ripley I thought I ever watch this girls before, but forget where :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to know that this drama is still being discussed. I personally love Miss Ripley although I was really demoralised while it was being aired as there were plenty of people who condemn the drama. Somehow for this drama, it's either you love it very much or you just simply hate it. Well, I love it. I bought the original copy when it came out and have watched it god-I-don't-know-how-many-times. I love the scenes of Chunnie courting Miri and up till today, although I have many other favorite songs after that, I still have Chunnie's song from the OST as my hubby's caller ring tone :-D Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys. I understand that some of you are watching it for the first time and some of you are doing a rewatch a couple of times a week? Kudos to you all and Happy Watching.

Happy to know that this drama is still being discussed. I personally love Miss Ripley although I was really demoralised while it was being aired as there were plenty of people who condemn the drama. Somehow for this drama' date=' it's either you love it very much or you just simply hate it. Well, I love it. I bought the original copy when it came out and have watched it god-I-don't-know-how-many-times. I love the scenes of Chunnie courting Miri and up till today, although I have many other favorite songs after that, I still have Chunnie's song from the OST as my hubby's caller ring tone :-D Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys. I understand that some of you are watching it for the first time and some of you are doing a rewatch a couple of times a week? Kudos to you all and Happy Watching.[/quote']

we're doing private viewing together ^^

this drama brings us heart thumping courtship of the leads :x

YC_RIPLEY091_zps13904c59.jpg

sorry girls i kinda went on marathon till epi 10..... n i m going on again later....yesterday after TWTWB, i just watch it n started again this morning till now.... i m being couch potato.... my main reason for marathoning is becuz i was dying to know wen miri lies get discovered.... it seriously getting on my nerve...miri n her continuous lies that i haf started cursing my tv screen..this girl is seriously sooo good....LDH is totally rocking as miri..i dun think anyone can this role beside her...c makes mi bipolar.... one time i m cursing non stop n next i m soften by her trouble...but as episode goes, my sympathy level is dropping down...i m feelin more for heejoo.... suck to b in her shoe....as for YH, god there r times i feel like just hitting his head n say r u babo ah? open yer eyes boy or do u need mi too....urghhh..he is fallin deeper n deeper... he need to stop...i m dying to see him shatter..i wont write more..i dun wanna spoil my fellow chunsas mode....girls keep watching u will see chun serenading...aww u will end up rewinding it... @zarrajae the ost is really captivating isnt it? girls Chun singing YES HIS OWN VOICE n with piano..wad more we need..awwwww..my yoochunnie :x :x he is like smitten lover....

one more interesting thing i m looking for yh n his stepmom relation..no matter how naive he is, he isn't like other chaebol guy who let mom step over his love...just wish it us worthy for him cuz my view it is not.. n god plz look after heejoo...c is just pitiful..i wish the writer wud kinda uplift her character.... no comment on miri c is just too good in her own world...c is really thickiest skin lead female character ever...never though i wud ever curse lead female character lol.... MH is getting there but YH, boy u need to wake up ASAP....... how is it going on yer side ppl...haf u guys totally given up???

Re watching this drama is arduous...I thought it will be easier because I know the story already. But like I said before, I keep thinking 'Look the other way YooHyunah! Don't fall for her!!!' :-SS 
 I got reminded also about the background music they keep playing when MiRi and Myung Hun meet...It's a famous instrumental score from 'Carmen' which is a story of this beautiful and fiery gypsy woman who seduced a naive soldier, Jose. This soldier abandoned everything to be with her. But Carmen left him to be with a famous bullfighter, Escamillo. Carmen played both men. Jose eventually killed Escamillo... Well, none of the leads will literally die in Miss Ripley...But a type of death is in the cards. X_X 
Hang in there folks...You've come this far. Just keep going and finish the race and we'll hug in the finish line... >:D< :)>- 
 btw: The make up (or lack there of) on HeeJoo is atrocious. I know she is supposed to be a simpler woman but at least put some BB cream (since JYJs CC cream was not available yet at that time ;) ) or something. She does not look ugly but she looks too frumpy and very homely. #-o 
 Love to all...Continue watching! ;;)

yes miri makes us hanging in a thetering rollercoaster of emotions for her

but this is what i think is interesting in a drama ^^

but its really a drama that makes u "scare" to rewatch cause of the emotion rollercoaster XD

and it makes priti goes chasing down the storyline faster :))

one things that makes me o_O is miri's relationship w mh lol

Guest itscreamie

@flossie unnie, hahaha don't worry. I just finished episode 4. @priti is so damn fast!
I wonder what happened to @sunshine4ever and @vikirosdli 1176846877627859219.gif

