[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

"City Hunter" Lee Min-ho and Park Min-yeong's kiss scene

photo167777.jpg

The shooting set for Lee Min-ho and Park Min-yeong's kiss scene was revealed.

The SBS "TV News at Night" on the 28th, revealed the shooting set for drama "City Hunter" for the first time.

There was a kiss scene in a club in Gangnam, Seoul. Maybe because it was the first scene, the two kept making NG's. It turned out that they had to kiss on a turning plate and that made them dizzy.

After the dizziness was Lee Min-ho's turn to be hit. Before the shoot started he explained, "I have to be slapped so I am scared. I am using Park Min-yeong to get rid of a girl".

However, right after being slapped, he was swung over by Park Min-yeong. They had practiced a lot of times before the scene but still made mistakes.

Lee Min-ho smiled and said, "I am a mess today. This is a spectacle shoot".

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20110429n03669?mid=e0101

via HanCinema

Guest webby

http://news.nate.com/view/20110429n27156

this news says that Lee Yoon Sung (played by LMH) is the tutor of the president's daughter (played by Goo Hara). And Kim Nana (park min young) will be the bodyguard sent to protect the two.

Guest j01343

http://news.nate.com/view/20110429n27156

this news says that Lee Yoon Sung (played by LMH) is the tutor of the president's daughter (played by Goo Hara). And Kim Nana (park min young) will be the bodyguard sent to protect the two.

WOW~~

DSP is really treat GOO HANA a daughter :sweatingbullets:

The two main roles are playing around her~~

I amnot understand why the screenwriter will design this role!

I doubt this drama because the role setting!Pls excuse my attitude about this news...I have lost much interest ...

Guest pallycute

WOW~~

DSP is really treat GOO HANA a daughter :sweatingbullets:

The two main roles are playing around her~~

I amnot understand why the screenwriter will design this role!

I doubt this drama because the role setting!Pls excuse my attitude about this news...I have lost much interest ...

It's okay if you had lost interest in this drama. ^^

Honestly in the original manga, there was a story when Saeba Ryo (Lee Yunseong) become a tutor for CEO's daughter. Because his father want to protect his daughter and ask Ryo Saeba to teach & protect her. But if he come to her as bodyguard, she will reject him immediately, so he pretend to become her tutor. But about Kim Nana's role, hmm I didn't see her role in that story.

City Hunter's Korean Drama in Hojo Tsukasa Website (The original author of City Hunter manga)

67673y4ePM.jpg

The supporting leads of City Hunter

Now it’s time for the drama’s second leads.

In this show, those interlopers are played by Lee Jun-hyuk and Gu Hara, as well as Hwang Sun-hee, another contender for Lee Min-ho’s affections.

First, let’s take a look at Lee Jun-hyuk, who reportedly dropped 7 kg for the role of sharp young prosecutor. 

leejunhyuk_5.jpg

His City Hunter character is a familiar type, the caring Daddy Long Legs who looks after our heroine (Park). Sigh. Another one. I like him better being light and funny than taking on the doomed second lead, but maybe this is his way of upping the ante as an actor.

In case you’re scratching your head wondering why a 7 kg loss looks so much like his old self (say, from his City Hall days, or Three Brothers), it’s because he’d actually put the weight on for his last drama role, when he’d played the gruff star songwriter in I Am Legend. Apparently he gained the weight to give his single-dad character a mature appearance, to offset the age difference between him (then 26) and his sorta-love interest, Kim Jung-eun (then 34). Too bad those two had no chemistry anyway and that loveline ultimately fizzled.

In any case, Lee Jun-hyuk describes his character thusly: “He’s an intelligent, upright character with a strong sense of duty and responsibility. He has charisma and a warm presence.” Also, he will not get the girl, so there’s no use getting attached to that love angle, unless you like rooting for snowballs in hell. (Not that I’d say he could steal the spotlight from Lee Min-ho, but I think Lee Jun-hyuk has a boyish appeal of his own.)

Then there’s Gu Hara, the idol pop star making a leap into the acting field as the president’s daughter, whom bodyguard Park Min-young is assigned to protect. 

cityhunter42.jpg

So when the flighty first daughter heads for the clubs, Park follows (dressed in plainclothes), which is how the previously teased kiss scene comes about.

Gu’s character is supposedly fashion-conscious, but I remain unconvinced, as it still doesn’t explain why she’s wearing a Jetsons costume here. Seriously, it’s like they fashioned it out of air conditioning duct lining. Well, maybe she’s just really (really, really) ahead of her time. And maybe they run out of natural fabrics in the future, what with all the flying cars and grumpy robo-maids eating up our resources. Clearly she’s being practical!

