Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

Im Chang Jung (임창정)

CY4_bbjUAAA4LNV.jpgCV9RC7MUkAA9siy.jpg

Date of birth : Nov. 30, 1973

Height : 175cm

Weight : 56kg

Blood Type : Type B

Hobbies : Playing golf and billiards, watching movies, listening to music, fishing

Talents : Song composition, playing sports

Nickname : Jack-of-all-trades, all-around entertainer

Habit : Roll around 20 times when getting up from bed

Favorite foods : Rice, pork

Married to professional golfer Kim Hyun-joo

Debuted as actor in the 1990 film 'North Korean Partisan in South Korea'

Debuted as singer in 1995 with first album 'Already Toward Me'

Label : Wellmade StarM

MOVIE

* Sex Is Zero 2 (2007)

* Scout (2007)

* Underground Rendez-vous (2007)

* Miracle on 1st Street (2006)

* Aachi And Ssipak (2006)

* My Lovely Week (2005)

* Cracked Eggs and Noodles (2004)

* Sisily 2km (2004)

* The Greatest Expectation (2003)

* Reversal of Fortune (2003) Cameo

* Sex Is Zero (2002)

* My Boss, My Hero (2001) Cameo

DRAMA

* The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry (MBC, 2010)

* Three Guys and Three Girls (MBC, 1996)

LINKS

Soompi Music http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/305290-lim-chang-jung/

• 1 year later...

August 23, 2012

Thriller with brains: 'Traffickers' tackles human organ market
By Cho Jae-eun Korea JoongAng Daily

23201754.jpg
Im Chang-jung returns to the big screen, playing the head manager of a human organ trafficking operation on a boat between Korea and China in “The Traffickers.”Provided by Time Story
The dark, underground world of human organ trafficking is the focus of the new film, “The Traffickers,” which sees veteran actor Im Chang-jung make his big screen comeback in his first-ever thriller role.

The crime thriller is loosely based on true events that the director, Kim Hong-seon, researched after seeing a news story a few years ago about a newlywed Korean couple who went on a trip to China, only to get sucked into illegal organ trafficking. 

Shortly after encountering the story, Kim said he saw an article about the case in which a lawyer, scholar and doctor discussed the issue. 

“The scholar’s position was, ‘How could human organs be bought and sold?’ The lawyer said, ‘Both parties have a point,’ while the doctor said, ‘Even if someone buys human organs, he or she may need to do so to save a family member or friend,’ ” the director said during a press conference for the film Tuesday.

Kim said he researched for the film by contacting organ traffickers on small ads posted on bathroom stalls, watching TV documentaries and talking to surgeons and professors.

“Which characters are good or evil? I think the answers to this question will be different for each viewer,” he said.

“There is no answer regarding whether it is right or wrong to buy or sell human organs. So I left the final part of the film open-ended on purpose.” 

The film begins as Sang-ho (Choi Daniel) and Chae-hee (Jung Ji-yoon) board a passenger boat headed for China. As the vessel reaches the international waters between Korea and China, Chae-hee suddenly goes missing. Following this, passengers on the boat are chased by Yeong-gyu (Im Chang-jung), the head of an organ trafficking operation, and surgeon (Oh Dal-soo). Im, whose most noted film performances have been comedy roles, said he was grateful for having an opportunity to finally show his range as an actor.

“Up to this point, I’ve only played comic characters and I was so happy this time to play a serious role in this film,” said Im.

“I like watching thrillers and I always thought, someday, there will surely be a chance for me to play those kinds of roles .?.?. and I kept on waiting for them. In that sense, director Kim Hong-seon was kind of my savior.”

On playing a victim, Jung Ji-yoon said that while the character was “so passive” and very different from who she is in real life, she wanted to play the role because the film was well-scripted and the characters easy to relate to. 

“The film doesn’t rely on a short moment of grief; there is a story. And that story felt like it could happen to someone living next door and I felt empathetic. So I found the courage to play the role,” she said. 

Meanwhile, the director said that a sex scene featuring Oh Dal-soo was cut from the film during editing.

23201816.jpg
From left; Actors Cho Dal-hwan, Oh Dal-soo, Choi Daniel, director Kim Hong-seon, actor Im Chang-jung and actresses Cho Yoon-hee and Jung Ji-yoon, pose during the press conference for their new film “The Traffickers” on Tuesday.[NEWSIS]

“Oh Dal-soo shot a very difficult sex scene in the film, but due to my misjudgment, there was too much [genital] hair exposure. It wasn’t the running time we were worried about but the age rating for the film,” said Kim.

“I don’t feel any regret that the sex scene was cut. I’m not an exhibitionist. But it is true that the scene was very difficult to shoot for me,” said Oh.

• 1 year later...

October 30, 2013
Stars of movie 'Tumbleweed'
PYH2013103005320031500_P2.jpg

The stars of the new movie "Tumbleweed" pose for photos at a press event in Seoul on Oct. 30, 2013. The movie is about a tragic encounter between a man who has no tomorrow and a woman who lives for tomorrow. Im Chang-jung, Sohn Eun-seo and Chung Sung-wha (from L) star in the noir movie that will premier on Nov. 28. (Yonhap) (END)

October 10, 2013
Singer finds comeback tough
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

10194938.jpg

Singer Im Chang-jung, who recently made a comeback to the entertainment scene after a three-year hiatus, said it is not easy performing on “Hidden Singer.”
Im will be the first guest on season two of the JTBC entertainment program. The program format is to have a professional singer and five amateurs take turns performing while hidden behind a curtain. Then the audience gets to vote on who they think is the professional singer, based only on the voice. “It is more like a burdened singer than hidden singer,” Im said, according to the broadcaster, after he had heard the amateurs on his episode singing. 
The program, which will start its second season Saturday, will give 20 million won ($18,597) to any amateur who beats the professional and wins an episode - a feat that never happened at all in the program’s first season.

