[Variety] Survival I Am A Singer 서바이벌 나는 가수다

Guest chopper!

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

^

@shyda - I started feeling the singers nervousness too - I mean you can't fake the quiver in Lena's voice when she spoke!

i loved the collab of kim bum soo,jung yeop and PJY though <3 it was great <3

My fave was their collaboration too! I loved they way improvised and harmonized! Imagine if you're friends with such great singers? I'd be jamming all the time with them! :w00t:

I'm just loving Kim Bum Soo though - I thought he did the best, but then again I like more of the R&B feel he gave off...and man o'man, the dude's got powerful vocals! :w00t: I only know him from "Bogoshipda" song and other love ballads which I haven't heard him belt out notes like he did on the show. Newly impressed with him.

However, as much as I was loving Kim Bum Soo's practice performance, I was WOW-ed by the clips of the actual performances! They are so different indeed - it's expected, entertainers tend to feed off the energy of an audience and just seem like their exploding or riding the emotional wave with them, all the good ones at least...and these are EXCELLENT ones, so I'm not that surprised.

I love Yoon Do Hyun's song...Xiah Junsu sang it wonderfully back in 2006 and made me fall in love with that song, so I wasn't impressed with YDH's practice performance - BUT from the clips of the actual performance it looked like he really made his own and rocked it! :w00t::w00t:

I am sooooooo looking forward to next week's ep!

Guest Lil.Miss.A

yeahh I'm looking forward for YB and JungYup's performances too but it's another week awayy!! >.<

Never knew Kim Gun Mo was such a joker.. lol he's the oldest sonbae in the group but he jokes around so much

Somehow he always reminded me of Elton John..lol

Singers I want to see on the show.... Lee Jung and Ha Dong Kyun ^^

Guest shyda

here's the original Byun jinsub - To you, again

i grew up listening to this song, it's great.

it's by another really great Korean singer by the name of Byun Jinsub. Roughly translated it's called "To you, again"

Oh thank u so much for sharing the info..what a great song.. cover version as good as original song..both byun jisup and lee sora give diff vibe to this song..i like both version.. :D

I'm just loving Kim Bum Soo though - I thought he did the best, but then again I like more of the R&B feel he gave off...and man o'man, the dude's got powerful vocals! :w00t: I only know him from "Bogoshipda" song and other love ballads which I haven't heard him belt out notes like he did on the show. Newly impressed with him.

However, as much as I was loving Kim Bum Soo's practice performance, I was WOW-ed by the clips of the actual performances! They are so different indeed - it's expected, entertainers tend to feed off the energy of an audience and just seem like their exploding or riding the emotional wave with them, all the good ones at least...and these are EXCELLENT ones, so I'm not that surprised.

have you listened to Kim bum soo latest song duet with taeyeon Kim Bum Soo feat Taeyeon - Different I think this song really full with emotion from both singers..This song melody and lyrics really capture my attention..the sadness from the female voice and how the male voice plead and beg for forgiveness oh i just love this song and all kim bum soo song..u should listen to this song too Kim Bum Soo - Haru

oh I love both of them too.. i really hope Lee jung and ha dong kyun will participate too..both singer have diff range of voice and skill..i just can wait if they really participate in this show.. :wub:

Guest ruthie08

I would love to see Naul, Gummy, and Lyn on the show next! ^^

i would love to see them too! include hwayobi, jlim, sung shi kyung, and wax!

im a big fan of these singers...i hope not to see any idols in this show.

My fave was their collaboration too!  I loved they way improvised and harmonized!  Imagine if you're friends with such great singers?  I'd be jamming all the time with them! :w00t:

i'd be there when they are jamming together~def~~ 

I'm just loving Kim Bum Soo though - I thought he did the best, but then again I like more of the R&B feel he gave off...and man o'man, the dude's got powerful vocals!   :w00t: I only know him from "Bogoshipda" song and other love ballads which I haven't heard him belt out notes like he did on the show.  Newly impressed with him.

However, as much as I was loving Kim Bum Soo's practice performance, I was WOW-ed by the clips of the actual performances!  They are so different indeed - it's expected, entertainers tend to feed off the energy of an audience and just seem like their exploding or riding the emotional wave with them, all the good ones at least...and these are EXCELLENT ones, so I'm not that surprised.  

i LOVE kim bum soo's version~his vocals is JUST simply wonderful~ i love jungyeob's version as well~but Baek Ji Young is the winner for me for this half way inspection thing~its the voice+that feelings~and i dont even think she was already 100% in expressing her feelings~ <3 i cant wait for her performance~she rarely fail to impress~ these are my top 3 for now~ but hey its half way thru~

