[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This drama looks so promising. From the plot and the actors. I'm happy since Yoochun can act along with actor like Kang Hye Jung and Kim Seung Woo. I hope he can maintain his good performance during SKKS and learn more from these actors. I'm excited for this drama. I heard that they gonna start filming next week. Is that true? I hope all the best for this drama.

Guest miss_h

I am happy to find this thread...

Thanks for all the info and plots. So far, I love it. I love that both Yoochun drama is about woman empowerment and how they take control of their own live.

I can't wait to see them on screen

Guest ngthuhien149

I come back with some more news about the drama. It is really funny about how they develope Yoochun's character, XDXD definitely hilarious. Somehow it reflects the real Yoochun when he first came back to Korean XDXD

a0064493_4d858fd5ba34e.jpg

Cr: Yuchin aka Laura

Yoochun's character:

Name: Yutaka

Mom: Japanese. Dad: Korean

major: business administration, minor: sports.

Favorite sport: water sports. (As I know he is not good at swimming XD)

Heir of Monto Resort.

Come back to Korea to being collector of Ihwa Hotel. However when he comes back he starts to work as the lowest employee in the hotel to get experiences ( I am not sure what position, sth related to garden XDXD )

Personalities: fineness, straightforwardness, kindness, deep concern, emotionalist

Chun's character is "the prince charming of this era". BUT everything looks perfect except his clumsy Korean. When those silly slips of tongue come out from his own lips, it rather complicates the situation. But sometimes, because of his frankness, his not-so-good Korean skill can become his advantage.

Cr: The_little_pear @ Twitter

LOL I'd love to see him as garden worker XD

At first I thought the character was kinda merr you know but now I am totally amused and curious about it. I really don't know how they can come up with this kind of character. Totally hilarious. Bossy prince charming---> Have communication prob---> working at the bottom but want to collect the hotel ????? How r they going to develope this character srsly XDXD

To have a better understanding about the last part, you guys can watch this]

Yoochun-Korean is so hard

Oh no, basically he cannot speak any language XD

ALL INFO FROM 韓星論壇 http://bbs.lovekoreastar.com/

and jphylls will help translate the info~

thanks dear~

originally from dc's post:

DC上有个年龄设定 = =

이다해 - 장미리 (26세. 여자. 현재 무직. 일본이름 미라이)

김승우 - 장명훈 (40세. 남자. 본시 외과 전공의 의사였으나 현재 호텔 a 총지배인)

박유천 - 유타카 (32세. 남자. 한국인 아버지와 일본인 어머니 사이에서 태어남)

강혜정 - 나희주 (24세. 여자 미리의 고아원 동생. 호텔경영학 전공)

a0064493_4d858fd5ba34e.jpg

本帖最後由 Ayeon 於 2011-3-20 14:16 編輯

and the following is yujin's translation & comments:

李多海- 张美丽 26岁 女 现在无职业 日本名字 未来/mirai

金承佑-张明勋 40岁 男 本是专攻外科的医生 现任某HOTEL总经理

朴有天-YUTAKA 32岁 男 韩国人父亲和日本人母亲生出的混血儿

姜惠贞-罗熙珠 24岁 女 美丽的孤儿院妹妹 专攻酒店经营学

有天角色的具体介绍:

-YUTAKA 32岁 男 韩国人父亲和日本人母亲生出的混血儿,国籍韩国。专修经营学,辅修体育学。

最喜欢水上运动,曾一度梦想成为运动选手。某度假村的继承人。受到回酒店的督促而回到韩国,从酒店的最底层概念考试院开始体验,从而开始了考试院的生活,并遇到了美丽。

细腻、直率、活跃,而又亲切、酷、体贴、感性

但是在重要的瞬间,比任何人都更加稳重和真诚。另外在必须的时候,又能果断地作出决定,坚决地推进,拥有领导人的素质... 这个时代的prince-charming!! 除了对韩语比较生疏以外,所有的一切都看起来那么完美的他,有时也会因为无厘头的口误把事情搞砸,但这反而更显示出了他的直率,韩语不好的缺点有时也变成了他的优点。

