[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

JPhylls, thanks for the thread! ^_^

I'M SOOOOO HAPPY TO SEE KANG HYE JUNG ON BOARD! :tears: .... she's one of the best k-actresses I've ever seen in my life! so happy to see her comeback on small screen after 4 years! you go, unnie xD

Kim Seung Woo is also a great great actor ... can't wait to see his performance! :w00t:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ngthuhien149

I am actually hoping this is not entirely a romantic comedy. I need the "danger" involved in the real case. I actually would not mind a little makjang in this one.

It is an odd list for a cast, but I think it might just work.

Is the premise true? It's gonna be in the hotel world? That's too... common. Do it in the academic world! It will be much more exciting.

Looking forward to this one!

As I heard and predicted it is not rom com, there is wisdom fight in it as well. And hotel is not a common topis I guess, tell me after Hotelier is there any drama focusing on this business? No right? About the academic world, I think there are a lot of problems in it that may affect the society perception and it is pretty sensitive. So personally I think the plot is quite OK and unique enough. There is not a lot of dramas like this for a while until now. Now it is up to the writer, PD and actors to deliver it ^^

Guest imogene_af

As I heard and predicted it is not rom com, there is wisdom fight in it as well. And hotel is not a common topis I guess, tell me after Hotelier is there any drama focusing on this business? No right? About the academic world, I think there are a lot of problems in it that may affect the society perception and it is pretty sensitive. So personally I think the plot is quite OK and unique enough. There is not a lot of dramas like this for a while until now. Now it is up to the writer, PD and actors to deliver it ^^

I always feel like Kdramas are often too enamored with hotel magnates/chaebols, not just in Hotelier, but in a lot of other dramas. But with that said, the sort of "Catch Me If You Can" premise is enough to intrigue me, so I do not really care much for the setting anymore. It sounds delicious, hehe.

Guest ngthuhien149

I always feel like Kdramas are often too enamored with hotel magnates/chaebols, not just in Hotelier, but in a lot of other dramas. But with that said, the sort of "Catch Me If You Can" premise is enough to intrigue me, so I do not really care much for the setting anymore. It sounds delicious, hehe.

You r right about that. However as I said, FOCUSING in this business, I mean Hotel only, there are not many ^^ Like you can find chaebols format everywhere in Kdrama but most of them don't focus on the business but go for the loveline or the fight over fame and money instead, while Hotelier was really something about Hotel. Of course i don't know how the story goes but if it is like I said, totally worthy looking for ^^

And do u guys have a mix feeling about this one? Like in normal premise we know she is good or bad right by reading it but here, due to the statement that it is inspired by Mrs Shin's story, we are still clueless about how the character will be analyzed and if she is hateful or not.

Then will Yoochun be the normal spoiled brat rich boy or another Yoon Sama of Hotelier with playful characteristic?

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201103181028591001

又一篇有详细剧情的新闻

more plot info from from today's news

chinese trans by 韩星yujin, eng trans by me

李多海的角色是小时候失去父母,被日本的一个穷人家庭收养

lee da hae's character: lost both parents when young, adopted by a poor japanese family

虽然李多海很聪明学习非常好,能考上东大的程度

although lee da hae had excellent grades and was smart enough to get into tokyo university

但因为养父欠了赌债被卖到风化场所- -

she was sold to prostitution for paying back gambling debt by her foster father

李多海从那里逃出来后回到韩国

lee da hae fled from the prostitution and came back to korea

因为流利的日语实力偶然在某HOTEL担任了日语翻译

she worked as a japanese interpreter by chance due to her fluent japanese speaking ability

虽然不是本意,但她伪造了学历

though not intentionally at first, she later on forged her academic credentials

但是这个谎言被不可收拾地越吹越大

however the lies kept growing....

在HOTEL中遇到了HOTEL的继承人朴有天和HOTEL的总经理金承佑,并与这两人开始了三角关系

at a hotel, she met the heir of the hotel park yuchun & the hotel's general manager kim seung woo; the three of them form a love triangle relationship

特别的是朴有天和金承佑有接近20岁的差异

something special here is: there is nearly 20 years' age difference b/w park yuchun & kim seung woo

在两人之间,李多海陷入了与两位帅气男性超越年龄的幸福苦恼之中

beyond the age difference, lee da hae fell into the happy ordeal of choosing b/w these 2 gorgeous men

Guest imogene_af

I wonder how Kang Hye Jung's character will fit into all this?

And a prostitution ring? Sounds rather dark.

Guest Jaye_

i am so going to watch this!!! so happy to see Micky Yoochun in a drama again, and I like Lee Da Hae too!!! so hope it turns out to be good!!~ can't wait can't wait!

from the storyline, seems like it won't be a rom-com. And sounds like there will bbe lots of crying involved! and sounds like Yoochun will be someone who will be caught between the influential family and his love and I think from this, should be a role will lotsa potential! good luck, Yoochun!!!

Yay! A thread for this is finally made! ( I kept checking back and forth!) And everything is finally confirmed!

Ah~ At first I was a bit put off with the drama when I read through your comments that Chunnie might possibly not be the lead male haha...ahh

But now I'm a happy camper ^^

I think he did a wonderful job in SKKS and I miss that show so very much so I can't believe he'll be back on the screen again so soon!! Really happy!~

Admittedly, I've never seen any of the other cast's works but through word it seems they are pretty well-renowned actors.