I love Yoon Do Hyun's song...Xiah Junsu sang it wonderfully back in 2006 and made me fall in love with that song, so I wasn't impressed with YDH's practice performance - BUT from the clips of the actual performance it looked like he really made his own and rocked it!  :w00t::w00t:

he did say during practice that they need to search for a good piano player and all~ :) he is a true musician~ eventhough not the best vocal but he is definitely a performer <3 YB band <3 cant wait~ T_T one week just seems to far away~  

yeahh I'm looking forward for YB and JungYup's performances too but it's another week awayy!! >.<

Never knew Kim Gun Mo was such a joker.. lol he's the oldest sonbae in the group but he jokes around so much

Somehow he always reminded me of Elton John..lol

kim gun mo is so much love <3 i want to see lee jung on the show too!~ OMG that would be awesome~ ah park hyo shin~why are you away?i'd beg you to be on the show if you're not in the army~ T_T 

Guest yeohweping

201103141555489000169-2-24078.jpg

http://www.cnews.co.kr/uhtml/read.jsp?idxno=201103141555489000169

Kim Yeon Woo could be making his appearance on "I am a singer" as the next replacement singer after the 7th ranked singer is "kicked off" the show.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201103141728051001

Yim Jae Bum is added to the reviewing artist list who might go on "I am a singer" after Kim Yeon Woo.

Guest shyda

Yim Jae Bum is added to the reviewing artist list who might go on "I am a singer" after Kim Yeon Woo.

OMG.....my fav singer ***speechless** :tears:

I cannot wait..please .. please make it happen yim jae bum..

*quoted image*

http://www.cnews.co.kr/uhtml/read.jsp?idxno=201103141555489000169

Kim Yeon Woo could be making his appearance on "I am a singer" as the next replacement singer after the 7th ranked singer is "kicked off" the show.

@yeohweping, RE: Yim Jae Bum - GYAAAAAH! :w00t: I'm so excited! He is like totally awesome!! His voice is like butter to me...:wub:

Some other singers I'm be giddy to see: Lee Eun Mi, Maya, Park Wan Kyu, Hwanhee (FTTS), Kim Yoon Ah (Jaurim), Lee Juk, and Jo Sung Mo.

There are others but these artists I have either not seen in a while or felt that they have been unfairly short-changed due to competition by the idol groups.

Another singer I would like to see is Wheesung - because he seems just as witty as Kim Gun Mo and I can just see them bicker with each other or even funnier, gang up together and be a pair of comedians in the group. I'm just laughing thinking about it! :D

T__T i hope it wont be kim yeon woo T_T i might not be qualified to say  this but IMHO i dont think he is on par as the 7 that is on now~but im jae bum! <3 NOW <3 PLEASEEEEEEEEEE tell me PD that you are doing all you can to get him on the show~ T___T beg on your knees so that he will agree~ T_T stalk him till he agreed+i dont care what you do~get him on the show~ HAHA~

Guest chopper!

T__T i hope it wont be kim yeon woo T_T i might not be qualified to say  this but IMHO i dont think he is on par as the 7 that is on now~but im jae bum! <3 NOW <3 PLEASEEEEEEEEEE tell me PD that you are doing all you can to get him on the show~ T___T beg on your knees so that he will agree~ T_T stalk him till he agreed+i dont care what you do~get him on the show~ HAHA~

i disagree~ i think kim yeon woo is on par with the rest of the singers on the show. he has such a beautiful voice and the way he sings is so calm and smooth which makes me feel comfortable watching him sing. it would be so awesome to see him sing in such an intense competition too. he may not have the great range like kim bum soo and jung yeop, but the show's all about feeling something right after their perf, and i def felt something watching kim yeon woo sing ^^

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=201103142103481111

Netizens voted which singers they would like to see on the show and Naul got number 1. then came lee sunhee, kim yeonwoo, park hyoshin, yoon mirae, tiger jk, lee seunghwan, lee juk, and kim dongryul.

you can see the list of singers mentioned by netizens. that is some huge number difference haha

Looks like we're not the only ons throwing around speculations ^^:

Who is the next possible contender for MBC’s I Am A Singer?

by kimchisteve on March 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm

In an attempt to raise ratings, MBC’s Our Sunday Night created a new program for their line-up called ‘I Am A Singer’ and has finished its second episode this week.

Here is a quick description of the show for those who have not been able to watch. Seven of Korea’s most notable singers are gathered and are faced off against each other to see who performs their assigned mission song the best. Every two to three weeks, the singer who comes in last place is disqualified from the show and is replaced with another singer. The current seven competing against each other are: Kim Bum Soo, Kim Gun Mo, Lee Sora, Baek Ji Young, Brown Eyed Soul’s Jung Yup, Park Jung Hyun (Lena Park), and Yoon Do Hyun.