==================

刚刚在DC看来韩饭的回帖

大家都对这个年龄有意见,角色的名字也不喜欢

不过性格和人物特点什么的就跟我们有天一模一样,好神奇

据说这个设定是2007年的版本了,现在演员都确定了,有可能会修正的

本帖最後由 yujin 於 2011-3-20 18:11 編輯

=============================

another post by yujin about lee da hae's character from dc

刚刚看了DC放出来的RIPLEY的企划意图

还真是个完完全全的女性题材剧本

而且女主角是充满欲望滴恶女来着,有点颠覆

===================

这里有个女孩

她没有钱,没有学历,也没有运气

所以就算遇到不幸的事情也只能逃跑或者忍耐

但是某一天,偶然地,这个女孩撒了一个谎

但是,原先再怎么努力都打不开的门被这个谎言一扇扇地打开了

所以结果

她发现这个世界,被骗的人是傻瓜,骗人的人却可以笑着胜利的规则的存在。

当然,

她是错的。

但问题是现在。

现在,马上,她并没有错,

现在,马上,坏人们得到的更多,

现在,马上,骗子们能得到更多的信赖,

这是她现在所看到的。

这些的证据是,她得到了梦想的职位,

得到了金钱,得到了名誉,

并且,得到了帅气的男人,两个!!

所以那个曾经平凡无力而又善良的女孩,

成为了特别的、强硬的、坏人。

对她来说,依然认为,不,是相信,这个社会靠谎言都能得到权力。

===================

56285029201103202127292715449325406_001.jpg

56285029201103202127292715449325406_003.jpg

56285029201103202127292715449325406_002.jpg

本帖最後由 yujin 於 2011-3-20 21:29 編輯

AND, the following is the FULL & COMPLETE chinese translation of yuchun's character description

man, such a complicated (and full of drama!) character! it requires & demands tons of acting skills. yuchun is indeed a man who never ceases to challenge himself!

671f4973jw6dffil0dncgj.jpg

From暖日呀呀微薄

English translation for this chun's character description will be done by me~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: this version of character description is unofficial and is for reference only.

Chun’s character description in ripley:

He didn’t know his biological mother was someone else until his stepmom brought him to an unknown graveside. Such an incredible story! Due to oppose from his father’s family, his biological mom couldn’t get married with his dad and had to pass away at a young age. Such truth made an impact on him and caused him to lock the door of his heart from outside world; he thus indulged himself in the sports activities. Staying far away from his family, he got injured seriously during his ride on a yacht and had the chance to witness his parents sincerely pray for his safety. Sensing the truthful love from his parents, he once again opened his heart and returned to his previous old life. Burying the longing for his biological mom deeply in his heart, he felt grateful and indebted for his stepmom, who as a woman, gave up giving birth to her own children (OMG, I am tearing up here…) for him. His stepmom wished to participate in the administration of the company for the sake of deep love for Lee Ho (his dad). Because of him, his stepmom sacrificed herself as a woman….after entering the university, he live by himself outside his home (he was in Tokyo University for a semester, and then he left for USA to finish his degree there).

He met his buddy there on the US university campus. Tae Jeng (name of his buddy) followed him around because Tae was doing a research survey on the second generation of mixed breed/multi-races (kids of different races). When confused at which proper answers to choose, he became close to Tae after a silly bet with Tae. To finish the bet of “who’s better at drinking” by popular demand, he ended up waking up at Tae’s apartment with the memory of finishing drinking two bottles of Tequila. He studied, ate, got food poisoning, and checked in at the hospital, going through all the ups and downs of his youth together with this pal Tae until he graduated from the college and received his PhD degree at Kennedy School. Afterwards, he had to come back to Korea to be in charge of the resort business because his dad suddenly got critically ill and also he had to take place of his stepmom’s duty in running the business ---his stepmom sooner or later had to step down from her position in order to take care of his sick dad. And then he met Miri during his temporary stay at the examination department of the company.

