[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please update on the MBC drama awards? Did LDH win the award? If an actress deserves an award, it is LDH for Miri. Hope she won it!

Congrats Park Yoochun for winning the rookie award again! :)

Mimi, love to read your posts again :wub:

No, LDH didn't win an actress award in MBC Drama Awards which I also think she deserves but I am not sad about it because she is already recognized for her role is Miri when she won Daesang/Grand Prize Award in the 19th Korean Culture And Entertainment Awards which is for sure more valuable, important and meaningful.

But congratulation to Yoochun and Kim Jung Tae oppa for winning :wub:

mbc11_yoochun2.jpg

mbc11_kimjungtae2.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest Starlitelet

Is this drama worth watching? It seems like the majority didn't love it, so I skipped this drama. I'm gonna take a guess that it's due to the protagonist being "mean" and manipulative. Anyhow, I took a peak of the first episode while it was airing, but decided to disregard it because I wasn't in the mood. Also, it didn't catch my attention. Perhaps, I wasn't in the mood for Korean dramas during that year (I was on drama hiatus - haha). Anyway, I stumbled across it again, but only on episode 9 because I wanted to see how YooChun looked like here - haha. It seems really interesting in terms of our female protagonist. I've always loved Lee Dae Hee so much, especially in My Girl. I started liking her in Green Rose. However, her other projects didn't pique my interest.

So back this drama... her character, Miri (I believe that's her name), reminds me somewhat of that character from When a Man Loves a Woman and All About Eve who are just self-destructive and plagued characters from the time they were young. And yes, Young Mi is one of my favorite characters in all of Korean dramaland because she's so complex and not color coded as black or white. I've always had a thing for these kind of complex/self-destructive characters when handled properly. Honestly, I'm getting tired of saint like girls who has everything laid out for them properly, but they're poor or they have bad luck with other things and somehow manage to stay like an angel :rolleyes:. Hence, that's why I'm posting on this thread.

By the way, Lee Dae Hee is so stunning! She is the definition of beautiful. Her clothes are always so gorgeous. I hope to see her in more projects in the future.

YooChun looks super young compared to RTP - haha. It has only been a year though.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this drama worth watching? It seems like the majority didn't love it, so I skipped this drama. I'm gonna take a guess that it's due to the protagonist being "mean" and manipulative. Anyhow, I took a peak of the first episode while it was airing, but decided to disregard it because I wasn't in the mood. Also, it didn't catch my attention. Perhaps, I wasn't in the mood for Korean dramas during that year (I was on drama hiatus - haha). Anyway, I stumbled across it again, but only on episode 9 because I wanted to see how YooChun looked like here - haha. It seems really interesting in terms of our female protagonist. I've always loved Lee Dae Hee so much, especially in My Girl. I started liking her in Green Rose. However, her other projects didn't pique my interest.

So back this drama... her character, Miri (I believe that's her name), reminds me somewhat of that character from When a Man Loves a Woman and All About Eve who are just self-destructive and plagued characters from the time they were young. And yes, Young Mi is one of my favorite characters in all of Korean dramaland because she's so complex and not color coded as black or white. I've always had a thing for these kind of complex/self-destructive characters when handled properly. Honestly, I'm getting tired of saint like girls who has everything laid out for them properly, but they're poor or they have bad luck with other things and somehow manage to stay like an angel :rolleyes:. Hence, that's why I'm posting on this thread.

By the way, Lee Dae Hee is so stunning! She is the definition of beautiful. Her clothes are always so gorgeous. I hope to see her in more projects in the future.

YooChun looks super young compared to RTP - haha. It has only been a year though.

This is not a traditional drama and not every body cup of tea. And it is surely not a perfect drama and it has its good and bad points. Actually I think the story had a lot of potential more than the drama itself ended to be.

But for me it surely was worth watching. IMO, the drama opened our mind to some reality facts that we usually don't see in a drama and I see it as Miri journey to accept herself and hold peace with the world which for me was interesting to watch. And as you said Miri is not the traditional type of heroine and indeed a complicated character which sometimes you can't understand her behaviors and even sometimes don't want to admit that there is really such characters in our world.

