[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest saladyum

Thank you for recaps, pictures, linkies...

City Hunter is so pretty! Everyone, every scene, every frame, so pretty. How do they film this? They even made the ahjusshi cooker look dandy cute pretty in his grey button down and pink cardigan.

This story has past betrayal, then hot guys set out for revenge. We have LMH brainwashed and trained to assassin as a second instinct. But somehow he develops a mind of his own that decides he ain’t want no blood on his hands. He has a path already paved in front of him (that of killing), built by drug money, and forged identity. But while trudging up the long road, he encounters warmth and hope. What side, what choice will he make? How long can he keep his hands clean? How long can he keep fake Daddy from discovering his weak spot named Nana? Will there be redemption? Will he be able to say he loves and be loved back? What is his destiny?

City Hunter has so much potential, and I’m loving every moment of it. Action scenes are awesome, rage is there (awesome actor who plays fake Daddy), romance is there (now I understand why people often say “sweet Min Young”, the girl is sweet without being mushy), some comedic release is also included. And LMH, oh LMH. I watched some of his BOF & Personal Taste, but never quite got the hype around him. In City Hunter however, he’s so convincing. He owns the character, smiling, brooding, walking, and kungfu-ing and all. Not even a scene of overacting. City Hunter fits him like a glove.

I’m so hooked on this series. Gosh Wednesday seems so far away. And LMHMG, Hello Gorjesss:

78953806.jpg

Guest rainyrainy

I have a question , are we supposed to know the 5 persons from which YS needs to get revenge of , I mean were they mentionned or showed in any of the epi ?

I dont know what it is about this drama that makes it so damn beautiful. The music ,scenes everything is just soo amazing. I love YS and KNN ,they are a match made in heaven lol. The fountain scene in episode 3 for me is just gorgeous ,YS & KNN with the kids looked like a proper family. Despite knowing that it may end sadly , i cant help myself but to watch the show. Like someone mentioned ,its kinda like time between dog and wolf . It has everything in it romance, action etc , there are no boring parts (not yet anyways) every episode is exciting and leaves me wanting more.

Im totally inloveeee with lee min ho and park min young :wub:

Guest rifka_kyu

i never thought that i will watch the action type drama. but, with LMH in it, cant miss it. :phew:

huaaa, in episode 4 when nana left yoon sung house and then played ost love by YJB, hiikzz, that really sad..:tears:

for me, this drama is interesting. it has funny side, romantic, action, and sad also.

i'm sure enjoying it..

Fighting City Hunter :wub:

Guest pinky88

I have a question , are we supposed to know the 5 persons from which YS needs to get revenge of , I mean were they mentionned or showed in any of the epi ?

We saw them in the first ep. The 5 ahjussi's who planed the secret attacked in North Korea without asking the president.

Ah, have you seen already an episode?

Guest myphim

@rainyrainy: The answer to your question is in episode 1 (about 5 minute into the episode). It shows the five government official having a private meeting and deciding to retaliate on North Korea. So we the viewers already know who they are, but YS do not. I hope that answer your question.

Guest rainyrainy

@pinky88 and myphim2009 thanks so much for answering me 

Pinky yes I watched the 4 epi ( the last two RAW even though I don't understand Korean ) and I'm loving the drama so far and I don't need to say anything about LMH becoz he is simply amazing wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

but seems I need to return back to epi 1 and focus on the first 10 or 15 mn to see the 5 persons ( I wasn't interrested by the backstory and all what happened before lee min hoo comes to the pix that's why I missed the part about the 5 persons lool blush.gif )

OMG i dont understand why people are negative about this drama...I think its because LMH and PMY are 'young' so they think its a drama for teenagers or they think its not worth watching...but This is definitly a very very awesome drama...I was at first also not impressed at all, cuz we saw LMH in the middle/ending of ep 1...and PMY not..so i was kinda disappointed but now i'm amazed..LMH is sooooooooooo DMN good as always...and PMY is very natural and good :)...The plot, actors, music, sceneries but especially the ACTION scenes are awesome done..I who hates action sooo much, am adoring this drama :)..I hope the ratings will rise..How do they film those scenes? with the fighting/under water, cars, etc...This drama is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than any JAMES BOND MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the best korean drama action/romance genre :)

Cant wait to see the love blossom between Nana and LMH :)...LMH is already in love with her :)

Guest lauraholmes_1980

Yay I am so glad Lee Min Ho in in City Hunter, he is soo hot and such an amazing actor, people saying that the episodes are boring, are stupid.

