Quantcast
Guest adikkeluangman

[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Good to know the ratings are up. Hope they build on it in the next few episodes coz this drama has the potential.

My problem with showing Nana as so unprofessional is that it also takes away from the complexity of the plot. And no, I don't think the problem is in the acting department. If the character was believable and PMY was doing a bad job, then she deserved to be called out for it. Since I have seen many good actresses being let down by inconsistent characterisation, I don't think given this role, anybody could have done it too differently. And what bugs me is that the script-writers who are so imaginative when it comes to setting up each aspect of the revenge track are so careless with Nana's characterisation. Take for instance the last scene of episode 6. Aren't there other ways for Nana to see YS and the vet in such an unfortunate situation? Making her forget the room number and knock on the wrong door, the latest in a series of slips on Nana's part, is a shoddy way to move the plot.

There is nothing wrong with YS playing the superman or Nana not recognizing the genius that he is. Half of the fun of Clark Kent-Lois Lane relationship came precisely from the irony in Lane's looking down upon Clark when he was in fact the man she so admired. However, it also ought to be pointed out that Lois Lane was one very fine reporter and was ruthless and clever in getting her scoop, part of the reason why Clark also valued her so much. So, there are other ways of setting up a larger than life male lead without having to sacrifice the character of the female lead.

This might seem nitpicking to some, but asking YS, with all his troubles and the mission that he is, even going against his father,  to constantly worry about the safety of his ladylove is just too much. If Nana was just an ordinary girl, not well-versed in any defence techniques and not saddled with the responsibility of guarding almost the highest office in the country, then it would have been another matter altogether. 

I feel the CH team has the potential to take this drama to another level altogether. One can see it in how well they have developed the Prosecutor's character, who in nine cases out of 10, might have been relegated to just a shoulder to cry on for the female lead. Here, his character has been developed to be a perfect foil to YS in the contrasts of their backgrounds and the methods they use to achieve the same target.  No need to turn Nana into a superwoman, but at least let her do her job properly as a professional bodyguard.

Guest pallycute

I really want to see Kwang Gate (just to say I've been there)

GWANGHWAMUN SQUARE, please visit this >>> LINK

003786353.jpg

the meeting place where Kim Na Na gave LMH his coffee,

BYEOKCHOJI BOTANICAL GARDEN, please visit this >>> LINK (Korean)

002738505.jpg

the fountain that YS played in with the kids and Kim Na Na...

YEOUIDO HAN RIVER PARK, please visit this >>> LINK

002980447.jpg

------------------------------------------

I just found these on nate, I wonder what they wrote in the pictures :D

drtsdc01.jpg

rgsed7288.jpg

Guest PMYLMH143

My 2nd favorite couple after SoEulmates. :wub:

I thought this pairing would not happen. Because after i saw them in I Am Sam (although they didn't end up as a couple) i started shipping them and prayed that 1 day they will become a couple in a drama or a movie. :wub:

It's a good thing that it was PMY who was chosen as LMH's partner. Because when I came to know that PMY got the role, i didn't know what to do.

The kissing scene :wub:. I always repeat that scene. :D

Does anyone from the Philippines knows when is this going to be aired here in the Phil?

Regarding Nana's characterization, at least the writers made her a n00b at her job which can explain some of it... I know I was clueless at my job my first month and made mistakes. Secondly, her money problems have been resolved. 

Switching gears, this drama has a lot of fun characters. I always laugh when YS's boss, who always kisses his richard simmons, comes on screen. I like how he's convinced that YS is their ace - good instincts :D

EDIT:

For those who want to see the preview subbed, here it is

Guest vivaciousvixen

Lee Minho and Park Min Young has GREAT CHEMISTRY together :). PMY is so gorgeous...I cannot seems to find any flaws about her...her face is so gorgeous so is her acting :)!!! love her!

I agree!!! To be honest, I'm only after the romantic scenes between them. For some reason, I just couldn't get into the whole action aspect of the story. If it weren't for these two, I don't think I could endure watching this. Don't get me wrong, the plot seems promising, it's just that I'm not a fan of action dramas.

