Wine Tasting

Booger Face

Anyone been to Napa or Sonoma and try out wine tasting?

It was just an idea that popped into my head for a birthday trip for a friend.

How was your experience? Were you a wine drinker before?

I've only tasted wine once and I didn't like it. I'm afraid I won't like it this time but it never hurts to do try again.

I'm personally not much of a wine drinker, but my three closest girlfriends are all wine lovers. I've learned that there are a billion kinds of wines out there, and wine tasting may not be a bad experience if you want to try other kinds. I have a general love for alcohol so wine counts for me, but if you are more of a mixed drink person, you can try dessert wines. Long story short, the wine you tried is one taste out of a billion different tastes you can get from wine so go for it =D

I went to a wine tasting in Hunter Valley, Australia. It was quite interesting, we visited a few wine places and got to taste some interesting wines, learn about the process of making them, shop specialties etc. I am a wine drinker, so it was pretty cool for me - only mistake I made was that I tried to finish all the wine I was given, and even though the amount each time wasn't much (it was a tasting after all), I was kinda woozy by the end of it. You're not obliged to taste every wine that is offered, so not to worry.

As mikomi mentioned, there are so many types of wines out there, so don't be afraid to try others that may suit your palate more. Reds are generally stronger and have more zest, while whites can be quite sweet or dry, and are relatively milder. You can also consider fruit wines - umeshu is a famous example.

Guest lukewright

My soccer team is having a fundraiser, the tickets are $20 and we make  $15 off of each ticket. The wine tasting includes wine to taste,  appetizers, and desserts. How should I ask people to buy them without  coming off as pesky or annoying......!!!!!    Stem Cell Therapy Reviews

Guest rachilde

I went wine tasting at a local vineyard (not in California), and it was really fun. We all tasted a little bit of several different wines and bought our favorite bottles from the wines offered (you're not obligated to buy anything). The amount of wine served was very little, so it's not like you'll have to drink a whole glass of a wine you hate in order to taste the wine. We drank our bottles outside on the patio afterwards. It was really great doing so with friends.

Wine is a 'warmer' drink than beer, and I prefer to drink it at small social functions with light snacks. It gets the blood flowing to your face and makes you feel rosy and warm. It's a different type of inebriation than beer and liquor! I prefer to drink beer or liquor at larger social functions in bars, where I have to walk around and to mingle. Wine must be sipped slowly--and preferably while sitting at a dinner table!--because of its strong taste. You really can't mask the flavor with juices like liquor or drink it quickly like beer. You can definitely get a little tipsy from just tasting if you don't have a high tolerance so I recommend having a designated driver.

I drink wine on a semi-regular basis. I don't drink alone. In my opinion, wine should be served with multi-course dinners with friends. It has a communal and intimate but very luxurious quality to it that suits a three course home made meal among friends. I suggest you drink a dessert wine if you prefer your alcohol sweeter. Almost all vineyards will provide at least one dessert wine at the tasting. Riesling is the perfect not-wine, wine. It's fruity, light, and very sweet as far as wines go. Red wines are best improved for wine-haters, in my opinion, by goat cheese or brie cheese. The combination brings out a richness that cuts the bitterness of the red wine.

Guest SlicedBread

Anyone been to Napa or Sonoma and try out wine tasting?

It was just an idea that popped into my head for a birthday trip for a friend.

How was your experience? Were you a wine drinker before?

I've only tasted wine once and I didn't like it. I'm afraid I won't like it this time but it never hurts to do try again.

What kind of alcohol do you like to drink? I guess I'd go from there. There are many varieties of wine, so you might still find soemthing you like. Otherwise, it's no sin not to like it. :)

Archived