Love this show, and it is only at ep 4 <3

Guest dramaok

after watching ep. 4 in full, i realize there's quite a disparity between the male and female casting in this drama.

the guys... all of them are great, oozing sexy charisma and even the support roles are very convincing and very believable,

but the women are not so great.

e04110602hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

PMY is still very sweet, i like her screen presence. she has that pretty girl next door appeal,

HOWEVER, i find her character unbelievable and also, a bit annoying with the random PMS displays and unprofessional demeanor.

her yelling at Yoon Sung because she was in a bad mood was not right. and did she run out in the middle of work to take care of her home?

and then she went and pestered the auction bid winner w/ her sob story? no you don't do that.

i hope that will change soon and maybe we get more background info in her and i'll appreciate her more.

otherwise i don't really get why the men are falling in love with her. i would think it would be more like a charity case.

also, prosecutor kim's ex, Dr. Jin, the vet still looks like a psycho the actress played in the drama "sign" with her freakish glare.

i almost want to think she has a double identity too. maybe a North korean spy.

and Gu Hara playing president's daughter, Da Hye is really overdoing it with the spoiled brat act.

i hope she's not just a one-dimensional flat character, but someone who grows up and shows more of the vulnerability of someone her age and position.

the other girl blue house agent Shin Eun Ah or something. also very unprofessional.

she doesn't look like someone who can protect anyone, including herself.

the best actress so far is Kim Mi Sook, who plays LMH's Yoon Sung's mother. even though her role is limited so far. i am always looking forward to seeing her.

let's get back to the men. where do we start with the good....

Mr. Jinpyo. woooo he's really hot for an ahjussi, no?

his misguided passion for his nation and his pain of betrayal, plus his determination for revenge.

oh so nicely played by actor Kim Sang Joong. he seems destined for a tragic end though.

Dr. Go. hilarious guy. a bit too giddy for a "genius" and not sure if he really comes across as too smart,

but oh well it's Gwangsu. we just need to queue the sad loser music and he gets my vote regardless.

oops i can't remember his character name. something like sang guk, but anyhoo,

i can't wait to see more of him. and how he's lived his life w/ his brother missing...

he really looks like he'll beat the crap of anyone who lies to him.

mr. hot jinpyo needs someone to talk to too, to calm him down a bit.

Kim Sang Ho so perfect as Yoon Sung's unwilling and clumsy sidekick, Bae Shik Joong.

such a great comic relief, and not forced. so natural and he brings out such a nagging side from Yoon Sung.

love that Yoon Sung has in him an unconditional supporter.

this hot-headed prosecutor is so hot indeed. but i'm scared to delve into his family background

and also, his real relationship with Nana's family. scared. please. just fight injustice looking so hot.

dont' fall in love with Nana. you're gonna get hurt.

last but certainly not least,

okay for sure the guy is hot head to toe but what i love and am most impressed about Lee Min Ho's acting is his eyes.

he really knows how to convey all the emotions of Yoon Sung with just a look. vulnerable, lonely, worried, strong, weak, etc.

so good. and love the guy liner on the guy too. he's just perfect now isn't he.

Dear Lord, forgive me for I have sinned. I have lived the past few years without realizing what a hottie Lee Min Ho was.

I repent dearly. I shall always remember what a hottie and great actor Lee Min Ho is.

Ilwoo and Minho are best friend forever kekeke...

I think many tall actors will have same problem like that ;)

Yeah, they are best friend forever..Can't wait to see Ilwoo, Minho and Kim Bum cast in one movie or drama :rolleyes:

I agree! Most tall actors will have same problem like Minho and Ilwoo :D

BTS pics update by Lemon_bab ^_^

img6969o.jpg

img7022a.jpg

img7056r.jpg

img7158bc.jpg

HQ pics for CH cast and MCM products ^_^

66356314.jpg

86373164.jpg

credit: dc

Guest mashimaro_aznviet

i'm just addicted to CIty Hunter more and more!! LMH did an amazing job!! love him!!! please spread the love for this drama!