GWANGHWAMUN SQUARE, please visit this >>> LINK

*quoted image*

BYEOKCHOJI BOTANICAL GARDEN, please visit this >>> LINK (Korean)

*quoted image*

YEOUIDO HAN RIVER PARK, please visit this >>> LINK

*quoted image*

------------------------------------------

I just found these on nate, I wonder what they wrote in the pictures :D

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!! I can't tell you how thankful I am! Now I can add it to my itinerary :P

The recap of episodes 6 is already up on javabeans' website:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/06/city-hunter-episode-6/

Regarding Nana's characterization, at least the writers made her a n00b at her job which can explain some of it... I know I was clueless at my job my first month and made mistakes. Secondly, her money problems have been resolved. 

Yeah, but her current job is protecting the daughter of the most important person in her country and a presidential candidate to boot.  She should not be characterized in a way that takes away from her effectiveness as she was chosen to perform this task.

As to her money problems going away, I don't think so.  This issue should pop back up with another round of background checks on current personnel, which her boss mentioned.  She could lose her job if they think someone is funding her for dubious reasons if she cannot explain it all away....

So anyone know what PMY embroidered on the pieces on cloth on her coffee table? I'm dying to know! Thanks in advance!

can someone please tell me whom nana was making a embroidery for?? was it for YS??

Guest internation

I wonder if anyone had Cupid - Girl's Day instrumental

I have been looking for it to use it as my phone ringtone :w00t:

but I didn't find it only the song itself

help :tears:

Guest PMYLMH143

can someone please tell me whom nana was making a embroidery for?? was it for YS??

I think the embroidery was for Yong ju.

So anyone know what PMY embroidered on the pieces on cloth on her coffee table? I'm dying to know! Thanks in advance!

I think what is written there is your handsome? if i'm correct but this is based on what i have watched and read from the subtitle.

After watching ep 7 preview it seems to me YS has discovered that his mother did not abandon him. He is kinda unrespectful towards his dad. He answers him without looking him in the face...

and do you think SH setted up a trap for Yj being jealous?? she didnt seem shocked when he was there at the front door with Nana and looking at her with such a face....

Guest sharon89

I wonder if anyone had Cupid - Girl's Day instrumental

I have been looking for it to use it as my phone ringtone :w00t:

but I didn't find it only the song itself

help :tears:

here you are ^0^ ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?26ufbwwrce2f7ej

Guest internation

here you are ^0^ ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?26ufbwwrce2f7ej

no :mellow:

I didn't mean the acoustic version

I only want the melody(the music) if you get what I mean :unsure:

Anyway thank you sweety :wub:

According to girlfriday at Dramabeans, she said it said “Flower Pretty Boy”. Which basically means handsome like what PMYLMH143 said~ =)

Guest jdkk09

I came across this episode with Sang Jung which is very funny.  Especially since he seems to portray very serious characters in his movies.  He's playing a real meanie in City Hunter.  And he played a very uptight ahjussi in Life is Beautiful.  You get a look at personality outside of acting.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WG30CLelR-Q  

Cr: 4058d1

Does anyone from the Philippines knows when is this going to be aired here in the Phil?

hi PMYLHM143, I am also anticipating when will CH be airing in the Philippines :wub:

But I think, LMH dramas are already BOUGHT by ABS-CBN...

No offense meant to other TV stations here in the Philippines but I think

I WILL BE REALLY GLAD if ABS-CBN will still BUY the right for airing this

from SBS... as much as ABS-CBN is always dubbing AsianDramas BETTER

than the others, their dubbing is MORE ACCURATELY done too..

PLUS they really know HOW to ADVERTISE the dramas so every KDramas aired in ABS-CBN

are really KNOWN and SUPPORTED by Filipino viewers.. :w00t:

I am really CROSSING my fingers! :wub:

PS: Glad to know that Filipinos are watching CH in advance and here on soompi :rolleyes:

EDIT:

I saw GF's recap of CH episode 6.. and I am SO in GLEE that the picture she used was the SEXIEST PHOTO

I emphasized here on soompi thread... the one when YS is leaning forward to NN while he was looking at NN's lips... :lol: