[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest ^L4uRa^

hi girls~~

hahhaha.... we meet again here... it's been so long since our SKKS finished..

im so looking forward to this drama... hohoho.

Thank youuuuu for your kindness to translate those infos and shared it here.. :D

let's the "I LOVE MONDAY CAMPAIGN" begin~~~

<333

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yeezer

I kinda don't want Chunnie's character to have a love interest with LDH's character. My romantic side wants him to fall for a girl who also falls for him. They should pair him up with the other girl. How about he was hurt badly by LDH's character and the other girl picked up the pieces and healed his wound? :D

Guest dovey

Hi everyone!! Been spazzing at twitter, thought I start spazzing here as well.

Just EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD about his role. It's really quite like Chunnie in real life isn't it?

I see some comic relief, especially the part when he starts at the bottom, and his broken 'Korean' :rolleyes:

The only thing am still trying to get used to is 32 years old, there again, we have to get used to seeing him serious [or not??]

And MBC does not get international coverage, which upsets me a bit there... but there will be enough fans to do subbing...

Lee Da Hae is a good actress, I really hope she and Chunnie will hit it off.

Later everyone, will be visiting this thread very often.....

@JPhylls, you'll be busy updating 3 threads now.... thanks sweetie for putting this together. :)

Oh boy! This is exciting! This thread is just growing and growing!!!

Thaanks again to the creator and contributors =)=) Everyone's been updating this so much lately!!

Ah! and I love all the banners/wallies! I totally just had a spazz moment because I officially just made my 'Goodbye Miss Ripley' pic folder LMAO~

Really thankful for the character bio translations! It's great to have some more insight on the characters! No matter what, it's up to the actors/actresses to bring them to life!

I will anticipate them all!!

(Lot of SKKS fans here! So sorry I didn't get to enjoy your company in the SKKS thread along with my SKKS journey but I look forward to Chunnie's new project with you! Everyone!)

Now that this thread is moving fast, I'll need to keep updated lol

See ya round!

{I'm itching to write and read everyone's analysis of the episodes lol lol air date, come plz!!)

manda, I'd love to take this new drama journey with you :). And hope we all enjoy it together ;)

Hi there!! Nice to meet you~ I look forward to it as well!! =) Let's enjoy this shall we?~

manda.

Guest aida038

I'm translating some info from the Chinese trans that Laura unnie posted above ^^

-Lee Da Hae: Jang Miryeo, 26, unemployed atm, Japanese name: Mirai

-Kim Seung Woo: Jang Myunghun, 40, originally a doctor specialized in surgery, now works as general manager of the hotel

-Park Yoochun: Yutaka (what's his family name??? xD), 32, hybrid of birth: his dad is Korean, his mom is Japanese

-Kang Hye Jung: Ra Huiju (???), 24, Miryeo's younger sister at the orphan, major in hotel management

More details about Yoochun's character:

-Major in business, minor in sports. He loves water sports, once dreamed of being an athlete. 

-He's the heir of Monto resort

-Accept to take over the hotel, he returned to Korea. And there, ....(sorry for my lousy Chinese *quoted image*), he met Miryeo.

-He's exquisite, frank, active, and also warm, cruel (0____o Am I translating it wrong???), caring, sensible (Is he good or bad??? *quoted image*)

In important time, he's more reliable and sincere than anyone else. In other time, he makes decisions resolutely, always moves forward, he has characters of a leader. He's the prince-charming of this era!!! 

-And his Korean is lousy, but it's also his attractive point, as ngthuhienhas posted, LOL~

Yujin also talked about Korean fans' reactions:

-They don't like his name and his age *quoted image*.

-But they LOVE his personalities. They think that Yutaka and Yoochun are somehow similar. 

-All of those info come from the script's 2007 version, now the cast has been decided, they might change it. 

@jphylls, thank you for open a thread new drama of Yoochun..:) I can't wait to see him acting again...:) This drama sound serious too eh... yet i want to know another side of Chunnie of course..:)

Guest raiven

I'm optimistic this'll be really good since Kang Hye Jung accepted this project even though she'll just play the 2nd lead.

Guest misaki-dxb

I am so excitited to watch this drama ~ Lee Da Hae is the best actress and i like to watch evrey drama she's in ^_^

Guest Banana Peel

I was way too excited to hear yoochun in a drama again :D I became a huge fan after seeing him on sungkyunkwan scandal (gosh I was obsessed with that drama). I'm totally going to watch this drama. It definitely looks promising, especially the cast! I'm not sure about the plot yet, but I'm predicting it's going to be interesting.