To him, Miri was someone who shared the similar loneliness as he; he thus fell deeply in love with her, and as a result, she also made him fell in the danger of failing. Appearing in the resort business with flying colors as the youngest owner in the field, whether it’s his quickly growing abilities, end result, or his outstanding gorgeous appearance, people were most curious about his dramatic private life. The persistent attention from media became a tiresome existence to him. To be able to live freely, he hid his identity and stayed at the hotel. He enjoyed going to the markets and the eateries and thought only by doing this, one could get to understand people, understand love, and he also believed only by doing this, one could get to know how to love. In fact, his stubbornness came from the hurt by his first love. During college, instead of truly loving him, his girlfriend loved him because of his background. He was seriously hurt and broke up with his girlfriend after knowing that by accident. Not by their background, the first priority of choosing his partner for him was finding a woman who shared the same feelings with him. Due to this, he chose Miri as his love.

Because he loved Miri and her talent, and for wanting her to be more distinguished in the world, he became as her umbrella. However, he later found out all her true love for him was merely lies. He decided to turn around after this huge harm. Nevertheless, he once again abandoned the whole world in order to protect her with the belief of conquering love’s wound together with her. And from the process of protecting her, he comprehended true love.

======================

and this is the actress who will play yuchun's stepmom in the drama

有天后母的演员,今天宁宁有翻译啊http://t.sina.com.cn/1343704512/wr4ktyocRr

【消息来自Blessing有天。如果米儿真的确定出演新剧,那么饰演米儿母亲(继母)角色的人是‘崔明吉’哦~~演技口碑极好的中年女性~~也很漂亮~~】

MCbf4.jpg

holy moly, the cast of this drama is EPIC!

=================

by the way, yutaka in japanese means “裕”..it happens to be one of chinese characters of yuchun's real name!

====================

more pics from chunsa 豬豬

我陷入了謊言的愛情之中...

一段無法回頭的愛情路..............

Xbfst.jpg

jk7SO.jpg

zepPm.jpg

d2Xul.jpg

ujDFL.jpg

y6xrU.jpg

QXzu1.jpg

WSnrN.jpg

ncZiU.jpg

DMdqF.jpg

b5TUi.jpg

Hi! First time posting after being a lurker for quite some time ^^

I'm excited that yoochun picked drama rather than romcom. He needs serious drama to shed that idol-actor stigma he has.

Not really digging Lee Da Hae,, but super excited for Kang Hye Jung!! And hot ahjussi Kim Seung Woo too...If chunnie wants to be an actor-actor.. These two are ones of the best in the industry;)

My concern abt the plot are

1. They are trying to justify LDH's character for being a con artist. It will be more complex if she was just evil because of the hardship she went thru. Not that it wasnt her purpose at first. Kinda makjang-ie a bit, but if u want to really showcase LDH's acting skills, might as well let it all go out

2. Chunnie's  character as a chaebol is kinda predictable. I was hoping he's some sort of a journalist or a prosecutor who teams up with KHJ to unveil LDH's lies.. Granted I'd probably drool watching chunnie be a chaebol, I just hope his character isnt the typical lead actor chaebol kinda type (am I making sense here?LOL)

Either way,I'm still excited to welcome back interesting drama with dark and twisted plot on my to watch list. Can I hope for What Happened in Bali agony? Or Story of A Man brilliant writing? GMR JJANG!

Oh and thank you Jphylls for making the thread :)

Guest yeezer

안녕하세요 여러분! I am also looking forward to 우리 박유천 next drama and excited about taking this trip with all of you. I'm so used to Yoochun's Lee Sun-joon, not sure how I'm going to feel about seeing him as another character LOL. I'm looking forward to hearing all about his shooting days with all these veteran actors. :D I'm sure our Yoochun will learn alot from them.

