[Sitcom 2011] Welcome To The Show 웰컴투더쇼

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

[sBS] Kim Jang Hoon, Seulong, Nich Khun, Sulli
Welcome To The Show 웰컴투더쇼

INFO

* Start to air : TBA (March release)

* Casts : Kim Jang Hoon, Kim Kwang Gyu, 2AM’s Seulong, 2PM’s Nichkhun, and f(x)’s Sulli

* Date/Time airing : 16 March 2011 - Wednesday 11.35pm KST

*will update more once more info released.*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Jang Hoon poses with Nichkhun, Sulli, and Seulong

htm_20110226114033c000c010-001.JPG

Singer Kim Jang Hoon recently revealed a picture taken with his juniors!

The singer wrote on his me2day recently, “We’re filming a drama, and this is the main cast… Acting as each other’s knights, this is Seulong, Nichkhun, and Sulli… I think we’ll be done in a few hours.”

He posed with the idols while revealing his pearly whites, and his ‘trendy’ hairstyle and height are as good as those of the idols, if not better.

Netizens commented, “Jang Hoon oppa and Sulli look like father and daughter“, “You sparkle even when you’re with your juniors!“, and “I’m already anticipating for what this will be.”

Nichkhun, Seulong, and Sulli have recently been named to the main cast of SBS’s pilot sitcom, “Welcome to the Show“, set to air sometime in March.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/kim-jang-hoon-poses-with-nichkhun-sulli-and-seulong

IU, TVXQ, & B2ST to cameo on SBS’s new sitcom, “Welcome to the Show”

SBS will release a new sitcom called, “Welcome to the Show“, and they’ve already got a stellar list of confirmed cameos from IU, TVXQ, and B2ST!

A representative of SBS’s variety team spoke with Star News on March 9th and confirmed, “IU, TVXQ, B2ST and other idol singers will be trying their hand at sitcom acting.”

While TVXQ will only be making a brief appearance, IU will draw from her “Dream High” experience to act out a full series of lines.

“Welcome to the Show” uses the “Inkigayo” studio as its backdrop, and draws its stories from idols, seniors, juniors, managers, and the producers that run the show. Leading roles were previously announced to be 2AM’s Seulong, 2PM’s Nichkhun, and f(x)’s Sulli, in addition to other older singers.

The project is meant to herald SBS’s comeback to the sitcom drama genre; it’ll be the first series produced in almost three years. At this point, the approximate length of the show remains undecided. Producers will be able to get a grasp of how long they want the series to run after they review ratings and responses from the pilot episode, which is scheduled to air some time this month.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/iu-tvxq-b2st-to-cameo-on-sbss-new-sitcom-welcome-to-the-show

SBS’s “Welcome to the SHOW’” will air on March 16th

201103091647191001_1.jpg

SBS’s highly-anticipated sitcom, ‘Welcome to the SHOW‘, has finally revealed its air date!

“Welcome to the SHOW” is a new style of sitcom that’s sure to draw in strong interest.

Revolving around the “Inkigayo” stage, the show focuses on behind-the-scenes events from the music program; in fact, these stories will be told so well that viewers will find it hard to differentiate between reality and fiction.

The show boasts a colorful cast comprised of 2AM’s Seulong, 2PM’s Nichkhun, f(x)’s Sulli, IU, Park Kwang Hyun, Kim Kwang Kyu, and Kim Jang Hoon. Seulong, Nichkhun, and Sulli will all play as themselves, but they’ve become the MCs of “Inkigayo”. The trio, in addition to IU, will be involved in cute love relationships.

Meanwhile, Kim Jang Hoon will be playing a singer named ‘Maestro’, and Kim Kwang Kyu will be playing as the manager. The episodes that develop between ‘Mae’ (who is petulant and arrogant) and his manager, (who is cautious not to anger his star singer) is anticipated to be both comedic and moving.

An 80-minute special episode of ‘Welcome to the SHOW’ will air on March 16th at 11:15pm.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/sbss-welcome-to-the-show-will-air-on-march-16th

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skim32

This show felt like a 1 episode special more than a sitcom. I dunno where the show will go from here. I mean. Don't tell me every episode will be like a Inky Gayo show. Cuz that would be weird. And how will they incorporate Seulong. I guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow. Or whenever episode 2 airs.