I CAN'T WAIT OMG. How am I supposed to wait until may 30th? *sigh*

Guest jenknight18

with all the news about Ripley.. though melodrama.. the hype and anticipation is fast building up.. may it live by the netizen's expectations.. let us pray hard for that everything (writing, production, schedule, actors/actress commitment, weather, acting, etc) fall into perfect place as what happened to SKKS.

I'd like an underdog drama become successful than an over-hyped drama going down the sink *cough* *cough Athena*.. I love Yoochun and by knowing him for sometime.. I am 100% sure he is smarter than your average idol.. he is not picking a script that is just typical or marketable or image friendly.. he has this instinct of picking a role he can closely associate himself into (though he has only SKKS, his interview revealed why he choose LSJ's character so much that he insist playing that role..) ..

If he loves Yutaka's character.. there must be something  deep about it that he was able to see and relate.. Most people thought that since he is playing a role of an Hotel heir, that the character might be a spoiled, bratty, self-centered rich boy turned nice because of a girl (think BOF).. but i like the reversal in your usual KDRAMA hero of which the rich guy now is of good heart though with sad past, well-loved by parents and strives to earn success from the bottom even with the high educational attainment/stature that he already has (very JYJ-like situation)..

Yoochun might pull this off (but his inexperience in acting my limit him). Right now it both depends on acting and writing.. (I pray they do it well as a team).. and the girl is anti heroine (which I really dig lately, like in Flames of ambition and Cinderella Sisters) I think I had enough for the moment of poor, kind girls who is being stomp by mean second lead girl and protected by guy lead...

The second lead girl (Kang Hye Jung) is the good girl which is totally you not to get to see often.. ahahahah I'm intrigued.. I'm hyped.. let the spazz commence!

Note: I am not into melodrama..the only one I enjoyed is Shining Inheritance (yah I admit I have a thing for Lee Seung Gi too) but this, I have a good feel.. because I trust Yuchun's decision.. I always felt that among the DBSK guys he is one of the deepest and intelligent.. I hope I am not overrating him or giving him too much credit.. but I'd like to risk that.. *flashes a dollar bet*

I'm rooting for Lee Da Hae in this drama. So far..she hasn't dissapointed me. I've seen her in Green Rose, Robbers, EOE, My Girl and Chuno. Her melo and comedic role is great..surpass several A lister Halyu stars.

I wish her dark character in Good bye Miss Ripley will be her turning point to come back again as an established actress. She's a good actress and this drama will do her justice.

Guest JPhylls

Welcome all!! Old fans and new fans 

wub.gif!!! So happy that everyone is looking forward to this drama!!!

Here is a fanmade trailer from Korean fans, about our couple ChunHae (HaeChun??? xD)~ It's beautiful, a little bit sad ^^~ So excited!!! 

-

-

Btw, I think it's confirmed that it will be a melodrama!!! Korean articles today say it's a melo 

tears.gif

with all the news about Ripley.. though melodrama.. the hype and anticipation is fast building up.. may it live by the netizen's expectations.. let us pray hard for that everything (writing, production, schedule, actors/actress commitment, weather, acting, etc) fall into perfect place as what happened to SKKS.

I'd like an underdog drama become successful than an over-hyped drama going down the sink *cough* *cough Athena*.. I love Yoochun and by knowing him for sometime.. I am 100% sure he is smarter than your average idol.. he is not picking a script that is just typical or marketable or image friendly.. he has this instinct of picking a role he can closely associate himself into (though he has only SKKS, his interview revealed why he choose LSJ's character so much that he insist playing that role..) ..

If he loves Yutaka's character.. there must be something  deep about it that he was able to see and relate.. Most people thought that since he is playing a role of an Hotel heir, that the character might be a spoiled, bratty, self-centered rich boy turned nice because of a girl (think BOF).. but i like the reversal in your usual KDRAMA hero of which the rich guy now is of good heart though with sad past, well-loved by parents and strives to earn success from the bottom even with the high educational attainment/stature that he already has (very JYJ-like situation)..

Yoochun might pull this off (but his inexperience in acting my limit him). Right now it both depends on acting and writing.. (I pray they do it well as a team).. and the girl is anti heroine (which I really dig lately, like in Flames of ambition and Cinderella Sisters) I think I had enough for the moment of poor, kind girls who is being stomp by mean second lead girl and protected by guy lead...

The second lead girl (Kang Hye Jung) is the good girl which is totally you not to get to see often.. ahahahah I'm intrigued.. I'm hyped.. let the spazz commence!