The plot does sound a bit...eh~ But usually when I end up judging the plots like that I love the drama haha so, I'll just wait patiently and go in with no expectations but enjoyment!

(I'm a bit worried though..that one article that stated YooChun's casting took a while to get finalized because his manager wasn't too sure of his availability b/c of YooChun's participation in JYJ's upcoming World Tour schedule...

I really hope things will run smoother this time..balancing SKKS and the JYJ showcases really took a toll on Chunnie...I hope this time around the scheduling is more bearable.)

Other than that, I know he will always present his best.

Thanks! Work hard all!

p.s.

My goal this time is to be a part of thisthread through the whole drama's run!

Having to wait on subs and such always puts me behind the people in the thread, so I usually just end up watching it all on my own and going to read through the thread long after the show is over and everyone has moved on.

But since this is a summer drama, I have no excuse!

More than anything, I look forward to going on this new drama journey with you all!

See ya round~

manda.

Hi all, first time posting here :). Thanks so much JPhylls for creating this thread and thanks to all of you for updating us with the news.

I can't wait for this drama to air. They kept us excited for weeks with the rumors of the cast and then after the cast confirmation they kept us excited about what will be this drama about and now the excitement is reaching another level with our waiting for it to air :D . Although they didn't announce all the characters description yet but I love the story so far :wub: .

I am trying to keep calm and not expect too much but I hope this drama turn out to be great.

manda, I'd love to take this new drama journey with you :). And hope we all enjoy it together ;)

Guest antinh85

Man! prostitution! damn... melo drama in the calling...sighhhhhhhhhhh...... I hope they dont add that in. That is too sad to even think about. I quess they want viewers to sympathize with her but oh god.I don't want to see Da hae crying her heart out like "robbers". Too sad for me..

And i had so much hopes for it to be a rom-com. I haven't seen her do one in forever. Plus yoochun doing comedy is what i wish to see. sighhhhhh...Why drama gods! couldn't you fulfill the rest of my wishes!:(

Guest ngthuhien149

Finally more people are joining the thread. I keep checking this and see a few silent readings here and I have been waiting for more Lee Da Hae's fans joining as well. Welcome you warmly and I hope that we can together support the drama and its actors.

Thank you so much, Laura unnie. All the news you brought here really help us a lot since we cannot read Korean and Chinese ^^ All the posters look great and they make me so desperate t see Yoochun on set again next week. I hope you can continue spend sometimes to share with us when the filming is actually taken place

Did Laura unnie tell you guys the filming will start next week with Yoochun's part? I can't wait to see the stalking pics and the images of the character.

I honestly hated melodrama. I rarely finished one before, too much tear never worked for me. However, since Yoochun is in it and we hardly see him on media due to the agency's mess, I will watch and support the drama with all my heart. You guys don't know how worried I am because it is his 2nd pj and the 1st one is too successful but I will believe in him and the casts like always.

Love.

Guest jae90ful

hahaha i cant  even imagine yoochun will act with dae hee unnie

i remember watched KBS DRAMA AWARD last year...keke dae hee unnie say he love if can partner with yc in drama and nah dream is come true...lol

cant wait ....i ANTICIPATING this drama and this couple^^

Guest antinh85

I wonder how Kang Hye Jung's character will fit into all this?

And a prostitution ring? Sounds rather dark.

Imogene! long time no see! lolz.. I'm not sure if this is true so correct me guys. Kang Hye Jung plays the sister of Da hae at the orphanage. She is also the one that Da hae will steal the identity from. I quess we're getting ready to get on some cat fights. lolz. I never really remember Kang Hye Jung from anything but i heard she's a good actress. I hope she will not steal the lime light away from our Da Hae.

hahaha i cant even imagine yoochun will act with Da Hae unnie

i remember watched KBS DRAMA AWARD last year...keke Da Hae unnie say he love if can partner with yc in drama and nah dream is come true...lol

cant wait ....i ANTICIPATING this drama and this couple^^

Jae90ful Yea i remembered Song Joon Ki joking with Da Hae about that too. Maybe that's part of the reason why she's eager to take on this drama. I hope they will have amazing chemistry.

Guest au_dinosaur

I'm so excited for GMR!  The cast and premise are very, very promising!!

A big thanks to @JPhylls for starting this thread!  Looking forward to Chun's 2nd drama project (want to see what his concept "look" for the drama is!) and super excited that he's working with such a talented cast.  I shall be coming back/stalking for updates :)

I'm very happy to hear that our Chunnie is doing another drama so soon again... :D :D

Can't wait for it and I'm swaying to watch it "live" or wait till all episodes are out...lol...well, we will see if I'm able to resist this...hihihi...

I hope that they will have great chemistry together...I like Lee Da Hae ever since "My Girl" so my expectations are somehow pretty high...so fighting!...

Guest lyn_ne08

Woah :w00t: This drama sound promising. I can't wait to watch this drama. yoochun Gambate !!!

Goodbye Miss Ripley, Fighting !!!

Guest Fallin_st4rz

thanks everyone for the updating. The pairing of Da Hae and YC is sure quite unexpected but am looking forward to see how it goes, hope the chemistry betw them will be strong. Da Hae & YC fighting!!

Archived