Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kangtagreen27

S.M. Entertainment's '06 World Tour Audition

yeah. i agree.. i think the hot spots for the NYC audition is:

- FLUSHING (many korean/chinese)

- 34TH STREET (koreatown-- very small)

- CHINATOWN canal and grand street (well, chinese people lol)

- OTHER UPTOWN MANHATTAN (i think they want some japanese people and they hang out uptown so..)

OKAY, I have 3 questions..

(1) since the requirement is that you have to Asian. I only speak English and my language (Hainanese- rare language).

So if i can't speak Mandarin, Japanese, Korean (I can read japanese and korean quick but i don't understand what i'm saying).. its okay, right?

(2) do you have to do all this things: sing/dance/act/and model?.. can't I just model?

(3) does SM entertainment go to different countries every year?

1. i think they'll teach u how to speak and understand korean and japanese more better...^^

2. i think you have to sing and dance....im not sure about acting and modeling cause my friend said she did both for the audition....

3. that im not sure...heard they were desperate......is it cause of that??

my questions....^^

1. when the news come out that they are coming to NY could someone please tell me cause my friends just told my mom that i was auditioning without me knowing anything until they told me and got yelled at.....-_-;;

they want to get in sooo badily that i have to get every info....

2. if we email them wat do we have to email about? do we have to say hi my name is blah blah blah and say i want to audition but i live in new york or have to send our recorded voice and our picture??

2. if we email them wat do we have to email about? do we have to say hi my name is blah blah blah and say i want to audition but i live in new york or have to send our recorded voice and our picture??

recorded if you doing vocal. and video if you are dancing. but its REALLY weird because a video isn't required. it says "if you have a video of your talent, please attach it" .. IF.. if I were you, you should email AND send application by mail. that's what i think.

picture is definitely important. my friend cindy's call back was late because she didn't give ENOUGH pictures. my friend evan is a camera w-h-o-r-e (bad word?)... so he got his call back alot earlier.

sadly, the looks are really fundamental. if they like your talent, they ask you "please attach a picture of yourself".. as i remember.

email them your profile... height, weight, age, birthday, language, background ethnicity, high school, grade, age.. etc. tell them ALOT about you. also for the picture, i recommend you send ONE face, ONE full body, ONE mid way... that's what modeling agencies ask for... and it wouldn't hurt. so =)

recorded if you doing vocal. and video if you are dancing. but its REALLY weird because a video isn't required. it says "if you have a video of your talent, please attach it" .. IF.. if I were you, you should email AND send application by mail. that's what i think.

picture is definitely important. my friend cindy's call back was late because she didn't give ENOUGH pictures. my friend evan is a camera w-h-o-r-e (bad word?)... so he got his call back alot earlier.

sadly, the looks are really fundamental. if they like your talent, they ask you "please attach a picture of yourself".. as i remember.

email them your profile... height, weight, age, birthday, language, background ethnicity, high school, grade, age.. etc. tell them ALOT about you. also for the picture, i recommend you send ONE face, ONE full body, ONE mid way... that's what modeling agencies ask for... and it wouldn't hurt. so =)

ok thanks...^^....one more question...i could just send my application without my voice recorded right??

이번 오디션의 지원 부문은 가수, 댄스, 탤런트, 모델 등 4개 분야이며 연령 제한 없이 아시아인이라면 누구나 참여 가능하다. 또한 오디션을 통해 최종 선발된 사람에게는 트레이닝 및 연예활동에 대한 모든 비용을 SM엔터테인먼트에서 100% 투자할 계획이다.

Auditions will be held for Singing, Dancing, Acting, and Modelling. For these 4 categories there are no restrictions as long as the person is Asian, anybody can try out. Also, the finalist will be offered training to prepare for "celebrity activities" and 100% will be paid by Sm Entertainment.

full article here

It's amazing how they're willing to invest all the money on their trainees!

Good luck to everybody trying out!

So do you send an email/mail with your application, photos, footage of your specialty then do they call you to come to do the audition in person??

I was just wondering what if we're auditioning for acting..through e-mail..where do we have to send it to..like the email address..and what do we have to send....

for the 2006 World Tour Audition, it says:

* Information to include in the E-mail application.

1. Name / Sex

2. Nationality

3. Country of residence

4. Category being applied for

5. School / Year

6. Contact Information (1) Phone (2) E-mail(3) Homepage

7. Address

8. Miscellaneous Information

9. Attached picture file

and for the normal audition, it says:

1. By E-mail

* Please send us the following information.