Guest mumudav

I've just finished watching 4 episodes and I want to say that I LOVE this drama <3

I actually wasn't expecting much and didn't even plan to watch it but decided to give it a try because of Lee Min Ho <3333 And now I'm really happy I did lol :-D

At this point I like everything, all the characters, all the romantic present and possible future lines and I even like all the conflicts that are starting to grow now and certainly will develop later, keke~^*^

I bet Lee Min Ho's character will be breaking down between his mission and our female lead and the fact he mustn't love anyone and his father and mother who he thinks has abordoned him but for sure he'll it's not true, bwahaha, I can't wait for angst~^*^ It's strange cause I usually don't like angst in kdramas - it's usually too angsty and I cry a lot, but in this drama I wanna see Lee Min Ho angsting~^*^ It's my cruel love for him, hehe~^^

Anyway, I'm glad City Hunter has good ratings, City Hunter, fighting~^*^

Now Wednsdays and Thursdays are my favourite days lol cause i'm waiting for all the three dramas airing on that days: City Hunter, The Greatest Love and Romace Town, kekeke~^*^

I just started watching and seeing all those actors I'd recently seen in other dramas was a bit distracting. Like that one dude that was in Midas, then 49 Days and now this one. wacko.gif Does this man not rest? lol. Okay, back to watching. 

Oh, and Lee Min Ho is very sexy wub.gif and I love how his father hasn't aged in almost 30 years :D

Okay, first episode was good. Kinda pissed that they had me perving on a 17 year old. dry.gif There should have been a warning or something. 

Aww... the OTP is cute. Liking them already. 

EDIT:

Finished all 4. Kind of wish I didn't watch and waited till it aired cos I want to keep watching to the end. :( Totally like the OTP and hope there's no annoying ending. unsure.gif

I guess we're going to watch them take out those 5 guys but I doubt he'd be able to quit and have a normal life, though. I wonder if she finds out he's the City Hunter (I think it will be good if she does). 

She kind of reminds me of myself when I was a teenager and thought I was so strong and would show my strength to this one guy all the time till one day when he showed me the difference between a woman and a man. lol. I want her to see what he can really do although the kick to her leg must have taught her a thing or two. laugh.gif

Since this is a kdrama, I wonder if it will turn out that Jin Pyo was in love with Yoon Sung's mom. The guy doesn't appear to be capable of such emotions in his present state but who knows about the past? 

The president seems to be the most upstanding of the bunch and other than him, I agree that those other 4 knuckleheads should be slaughtered like animals. Let them meet the same fate those 20 men met. 

I wonder what YS will do to his father once he realizes he was stolen from his mom. So much story to go through here. 

I like the love triangle and like that YS is getting jealous, lol... but he kind of doesn't actually deserve it. She obviously doesn't realize it but he's actually nice to her. I'm looking forward to seeing her develop some feelings and get really jealous when he's with another girl (the vet?).

Anyway, good drama and looking forward to the rest. 

P.S.

dramaok, your post was hilarious. laugh.gif

Guest pinky88

@pinky88 and myphim2009 thanks so much for answering me 

Pinky yes I watched the 4 epi ( the last two RAW even though I don't understand Korean ) and I'm loving the drama so far and I don't need to say anything about LMH becoz he is simply amazing *quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

but seems I need to return back to epi 1 and focus on the first 10 or 15 mn to see the 5 persons ( I wasn't interrested by the backstory and all what happened before lee min hoo comes to the pix that's why I missed the part about the 5 persons lool *quoted image* )

Hahaha, so because of lee min hoo you missed the beginning :lol:. I hope you manage to see the beginning otherwise you miss the import part of the drama ;)

That is my first k-drama with lee min hoo and until now i'm not disappointed. The storyline is really good as also the build up.

Oh, and Lee Min Ho is very sexy *quoted image* and I love how his father hasn't aged in almost 30 years :D

Okay, first episode was good. Kinda pissed that they had me perving on a 17 year old. *quoted image* There should have been a warning or something. 

No worries there will be a time gap. In the present time he is 28 year old.

Well considering the concern he shows towards her he is probably bloodrelated somehow.

Maybe even her real dad and she was adopted? (it IS a Korean drama after all :) )

I don't think they are related by blood or she was adopted. I think it's more like this:

He and Nana's parents (or maybe one of the two) where friends and then he caused the accident which killed her mother and got her father in the state he's in now. He runned away and then met LMH. He always felt guilty towards NaNa and his friend(s) for what he did so he's supporting her in secret with LMH's help because he knows she won't accept his? I mean he's hiding from her.