Ratings have been skyrocketing for this new program, reaching 7.5% this week.

As the first elimination will be announced on next week’s episode, viewers have been speculating on who the next singer would be.

An internet survey that was held on a community site had netizens pick the singer that they wished to see next on the show. With an overwhelming response of over 10,000 votes, Brown Eyed Soul member Naul came in first place among 31 other candidates, gaining 18.8% of the total votes. Second place went to Lee Sun Hee and third place was given to Kim Yeon Woo.

Now, what’s your pick?

Source: Newsen

Reprinted by: Allkpop

I don't know much about Kim Yeon Woo - but public certainly sees him as a contender amongst the esteemed singers already on the show.

Guest shyda

An internet survey that was held on a community site had netizens pick the singer that they wished to see next on the show. With an overwhelming response of over 10,000 votes, Brown Eyed Soul member Naul came in first place among 31 other candidates, gaining 18.8% of the total votes. Second place went to Lee Sun Hee and third place was given to Kim Yeon Woo.

Now, what’s your pick?

Source: Newsen

Reprinted by: Allkpop

I got a lot of favorite artists..

from the lists i can see a lot of good singers..Naul will be the best but it's very difficult to make him come to tv shows..same like yim jae bum too..I'm watching Lee Sun Hee at Chocolate concert..she really like lee sora..range of the voice quiet a same..but both singer give diff vibe and charm..

When they talk abt yim jae bum it make me remember abt JK Kim Dong wook...Oh Gosh if they can make yim jae bum came to the shows it will definitely can make jk kim dong wook participate too..JK kim dong wook hardly stay at korea bcoz he love to travel..i just can see him once at Yu Hui Yeol's Sketchbook and he still superb singer..his voice was awesome..

I tried to watch all Kim Yeon Woo performance but still I cannot feel the charm but nevertheless from his performance i know he is a good singer..

How can i leave out K WILL from the lists..he also once a good singer in this current KPOP industry..

Guest dramaok

this show is just awesome. i hope it lasts a long time so they can get all the legendary singers on this show. you just dont' get to see them like this anywhere else. i like some idols too but they are saturating the variety shows too much. i mean they are pretty and they sing well and dance well for the most part but they don't have the kind of life experience that these established singers do. it's really interesting. a great concept and a greaatt title.

my dream list:

JK Kim Dong Wook

Lee Sun Hee

Jo Sung Mo

In Sooni

Sung Shi Kyung (pseudo legend but oh so good)

and this is not likely since he's not a legend, but, kan jong wook. ^^

I tried to watch all Kim Yeon Woo performance but still I cannot feel the charm but nevertheless from his performance i know he is a good singer..

this is what i am talking about~he is a good singer IMO but i always feel something is missing frm his performance and it just doesnt stay in my mind~well mayb i havent watched his best performance yet?

Guest shyda

my dream list:

JK Kim Dong Wook

Lee Sun Hee

Jo Sung Mo

In Sooni

Sung Shi Kyung (pseudo legend but oh so good)

and this is not likely since he's not a legend, but, kan jong wook. ^^

oh how i can leave out KAN JONG WOOK too..terrible me.. :(

i love all his song either OST song or his single..i just love them... :wub:

Guest exjoolie

i just saw this show yesterday and wow im hooked already!! so awesomeeeee! so many great singers in one show~

& woott i hope kim yeonwoo will be on the show!! i love his song 'couple', grew up with that song kekeke

this is what i am talking about~he is a good singer IMO but i always feel something is missing frm his performance and it just doesnt stay in my mind~well mayb i havent watched his best performance yet?

i think its ok though, just like on the show, people placed jung yeop last becus they probably weren't as moved as the other singers on the show. we're all different so we like to listen to different singing styles & some won't appeal to us~. i don't particularly like lee sora's songs, but i still think she's a great singer ^^;;;

adding on to the list of singers, lee juk & lee sunhee! hehehe :-D

Oh man, this show has overtaken my obsession for Glee. (Honestly, I haven't felt that Glee has been great lately.) I can't wait to see the performances next week and see if they tweaked the songs a bit more from their rehearsal session. I hope Kim Gun Mo does well because I've loved his music for over 15 years now. But that song just doesn't suit him and from the rehearsal of it, I would have ranked it 7th as well compared to the rest of the performances. Jung Yeob's take on One-Sided Love was definitely my favorite. Especially when they all came out and sang it together. I even like Yoon Do Hyun's rehearsal as well. It suited his voice. Maybe it was nervousness but I felt Lee Sora, as lovely as she sounded, seemed a little detached and didn't really connect with the audience. We'll see what happens...

Archived