[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest szufontana

i also hope for the good make out scene between YS and NN. honestly its been awhile since i watch an asian show, god i forget how conservative we are. if you watched western show, they tend to give us full make out scene even a hot bed scene but in asian series we have to pray very hard for that kind of thing to happen. haha. i remembered some one point out in the couch scene where NN landed above YS, in a western show, it will end up in a full make out scene. but PLEASE give us some more kissing scene, hurry there's only 4 episodes left.

why don't this show get an extension? the rating is good right? aa i want an extension until LMH go to military service :P

Guest szufontana

i also hope for the good make out scene between YS and NN. honestly its been awhile since i watch an asian show, god i forget how conservative we are. if you watched western show, they tend to give us full make out scene even a hot bed scene but in asian series we have to pray very hard for that kind of thing to happen. haha. i remembered some one point out in the couch scene where NN landed above YS, in a western show, it will end up in a full make out scene. but PLEASE give us some more kissing scene, hurry there's only 4 episodes left.

why don't this show get an extension? the rating is good right? aa i want an extension until LMH go to military service :P

Actually, I've read somewhere before that LMH is not planning to go into military service. Apparently, in S Korea, you're exempt if you are the only son. He has no brothers, only an elder sis. So yay for us, more of LMH! :rolleyes:

Guest miniejungle

Caly, welcome to the thread! :) hope you feel happy here with the rest of us who are crazy over City Hunter. Speaking of which I went to watch Harry Potter yesterday and passed by a cafeteria that was named "City Hunter" and I got so excited about that, heheh, my friend looked at me like this: :blink:<_<

Triv, you're good picking up the Ameriano coffee :)

and introducing the world's luckiest elephant.

City Hunter's riding it.

Touching it, he does.

Petting it, he does.

Smiling at it, he does.

When I grow up, I want to be an elephant.

haha..well in that case then i'd like to be an elephant as well!

ok, leslie and dramaok, please be the elephants :D I'll be Nana!!!! :D (then can kiss kiss and rub rub, hahahahah!!!) *run away before I get bombed at!!! :vicx::ph34r:

to all HUNTERS!!!

I am so HAPPY that I had the chance to be with this GREAT thread

and to be with all the HUNTERS here!!!

I will MISS this THREAD so much!

As it breaks me and my HEART

just to accept the fact that I CAN'T be

with all of you in episode 17 to 20...

As my FIRST PREBOARD EXAM will be on

JULY 30 to 31 and I will be staying for TWO WEEKS in my dorm...

Right now, I will be going back there and I just wanted

to say a PROPER goodbye to everyone in here...

I hate saying that I can't be here during live broadcast

and I can't do my hobby of live recapping... :tears:

anyway, again, I wanted to say THANK YOU to all

HUNTERS... I can't say each and everyone's name right now,

as I am to go to my dorm already.. but I will treasure our

times spent here in CH thread..

I am wishing every HUNTER good health...

and I am wishing that I could still see you in other drama and threads to come...

lastly, I am wishing CITY HUNTER the BEST ENDING it could ever have..

and I am wishing LEE MIN HO, PARK MIN YOUNG and all the CASTS and CREW

to have a good health.. more happy time together and more GOOD projects to come..!!! :wub:

I also wish to see LEE MIN HO and PARK MIN YOUNG to be OFFICIALLY together as a couple!!!

that would be ONE OF THE BEST news to hear after CITY HUNTER TO AIR..

waaahh!!! time is running and I really need to go.. :tears::tears::tears:

I might watch CH by the FIRST week of AUGUST..

so I PROMISE to COME BACK HERE and give my LAST reaction,

spazz, opinion and all...

*to all who can understand Korean and can watch CH live, could you please

do me a favor, I really wanted all HUNTERS to have a great time watching this,

so anyone who have time recapping can do... THHANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

LOVE CITY HUNTER!!!

I will miss this thread!!!

*Anne Margaret*

Guest miniejungle

^^otchosais, it's sad you won't be around with us for the last episodes!!! the thread won't be the same without you!!!! but good luck to your exams and I know you still think of us and of City Hunter all the way! finish your exams with flying colors and come back here quick, okay? :) you'll be missed!!! :wub:

Guest rainyrainy

@ocho we're gonna miss u and miss ur great live update , but ur studies and exams come first of course , wish u best of luck dear , FIGHTTTIIIING 

I didn't watch epi 16 and I think I won't  till I watch what's gonna happen for epi 17 and 18 , I'm hating the situation between NN-YS right now , their love story is the bright side of CH and making this relationship this way sad makes the whole drama very sad sad.gif

to all HUNTERS!!!

and I can't do my hobby of live recapping...  :tears:

and I am wishing that I could still see you in other drama and threads to come...

to have a good health.. more happy time together and more GOOD projects to come..!!! :wub:

I also wish to see LEE MIN HO and PARK MIN YOUNG to be OFFICIALLY together as a couple!!!

waaahh!!! time is running and I really need to go..  :tears::tears::tears:  

LOVE CITY HUNTER!!!