Note: I am not into melodrama..the only one I enjoyed is Shining Inheritance (yah I admit I have a thing for Lee Seung Gi too) but this, I have a good feel.. because I trust Yuchun's decision.. I always felt that among the DBSK guys he is one of the deepest and intelligent.. I hope I am not overrating him or giving him too much credit.. but I'd like to risk that.. *flashes a dollar bet*

I love your comment!!! U're right that K-dramas usually are bad boy gone good, but now it's good girl gone bad (and back to good again I hope sweatingbullets.gif). 

I really love Yutaka, really!!! It's just that Sunjoon is too good to be true already, so I wanted him to try something different~ But then Yutaka turns out to be too good to be true too~ But then again, as u said, I trust Chun's taste!!! So let's wait to see how he will blow soul into his Yutaka wub.gif

About Kang Hye Jung, yes I know that she's a very serious actress, although I haven't watched any of her works~ For now we only know that her character is a sweet, kind girl (from the 2007 version)~ She choose this character, it means she's something ^^~ 

Guest JPhylls

I take a look at some articles, and we have some more insights of the characters:

- Miri: She seems to be a very very bad girl~ She doesn't hesitate to play with love in order to be successful~

-Yutaka: Because of his love for Miri, he falls into crisis and a tragic life (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tears.gif)

- Myunghun: He's tough and doesn't have mercy when he wants to achieve his goals~ But he also faces crisis when he falls in love with Miri

- Heeju: She knows Miri's scheme and wants to reveal it~ But then again she's trapped in a dangerous crisis~

It's a VERY melodrama!!! Everyone has a tragic life tears.gif~ Prepare tissues girls!!!

A good thing is that Curtain Call Media is very very very confident about the script!!! 

Guest thanhdda10

tweet from a “Miss Ripley’s” staff:

ttycd.png

[Trans] I’m at a meeting for drama “Ripley”~ He’s handsome~ Mickey Yuchun~ of course he’s DBSK~ It’s like light is coming out~ I’m purifying my eyes by comparing manager and Mickey Yuchun~^^

Looks like we’ll see actor Yuchun soon! I’m definitely looking forward to it!

Guest jenknight18

I take a look at some articles, and we have some more insights of the characters:

- Miri: She seems to be a very very bad girl~ She doesn't hesitate to play with love in order to be successful~

-Yutaka: Because of his love for Miri, he falls into crisis and a tragic life (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *quoted image*)

- Myunghun: He's tough and doesn't have mercy when he wants to achieve his goals~ But he also faces crisis when he falls in love with Miri

- Heeju: She knows Miri's scheme and wants to reveal it~ But then again she's trapped in a dangerous crisis~

It's a VERY melodrama!!! Everyone has a tragic life *quoted image*~ Prepare tissues girls!!!

A good thing is that Curtain Call Media is very very very confident about the script!!! 

seldom you see idols in melodrama.. (well I considered Cinderella Sisters melo and Taecyeon was there.. ) but the usual route is RomCom because of their light, friendly image.. also it is very daring to a newcomer to jump into heavy drama without the experience.. they might be taking acting lessons but .. it's a whole different thing when you're with experience actors/actresses, more if it's a lead role with some serious angst..

I always see successful dramas a coherent mixture of good acting/chemistry+good script+memorable soundtrack+good screenplay.. I'd like to take back also that the only melodrama I watched is Shining Inheritance.. cause I remembered I also watched (and really really liked) Stairway to Heaven and all the 4 series of Endless Love.. dang..  I am so frustrated cause I just remembered how Autumn in My Heart left me like a crying pile of goo for hours.. I hate it when someone dies or some good person ends up unhappy.. dang! I need to watch some RomCom to prepare myself it I'd be sticking with this..

more news today on Miss Ripley-credit JYJ's blog

[quote name='samzz' date='21 March 2011 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1300717541' post='16999484'

[News] Yuchun confirmed to star in “Ripley”

MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama set to begin airing in May, “Ripley,” has confirmed casting for its main characters.

According to MBC on the 21st, “Ripley” will star Kim Seungwoo, Lee Dahae, Park Yuchun, and Kang Haejung. “Ripley” is a traditional melodrama about a woman who falls into a endless pit of lies by telling an unintended lie which leads to another lie, and two men who falls in love which such a woman and go through conflicts and reconciliation while stand between love and ruin.

JYJ’s Park Yuchun has been selected for the role of “Yukata,” the son of a president of famous Japanese resort and will complete the triangle-love between Kim Seungwoo and Lee Dahae [T/N: meaning Kim and Yuchun will compete for the love of one girl, Lee].

