[Variety] Survival I Am A Singer 서바이벌 나는 가수다

Guest chopper!

Guest serendipityyy

Do you think anyone will sub this show? I am dying to know wht they are singing and talking about =D

i can't fully commit to subbing, partly because of time constraints and largely due to not knowing how to sub..

but i'd definitely be willing to translate specific areas if anyone has questions...

as for the show.. man they set the bar so high right oft the bat..

lena park was so amazing. i actually thought jungyeob did really well too, i was totally surprised by the final results...

artists i would like to see in the future:

1. sung shi kyung

2. shin seung hoon

3. lee juck

4. lee seung chul

5. naul (brown eyed soul)

so many more i can't even remember atm haha

their offical twitter page posted a tweet asking who we'd like to see on the show so maybe i'll try to tweet them in hopes of being heard :D

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chopper!

this show is aweeeeeeeesssomeeeeeeeeeeee. based on the 2nd episode preview, who do u guys think will be eliminated??? i want lena park n kim bum soo to stay. but i've a feeling that lena park will be out this week bcause in the preview, everyone seems to be suprised

i also have a feeling lena park might be eliminated next week, but who knows x)

i wonder how this show is going to be wrapped up though. usually, in singing competitions, there's always one winner, but in this show, singers are replaced, so it's like a continuous chain. i don't know how its a survival? XD will it be up until the whole case is replaced with new singers? haha

well, i would still love to see more female artists ;D like insooni, lee eun mi, lee sun hee

maybe some jo yong pil! he would be the hugest shock to have on the show lol

Earlier this week, MBC unleashed its newest singer survival program, “I am a Singer“, which kicked off to an explosive start.

The program pits a total of seven big name singers (including Kim Gun Mo, Kim Bum Soo, Park Jung Hyun, Baek Ji Young, Yoon Do Hyun, Lee Sora, and Jung Yeob) against each other in a battle of vocal talent. For each episode, the singers are ranked according to a specific mission, and one singer is eliminated with votes from a 500-member audience.

The first episode surveyed the level of viewers’ interest each singer received based on performances of their own hit tracks. Park Jung Hyun came out on top with 22%, while Jung Yeob placed last.

Viewers were especially ecstatic with the way the program exhibited the artists’ true passion for music, leaving comments like, “It’s an amazing program, you can tell that the singers are all doing the best they possibly can. Truly an honor to watch the show,” and “Throughout the show, my ears had a blast listening to the talent, and my heart was racing with anticipation.”

Moments after the broadcast, the songs that were performed on the show began sweeping back into the music charts, with some tracks ranking at the top.

Unfortunately, because it was recorded in front of a live audience, the producers are struggling with spoilers leaking information about the missions and the eliminated. The controversy later developed into accusations about how the program was distorting results. One news agency alleged that singer ‘A’ was eliminated, but requested to re-record the episode because they questioned the standards of judgment.

Lee Jin Sook, MBC’s promotional director, spoke with Daily Sports on March 10th and explained, MBC’s “I am a Singer” is an instant hit, attracts controversy with spoilers

by VITALSIGN on March 10, 2011 at 6:29 am

“I met with PD Kim Young Hee yesterday and discussed various things. We’re all surprised at the reports claiming that we fabricate the content of our program, but that is absolutely ridiculous. We would be putting everything MBC stands for at stake if it were true. We feel that this controversy only came about because of the explosive response ‘I am a Singer’ has been receiving since its first broadcast.”

PD Kim Young Hee added, “I feel that the controversy isn’t even worth commenting on. It’s preposterous.”

The second episode will officially begin missions with the risk of elimination, as each singer will be given a specific ‘mission song’ that they must perfect and perform in order to be judged by the audience.

Source: JoongAng via Nate, BNT News via Naver, Focus via Naver

My little 2-bits:

Oh I hope the show doesn't get caught up with "scripting" controversy like other reality shows that resulted in decline of its in popularity (like Family Outing and We Got Married) - especially so early on. But it's hard to judge such great singers.

Perhaps knowing there are some difficulties in judging these talented singers they will change some of it from a "contest" to perhaps fulfillment of missions to get approval in order to be placed in "popular" group and those that didn't get a lot of approvals "not-so-popular" group (like Heroes - 'cuz in Heroes I found I end up rooting for a different girls depending on the circumstances). And really, these singers have a distinctive voice with a distinctive feel that it automatically feels unfair to judge them on one song or another...