Guest itscreamie

Just finished the 4th episode. What a suspense drama.First time I watched I drama that the female lead is pretty manipulative and smart while we got a clumsy and naive second lead. I can see the chemistry between Myung Hoon and Miri. They totally belong to each other since both have unwanted experiences. So maybe they can connect with each other. Yoochun-HeeJoo cuteness is killing me. I know it wouldn't happen because Miri will surely take advantage of Yoohyun after she found out he is a chaebol :((
I hope Miri will fall in love with one of the guys. it would be interesting to watch her being damaged by her own scheme. By the time she realizes she's inlove, there's no turning back and redemption for her anymore. 

@itscreamie i finished MR last friday...after twtwb, i went on marathon n finished it.... once u guys r down, i will share my pros n cons.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itscreamie

JAPANESE STAGE ACTOR YAGYU KEISUKE AND WRITER TAKAHASHI NAOKO IN DEPTH ON PARK YUCHUN’S ACTING
March 17, 2013 by kisschunnie
T: Takahashi, Y: YagyuAn in-depth conversation between Yagyu Keisuke (veteran stage actor) X Takahashi Naoko (writer) about
Actor Park Yuchun
DcRTBZG.jpg

His strength to make his roles alive
Two people who were bewitched by his talent, from the standpoint of experts in the field as an actor and as a writer, talked about his charms in full extent!
T: Was 『Ripley』 the one which offered you the opportunity to fall for Yuchun, wasn’t it?
Y: Yes, it was. It was the beginning to watch it without knowing who Yuchun was since I was interested in the issue of educational background forgery. Although the role of Yuhyun played by him was the heir, he was different from the usual pattern of heirs who are arrogant and don’t know anything about the world. From the beginning, he was pure and sincere… His freshness which was not typical for a heir was really great. But, the storyline itself of the first half was not impressive. Yet, from the second half unfolded after the heroine’s lie was revealed, I started to fall for Yuchun’s acting.When people find out the fact that they were completely cheated, usually, it is the case they bang the table, break the furniture, or yell. But, he didn’t do that. Instead, he kept thinking. Why was I attracted to her? While he was reflecting, he came to realized that his longing for his mother was overlapped with her and this became the reason for him to love her. While he was acting with serenity, those feelings were subtly delivered. I thought he was a type of actor who has not existed up to now.What he was acting was that he was not acting. I was surprised by his remarkable talent.Actors come to like to explain through their actions. Particularly, if there are not much lines, they become uneasy and they would like to enthusiastically act to show “what they think now” through their actions or through their facial expressions. However, Yuchun was like “not being acting”…What he was acting was that he was not acting. From Korean dramas in which acting with directly exposing the emotions is typical, he is a type of actor I’ve never seen. I was surprised by Yuchun’s remarkable acting skills and talent. It was great. It is difficult to express without any words. If he can’t grasp the characteristics pretty neatly, he would just look like a stupid heir.
T: He himself told me when I interviewed him. When he choose the role, what he always considers as the most important element is that he can feel the same feelings of the character or not. Thus, he may overlap some feelings of himself with Yu Hyun’s character. While the background of Yu Hyun was that he grew up in Japan, he himself spend his teen years in the states and he experienced the divorce of his parents there. Such loneliness or longing for being loved, I think he can connect himself to such feelings of the character.Moreover, what I think is interesting was his acting for the scene in which he confronted with the hotel manager which Kim Seung Woo played. In this case, although Yuchun said he tried to keep in mind to speak slowly with calm voice, when you do psychological warfare, usually, you tend to show your sarcastic smile or to act with provocative attitudes. But, he thought gently smiling way could take a psychologically superior status and he said he did like that. Although it may look spontaneous, I was very impressed since I thought he elaborately calculated his role. Calculating or he had a good understanding in his role.