GOOD LUCK CHUNNIE!! HWAITING!!

Guest JPhylls

I'm translating some info from the Chinese trans that Laura unnie posted above ^^

-Lee Da Hae: Jang Miryeo, 26, unemployed atm, Japanese name: Mirai

-Kim Seung Woo: Jang Myunghun, 40, originally a doctor specialized in surgery, now works as general manager of the hotel

-Park Yoochun: Yutaka (what's his family name??? xD), 32, hybrid of birth: his dad is Korean, his mom is Japanese

-Kang Hye Jung: Ra Huiju (???), 24, Miryeo's younger sister at the orphan, major in hotel management

More details about Yoochun's character:

-Major in business, minor in sports. He loves water sports, once dreamed of being an athlete. 

-He's the heir of Monto resort

-Accept to take over the hotel, he returned to Korea. And there, ....(sorry for my lousy Chinese tears.gif), he met Miryeo.

-He's exquisite, frank, active, and also warm, cruel (0____o Am I translating it wrong???), caring, sensible (Is he good or bad??? sweatingbullets.gif)

In important time, he's more reliable and sincere than anyone else. In other time, he makes decisions resolutely, always moves forward, he has characters of a leader. He's the prince-charming of this era!!! 

-And his Korean is lousy, but it's also his attractive point, as ngthuhienhas posted, LOL~

Yujin also talked about Korean fans' reactions:

-They don't like his name and his age sweatingbullets.gif.

-But they LOVE his personalities. They think that Yutaka and Yoochun are somehow similar. 

-All of those info come from the script's 2007 version, now the cast has been decided, they might change it. 

Guest grassfield12

Yoochun's character:

Name: Yutaka

Cr: The_little_pear @ Twitter

Finally we got some details on Chun's character.

That sounds attractive enough.

Like you, ngthuhien149, I quite enjoy the gardening worker detail.  

Lee Da Hae, Kim Seung Woo, and Kang Hye Jung are all decent actors, why simultaneously raise some up and push another down when we have not even seen the actual drama? They are a team now, I'm optimistic that each member of Team Ripley will do their best for the drama (Chun is newer, so I'm secretly demanding a bit more from him, he was my favorite Scholar Jun after allwub.gif). Let's save our (negative) assessments till we have watched the characters and see their contributions to the drama, May is not that far away smile.gif.

^ JPhylls, Chun's character is supposed to be 유타카, right? So his last name should be Yoo (the Yu part in Yutaka, same Yoo as in Yoo Ah In). Yeah, the age distribution of the characters is interesting: Kang Hye Jung is actually 29 but her character is supposed to be 24. Chun's actually 24 but his character's supposed to be 32. Maybe this is just an old detail. I wouldn't mind if Chun's acting older than his real age.

Guest JPhylls

About Lee Da Hae's character:

There is this girl

She has no money, no education background, and no luck

That's why, when unhappy things happen, she can only run away or show restraint

Then one day, unintentionally, she made a lie

But, all those doors that she could not open before, now are opened by this lie

She discovered this world, where deceived people are fooled, and deceive people can easily, successfully exist

Of course,

She did wrong

But the problem is the present. 

Now, she still has no money

Now, more bad people are coming

Now, the lies are getting more trust

And then this is the present that she can see

She has the position that she has dreamed of,

She has money, she has reputation

And, she has handsome men, 2!!!

So, the weak and kind-hearted girl

has gone extremely bad 

She thinks that, no, she believes that, all those lies can bring her power. 

========================================

Guest JPhylls

This is interesting~ A good girl gone bad!!!