CREDIT: dramabeans

Guest webby

we'll have to see but i think with Hojo Tsukasa updating his website with the korean version of City Hunter, the story should not depart from the main elements of his manga. After all, he was rather picky about how people will adapt his manga which was why the drama project never fell through for so many years. I don't think he will allow it to sell with his name and be totally non-city hunter-esque. the production side may just be stalling from giving more info to keep up the suspense.

There are a couple synopsis out there on DC and other sites. Found this on a post from Bestiz. don't know how true it is.

이윤성(이민호) 남, 28세 A.K.A 시티헌터

Lee Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho) male, 28 yrs old, aka City Hunter

"요즘은 예쁜 애들이 착해" 라는 모토를 가진 남자

"요즘은 예쁜 애들이 착해" is his motto. (Directly translating his motto, it means 'nowadays pretty kids are good'. LOL, may be it has a figurative meaning. please feel free to correct.)

윤성은 1983년 10월 9일, 아웅산 폭발사건이 있던 날 서울에서 태어났다.

Yoon Sung was born in 1983 Oct 9th in Seoul, when the Rangoon bombing took place.

이후, 이진표를 아버지로 알고, 필리핀에서 군사훈련부터 각 분야의 지식을 총 망라하는 고된 훈련을 모두 이겨낸다.

After that, Lee Jin Pyo became his dad, and YS mastered all facets of military training (including guns) in the Philippines.

MIT 컴퓨터공학박사로서 청와대 경호처에 특채되어, 드디어 한국으로 온다. 실상은 큰 조직을 거느리고 있는 이진표의 아들로서 수퍼카를 여러 대 가지고 있을 만큼 부를 자랑하지만, 청와대에서 가난한 박사 출신 몸치 경호원으로 행동하고, 밖에서는 매력적인 여자들과 어울리기를 좋아하는 일명 'HUNTER'로 생활한다.

Due to his educational background as a Ph.D in computer engineering from MIT, he was specially employed as part of the security team in the Blue House and eventually arrived in Korea. In fact, as the son of Lee Jin Pyo, who handles a huge organization, Yoon Sung is someone to brag about his wealth (owns a few sports cars). However, he works as a bodyguard (? may be security personnel) in the Blue House and is known as a poor PhD, while outside of his job, he lives as an attractive 'hunter' who enjoys the pleasure of female company.

하지만 이 모든 것이 이진표가 꾸미고 있는 거대한 시나리오 대로 움직이고 명령을 수행하는 것이다.

However, all of this is part of the plottings of Lee Jin Pyo and YS is merely following orders.

그런 와중에 첫만남부터 삿대질을 주고 받았던 동료 경호원 나나와의 일상은 당황스럽기만 하다.

그녀와 가까워질수록, 사랑이라는 감정이 커질수록, 자신의 친부모에 대한 궁금증 또한 커져만 간다.

In the midst of this, life seems disconcerted with fellow bodyguard Nana, whom he had a bad start with. As he gets closer to her, love blossoms, and he also becomes more curious about his biological parents.

source: http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?id=dramab&page=1&sn1=&divpage=13&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&keyword=[%BD%C3%C6%BC%C7%E5%C5%CD]&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=81694

Guest pallycute

we'll have to see but i think with Hojo Tsukasa updating his website with the korean version of City Hunter, the story should not depart from the main elements of his manga. After all, he was rather picky about how people will adapt his manga which was why the drama project never fell through for so many years. I don't think he will allow it to sell with his name and be totally non-city hunter-esque. the production side may just be stalling from giving more info to keep up the suspense.

Webby, thanks for your translation :)

Many people had lost their interest because the current setting plot.

I hope everything is gonna be okay after the drama start airing and many people would love the drama :)

New photos from SBS

Please don't hotlink the pictures.

LEE MIN HO as LEE YOON SEONG

Img0402_20110502140154_1.jpg

PARK MIN YOUNG as KIM NA NA

Img0402_20110502180354_1.jpg

LEE JOON HYEOK as KIM YEONG JOO

Img0402_20110502180513_1.jpg

HWANG SEON HEE as JIN SOO HEE

Img0402_20110502180553_1.jpg

GOO HARA as CHOI DA HYE

Img0402_20110502180623_1.jpg

Lee Min Ho films in the mud for “City Hunter”

20110501leeminho1.jpg

Earlier this week, actor Lee Min Ho filmed an intense fight scene in the mud for his upcoming drama, “City Hunter.”

