Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

September 12, 2017

Yoo In-na voices documentary about child with incurable disease

(YG Entertainment)

Yoo In-na recently narrated a documentary series as a talent donation. 

The four-episode documentary series, produced in collaboration with nongovernmental organization Good Neighbors and MBC Plus Media, tells the story of children from families in crisis who are in need and aims to raise funds to assist them. 

The actress narrated an episode featuring a 12-year-old boy who has been cooped up inside his house due to a rare, incurable disease.

It is not the first time the actress, who was also a radio disc jockey for five years, has donated her voice to help the underprivileged. She participated in producing an audiobook series for the visually impaired last year and in a documentary about residents in Madagascar suffering from poverty and diseases in June. 

“I always consider ways to give back the love I receive from the people. I hope my small participation can be a big help for the children,” Yoo said. 

The first episode of the documentary series featuring Yoo’s narration will air Thursday at 10:30 a.m. on MBC Dramanet. 

By Kim So-yeon (syk19372@heraldcorp.com

• 3 months later...

01/03/2018 Yoo In Na Talks About Being Called IU’s Muse, And Shares Her Plans And Goals

cr: Soompi    ||    Source: Osen

IU-Yoo-In-Na.jpg

For 2018 In a recent interview, Yoo In Na shared her thoughts about being IU’s muse and also talked about her plans for 2018.

During the 2017 Melon Music Awards, IU drew the attention of many when she thanked Yoo In Na during one of her acceptance speeches and called the actress her “muse.”

When asked how she felt about the title, Yoo In Na replied, “It made me feel happy. It’s not often that you have the opportunity to be mentioned in such a beautiful way on such a big stage like that. There was one time when I almost melted hearing an actress express her feelings for the man she loves during her acceptance speech. Though IU and I are just friends, I got to be that person being talked about this time! It made me happy, and I was so grateful. I hope people who saw that acceptance speech like IU more because of it too.”

Yoo In Na was also asked to describe what IU means to her and she said, “To be honest, we’re just a regular pair of best friends, but IU is so good at wording things in such a pretty way and she’s so popular that it may seem like a special friendship to others. And a lot of people are curious as to how we can be so close despite our age gap, but we believe that age doesn’t really matter as long as we can relate to each other and we both feel at ease around each other.” She went on to describe IU as a good friend and life partner. The actress added, “She’s someone I feel the need to look after and care for, but at the same time, she is someone I can lean on when things get rough. We agreed to stay involved in each other’s lives, and enjoy eating lots of good food together for the rest of our lives.”

The actress was also asked what her plans for 2018 are and though she said she doesn’t have any concrete plans, she hopes to be more active as an actress this year. Yoo In Na explained, “In 2017, I turned down a lot of projects. The responsibility of being a lead role was too heavy for me at the time and I wasn’t completely confident that I would be able to take on the roles. I think I was scared of ruining the hard work that scriptwriters had put into their work. This year, I will be more active, regardless of the size of the role. I’m going to be more courageous and I hope I’ll be able to work on projects that I can have great synergy with. My goal is to be satisfied with what I’ve done at the end of the year. I hope I can be proud of myself when 2018 ends.”

Finally, Yoo In Na ended with a message to her fans as she said, “I always feel bad that I’m not communicating with my fans as much as I should, especially since I don’t have social media accounts and I don’t have a lot of opportunities to greet fans like singers do. So I’m grateful to everyone who is waiting for me and supporting me despite this. I will work harder this year, so please wait for me to return!”

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

K-Drama Rewind: One More Happy Ending

one-more-happy-ending-featured.jpg?w=816

Date: March 22, 2018 Author: grumpyahjumma

Finding love again after experiencing a painful break-up will always be challenging, even for those people who have the strongest of hearts. Break-ups are never easy, but opening the heart after a failed relationship can even be harder, sometimes. It’s one thing to get your heart and mind ready, and the process of breaking down the wall you created will feel like walking through the broken pieces of glass. No shortcuts, no free pass. This week’s Grumpy Flashback will remind us that no matter how painful our current and past love lives may seem, there’s always a chance for a happy ever after.

One More Happy Ending (4)

One More Happy Ending was a 2016 MBC romantic drama starring Jang Na-ra, Jung Kyung-ho, Yoo In-na, Kwon Yul, Seo In-young, and Yoo Da-in. It revolved around the lives of four women who were former members of a first gen idol group “Angels.” The group was once successful and popular but due to internal disagreement among its members, they got disbanded, and the girls are now living very different lives.

Since March is International Women’s Month, I have decided to feature the lives of the four Angels, and how they learned to find their new happy endings.