Chun's  character leaved me the impression of a comedy, but then his background is dark and painful, and now Da Hae's character too~ The script is very promising in my opinion ^^~

To those who thanked me for opening this thread, thank u!!!~ Haha~

To all: Let's spazz over this drama!!! wub.gif 

Guest ngthuhien149

Note: this version of character description is unofficial and is for reference only.

He didn’t know his biological mother was someone else until his stepmom brought him to an unknown graveside. Such an incredible story! Due to oppose from his father’s family, his biological mom couldn’t get married with his dad and had to pass away at a young age. Such truth made an impact on him and caused him to lock the door of his heart from outside world; he thus indulged himself in the sports activities. Staying far away from his family, he got injured seriously during his ride on a yacht and had the chance to witness his parents sincerely pray for his safety. Sensing the truthful love from his parents, he once again opened his heart and returned to his previous old life. Burying the longing for his biological mom deeply in his heart, he felt grateful and indebted for his stepmom, who as a woman, gave up giving birth to her own children (OMG, I am tearing up here…) for him. Her stepmom wished to participate in the administration of the company for the sake of deep love for Lee Ho (his dad). Because of him, his stepmom sacrificed herself as a woman….after entering the university, he live by himself outside his home (he was in Tokyo University for a semester, and then he left for USA to finish his degree there).

Thank you Laura unnie. The character is so awesome. I hope the writer and Yoochun can deliver Yukata well. I am not sure if 16 episodes are enuff to develope both characters Yoochun and Lee Da Hae but let's anticipate and support the drama as much as we can.

Guest JPhylls

Lee Da Hae, Kim Seung Woo, and Kang Hye Jung are all decent actors, why simultaneously raise some up and push another down when we have not even seen the actual drama? They are a team now, I'm optimistic that each member of Team Ripley will do their best for the drama (Chun is newer, so I'm secretly demanding a bit more from him, he was my favorite Scholar Jun after all*quoted image*). Let's save our (negative) assessments till we have watched the characters and see their contributions to the drama, May is not that far away *quoted image*.

^ JPhylls, Chun's character is supposed to be 유타카, right? So his last name should be Yoo (the Yu part in Yutaka, same Yoo as in Yoo Ah In). Yeah, the age distribution of the characters is interesting: Kang Hye Jung is actually 29 but her character is supposed to be 24. Chun's actually 24 but his character's supposed to be 32. Maybe this is just an old detail. I wouldn't mind if Chun's acting older than his real age.

I agree with everything u said!!! We're ONE team now, so let's support this drama together!!! wub.gif

About his name, really??? I thought it was a Japanese name~ Or maybe u're right, his father is Korean ^^~ 

Thank you JPhylls and laura for the translation.

ooooh, How I love those 2 characters (Mirai, Yutaka) :wub: :wub: . They are indeed interesting. Can't wait to see them coming alive on screen specially with our couple (LDH and Yoochun) portraying them and of course with the rest of the brilliant cast.

It really seems that the Japanese background is important in there and I think they will speak Japanese too but would it be possible now to film in Japan after the earthquake as it was planed before????

Guest ngthuhien149

ALL INFO FROM 韓星論壇 http://bbs.lovekoreastar.com/

He didn’t know his biological mother was someone else until his stepmom brought him to an unknown graveside. Such an incredible story! Due to oppose from his father’s family, his biological mom couldn’t get married with his dad and had to pass away at a young age. Such truth made an impact on him and caused him to lock the door of his heart from outside world; he thus indulged himself in the sports activities. Staying far away from his family, he got injured seriously during his ride on a yacht and had the chance to witness his parents sincerely pray for his safety. Sensing the truthful love from his parents, he once again opened his heart and returned to his previous old life. Burying the longing for his biological mom deeply in his heart, he felt grateful and indebted for his stepmom, who as a woman, gave up giving birth to her own children (OMG, I am tearing up here…) for him. His stepmom wished to participate in the administration of the company for the sake of deep love for Lee Ho (his dad). Because of him, his stepmom sacrificed herself as a woman….after entering the university, he live by himself outside his home (he was in Tokyo University for a semester, and then he left for USA to finish his degree there).