• 2 months later...

@apqaria I didn't see your post for so long. But I am so so glad LDH won a great award for this show coz she truly deserved it. Actually for the MBC awards, I felt bad she didn't win coz her role seemed to me the toughest of the lot. I am glad she is doing well in her career and really happy Korea appreciated her for her fine acting in Ripley. I thought because of the conservative public, they might not. But this is a nice surprise. :) More power to her!

https://rapidshare.com/files/3069520288/Miss.Ripley.E01.110530.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/969474918/Miss.Ripley.E02.110531.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/2640238340/Miss.Ripley.E03.110606.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/671280784/Miss.Ripley.E04.110607.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/3533788404/Miss.Ripley.E05.110613.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/3499854528/Miss.Ripley.E06.110614.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/3258971156/Miss.Ripley.E07.110620.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/3437895940/Miss.Ripley.E08.110621.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/1652607675/Miss.Ripley.E09.110627.HDTV.v2.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/647501338/Miss.Ripley.E10.110628.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/3779223719/Miss.Ripley.E11.110704.HDTV.v2.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/3532284762/Miss.Ripley.E12.110705.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/3309273446/Miss.Ripley.E13.110711.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/2084582793/Miss.Ripley.E14.110712.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/1105787282/Miss.Ripley.E15.110718.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4
https://rapidshare.com/files/1055747097/Miss.Ripley.E16.End.110719.HDTV.H264.720p-HanSun.mp4

• 1 month later...
Guest keziatan

Hai! I'm new here. I never like Micky until i watched this drama. Seeing him here, as a warm hearted man make me fall for him. Then i understand why he has a lot of fans haha... But this drama is my fav drama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest itscreamie

[Article] Empty Space For You composer talks about song and Yuchun in Miss Ripley Guidebook
imageThis image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Yuchun acted as Song Yoo Hyun and sang the OST “The Empty Space for You” in the 2011 drama “Miss Ripley”. The composer is Jeon Hae Seong and there was an interview with him in the Miss Ripley Official Guide Book (Japan). Below are some translated excerpts from the interview.
Jeon Hae Seong:
After being entrusted with the OST, I read the script and then I wrote the song.A drama OST has to match the character in the drama, that is most important. As such, Yoo Hyun’s theme song “The Empty Space For You” was composed after much thought about Yoo Hyun in the drama.Although he possesses many things, Yoo Hyun is a guy who is very pure. He has a high form of genuine love for one particular woman. When this pure aspect came to mind, I used it as the focal point and composed the music, wrote the lyrics.
Which part of the song do you like most?“I don’t want you to be hurt ~ ” This is the part I like most.When I was writing the lyrics, these words suddenly came upon me and I felt that they fitted very well with Yoo Hyun’s image. I recall using this part as the central point and then writing the rest of the song around it.
When composing, what did you most want to express?I felt that Yoo Hyun’s song should be simple, like a nursery rhyme. Yoo Hyun is not a complicated person; in fact he is rather innocent. So I wrote with the feeling of something catchy and innocent. The part where “I love you” is repeated, it is simple but it can also touch someone’s heart.
The scene where Yuchun sings the song for MiriThe only regret is that, being an important scene, if another live recording was done for that performance, it would have been better.(T/N: In this scene, Yuchun plays the piano and sings, but the song we hear is the studio version with full instruments. It would have been much better if they had done another recording with just Yuchun’s voice and the piano for this scene.)
Yuchun’s “The Empty Space for You”To be honest, I was worried at first. OSTs are different from other songs; they have a crucial role to play. An OST must blend into the drama. Besides singing technique, the singer must also express well the emotions and the feel. Even though he is a singer, and more so, an idol singer, I had doubts if he could express those emotions well. But he was excellent in both technique and expression. I am personally very satisfied.
What is the good point about Yuchun’s voice?It has a clean-cut beauty that differs with each song, and at the same time, it has the special characteristic of youthful innocence.And so I tried to bring out from this song his youthful image and he could also sing according to my intentions.Just as he has a wide magnitude for change, I feel he is an artist that we can expect even more from in future.His tone is more to the low key. Although he could sing the high parts, there was a tiny bit of strain. However, later when I listened to the finished product, it actually had the effect of highlighting the grief and sorrow, and so on the contrary, I liked it even more.And this, unexpectedly, fitted well with the mood of the drama.
An anecdote during recordingBecause of late nights in America (T/N: he just returned from JYJ concert tour) and also due to drama shoots, Yuchun was really lacking sleep and you could tell at one glance when he came, but in spite of that, I saw him do everything he can to give his best and it was very touching.Although he was not in a good condition, but the good thing is that he is originally a person with a solid foundation; he could finish recording in a short time of 3 hours; I was very pleased.
Source: baidu, @暖日呀呀Translation: melodysky@ParkYoochunSingaporeFanclubShared by Park Yoochun Singapore FC
Click here to listen to Yuchun singing The Empty Space For You:http://parkyoochunsgfc.com/2012/11/30/30nov2012-park-yuchun-miss-ripley-ost-part-3-the-empty-space-for-you/
OR HERE:http://parkyoochunsgfc.com/2013/01/31/31jan2013mv-yuchuns-solo-empty-space-for-you-with-pics-from-3hree-voices/