Go Dong-mi (Yoo In-na)

Dong-mi’s love story was the funniest among the four as she was a lustful vixen who had not been kissed for over a decade. She was an elementary school teacher who was determined to get married as soon as possible, causing her to get involved with jerks. She would then meet a much younger man (Ahn Hye-seop!) who finally loved her for who she was.

One More Happy Ending (11)

What I liked about Dong-mi was her determination in setting herself with a single goal – marriage. And honestly, I think that’s also her weakness. She was so engrossed with the idea of a perfect marriage, that she would not care whoever she would end up with. Dong-mi’s biggest problem was her lack of self-love. I know you may have read this many times before, but the practice of loving your own self will always lead you to a happy life. You will never be content with another person if you don’t feel content about yourself. Dong-mi spent most of her time finding that “perfect” man who would be ready to marry her anytime, but she never really realized the value of being single and happy. Living a life that we love while we are still single will be much more gratifying later on, compared to spending our youth while waiting for our prince charming to show up.

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/03/22/k-drama-rewind-one-more-happy-ending/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Didn't know that Yoo In Na has her own soompi thread all this while... she is such an underrated actress in the industry. Hope that she will get more lead role opportunity after TYH ends.

Yoo In Na Explains Why She Joined “Touch Your Heart” And Her Character’s Personality

Yoo In Na Explains Why She Joined “Touch Your Heart” And Her Character’s Personality

Jan 18, 2019
by Y. Shin

Yoo In Na recently sat down for an interview to discuss her upcoming project “Touch Your Heart.”

tvN’s “Touch Your Heart” is a romantic comedy that will reunite “Goblin” co-stars Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na as an unlikely couple. The drama will follow the romance that blossoms between perfectionist lawyer Kwon Jung Rok (played by Lee Dong Wook) and A-list actress Oh Yoon Seo (played by Yoo In Na) after Oh Yoon Seo ends up working for him under false pretenses.

yoo-in-na-5.jpg

When asked why she chose “Touch Your Heart” as her comeback drama, Yoo In Na replied, “Even before the first meeting, I had a favorable impression and trust in director Park Joon Hwa. I became more open-minded after meeting him in person. Also, I liked the warmth and excitement given by the title ‘Touch Your Heart.’ When I read the script, there was no reason to hesitate because it was exactly the way I expected it to be. Above all, the role of Oh Yoon Seo was really charming. I think Yoon Seo was cute because she’d convey her emotions so openly, and her charming, warm nature of being clumsy, but hard-working touched my heart.”

The actress also mentioned discussions she had with the director. She stated, “I was the first to be cast, and I joined [the drama] in an early state before the script had even been revised several times. So I discussed many things with the director, and I’ve developed a lot of trust and affection [for him]. At the first meeting, because [Oh Yoon Seo] is considered ‘the universe’s goddess,’ I thought a beautiful woman who could really represent our country should play her. So I asked [the director] why he thought of me as the first choice. The director replied, ‘I want to fully utilize the brightest and the most beautiful side that Yoo In Na has. That’s something that only Yoo In Na holds, so don’t worry about it.’ After that, I pushed aside feelings of pressure and summoned up my courage to begin this challenge. I hope that it will result in a product that won’t disappoint.”

yoon-in-na-4.jpg

The interviewer later questioned Yoo In Na about the differences between Oh Yoon Seo and characters from her previous works. Yoon In Na explained, “Should I say that a ‘growth period’ has been added? Yoon Seo is a character who holds a dream she wants to achieve, even faking her position [at her job] to do so. She clearly knows what she wants to do, and she works hard to adjust to new environments. I believe that in the process, love, work, and development will all be shown differently. In addition, though I’ve generally played bright characters until now, Oh Yoon Seo doesn’t lose her brightness even in her hectic daily life. Instead, the difference is that she can upgrade herself. I think she’s a unique character who can simultaneously bring forth laughter and thrill [from viewers].”

Yoon In Na then discussed playing a character who is known as “the universe’s goddess,” laughing as she said, “I should look pretty enough to fit the title. In the beginning of the drama, I wore dresses and had many colorful costumes, so I took responsibility and was really concerned about my appearance, even hypnotizing myself. However, I think there are more emotional approaches besides visual ones. She’s a character who expresses her emotions clearly, so the most important thing is to convey them vividly in every situation. I’ve been continuously trying to understand how Yoon Seo thinks and how she feels.”