He met his buddy there on the US university campus. Tae Jeng (name of his buddy) followed him around because Tae was doing a research survey on the second generation of mixed breed/multi-races (kids of different races). When confused at which proper answers to choose, he became close to Tae after a silly bet with Tae. To finish the bet of “who’s better at drinking” by popular demand, he ended up waking up at Tae’s apartment with the memory of finishing drinking two bottles of Tequila. He studied, ate, got food poisoning, and checked in at the hospital, going through all the ups and downs of his youth together with this pal Tae until he graduated from the college and received his PhD degree at Kennedy School. Afterwards, he had to come back to Korea to be in charge of the resort business because his dad suddenly got critically ill and also he had to take place of his stepmom’s duty in running the business ---his stepmom sooner or later had to step down from her position in order to take care of his sick dad. And then he met Miri during his temporary stay at the examination department of the company.

======================

OMG I so love this I really hope the writer picks the best details to bring in to the drama.

I can't wait for May ><

Guest grassfield12

About his name, really???...

I'm not totally sure, but judging from the other characters - that their full names were given:

Lee Da Hae - Jang Mi Ri

Kim Seung Woo - Jang Myung Hoon

Kang Hye Jung - Na Hee Ju

I was thinking that Chun's character's name was given in full as well, that's why I interpreted Yoo as the last name and Taka as given name. But you're right, Yutaka is a boy name in Japanese, whereas Taka may be a girl or a boy name. So taking the Yu away from Yutaka could give us a problematic female name w00t.gif

Edit: ^Kennedy School as in the Harvard Kennedy School? even a Ph.D. from there? For sure, Chun is not playing a dumb guy  wink.gif

Guest BitterLemon

OMG thank you thank you thank you for opening this thread! And all the information shared...

I used to come regularly to soompi but not recently but now I hope to make this thread my new camping ground.

Waves to everyone, annyeong!!

Guest JPhylls

To him, Miri was someone who shared the similar loneliness as he; he thus fell deeply in love with her, and as a result, she also made him fell in the danger of failing. Appearing in the resort business with flying colors as the youngest owner in the field, whether it’s his quickly growing abilities, end result, or his outstanding gorgeous appearance, people were most curious about his dramatic private life. The persistent attention from media became a tiresome existence to him. To be able to live freely, he hid his identity and stayed at the hotel. He enjoyed going to the markets and the eateries and thought only by doing this, one could get to understand people, understand love, and he also believed only by doing this, one could get to know how to love. In fact, his stubbornness came from the hurt by his first love. During college, instead of truly loving him, his girlfriend loved him because of his background. He was seriously hurt and broke up with his girlfriend after knowing that by accident. Not by their background, the first priority of choosing his partner for him was finding a woman who shared the same feelings with him. Due to this, he chose Miri as his love.

Because he loved Miri and her talent, and for wanting her to be more distinguished in the world, he became as her umbrella. However, he later found out all her true love for him was merely lies. He decided to turn around after this huge harm. Nevertheless, he once again abandoned the whole world in order to protect her with the belief of conquering love’s wound together with her. And from the process of protecting her, he comprehended true love.

What's this??? TT~TT Unnieeeeeeeeeee, it's touching, his story is awesome... until the last part when it breaks my heart!!! How can he be that dumb and blinded??? In SKKS, to be frank, Sunjoon loves Yoonhee tooooooo much, he gives more than gets. And now this character too, srsly, what's with him??? 

Beside, he was hurt once b4, now again, n he still protects her????? How did he get a PhD from Harvard??? 

If the real script is turning in this direction, then it's a melodrama, full of tears~ And I don't want that TT~TT

I want him to reveal her identity, and get revenge, we need some intense fights, and then they can get back together whatever~ Not this TT~TT  

Archived