*Anne Margaret*

Heyyy

Good luck with your exam...I hope you'll pass it and get a very high mark...You're someone who makes a person curious about you cuz of your kindness...

Hopefully we will see you happy back again! Also in other threads like Myung Wol the spy, Heartstrings etc...

good luck!

Guest mayori

to all HUNTERS!!!

and I can't do my hobby of live recapping...  :tears:

waaahh!!! time is running and I really need to go..  :tears::tears::tears:  

LOVE CITY HUNTER!!!

*Anne Margaret*

ow... we ll miss you too....

i wish you good luck for your exams... do your best !!!!!!;)

Annyeong~~

Sharing some new fan pics of Minho on CH set ^_^

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

thank you so much for sharing ....

Guest catkat61

I will miss your analysis Otchosais! Good luck on your exam!!

The writer, during the lunch scene in ep. 16, is trying hard to show us that these three could be connected-- by the picking out of the beans AND the shot of DH picking at her thumb nail...something we have seen YS do when he is upset or nervous.

I really want the Pres to come clean with his involvement. He is carrying such sorrow on his shoulders.

Guest minany

@otcho:  We'll miss u so much. Good luck for ur exam ^_^..do ur best..I also wish Minho and Minyoung become a real couple..haha...I think this is the best ending for our MinMin couple, especially, for MinMin shippers ;)

@leslie_lei: thank u so much for ur pics..Our MinMin look so great together ^_^...ep 16 made me sad and cry a lot, I hoped to see kiss scene in this ep... a little disappointed...but I still belive in the best ending for CH..... PDmin, please let Yoonsung-Nana have happy ending, their loveline is a bright side of CH.....I think MinMin will get  The best couple at SBS drama award, and I look forward their cooperation in movie in the future ^^...Their chemistry is very great, sometimes, they make me feel they look like a real couple hehe

Oh, nothing sharp about that lol..you tend to start noticing things when you have watched the epi for the 50th time :lol: Ok, so maybe I exaggerate a little ^_^ And *sigh* the way he kept staring at her during tutoring <3 You know, a part of me was sad that YS won't get to stare at NN when tutoring DH since she has been promoted to the President' bodyguard..but then remembered that DH quit so there won't be anymore tutoring.

Yah weird hair-styled 4th ministers right hand guy, do something productive like planning NN's kidnapping or killing her to trick CH into showing himself to you, so that YS would make her live with him again..let's not wait for the grass to grow..do it quick *taps fingernails in impatience*

Another way we can get our YS-NN scenes, other than their awkward corridor meetings would be: KH asking for NN and YS to visit her together. But I doubt that happening... :(

I have watch it 3 times only but I was so engrossed with the staring part..lolol Im really nervous that NaNa will now be guarding the President. It's girlfriday vs City Hunter now. As for the kidnapping could happen but the foreshadowing on the previous episode when YS dreamed about NaNa and him killing each other could be because of President.ugh. Im turning impatient as well waiting for any giddy scenes specially kiss scenes from MinMin *sigh* I dont want to waste the last four episodes. huhu

ok, leslie and dramaok, please be the elephants :D I'll be Nana!!!! :D (then can kiss kiss and rub rub, hahahahah!!!) *run away before I get bombed at!!! :vicx:  :ph34r:

PWAHAHAHA i want to be more than an elephant but if its the only way for Minho to wub,kiss and touch me then maybe im really taking it to heart being an elephant.lmaoooo

@Otcho! *huggggggggggggs* i will be missing your recap but i also think that wonderful CH fans would help out on recapping the last 4episodes. I realised that I wont be online on episodes 19 and 20 because of my exam however i will find a way to be able to read at least the recaps..keke. Hwaiting on your exam dear!