October 31, 2013
Im Chang-jung pushes ‘Tumbleweed’
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

30212207.jpg

Actor and singer Im Chang-jung is busy with both jobs at the moment - just a month after his newest album, “A Guy Like Me,” was released, he’s now promoting his latest movie, “Tumbleweed.”
Gearing up for the movie’s release on Nov. 28, the cast of “Tumbleweed” gathered for a press conference yesterday at the Apgujeong CGV in Sinsa, southern Seoul. 
In the movie, Im’s character, Changsu, is so down-and-out that he makes a living serving prison time for people looking to escape justice.
“Changsu is an actor, as he gets to live others’ lives,” Im said. “And he thinks of himself as a professional in that area.”
But Changsu’s life changes when he meets a girl and falls in love. 
“Although he has not felt much love before, he realizes how much he could do for a woman and learn what love is,” Im explained. 

• 1 year later...

November 21, 2014
Lim Chang Jung Has A Huge Guest Lineup For His Music Video
Source: BNTNewsc6kyd70f49dpt9qykpas4egtplnpw8ry.jpg
[by Sora Ghim] Singer and actor Lim Chang Jung prepares for his upcoming album on November 24. He gave a hint at what is to come in the accompanying music video. 
His new album ‘Close Person’ (literal translation) and to suit the title, he has about 60 people participating in his music video. People anticipate this video and the people who are in it. 
Among some of the stars are Shin Dong Yub, Lee Bum Soo, Kim Jin Pyo, Jo Kwon, Lim Seulong, Oh Jong Sae, Ohn Joo Wan, Yoo Sae Yoon, Sojin, Oh Ji Ho, U-KISS, Shin Bora, Baek Ji Young, Seo In Guk, Shin Hye Sung, APINK, VIXX, Kangin, and Jeon Hyun Moo. There are more people involved. 
Meanwhile, keep an eye out for Lim Chang Jung’s music video to be released on November 24. (photo by NH Media)

• 1 month later...

January 15, 2015
Rendezvous for IM Chang-jung and Daniel CHOIDetective Duo Cracks Down on Corrupt Religious Groups
 by June Kim KOBIZ  mOBvrQUDDQKOuAfuthOB.jpg
IM Chang-jung and Daniel CHOI, the two leads from Traffickers (2012), are getting together again for a new detective film, Chi-wae Beop-kwon (working title) which translates as extraterritoriality. IM and CHOI were praised for their roles in Traffickers although the film underperformed, and many are waiting to see how they will partner up for the new project. IM will play a brilliant criminal profiler who is fast with his fist. CHOI will play the perfect detective who seems to have it all, but is more interested in women than capturing suspects. Together, they try to uncover a man named Sung-ki, who is the sheikh of a cult religion. IM Chang-jung started his acting career in the 90s, but it wasn’t until he released a music album that he became recognized. Soon afterwards, he was respected as a singer and as an actor. Starting with his role in the 1997 film Beat, he built a strong filmography through Sex is Zero (2002) and To Catch a Virgin Ghost (2004). More recently, his films have had a weaker presence at the box office, but he continues to bring quality performances. With his experience in modeling, Daniel CHOI stepped into acting through TV drama series. He played a comical role in the TV sitcom Highkick 2, where he made a name for himself and stepped into the film industry and since then has been continuously acted in TV dramas and films. Chi-wae Beop-kwon also stars JANG Kwang as the sheikh, with supporting actors LEE Gyoung-young and LIM Eun-kyoung. The film started shooting on January 11th and is plans a domestic release in August.

• 1 year later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Jang Geun-seok, Yeo Jin-goo, Lim Ji-yeon, Im Chang-jeong to star in "Jackpot"?

Actors and actresses Jang Geun-seok, Yeo Jin-goo, Lim Ji-yeon and Im Chang-jeong are negotiating the terms and conditions of the new SBS drama "Jackpot".

"Jackpot" is the story of an unfortunate prince Yeong-soo (Dae-gil) who is born with the fate of royalty but lives the life of a peasant and Yeong-jo who has everything. It's a faction historical about the conflicts of love, fate and the throne. It's being called the Joseon version of "All In".

CZnmwSVWIAEOanW.jpg

Casting is in still process as Jang Geun-seok was offered the role of Dae-gil and Yeo Jin-goo the role of Yeong-jo. Lim Ji-yeon was offered to play Dam-seo and Im Chang-jeong was also offered a role in "Jackpot".

However, the four of their agents drew a line as they told OSEN that nothing has been confirmed yet. After news about casts went out, Im Chang-jeong posted on his SNS, "What is this? It's something I never heard about. Maybe the company is singing and acting on behalf of me. Is there no choice for me?" The post has now been deleted.

http://www.hancinema.net/jang-geun-seok-yeo-jin-goo-lim-ji-yeon-im-chang-jeong-to-star-in-jackpot--90764.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Archived