[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Min-ho’s other romantic loveline in City Hunter

Another actress joins the cast of City Hunter, relative rookie Hwang Sun-hee, who recently had a memorable turn as a baddie in the forensic-crime series Sign playing a pivotal character, Kang Seo-yeon.

Hwang Sun-hee plays a veterinarian who has a clinic near the Blue House where our two leads (Lee Min-ho, Park Min-young) work, Lee as an MIT-educated communications guy, Park as a bodyguard. Hwang’s innocent appearance contrasts with her cold speech and haughty manner. On the other hand, she’s a softy for animals and often takes in stray mutts, working hard to get them adopted to forever homes.

She meets Lee Min-ho by chance when he comes by her veterinary clinic, and they end up helping each other out in dangerous situations (yes, plural, apparently), which brings them closer as friends. And most assuredly messes with the main romantic pairing for a while, we can anticipate.

Because we can never have a drama where the leads aren’t linked together in a complicated web of past and present emotional baggage, she is the woman who comforts Lee Min-ho’s pain, while also being hotshot prosecutor and rival Lee Jun-hyuk’s first love. (Now all she needs is to be Park Min-young’s old childhood frenemy to round out this cliche-o-meter. Better still if she’s a long-lost twin, or her switched-at-birth counterpart.)

At 24, she also brings the average age of the cast squarely into the mid-twenties, which, okay. I get that they’re going for the younger crowd, what with the casting of Lee Min-ho, Park Min-young, and idol singer Gu Hara. It might not be a bad thing, but it just seems very young to me, like we’ll be watching kids playing adults. Let’s hope it works.

Lee Jun-hyuk, meanwhile, has been busy getting in shape for the role — although why an elite prosecutor needs daily training in boxing, kendo, and hapkido, I have no clue. We’re not going to have him act as pseudo-bodyguard or anything like that, are we? That would be as baffling as watching Ryu Shi-won in Style, playing a celebrity macrobiotic chef who suddenly develops an interest in fashion magazines. Stick to one, dude. No wonder Ryu was confused about his character.

City Hunter is planned for a May 25 premiere on SBS, following 49 Days.

via Chosun, No Cut News

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/03/lee-min-hos-other-romantic-loveline-in-city-hunter/

Lee Min Ho, Finishing shooting in Thailand… Continuing to shoot in S.Korea

Actor Lee Min Ho finished shooting in Thailand successfully and came back to home country and will continue to shoot in S. Korea on 5th.

Lee Min Ho took a break after returning from Thailand. He visited Thailand for filming SBS new Wed/Thu drama ‘City Hunter’.

Lee Min Ho came back to S.Korea and took a rest from fatigue after filming the behind-the –scene story of City Hunter in Thailand for around fifteen days. But the drama is scheduled for broadcasting on 25th so that he could not take long break. He continues to filming on 5th.

On 5th his company said, “He finished shooting in Thailand successfully and came back on Sunday” and added, “He will continue to filming today after taking a rest for one day to two days.”

‘City Hunter’ attracts public attentions as Tsukasa Hozo’s animation will be made into drama in S.Korea.

As different with original version based in Tokyo in 1980s, this drama is based in Seoul in 2011. It will describe more on the process that the main character grows up as City Hunter with original story including thrilled solving the case. First broadcasting is scheduled on May 25th.

via Star News/askactor

Lee Min Ho, Finishing shooting in Thailand… Continuing to shoot in S.Korea

ILWOO, thanks for all the news and awesome pictures of Lee Min Ho.  I like this actor since I saw him in Boys Over Flowers.  He was good also in Personal Taste.  I am rooting for this drama and I am excited to see him in a different kind of role.  Please continue posting to keep this thread alive.  I know as soon as the drama starts, many fans will come to visit here and we can make a healthy discussion about the drama.

Guest rainyrainy

Eaaaaagerly waiting to watch LMH back in action once again after personnel taste and BBF , waitng till almost the end of may is tooooo much , BTW can you please tell me this drama will take the place of which drama currently airing now , if it's possible please blush.gif

Great... it's time to perm somebody's hair...

First Jung Il Woo in 49 days

49days02-00105a.jpg

Now Lee Min Ho in City Hunter

2105g.jpg

It's true they're friends... but not twins...

Anyway they're still hot so it's alright... 