Guest soompigalz

Just watched the 1st ep, and m REALLY IMPRESS, The whole concept is refreshing and the adding of the 7 gagmans make things even funnier,. For the 1st ep, i love BES JungYeob best, his voice stand out the most to me,proved by the highest point he got from the gagman judges, but too bad the viewers placed him the last, hope he'll survive for the upcoming weeks.

What i afraid the most is, when seniority takes place and blinded the judgement :sweatingbullets:

Guest Gsus86

Just started watching this show and it's a great show. I really like the concept of it.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

First of all, I'm so glad that they have a show like this - I loved seeing these awesome singers, and all on one show to boot!

The other thing I love is watching these revered singers are placed out of their element (you know, they're typical fare: nice little chats between their performances in the music show, or simply hosting shows).  They are entertaining still with their dignity intact (without having to succumb to K-variety antics).

I have to agree with the results given the performances these artists gave for the show.  It was fun seeing these confident singers nervous, and it came across in their performances.  Kim Gun Mo was so funny where observed how Kim Bum Soo looked like he was putting in a lot of effort when he was singing.

Lena's didn't seem to be in her best condition but her performance was indeed the most moving one.  I thought hands down that Baek Ji Young would win, but it could because she didn't come across as confident as her usual self.  It was surprising to see her so nervous.

Then again, these singers deeply respect each other and to think they are competing against each other would be nerve-wracking regardless what they think of their own talent.

Watching them be so nervous and insecure unlike we normally see them was the best for me too.  I think it shows another facet in their personality and like you said, still keeping their status as top artists.  

I'm wondering though who they will have to resort though as many get eliminated. Perhaps the winners from Star K?

Guest yeohweping

The singers on "I am a singer" are really sly besides Lee Sora. The way they sang at the competition & at the practice are really different.

If I was a competitor on "I am a singer",I would have scream out that they 'cheated' by changing most of the songs' practiced arrangements.

Like Yoon Do Hyun was singing his song as a ballad on piano during the group practice changed the song arrangement to rock on the day of the competition.

20110313215903217.jpg

Guest Lil.Miss.A

I love this show!!

Why didn't they come up with this before? So glad there's no idols in there.. only the truly talented best singers.. tho I'd like them to come up with different styles of singers.. maybe include rappers too?

The first 7 singers most of them are doing ballads, YDH looked like the odd one out in the group tho he really rocked it.

Still can't belive Jung Yup came out last tho o.O

Guest chopper!

i'm totally looking forward to the performances. trot, dance, and ballad songs.

i like how the singers did some last minute arrangements to their songs. keke

i'm surprised at yoon do hyun, he can totally rock that ballad! haha

i got goosebumps when kim bumsoo, jung yeop, and park junghyun sang together. wahh, daebak..~

can't waittt

Guest lucky_moon

these songs are sure challenging for all of them, during the rehearsal I think I was amazed with Kim Bumsoo, Park Jiyoung & Jung Yup they seems to me who sang the best but still we need to watch the performances next week.

i wonder how this show is going to be wrapped up though. usually, in singing competitions, there's always one winner, but in this show, singers are replaced, so it's like a continuous chain. i don't know how its a survival? XD will it be up until the whole case is replaced with new singers? haha

agreed!~i thought at first they are going to finish one round with this 7 singers,then do another round~but it seems they r just replacing new singers everyweek~i dont see why do they call it survival?

The singers on "I am a singer" are really sly besides Lee Sora. The way they sang at the competition & at the practice are really different.

If I was a competitor on "I am a singer",I would have scream out that they 'cheated' by changing most of the songs' practiced arrangements.

Like Yoon Do Hyun was singing his song as a ballad on piano during the group practice changed the song arrangement to rock on the day of the competition.

*quoted image*

HAHA~ it was 7 days before the real show~it was half way evaluation~they didnt cheat but they actually just show half of what they hav prepared~ ^^ 

i loved the collab of kim bum soo,jung yeop and PJY though <3 it was great <3

Guest ah-jefu

I just come to say that I really have come to love Lee Sora more and more.

I am so happy she is on the show and excludes humbleness and grace like some flawless being....

Guest shyda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMVXn8nVbI8

is anyone know what is the title of this song..

wow i really just amazed with lee sora here...when she started singing everyone look nervous .. me too nervous i got goosebumps when she start singing..blown me away with this performance.. B)

Archived