</SPAN>

“Ripley’s” producers, Curtain Call Media, stated, “the strongest lineup consisting of the casting of Kim Seungwoo-Lee DaHae-Park Yuchun-Kang Haejung is increasing our expectations for end quality of the drama. Strong and structured script, fine and sophisticated production will become one and create a new drama that’s never been seen before.”

Meanwhile, MBC’s new Mon-Tuesday drama “Ripley” is planned to air at the end of May after “Jjak Pae.”

Source. http://news.nate.com.../20110321n16661

Trans by. withJYJ

--------------------------------------------------------

[News] Yuchun confirmed as cast  for one of the main characters in traditional melodrama “Ripley”

The actors Kim Seung Woo, Park Yoochun, Kang Hye Jeong, and Lee Da Hae formed the “Ripley Line.”

They have confirmed to appear in the new MBC Monday-Tuesday drama “Ripley” (working title; writing Kim Sun Young, directing Choi Yi Seob) which will first air in coming May.

Ripley’s storyline is: A lie accidentally made by a woman bears yet another lies, and as a result the woman falls into the pit of lies, and in the end faces the risk of losing everything (and have everything disappear into naught) due to the lies. Also, it is an authentic melodrama in which two men who comes to love this woman of greed and desires struggle and reconcile between love and destruction.

Kim Seung Woo was casted as the hotel manager Zhang Myung Hoon with cool sensibilities who was born in a poor family and has lived recklessly with becoming the #1 as his goal.  Zhang Myung Hoon is a man who faces the risk of having everything that he’s worked hard for to become #1 crumble as he comes to love Zhang Miri. He plays the role of a hotel manager for the first time in 10 years after the 2001 drama Hotelier.

Park Yoochun of group JYJ is generating high expectations by having been chosen as the son of the CEO of a famous Japanese resort agency, Yukata. In the drama, Yukata comes to know true love through Zhang Miri but also is of the tragic fate of having to become subjected to the risks of total destruction due to her. It looks that “Yoochun-Illness” which was set afire by the “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” will be re-ignited through Yoochun who will reveal himself as a true man.

Kang Hye Jeong steps forward as the kindhearted and innocent sister of Zhang Miri from an orphanage, Nha Hee Joo. In the drama, Nha Hee Joo comes to know her older sister’s corruption and fraud and in attempting to bring this to light falls into danger in the end by Zhang Miri. She comes back to the Television Screen 4 years after the 2007 KBS 2TV drama “I came to find the flowers.”

Lee Da Hae comes back to the Television Screen after appearing in the KBS 2TV’s “Chuno” in 2010, 1 year and 3 months ago. In the drama she will play Zhang Miri who, due to one lie, falls into a fatal (bottomless) pit and will show off her charms as a femme fatale.

The production company Curtaincall Media said: “The (most) powerful lineup of Kim-Seung Woo, Lee Da Hae, Park Yoochun, and Kang Hye Jeong is heightening the expectations of the drama’s degree of completion. Ripley will unite in one a solid and well-put-together screenplay, and sensitive and fashionable directing. A new (kind of) product which has not been seen before will be born.”

Source. http://osen.mt.co.kr...gid=G1103210190

Trans by. JYJ3

Guest hanabluefaith

[News] 110321 The Powerful “Ripley” Casting Lineup: Synopsis and Characters Revealed

Kim Seung Woo—Park Yoochun—Kang Hye Jeong—Lee Da Hae, Confirmed as Leads of the Authentic Melodrama “Ripley”

anhso-23254_14t96qt.jpg

The actors Kim Seung Woo, Park Yoochun, Kang Hye Jeong, and Lee Da Hae formed the “Ripley Line.”

They have confirmed to appear in the new MBC Monday-Tuesday drama “Ripley” (working title; writing Kim Sun Young, directing Choi Yi Seob) which will first air in coming May.

Ripley’s storyline is: A lie accidentally made by a woman bears yet another lies, and as a result the woman falls into the pit of lies, and in the end faces the risk of losing everything (and have everything disappear into naught) due to the lies. Also, it is an authentic melodrama in which two men who comes to love this woman of greed and desires struggle and reconcile between love and destruction.

Kim Seung Woo was casted as the hotel manager Zhang Myung Hoon with cool sensibilities who was born in a poor family and has lived recklessly with becoming the #1 as his goal.  Zhang Myung Hoon is a man who faces the risk of having everything that he’s worked hard for to become #1 crumble as he comes to love Zhang Miri. He plays the role of a hotel manager for the first time in 10 years after the 2001 drama Hotelier.