Just started watching this drama....started with 2 episode....so far it is going well... i,like many others, skipped this drama becuz many blogs as well as reviews wasn't really positive bout it. But lately, i have decided not to trust drama blogs as it tends to be more personally judgmental (actor n actresses) rather than focus on story plots.I have to say i m a HUGE fan of park yoochun and this is the only drama i skipped of him due to bad reviews but i tried to give a go n although i haf many more episodes to come n judge, so far from epi 1 &2, i haf to admit that i m surprised that I m kinda liking it (even though PYC doesn't haf much screen time)... other actors n actress are doing equally well esp LDH as her role as jang miri.... 

Guest vikirosdli

I just watched 2 episodes of MR once and haven’t watched over again (as it sounds very bad when I watched it from dramacrazy.net, I dont know if it's just my laptop or not). Jang Miri, her life is very miserable, but even though that, Miri real character is very arrogant and ambitious since she was a kid, so  Im not surprised though if she was born with a happy family she wouldn’t be a good person, moreover she is a smart, maybe if she was born in a happy family she would be a arrogant person (well this is just my opinion from the first two episodes).

Yoochun’s characters here like in a fairy tale, soo good, very generous smile, aghhh too perfect (good university graduate, can speak many languages, smart, rich, generous, not arrogant, good looking) I'm confused, in this 2 ep Yoochun’s character like second male lead, because he didnt show up much, I hope he will show more later.

Trivia:

- I just realized, the grandfather det in IMY was also playing in MR, so IMY is the second drama Yoochun with that grandfather.

- I know lee dai hee can speak english and mandarin well, but is she can speak Japanese too? Because she looks fluent in this drama

Sorry that I just can write a little, as I have already mentioned, because of the bad sound I didnt pay much attention to detail in this drama,,

And sorry for my bad English too 

@vikirosdli in episode 1st episode, i wonder why did yoo hyun stayed in tht kinda hotel or dorm despite being a chaebol??? n aso i m excited to see miri n heejoo frenship..lets see wad it leads to...i just realized i saw tht actress playing (heejoo somewhr it's not on top of my head)...n yea miri life is not ideal..i meant c had to do in japan just to get passport to go korea n look for her mom who abandon her for some reason...she wanted to start a better life there but due to visas n life complication, it so sad c has to start from the lies again!!!! oh oh not just miri, the myung hoon guy is also pitiful...it showed in epi 2 tht c was a docter before..i wonder he felt tht to work in the hotel just becuz he married a pretty spoil heiress??? 