Y: Yes, that’s right. Therefore, since I thought he was not a usual actor and I watched『Sungkyungkwan』 right away, this one also surprised me again. First of all, the level of its completeness as a drama, it is extremely high. And, four young actors who played the lead characters were wonderful. However, whom I was particularity interested in, of course, Yuchun.For example, there is another character, Gu Ro. Since he is tough, weak for the women and is acting like a Robin Hood at night, as a character, it is the most interesting and delicious one. If you asked 10 actors who they wanted to act, 7 of them may answer Gu Ro. Because you can freely demonstrate your personal characteristics and it is a well written character, anybody is likely to think he wants to play. Of course, Yu A In was very good. It is no doubt to get popularity. Then, Yeo Rim. He has a fairly awful womanizer. But, he has an insight into the world and has a heart to think of his friends. This is again an interesting role. If it is not Gu Ro, you would choose this role. Thus, the role that actors dislike to play the most is Lee Sun Joon (smile). Surely, it is lead character. But, in acting, this role is said to be the character who is always tolerating. Such characters are the ones who keep coming out to the stage, but all the attentions are taken by other supporting characters with unique charms. In 『Queen Sunduk』 The role of Kim Yoo Sin is like that. Although that person should be the leading role, the attentions were taken by the characters with strong personality like Bi Dam or Mi Sil. Sun Joon is also a difficult role which can be like that. However, Yuchun was different. If he was acting to appeal that “I am also here,” he was shaded by Gu Ro or Yeo Rim and sunk. But, he was not distracted by other roles and completed his role as a reticent and sincere character. With calm, but powerful force. This looks like just being there, but this is actually a great acting. The restlessness of his mind caused by being attracted to his male fellow was delivered just like that it can be grasped by hands. It was the same kind of pleasure that I can feel from high quality comedy by Shakespeare. I could not realize that this was his first acting experience.Moreover, everything was great including the fact that he chose the role by himself since he made a judgment that it fit him well although this role had the highest possibility to lose the most. He did not try to show his uniqueness, but he acted in a spontaneous manner. This spontaneous acting is difficult.
It is certain that he highly thinks of the characteristics of his roles and he seems to empathize with them
T: I thought the same way. Although Gu Ro or Yeo Rim are easy to understand and very cool, Sun Joon has a mysterious charm. Once you fall for him, you can’t get out from him. If you watched repeatedly, your eyes would be following Sun Joon. He didn’t force you like “I am so cool” or “you have to be impressed with this.” Since there was no unnecessary tension in his acting, his acting never bothered the acting of his counterparts or the flow of the story. His acting is the one that doesn’t give any stress to viewers. While there are many actors who would like to show their unique characteristics, it is certain that he highly thinks of the characteristics of his roles and he seems to empathize with them.And, eyes. This was also in the conversation during the interview with him. Yuchun said 『It is OK if a few lines are wrong or I miss a few of them. I am more careful about the movement of eyeline. Because I think people’s emotions are entirely coming from their eyes than their words.』 After I was told that, there are many parts I can come to think of.For example, in 『Sungkyungkwan』, when he spoke to Yun Hee that he wanted her to watch him getting through his way, he stared Yun Hee’s eyes while he was speaking. But, when her lips came into his eyes, he avoided her eyes (smile). His eye direction was floating around due to his shaking hearts. In the movement of his eyes, his feelings were revealed so that my heart became flattered while I was watching (smile). He is excellent at expressing such delicate movements of his eyes. I also felt from 『Ripley』 or 『Rooftop Prince』. In 『Rooftop~』, he had to go back and forth from the past to the present, and he had to play multiple roles. Mr. Yagyu, you also have played multiple roles in one stage, haven’t you? In this case, do you elaborately calculate and go back and force?
Y: What is elaborately calculating… I am not such a skillful actor (smile). In case of Yuchun, even if he elaborately calculated beforehand, I think he has a natural gift to smoothly get into his roles with forgetting all those calculations when it comes to actual shooting.And, the degree of empathy to the roles. In 『Rooftop~』, there was a scene in which Lee Gak was dancing with Panda costume, I could see him inside although his face was not seen. Within the movement of Panda, Lee Gak was surely there. This was really mysterious. The scene in which Lee Gak was switched with real Tae Yong who was lying in the bed with empty eyes made me shiver. I can’t act like that. He must fully empathize his roles every moment.
T: Of course, it is a high skill.
lmNUK8K.jpg