The actress finally concluded the interview with a few words for future viewers of the drama. She commented, “‘Touch Your Heart’ is full of relatable stories. It is a drama faithful to the genre of romantic comedies, so I hope you enjoy it with excitement. All the staff and actors, including the director, are working hard to film in a warm and heartfelt atmosphere. Please look forward to it.”

YIN and IU friendship goal... :wub:

IU Goes All Out To Support Best Friend Yoo In Na On The Set Of “Touch Your Heart”

IU Goes All Out To Support Best Friend Yoo In Na On The Set Of “Touch Your Heart”

Feb 15, 2019
by S. Park

IU showered her best friend Yoo In Na with love and support!

On February 13, an employee in the industry shared photos of the food that was sent to the set of Yoo In Na’s current drama “Touch Your Heart.”

The source shared photos of the various entrees, side dishes, and fruit sent by IU which included chicken soup, braised short ribs, bulgogi, stir-fried squid, and more.

He added that IU also sent a coffee truck to the set. With a photo of IU and Yoo In Na, the coffee sleeves read, “Good luck to all of the actors and staff of ‘Touch Your Heart.’ From IU.” The banner on top of the coffee truck said, “I’m cheering on tvN drama ‘Touch Your Heart’ and actress Yoo In Na. From IU.”

IU and Yoo In Na are well-known for their close friendship and have consistently shown support for each other’s works.

Yoo In Na currently appears as top actress Oh Jin Shim in the drama “Touch Your Heart.” This romantic comedy airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. KST.

March Female Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

March Female Advertisement Model Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Mar 31, 2019
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for female advertisement models!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of consumer behavior, using big data collected from February 28 to March 30. The Korean Business Research Institute evaluated the participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 female advertisement models in order to calculate each star’s total brand reputation index for January.

Actress Yoo In Na, whose tvN drama “Touch Your Heart” came to an end this week, topped this month’s list. The star scored a total brand reputation index of 1,465,908, marking a staggering 707.72 percent increase in her score since January (the last time the rankings were published).

High-ranking phrases in Yoo In Na’s keyword analysis included “lovely,” “cute,” and “pretty,” while her highest-ranking related terms included “Touch Your Heart” and her co-star “Lee Dong Wook.” The actress’s positivity-negativity analysis also revealed a score of 72.15 percent positive reactions.

BLACKPINK’s Jennie came in at a close second this month after enjoying an impressive 528.38 percent increase in her score since January. The idol, who is gearing up for a comeback in April, scored a total brand reputation index of 1,389,562 for March.

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA rose to third place on the list with a brand reputation index of 1,279,253, marking a significant increase of 244.46 percent in her score since January.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Yoo In Na
  2. BLACKPINK’s Jennie
  3. Girls’ Generation’s YoonA

March 31, 2019

Yoo In-na most valuable model in March

optimize

Actress Yoo In-na. Courtesy of YG Entertainment

By Lee Gyu-lee The Korea Times

Actress Yoo In-na was the most valuable female advertising model in Korea in March, a reputation index showed Sunday. 

She topped the Korea Reputation Center monthly index based on big data analysis of candidates in three categories ― participation, interaction and community. 

Yoo scored 1,465,908 points. Jennie of K-pop girl group BLACKPINK was second with 1,389,562 points, followed by Yoona of K-pop group Girls' Generation with 1,279,253 points. 

The center said Yoo's rise to the top was due to the success of tvN's romantic comedy drama "Touch Your Heart" in which she had a leading role. 

The 16-episode drama ended this week. 

gyulee@koreatimes.co.kr 

• 3 weeks later...

April 19, 2019

Actress Yoo In-na flaunts health, vitality with Coca-Cola

optimize

Actress Yoo In-na films a TV commercial to promote Coca-Cola's "Body Health W" drink. Courtesy of Coca-Cola

By Dong Sun-hwa The Korea Times

Korean heartthrob Yoo In-na, the face of Coca-Cola's "Body Health W" drink, has flaunted her health and vitality during filming of a TV commercial.

For the shooting, she drinks "Body Health W," a fiber-rich drink, after a meal to stay fit. It is claimed that a high-fiber diet can make people feel full without adding calories. 

Yoo has been promoting the drink since its launch in 2018. 

"We have effectively built up the drink's image by having Yoo as our face from the beginning," a spokesperson for Coca-Cola said. "Yoo is a role model for many women in their 20s and 30s, our main targets. So we try our best to promote the drink to them together with Yoo."

Yoo debuted in 2009 and has appeared in several works including smash-hit drama "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" in 2016-17. She topped the Korea Reputation Center's monthly index in March. 

sunhwadong@koreatimes.co.kr

• 4 months later...

Archived