Guest itscreamie

Tada, my second post on this thread. Although I love Yoochun, this is the very first time that I took initiative to watch this becoz of the very convincing recommendation of my chinggus from PYC thread. Hehehe :)
Waves to @vikirosdli and @priti :-h 
My first Song Yoo Hyun screencap. lol. 
12118743.jpg

Guest vikirosdli

@priti I guess because yoo hyun wants to live independently, in episode 1 or 2, his mother called and asked why after back from Japan he is not directly go home, and yoo hyun answer that he wants to live independently (but yes, his apartment is too simple for rich man like him). miri and yoohyun rooms are different rite, yoohyun room are big enough while miri’s room is very small.

Heejo is too innocent, I'm afraid she will continuously used by miri, and seems later heejo will have feeling for yoohyun. Myoong hoon, why he left his job as a doctor, what might he have ambition to have that hotel in the past? , I do not know,

But this drama is interesting enough :D

@itscreamie haii this is my second post too, are you already watch this drama? Love the sreencaps

>:D<

Edit : The actress who played hee joo is Tabloo's wife (tablo is famous korean rapper and member of epic high "hip hip group in korea") and tablo is very close with yoochun and jeje since long time ago. 

Guest itscreamie

@vikirosdli, thanks unni. almost done with ep 1 :DI'm surprised. Yoochun looks so polished in here. Not manly and rough looking! lol haha

Ok, I put my re-watching of SKKS on hold today to watch Miss Ripley again (just for you guys and this thread)  ;)...Two episodes per week, right?
I have to say again that I like Lee Da Hae. Very impressed with her acting before and watching her again now.

Interesting info I have learned:
Kang HyeJung who played Moon HeeJoo was in a long term relationship with Jo Seung Woo (The Classic, Horse Doctor) who won the Daesung prize at the recent MBC awards (sat with our Missing You group...and JJ). She later married Tablo of Epik High (hiphop/rap group of YG...same company as BigBang and Psy) in 2009 and Tablo is friends with YC and JJ as well. Read that she was disappointed that her role in MR was reduced in the course of filming because the drama was touted then as a Four-Lead drama...Sounds familiar with what happened to MYs 'second female lead' :(
Of course, we all know that Kim Seung Woo (who plays Jang Myung Hoon) was/is in Iris 1, Iris movie, and coming up in Iris 2 (with Lee Da Hae!)...I liked him a lot in the movie 71:Into the Fire (with TOP from Bigbang).=D>
Now, I realized where I have seen the second lead in Nice Guy before...He plays Ha ChulJin (Yoochun's character's friend) in MR.

Is it bad that I am checking out PYCs heart shaped adam's apple and perfect collarbone while watching this drama?;) It's probably because I have seen MR before and now I am noticing other important things...;;)

Is it bad that I am giggling when YooHyun spoke in Engrish? Nothing bad...I thought he was so cute! ;))

I will refrain from totally putting my cents into this drama (yet) because I don't want to spoil it for those who are watching it for the first time. Keep watching. I consider it a good drama with good actors in it as well. I would say though that difficult circumstances can lead to desperate measures and anyone can understand and relate to certain situations...

how to post something here but don't give a spoiler? hehehe......I want to answer all your question but t's a NO....NO....hahhaa......

coz I am only write just based on my memory so don't will post a lot of thoughts.

Just from the look, YC here looked like teenager among adults, hehehe.....

I like that YC help one passanger with her daughter.

YC's character really love from the 1st sight.

@itscreamie.....yeah, so polished.....and that's why I like him more on the ending part......

@vikirosdli.....that's right.....his character was so fairytale.....and that exactly was on my mind. He didn't had more screen time.

@priti....if you start make a lie after that more lie will come.

@tealee.....I love his Engrish, hehehe......

I would say though that difficult circumstances can lead to desperate measures and anyone can understand and relate to certain situations...

agree with this. So, I really understand why Mi Ri did all that kind of lies.......

Archived