P.S. Will Kim Bum be the next one?

Guest GOGEOUS.haha

woah park min young looks awesome, cant really understand those people who

say she's not fit for the role, i mean the drama haven't even started yet.

well, i'm really hoping city hunter will turn out well.

wah,,, cant WAIT FOR may 25.

Gogeous, I too don't understand those who were against casting Min Young. As you rightly said, the drama hasn't even started yet, then how can you comment on whether she's fit for the role or not. Anyway, no point wasting our breath over such people. I felt really happy seeing those pics of Min Young. I loved her in SKKS which made me look up 'I am Sam' which I loved. I didn't know Lee Min Ho was also there in 'I am Sam'. Both looked good there together,though Moses didn't get his girl. So I am really looking forward to this pair.:)

I hope more news of the show starts coming now that Min Young has also started shooting.

Gogeous, I too don't understand those who were against casting Min Young. As you rightly said, the drama hasn't even started yet, then how can you comment on whether she's fit for the role or not. Anyway, no point wasting our breath over such people. I felt really happy seeing those pics of Min Young. I loved her in SKKS which made me look up 'I am Sam' which I loved. I didn't know Lee Min Ho was also there in 'I am Sam'. Both looked good there together,though Moses didn't get his girl. So I am really looking forward to this pair.:)

I hope more news of the show starts coming now that Min Young has also started shooting.

I can't wait to see both of them, too.  Park Min Young was very effective in her role as a girl who disguised as a boy in Sunkyunkwan Scandal.  Although I'm hoping to see Yoo Ah In and her in a new drama together, Lee Min Ho is not a bad leading man.  I like him also.  Let's count the days until the drama starts.  I'm excited.

Guest ielien

Hello all,

Thank you so much this info and all those pictures.. He's sooooo handsome :w00t:

Btw, is this drama will be the same as Japan's comic "City Hunter"? If it's true, the character in the comic is a bit pervert and silly. It will be challenging for Min Ho to role that character. Yet, I'm not ready to watch him if he'll be a pervert detective :(

Hello all,

Thank you so much this info and all those pictures.. He's sooooo handsome :w00t:

Btw, is this drama will be the same as Japan's comic "City Hunter"? If it's true, the character in the comic is a bit pervert and silly. It will be challenging for Min Ho to role that character. Yet, I'm not ready to watch him if he'll be a pervert detective :(

Hi lelien. They have made many changes to the script. Instead of  1980s Japan, the setting is 2011 Korea. LMH's character is "an MIT graduate who is also a member of the international communications network team". Doesn't seem a pervert detective from that synopsis. But who knows? will have to wait and watch. Anyway, from what I have read so far about this drama, the manga and the drama seem to be different things.So do tune in and see for yourself :rolleyes:

Guest pallycute

I guess this is Park Minyoung as Kim Nana. I wonder why she dressed like high schooler

It reminds me about her old drama "I am Sam", she also work with Lee Minho. :D

fyergsdf1.jpg

박민영, '양갈래 머리' 여고생 변신…'교복입고 인증샷'

배우 박민영(25)이 깜찍한 여고생으로 변신했다.

박민영은 13일 오전 자신의 트위터에 "안녕하세요 8년 전 고딩 김나나입니다! 이크 두시간 반 뒤에 출근하는데 큰일이에요"라는 글과 함께 사진을 게재했다.

공개된 사진 속 박민영은 교복을 입고 머리를 양갈래로 따는 스타일을 선보였다. 수수한 여고생의 이미지와 함께 빛나는 미소는 더욱 시선을 끈다.

박민영은 SBS 수목드라마 '49일' 후속으로 방송되는 '시티헌터'에서 김나나 역할을 맡았으며 극중 고드학교 시절을 연기하기 위해 교복을 입은 것이다.

한편, 5월 방송 예정인 SBS '시티헌터'에는 박민영 외에도 이민호, 이준혁, 구하라 등이 출연한다.

한경닷컴 뉴스팀 newsinfo@hankyung.com

Lee Min Ho doesn't fit the character for "City Hunter" in my opinion.  The main character in the manga / anime has to be able to be goofy and silly but then switch to being serious and deadly.  I don't believe Lee Min Ho can do "goofy" very well, and i don't think his look matches either.  But we'll see...