The actor currently plays the role of an MIT graduate scholar/doctor, ‘Lee Yoon Sung’. Despite the harsh, cold weather where he was filming, the actor braved through it all as he fought against 12 guys for an action-packed martial arts scene.

For his role, Lee Min Ho has been practicing and learning martial arts consistently for the past few months from Kali Arnis, the same man who taught Won Bin for “The Man From Nowhere.”

Representatives of the drama said, “In this cold weather, Lee Min Ho pulled through filming this action scene with his passion and energy. You can really feel ‘City Hunter’ from Lee Min Ho’s more masculine and mature image. Please look forward to the new drama.”

Source: Newsen

via allkpop

Guest pallycute

Ilwoo_aein: Thanks for the pictures, I really love two last photos. I love to see their happy smile :)

Ok, Now more couple photos

:)

tyu4erfdf88.jpg

source: tvdaily.co.kr

Lee Min Ho & Park Min Young’s Love Judo for “City Hunter”

Actors Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young shared a sizzling judo session for their upcoming drama “City Hunter.” Lee Min Ho plays Lee Yoon Sung, a MIT graduate who works in the Blue House National Communications Team, while Park Min Young plays Kim Nana, a secret service agent and former judo athlete. The two leads will develop a romantic relationship as they bicker away.

On April 29th, Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young met at a gymnasium to film a judo scene. In the scene, Kim Nana (Park Min Young) is coaching Lee Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho) and other agents of the National Communications Team some basic judo techniques. While Yoon Sung is skilled in various areas, including martial arts, he hides his abilities and plays along Nana’s coaching advice. The two share a heart-stopping moment as Kim Nana pinned down Lee Yoon Sung. Both gaze into each other’s eyes, and it seems as if the two may kiss at any second.

Both actors have been taking judo lessons for two months to make the scenes as real as possible. Their hard work and passion for the production was evident as they completed shooting without a hitch. Actress Park Min Young put in a lot of hours into training for her athletic character. It’s been said that the two leads will have a signature move where Nana throws and pins Yoon Sung over her shoulder.

Representatives of the production crew stated, “Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young trained several months to perfect the moves, and the audience will be able to feel their passion right on the screen. Fans can expect great things from ‘City Hunter.’”

“City Hunter” is based on the best-selling Japanese manga by Hojo Tsukasa, which sold over a million copies just in Korea. The original manga by Tsukasa is set in 1980 Tokyo, but the drama adaptation will take place in modern day Seoul.

“City Hunter” is set to air its first episode May 25th.

Translated by hotsolover@soompi

Please don't hotlink the pictures

BONUS PHOTO :D

52927.jpg

source: ent.sina.com

I must've missed Kim Yoon Shik much!!! HAHAHA I wave to all SKKS fans out there!

PARK MIN YOUNG and LEE MIN HO, I am expecting a lot from this loveteam. I think they have a good chemistry!!! ayiee!!!

I WM EXCITED TO WATCH THIS but I DON'T WANT 49 Days to end.. hahaha

HWAITING SBS!

Lee Min Ho and Par Min Young showed “Love Judo” on “City Hunter”

cityhunter3.jpg

Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young showed love eye contact by “love judo” on a delicate mood.

They are casted as Lee Yun Sung who belongs to National map and network team and is from MIT Ph.D and Kim Nana who is a bodyguard of government and from judo player each.

They were shooting the scene learning judo at the gym in Seoul on 29th. Kim Nana (Park Min Young) was teaching Lee Yun Sung (Lee Min Ho) judo for a guard. He is expert in martial arts and a good athlete, but he took a lesson from Kim Nana while hiding his ability after entering government.

Lee Min Ho faced with Park Min Young in a sweet situation as he was flung by her. They made an eye contact while a sweet situation like they are kissing is made.

They took a judo lesson about two months from the expert in judo before filming 'City Hunter' to get the judo scene like real. They showed enthusiasm for drama by exercising judo after shooting was started.

Park Min Young strived to exercise judo impassionedly to express Kim Nana with a reality. Experts were unsparing of their praises on her fast adaptability.

She often threw Lee Min Ho with a shoulder throw like a trade mark, and it was changed from the scene Makimura Kaori, a female character, swings 100 tons hammer to Saeba Ryo, a male character when she is upset.

Production crew talked “They had been building judo skills for several months before the shooting. Their efforts will be showed up on the screen without a touch. Hope much attention will be given.”

Source: Osen

by heej0130 @askactor

You're welcome. I think you got your wish :)

Today's filming picture, Lee Minho and Park Minyoung (2011/04/23]

*quoted image*

cr: SBmarket

No, after seeing all the new City Hunter pics with Min Young, I am taking back all that I said about her hair style. I have got my wish:D