Park Yoochun of group JYJ is generating high expectations by having been chosen as the son of the CEO of a famous Japanese resort agency, Yukata. In the drama, Yukata comes to know true love through Zhang Miri but also is of the tragic fate of having to become subjected to the risks of total destruction due to her. It looks that “Yoochun-Illness” which was set afire by the “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” will be re-ignited through Yoochun who will reveal himself as a true man.

Kang Hye Jeong steps forward as the kindhearted and innocent sister of Zhang Miri from an orphanage, Nha Hee Joo. In the drama, Nha Hee Joo comes to know her older sister’s corruption and fraud and in attempting to bring this to light falls into danger in the end by Zhang Miri. She comes back to the Television Screen 4 years after the 2007 KBS 2TV drama “I came to find the flowers.”

Lee Da Hae comes back to the Television Screen after appearing in the KBS 2TV’s “Chuno” in 2010, 1 year and 3 months ago. In the drama she will play Zhang Miri who, due to one lie, falls into a fatal (bottomless) pit and will show off her charms as a femme fatale.

The production company Curtaincall Media said: “The (most) powerful lineup of Kim-Seung Woo, Lee Da Hae, Park Yoochun, and Kang Hye Jeong is heightening the expectations of the drama’s degree of completion. Ripley will unite in one a solid and well-put-together screenplay, and sensitive and fashionable directing. A new (kind of) product which has not been seen before will be born.” source: Osen

translation credit: JYJ3

Guest imogene_af

I hope it's a little makjangish... makjang if done right can be very good. It intensifies your feelings for the characters and just gets you so lost up in that world.

I like the characters of Miri's and Yutaka's so far. It will be a dark love story, I hope wants he figures out she is using him, he will try to seek revenge but it will all blow up to Miri's face because she has fallen in love with her prey. This has the makings of such an intense ride.

From:http://bbs.lovekoreastar.com/viewthread.php?tid=121225&page=764&extra=#pid1271799

cr: 暖日呀呀微博

3/21.消息更新:今天Ripley開拍,包括有天,李多海,金勝友和姜惠貞等主要演員都參與了在京畿道龍仁舉行的祈願電視劇成功開鏡儀式。另外,訂正一下:之前翻譯的兩篇「有天所飾演的角色性格消息」,文中所提到的"李和"不是Yutaka的父親,是繼母喔!^^"

3/21 update: ripley started shooting today..main cast including yuchun, lee da hae, kim seung woo and kang hye jung participated in the praying ceremony for the shooting...

T/N: previously translation mentioned lee ho as yutaka's dad, but actually lee ho is yutaka's stepmom's name

ooh lots of news today about the drama. The production team is really confident about this one. I hope it will be great with this great cast.

It is great to know that they started the shooting already :w00t: can't wait for it to air and hope we get some pictures from the filming soon.

LDH also confirmed that she begun filming today on her weibo:

LDHWeibo.jpg

I don't know Chinese but here is the google translation

"^ ^''Goodbye Miss Lei Puli "Today at last start of the ~! now nervous and looking forward to it! Ha ha ~ ^ ^ Also a lot of support and concern Oh! I love you ~ ^ ^!"

Goodbye Miss Ripley FIGHTING :wub: :wub:

ooh lots of news today about the drama. The production team is really confident about this one. I hope it will be great with this great cast.

It is great to know that they started the shooting already :w00t: can't wait for it to air and hope we get some pictures from the filming soon.

LDH also confirmed that she begun filming today on her weibo:

*quoted image*

I don't know Chinese but here is the google translation

"^ ^''Goodbye Miss Lei Puli "Today at last start of the ~! now nervous and looking forward to it! Ha ha ~ ^ ^ Also a lot of support and concern Oh! I love you ~ ^ ^!"

Goodbye Miss Ripley FIGHTING :wub: :wub:

haha

i know chinese, but jyj3 already had the translation!

http://jyj3.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/trans-110321-lee-da-hae-weibo-update/

(TRANS) 110321 Lee Da Hae Weibo Update

‘Goodbye Miss Ripley’ finally started filming today~! Right now I’m nervous but also looking forward to it~ Hehe~ ^^ Also hope everyone show lots of support and follow us! I love you~ ^^!

Source: Lee Dahae’s weibo

Trans + Shared by: Sharingyoochun

Yoochun’s New drama ” Goodbye Miss Ripley” finally started filming today…Good luck Chunnie!!^^

============

ps. lee da hae reads and writes chinese..she has a personal chinese tutor!

Archived