1) Your name, age, name of school, current school year, E-mail address, home address,

home and mobile phone number, height, weight, etc.

2) Make sure you mention what your specialty is

3) Please include scanned pictures only (we don't accept pictures by mobile, cam, sticker, photo-shop, etc.)

Also if you have made of video (of your specialty), please include the file.

* If you are a composer or song writers, please include your lyrics.

* For a composition or arrangement, please send the files of MP3, ASF, WAVE, etc.

* E-mail: smaudition@smtown.com

Hmm must you sing in korean? or no?

it would be best if you did, since they are in the korean entertainment industry.

Auditions will be held for Singing, Dancing, Acting, and Modelling. For these 4 categories there are no restrictions as long as the person is Asian, anybody can try out. Also, the finalist will be offered training to prepare for "celebrity activities" and 100% will be paid by Sm Entertainment.

full article here

It's amazing how they're willing to invest all the money on their trainees!

Good luck to everybody trying out!

So do you send an email/mail with your application, photos, footage of your specialty then do they call you to come to do the audition in person??

you send in all your info and stuff,

PLUS pictures, mp3s of you singing, clips of you dancing etc.

and if they think you are good, they'll set a date for your audition.

Im sorry if these questions were asked already but i don't have time to read the posts so ill ask them.. and sorry again if they were asked already..

1. Do you have to be able to speak korean to audtion?

2. Do you have to sing in korean in the tapes and stuff?

and more if i come up with more questions..

Im sorry if these questions were asked already but i don't have time to read the posts so ill ask them.. and sorry again if they were asked already..

1. Do you have to be able to speak korean to audtion?

2. Do you have to sing in korean in the tapes and stuff?

and more if i come up with more questions..

#1 no you don't have to know how to speak korean,

they'll teach you if you get it.

#2 i dont think they'd make it compulsory to sing in korean,

but it'll be better if you did.

hope that helps =]

from what i know now...

One of an admin of TVXQ Thailand fanclub has got an email from SM said that there will be an audition in Malaysia.

So She asked about the audition in Thailand. and SM said..Sorry there will not have any audition in Thailand this year, There is in only Malaysia. so if Thailand people wanna audition...you have to fly to Malaysia only....

-_-''

^SM like to change their plans/schedule or anything. This is applied and experieces by my friends here in Malaysia that in charge of the concert. :vicx:

Malaysian audition is really really confirmed coz my friend try very hard to convince SM to do it here since most

of us cannot go to Korea for audition. And SM also have issued flyer bout this audition and also they will put

people during the DBSK concert to scout for talent and ask them to join the audition next day.

i hope they come to the us.

too nyc or sometihinggg

but i have braces right now do you think that it will matter?

but then again it does come off. so yea..

I have got questions...

1. I know the world tour audition is about picking up talents from different countries, but what's up with normal audition, what exactly does it mean?

2. Been wanting to know what they meant by 'free posing' for the model part.

So, who's going for the audition?

I would love to, but I guess one would need the basic talent, I cant sing nor act (well, been ages since I last went for any audition though).

The most I can try I guess is the model part, but I aint conventional good-looking, and I think good looks is what u need to be a model.

If you are curious how I look, my picture ---->> http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/bitt...blogpicture.jpg

and to think, I guess, that's one of my better recent picture :wacko:

So, oh well...

I have got questions...

1. I know the world tour audition is about picking up talents from different countries, but what's up with normal audition, what exactly does it mean?

2. Been wanting to know what they meant by 'free posing' for the model part.

So, who's going for the audition?

I would love to, but I guess one would need the basic talent, I cant sing nor act (well, been ages since I last went for any audition though).

The most I can try I guess is the model part, but I aint conventional good-looking, and I think good looks is what u need to be a model.

If you are curious how I look, my picture ---->> http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/bitt...blogpicture.jpg

and to think, I guess, that's one of my better recent picture :wacko:

So, oh well...

#1 The normal audition is where you send in an application

with your info, pictures and clips.

If they like what they see, then they'll organise a private audition for you,

where as in the world tour audition,

you just turn up and audition in front of judges.

#2 free posing means to pose at your own will.

strut any pose you want.

Is there any age limitation for certain audition section? Cause I'm not on my teens anymore. Does anyone know where in the US, they'll be holding the audition? I'd love to try out for this. :D

Is there any age limitation for certain audition section? Cause I'm not on my teens anymore. Does anyone know where in the US, they'll be holding the audition? I'd love to try out for this. :D

"- Requirements

Any Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc)

may participate without any limits to age or sex. " - SM Town.