@minany: you're quite welcome ^^ i  i would be very happy if they get the COUPLE OF THE YEAR and maybe become a REAL COUPLE pls.lmao. Though great chemistry on screen says a lot on how good they are as actors. I am both excited yet scared for the ending but i trust PDnim for this...as far as his previous drama Prosecutor Princess he's into OPEN ENDING type so im kinda expecting that

I dont know if you guys are aware of this thread but Soompi is actually allowing couple threads now so if you want to check there's a MINMIN couple thread

[OFFICIAL MinMin Couple Thread]

tumblr_lohddddgv21qc48jco1_500.jpg

tumblr_logxevFQJH1qc48jco1_400.jpg

tumblr_logc4ta4Ja1qkha6go1_500.jpg

Though i spazz about MinMin i hope SaeHee and Youngju have a happy ending too... *sigh*

tumblr_log7f3poZp1qcfspzo1_500.png

tumblr_lofyjxdHAj1qasmyno1_500.png

the pretties...

tumblr_lofw8cciwt1qkha6go1_500.jpg

tumblr_lofqctYSR01qag92io1_500.gif

wow y'all, the posts have been FLYING since last Thursday, so much to catch up on.

Firstly, I have to say I'm in agreement with the fans who are less-than-happy about this birth secret possibility. We only have four episodes left and the fourth target has not even been taken down. Introducing yet ANOTHER twist at the Nth hour seems a bit much to me. I'm with malta (quoted below) that making the President turn out to be YS's actual dad defeats the purpose of the revenge. If his dad was not killed by the Council of Five then everything he's been doing will turn out to be in vain. It will all be JinPyo's cruel joke played on YS, his mom and the President. Of course, if JP doesn't KNOW the birth secret, then it throws a big wrench in his plans (but makes us wonder why he INSISTS to his sidekick that YS has to take down the last target himself?)

I have no idea what the "weakness" is target #4 was referring to, but I doubt it's a birth secret from 28 years ago.

KH and the president's meeting in the car showed the president's surprised expression about a baby.  So how would target #4 know about it when the president seemingly did not?  No, I think the secret or "weakness" is more damning than a baby out of wedlock.  I’m more inclined to believe it's spy stuff and selling secrets or creating incidents and he told a particular bar hostess....I think the president character is such a quiet and cerebral person that he manufactured events and so maneuvered his way into being the current president.

A twist at the end would be YS being JP's son after all who he never treated as a son really.  Wasted years and a legacy to his being a good and decent human being lived on through his offspring.... Then again, I could be wrong, wrong, wrong.:D

I agree, I don't think a child out of wedlock is enough of a threat to hold over the President's head. He's appeared to be so squeaky clean this whole time, there must be something really dirty in his background that he's trying to make up for (and it's more than stealing his friend's lunch when he was in grade school, too!)

I think YS dream,which is about him and Nana pointing gun to each other, has a high possibility to happen since Nana is the Pres bodyguard right now and also they are not in good terms...but hopefully it´s ending is not like what he dreamt of....i still want them to live and be happy because both of them deserve a happy ending more than anyone else in this drama...

oooh, that's a good point! We've been expecting that nightmare to become reality at some point, so now that Nana has gotten the promotion, there's bound to be some confrontation!

I have a billion reasons why I think making the president YS father (and unfortunately I think this is the case *dread, dread, dread*) but I'm only going to lay out a couple that really, really bother me 

1. The birth secret undercuts the origin story of the city hunter. 

We've seen how YS has become the city hunter and how he's driven by the memory of his father who was betrayed by the 5. If YS father was NOT one of the men who betrayed by the 5, but actually one of the 5, the president, then what can YS base his revenge and quest for justice on. Sure the 5 are bad guys, but now YS has lost his base and the Hero needs a foundation to stand on that guides his actions. What personal reason does YS now have for being the City Hunter? Once YS finds out the president is one of the 5 and his father, I think the most logical thing to happen will be a soul crushing, heart-breaking and complete loss of self-identity! "who am I and why am I doing the things I do and believe the things I do?" That is what YS and any other person would immediately ask. And the answer is, "I don't have a real identity because everything I am was fabricated by "evil puppet master" Jin pyo for his revenge....!".....WTH writer

2. This birth secret shifts the focus of the story from the City Hunter to Jin Pyo.

This show is called City Hunter, but if the City Hunter (and his loving fans, US) are kept in the dark about the City Hunter's origins while we think we actually know about them, it takes away from the story being about YS, the city hunter. Instead the story is really about Jin Pyo and his revenge plot instead of being the origin story for the City Hunter.

Well said, m'dear!

I actually think a lot of the plot is influenced by The Count of Monte Cristo, (the book, not the film!) a classic revenge story. I actually really love when K-drama writers draw from classic fiction!

Guest rainyrainy

@ilwoo thanks for the BTS pix , in the last ones MH Looks Cuuuuuuuute , toooo cute , like a lil baby 

the first ones are taken with JP my second crach after YS , the man is really very HOOOT wub.gif

I'm still waiting for a preview , a written or a video  whatever  , I wish in next episode we will see a nice make up session between YS-NN , don't want them to be separated anymore , that makes my heart aching sad.gif