Guest timpa

SBS said before it aired that it was a 'pilot' episode. The ratings that I'm seeing looking at different stories say it got a 3.9% rating which seems pretty low to me. Now granted it did air at like 11:30PM at night so I'm not sure what kind of ratings they normally get for that. It would seem a bad time to air a program featuring idols. I think a lot of younger viewers who may be the target would not be awake to watch the show.

As for the show itself. I kinda liked it. Nichkhun surprised me with his acting, I thought he did a better job than his short appearance on All My Love even though he was still awkward (but given his language barrier problems that's not a shock). Seulong kinda seemed to just be in one mode the entire time and didn't really make any expressions at all. Maybe that was supposed to be the character, but he just wasn't very interesting.

I agree with the Seulong pursuing Sulli thing seeming pretty strange. Seulong is a man... He's going to turn 24 this year (considered 25 in Korea). Sulli is a high school girl who's yet to turn 17 (would be considered 18 in Korea).

Guys who are old enough to have graduated college should not be trying to date high school kids.

Nichkhun/IU pairing is sorta the same thing.

*edit* just noticed a story on allkpop with a quote from the PD of the show

Through Newsen, PD Park Seung Min addressed the low viewer ratings by stating, “There’s only so much you can show in a one act sitcom, but I did try to give the new genre a try. Thank you to all of those that thought it was a fresh idea. This sitcom took a lot of time and preparation, so the results are a bit disappointing. Should I try this again, I do not think I will be using ‘Inkigayo’ as the backdrop again.”

So doesn't sound like it'll be picked up by SBS, or if it does would be changed quite a bit from what was shown.

Guest 360Kpop

Welcome To The Show Ep 1

360kpopsharecom20110316welcometotheshowe01110316hdtvxvidhanrelav.jpg

Link Download

http://www.360kpopshare.com/2011/2011-03-16-welcome-to-the-show-ep-1

360kpopshare.com

Guest asadal

As for the show itself. I kinda liked it. Nichkhun surprised me with his acting, I thought he did a better job than his short appearance on All My Love even though he was still awkward (but given his language barrier problems that's not a shock). Seulong kinda seemed to just be in one mode the entire time and didn't really make any expressions at all. Maybe that was supposed to be the character, but he just wasn't very interesting.

I just can't get over how bad the acting is. Seulong looked stilted and Kickhun was just cringe worthy + that thai accent rofl. I'm like how did they pass auditions? I agree it's a novel idea, but I felt it just wasn't executed very well.

I agree with the Seulong pursuing Sulli thing seeming pretty strange. Seulong is a man... He's going to turn 24 this year (considered 25 in Korea). Sulli is a high school girl who's yet to turn 17 (would be considered 18 in Korea).

Guys who are old enough to have graduated college should not be trying to date high school kids.

Nichkhun/IU pairing is sorta the same thing.

C'mon timpa (and semi-fly), don't tell me you haven't pressed yourself against an richard simmons of a confused and naive 16 year-old girl. Best thing ever. Forget 20 year olds, it only gets better down the line. JAYKAY lololol Yeah, it is a bit out there on the edge of town.

btw can this even be considered a sitcom? The runtime was over an hour for the first episode.

Guest asadal

Well out of the three you mentioned only Seulong has any "real" acting experience (from Personal Taste) [i'm not overlooking Nickun's cameo in All My Love but that was a one-time thing], so it's understandable that improvement is needed if/when the network decides make this a regular part of its programming.

Sulli was a child actress before she debuted as a singer. Kind of feel like she's being wasted in f(x) honestly. Should've took the Lee Yeon Hee or Go Ara route and become a seasoned actress.

As for your second comment I'm not really sure what you're trying to imply but given the fact that neither Seulong nor Sulli were acting below or beyond their actual ages it would still seem a little inappropriate for an adult to pursue a teenage girl (regardless of the stereotypical idea that men chase after or prey upon young girls).

Yeah I was just joking. I should've worded it better.

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the Show Episode 1 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

resized.jpg

Welcome to the Show 1 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/859-welcome-to-the-show-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Archived