He can show the acting which touches the viewers’ hearts because he is living with such sincerity
Y: I think he doesn’t consider it as a skill. But, it won’t work with simply being spontaneous. How to act spontaneous or how to look like real is supported by skills, anyhow. Then, if I talk about what are good for training for “the skill to make look like you are not acting,” I think it must be your daily life style or way of living. Your daily lives are coming out through your acting.
What I came to think after I watched his acting is that he has lived his life with such sincerity to face everything happening surrounding him such as the difficult situation in which he is in now including his activities as a singer, matters related to his family or friends, his love life, and etc. I think he can show such good acting because he actively and positively thinks of and confronts with something like the mission which is given to him or the reason of his social existence.
T: That’s right. As I said before, He is walking along such a difficult life which ordinary people can’t even imagine. He couldn’t even go to school easily because he had to do physical labor with his father to make a living. He experienced hardship and pain to be the head of the household when he was young due to the diverse of his parents. But, the fact that he was born with such fate makes him express so wonderfully. He is just a natural born actor.
Y: I came to think of a line from drama, 『Hwang Jin Yi』. 『To Gisaengs, the best friend is suffering』…
Every time he takes a role, he is adding his charms as an actor and as a human being
T: Absolutely. His way of living is also influenced by the way of living of the characters he has acted. Then, that will be again resolved in his new roles. As he plays new characters, he becomes more and more humanly matured. In 『Rooftop~』 or 『I Miss You』, I think such growth made the characters more attractive. I am expecting he endlessly becomes deeper and deeper and he continues to show us great acting from now on.
sEZJZW7.jpg

BIG THANKS TO OUR TRANSLATOR FOR GOING THROUGH THIS LONG AND DETAILED ARTICLE
Credit: Korean TV Drama Guide Vol 45
Translated by: Uttunfan
Shared by: 6002Sky
TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDIT

[TRANS] Snippets of Yoo Chun's interview in Singles Magazine April issue

yfrog5ecfehj790.jpg

Q: You are the eloquent, organised & well-read sort. That is true right?

YC: Not so, all I've been doing lately is GAMING, haha.

20121215190356.png

Q: Of all your images till now, which one do you fancy most?

YC: In actual fact, this time round, I planned to shaved my head bald completely, just like Hareem. In that way, I can tattoo on my scalp, haha, just kidding. Personally, I love long hair. When "Sung Kyung Kwan Scandal" ended, my hair grew so long to the extent that it could be tied up. I like that sort of hairdo. But once you cut it short, you will never be able to grow it back even if you want to. Now I understand why girls cut their hair and never grow it long again, my mum is like this too. Furthermore, if I want to grow my hair long, there must be at least one year which I don't work, but so far there has been continuous work.

Q: Previously, in your interviews, you mentioned that you will go with members to the outskirts to farm if you can't have activities anymore. In reality, is that possible?

YC: At that time, I did not say it casually. I really planned with the thought of giving up as an artiste and leave the company, sincerely relinquishing everything and only taking care of my family, just like that! It's the members who grab hold of me, and one another.

twimgmediabeii0mwcqaa16.jpg

Q: Do you have thoughts of appearing in variety shows in the future?

YC: A little burdened for talk shows, but it seems like invitations won't be coming anyway (LOL). Aren't there the free-and-easy type of variety shows with comfortable dialogue and some humour? Recently, I'm watching "Moving Forward - Stories Of Friends"

(chloe: you can google 행진 - 친구들의 이야기, DETECTIVE HYUNG IS IN IT. OH MY CHUN, YOU SWEETHEART.)

twitpicbq3mi3790.jpg

and I think to myself: if there is an opportunity, I would also like to appear in it.

(About his solo album)

YC: The style of the solo album is light, mild, and gentle. Even though the releasing is postponed, I will still slowly, genuinely complete the story -- and release it only then.

Q: Do you cry while watching movies or dramas?

YC: The times when i cry are usually in the morning, about 8 o'clock? Not that I woke up so early, but that I didn't sleep and remained awake till that time. With my bedroom door closed, I lie on my bed to watch. There were tragic ones which I didn't cry. There were also those that were nothing much but I cried like crazy. I try my best to watch alone. I'm the type to finish it myself, nobody knows.

CHI TRANS: 暖日呀呀

ENG TRANS: chloe6002

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://wp.me/p1gQsC-wX3
Check out 4pages of PYC episodes pics from Miss Ripley...
class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; "[sPAZZ 2011] Park Yoochun in “Miss Ripley” DramaMay 26, 2013 · JYJ3 Team

♪ Miss Ripley OST - Park Yoochun - “A Space Left For You” ♪

Episode 01

photo 110601_1.jpg

110601_2.jpg~original

photo 110601_3.jpg

To last episodes....

♪ Miss Ripley OST – Hwayobi - “Glass” ♪

Episode 14

photo 110713_03.jpg

110713_04.jpg~original

photo 110713_07.jpg

110713_08.jpg~original