`Gossip Girl´ Showdown: Blake Lively vs. Leighton Meester

Guest massive toene

Guest whizzer's_rose

I agree that gg would be so dull without blair. she's the heart of the show. Blair is actually one of the more complex characters in the show since she actually has ambition.

furthermore, blair is a great character since she cares for people although she doesn't want to get hurt hence her pinkberryiness. Blair has "saved" serena so many times it's not even funny! moments where you do get a glimpse of blair's sadness and despair when she lets all her facade fade really does make you go "awwww.... =(" overall, hail queen blair =) i ship blair and happiness.

Cheers to that! Ever noticed how male characters paired with Blair's character seem to shine? like Chuck Bass for example-when he was paired with Blair he changed a lot. When Blair went back with Nate-he seemed like the perfect BF and then now Dan-he's lonely boy no more.

Guest Spicaa

I don't believe in judging people from the characters they play, so I'll compare them out from these criteria.

Fashion - Blake has a great sense of style in real life, while Leighton needs to hire her Gossip Girl stylist full time.

Beauty - They're both very beautiful, but Blake is tall, blond and blue-eyed, shows more skin, best buddies with the fashion alpha-dogs and therefore gets more press. -_- However, no-clue - she's had at least a nose and boob job.

blake-lively-nose-job.jpg

She also has bad complexion (but her rarely-seen freckles are cute :wub:) and lots of lines and wrinkles (?), but nothing makeup and Photoshop can't handle.

Leighton has also had at least a nose job, but damn, she was cute back then too.

leighton_meester1.jpg

I just want to pinch her cheeks. Her eyes are a bit puffy, but it makes her eyes seem very slanted and exotic. She has less lines in her face, but she has dimples and clear, firm skin. <3

I can't help but think that Leighton is like a young Helena Bonham Carter (not in skills, but looks - if she could smile sweetly like Leighton) xD

Charisma - Like Serena, Blake can turn lots of heads. Leighton not so much. :( More people apparently knows Blake's name than Leighton's, she has more star power, she's more publicly known, blablabla.

Skills - Fangirls. Seriously, Blake Lively is among the worst actresses out there. She has a limited range of facial expressions and can't control her voice, she can't show emotions and natural body language, while Leighton isn't exactly Academy Award material, but definitely knows how to act, as we see in this thread with posters mentioning Blair's personality and character development for being the reason they like her, while Blake-fans only mention Serena's looks. Blake's really elegant and definitely gorgeous but I'd rather look at her shoots in a fashion magazine where she won't have to speak and is a lot better at posing and looking good than do live action work.

Blake did grab a role in Green Lantern, but the director found her acting so horrendous, he gave her little screen time in the trailer even though she's one of the leads. xD

Winner - Blake has already gotten a footing in Hollywood, but with her lacking acting skills, she'll always be a B-actress deteriorating downwards to C as she grows older. She's definitely the winner when it's about fashion, and is more suited to be a model than an actress. Leighton has the potential and talent to do more demanding and complex roles, but it's a long and humpy road. No prob, she's young. She'll be able to pull off dark mind-duck plots - in time - and therefore she's the winner. Looks goes away but skills stay forever. :phew:

tumblr_lhm63eLCrQ1qz9vsdo1_500.png

Queen Leighton got what it takes to outshine Blake Lively in the long run!

Guest PB&Banana

Blake did grab a role in Green Lantern, but the director found her acting so horrendous, he gave her little screen time in the trailer even though she's one of the leads. xD

Is there an article that states the director found her acting atrocious?

Guest fionarhz

blake's only gotten so many shoots and seats to fashion shows coz she's anna wintour's bff.. i prefer leighton. blake lively is too boring for me

Guest massive toene

blake's only gotten so many shoots and seats to fashion shows coz she's anna wintour's bff.. i prefer leighton. blake lively is too boring for me

^i don´t know but sometimes i get the feeling that Blake is always kissing s.o. a**, especially all the fashion alpha dogs.

Guest whizzer's_rose

actually, in terms of style- Leighton is still struggling with her signature look. It's kind of a struggle for her to be praised as Leighton not as Blair( coz Blair has some damn good fashion sense) but nevertheless because she can act-she can carry looks like that of a young Manhattan socialite.

Blake on the other hand have a style very similar to Serena- but she also got some misses too.

Guest AAgurl789

let me do a full blown analysis...

character on gossip girl: blair for reasons that I've listed previously. She's not just some rich heiress who always gets chased by men or chases men. Sometimes, I even wonder why serena goes to school since it's hard to take her seriously (if you watch the show, you'll know why)...serena imo is just some rich heiress just waiting to inherit her inheritances. *shrugs* vanessa was right when she told dan that serena is all "ms fun and games" and if that's what you want in someone that's fine, but serena is not someone you want a bonding relationship with forever. the end.

style wise: tie...why? blake may channel serena by going with some cleavage baring, tight minis and "show my legs to the world," no pants persona however I don't consider this "style." she's had lots of hits and lots of misses. Showing a lot of skin is NOT style imo. Not that I dislike her for that since if you got it, flaunt it. She does have a nice body that makes clothes better on her but then that's different from being stylish imo.

Leighton on the other hand doesn't have a signature style which some may see as bad (I however don't) and thank god she's not like blair (although blair's fashion sense makes me go gaga with 100x jealousy). I do like it that she doesn't have a "I gotta look a certain way to define my style". I love it that she doesn't mind experimenting with feminine dresses, punk rock, sexy vixen, laid back casual, etc. leighton even said it herself that she likes to try out new styles daily (and what's wrong wit that), I won't count that as "I'm lost" and unsure of my signature style. no need to put her experimenting with new styles against her..I consider it a good thing actually.

muse_of_the_moment_leighton_meester.jpg

smile/laugh: leighton has such a cute and gorgeous smile. However, Blake's laugh is more "contagious", flirtacious and overall just more "in the moment" laugh that is very charming. I'm talking about her "serena laugh" (look below) as I like to call it and not the "fake posing" smile like at that chanel event. blake doesn't particularly have a better smile, but her laugh (different from a smile) is very cheerful and charming if that makes any sense cause I surely know it probably didn't.

090709_blake.jpg

extracurricular: why leighton of course! music, model, acting....triple always wins.

beauty: I can see why ppl consider blake gorgeous since she's tall, blonde hair, light eyes, infectious smile, big chest and she can look good in photoshoots but I don't find her gorgeous tbh. She looks too "mature" for her age. Blake is very attractive but not pretty imo (yeah that came off weird...google those definitions). Leighton however is gorgeous to me. I love her hair, lips, eyes, high cheekbones, dimples, etc. she's the refreshingly beautiful type that I don't get tired of looking at.

body: I like it that leighton isn't stick thin, but blake has a better body and the girl surely does know how to bring her assets (mainly her breasts and legs) to events. I would too if I were her.

better acting: leighton...she went from b**chy drama queen to psychotic killer to naive pageant queen. and she does a good job at it all.

does this face look the part of a psycho? I think so.

1296844388-theroommatephoto.jpg

personality wise: I don't know either but I give MAJOR kudos to leighton for carving a career for herself despite all of her family issues (her mother was in prison, etc.). Both may have awful or awesome personality, I just like the fact that leighton rised above her circumstances to become an aspiring a lister that we know today. leighton stated, "It made me realize that you can't judge anyone—especially your parents—for what they've done in their past, because people change." i agree.

so whose career will be better? hmmm....this is like britney vs christina. blake like britney will probbaly be the more popular one since she'll be overpromoted and sex sells...while leighton will probably be the more respected and accomplished of the two..now what would you rather be as an entertainer?

overall, leighton wins hands down.

tumblr_l9ty8lIGOr1qa6fclo1_500.jpg

ps leighton's nose looks exactly the same to me! I really highly doubt it that she had a nose job.

Guest tirahbunny

I am a fan of both Blake and her character Serena. I find her very pretty but sexy at the same time. I think I also prefer her long blonde hair as opposed to Leighton's. To me Blake just seems more approachable and easy going, her casual non-red carpet style is very nice too. i find Leighton intimidating just like her character Blair and she doesn't seem as down to earth as Blake. It also takes quite a lot to become a Chanel muse. Leighton is cute but i dont see her as really pretty like other people do. her face is too round for my taste and i think her hair is boring.

Guest massive toene

Leighton Meester´s best dresses:

102510hollywoodawards.jpgtca09.jpg

leighton_18650_celebrity_paradisecom_TheElder_LeightonMeester2010_11_24_PromotesHerbalEssencesinMadrid8_122_344lo.jpg

lm.jpglm2.jpg

sisterhoodpremiere.jpgzgf28a3tfj8ft3j2.jpg

zjhsrqdbf5t0shq0.jpg011611-leighton-meester-3501.jpg

Blake Lively´s best dresses:

BlakeBestDressed.jpg

02-blake-lively-bd0904.jpgBlake5.jpg

Barlow_Launch_in_New_York__February_25__2010.jpgBlake2.jpg

Blake-Lively1.jpg

blake-lively-8259-8.jpgdas-kleine-blaue_gallery_large_portrait_scale.jpg

FP_6510577_BoardofReview_RAM_38_46d.jpggrau-in-grau_gallery_large_portrait_scale.jpg

ofg1h8jqo8nygfhn.jpgrotes-tubdress-zu-roten-schuhen_gallery_large_portrait_scale.jpgyza7gk7dk83uu3d.jpg

schwarze-spitze-zu-violettem-tuell_gallery_large_portrait_scale.jpgschwarz-gelb-von-marchesa_gallery_large_portrait_scale.jpgblake-lively-9209-3.jpg

D7A4DB4C5E3016A7FB6BC248BABF3B.jpg

Leighton Meester´s worst dresses:

090710fno.jpg

sd.jpg

6a00d834fd7f7353ef01156f79e54b970c-400wi.jpg1272991938_meester-g.jpg

Blake Lively´s worst dresses:

334500l-86400http_a323yahoofscom_phugc_siqnWzUWqlLF_photos_2779202fbaf58a818b1f465523cfc81a_ori_ef7794535918e3jpgug_____DN22zdMks.jpgbauchfrei-in-chanel_gallery_large_portrait_scale.jpgBlake13.jpg

Green_Lantern_Press_Conference_at_2010_Comic_Con_in_San_Diego_July_24_2010.jpgvogue-fashion-fund-awards57.jpgfab9784e06188578_Blake-Lively.jpgblakelivelyamfar.jpg

Guest ling_ling

Leighton for the win !!

She seems effortlessly fashionable, she seems more genuine and has a personality !!

Blake on the other hand... eh whatever right?

Archived