JYP Online Audition Q&A

Guest pasmado0415

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got a few questions about auditioning online!

1. What do we write in ‘contact’?

2. What do we write in ‘level’

3. What  do we write in specialty and experience? 

4. What do we write in ‘hobby’?

5. What do they mean by profile 1,2,3?

6. Do we need to sing Korean songs?

7. What do we do for audio?

8. If we sing for audio, do we sing the same songs or different songs?

9. What is SNS and what do we write for it?

Ty for reading, hopefully I get answers!

https://audition.jype.com/en/Audition/Register?agreeyn=Y&gubun=F&ACMT_SQ=1&ACMT_SQ2=2&ACMT_SQ3=3&cc=on

/\

|

That is where the questions I have come from!

I get asked by jyp to add more audio files and i tried the only way i knew how, to audition again, and it says the same thing. Id there something specific they are asking for?

Hi. I auditioned for jype and the reply came within the 3 weeks as it said. The reply was in eng, korean, japanese,and in chinese. It said "Hello this is JYPE A&R team. The evaluation on ur application for online audition has been completed". What does it mean? Does it mean that I failed the audition.!?

i have a question ! are you allowed to not go to the second audition ? i kind of want to secretly audition online, but because my mom will say no, i will not be able to go to korea for the second audition. is that allowed ? 

On 7/2/2019 at 8:19 AM, Angu said:

https://audition.jype.com/en/Audition/Register?agreeyn=Y&gubun=F&ACMT_SQ=1&ACMT_SQ2=2&ACMT_SQ3=3&cc=on

/\

|

don’t quote me on this, but this is what i think (based off my research).

1. i’m pretty sure that where you should enter your email or another way for jyp to contact you !

2. i’m not sure, i’m sorry !

3. hm, i’m pretty sure  specialty is something that you’re good at and experience is if you have any experience winning any awards for singing or something if you have any experience singing, rapping, dancing, etc. (like if you take dance class, if you take vocal lessons, been on stage to perform, etc.)

4. a hobby is something you like to do ! they want to know more about you so fill in something you like to do in your free time (which is your hobby!)

5. again, i’m not sure but from my research, it’s 3 photos of yourself ! one close us selfie of your face (no editing, filters, etc.), one of yourself from your head to your waist, and the last one of your whole body, standing.

6. definitely not. unless you can speak korean fluently, then no. sing a song you’re comfortable  with in your mother tongue! don’t sing a song by jyp though, they’ll think you’re just trying to get in because you’re a fan! also don’t wear any idol merch or claim that you’re auditioning because you like kpop.

7. an audio of you singing or rapping i believe. 

8. different songs. only choose songs in your range !

9. sns stands for social network service, so enter your username for any social media ! (instagram, facebook, etc.)

^^ again, you might want to double check, all of this i just googled, so many research more because i’ve never auditioned so i wouldn’t know ! hoped this at least somewhat helped !

On 2/20/2011 at 9:23 PM, pasmado0415 said:

Hey Everyone!

Pasmado here! I just want to give everyone tips on JYP Online Auditions.

Tip # 1 Use Internet Explorer.

Tip # 2 Upload face front pic (headshot), upload 3/4 face pics including upper half of body, upload full body length shot

Tip #3 Make Sure you sing atleast up to 50 sec - 2 min length song to show off your vocals

Tip #4 Make sure you film your video in a room with lights! So that its clear

Tip #5 Keep your description clean and simple do not write more than 3 paragraphs about yourself

Tip#6 Foreign Auditionee: That site is useless i cant freaken upload a video

Pasmado: Is your video. . . . flv?

Foreign Auditionee: Oh woah, it worked

MAKE SURE YOUR VIDEO IS FLV format

You can only get these kinds of tips here from,

Pasmado! :)

Enjoy Everyone

Is it possible to sing 2 -3 songs but merge them in one video? Will they listen/watch the whole file?

Similar question for dance.

Also, it has to be self-choreographed or can we submit dance covers and song covers?

Do we have to tell our age and nationality in the self-intro video?

On 8/4/2017 at 7:29 PM, FuwaFuwaCake said:

I recently applied for the audition on August 2nd and everything was fine for me. I didn't have any problem with the site unlike most people here lol. In fact, my computer even restarted and when I returned to the site, all the information I filled out was still there. I, however, only uploaded an audio file.

For my audio file, I sang As If It's Your Last (Blackpink)'s chorus (Jennie and Rose's first two lines only) in Korean, Lisa's pre-rap in Japanese, and rapped in English. It is not the best but I guess it's a good enough variety. After I submitted my application, I only got a plain email saying "Your application for the JYP online audition is complete." There was no picture or anything though there is a large margin under those words before the email ends. 

I am Chinese-American, 5'2.5", and 50kg. I don't know if this is good or not but I reported a few pounds lower than my actual weight. I actually lose them though! My age is not given because privacy reasons but I'm a teenager (below the age of 18). This might sound like I'm praising myself but I'm not THAT ugly. However, I am not THAT pretty either. I consider myself average in terms of visuals. One thing that I'm concerned with is that I didn't upload a head shot, a half body shot, and a full body shot. I sent in 3 selfies instead. One of them included me from chest up though. 

My mother language is Chinese followed by English but I can also speak a little of Japanese. There is a section to fill out languages and I was debating whether to put Japanese or not because I'm not good at Japanese nor am I average in Chinese and English either. 

This whole process is really nerve wrecking for me but hopefully I can make it through the second round ;__; It probably won't be convenient for me to travel to Korea as school is starting soon but at least I know and I can practice more and audition again near the end of the school year. 

Did you send video of singing as well or they only accept audio for singing

How many songs can we upload?

You didnt send any dance video?

And what about self-intro video?

Did you tell your age and nationality?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,I've got a question

If JYP Audition accept me,but I am in other country and I haven't got 18 years how I will go to Korea.Maybe they will send me a ticket to Korea???Or I need to go with one of my parents.Sorry for my bad English D: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically, if you're auditioning from korea, they'll call you. If you're overseas, they'll send you an email instead. Since I'm also auditioning online, i have a question: when it asks for your weight, is it asking for your weight in kilograms or in pounds? I'm confused.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i just want to ask a few questions, please help me :)))))

1. so first i wanna ask what are you supposed to put for the contact part?

2. and then the audition category you can only choose one so if i choose singing, the video that we are supposed to upload has to be a video of me singing? or can we put a video of us dancing?

3. the possible language part they only give a limited space so can type short form?

4. how do you put your level of the languages? out of 10?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 5:19 PM, Angu said:

/\

|

I’ve auditioned for JYP too, and i also don’t understand some things, but for some of these i know the answer to!

1. Level is asking for how proficient you are in the other languages you wrote about.

2. In specialty and experience, I reckon you need to put your experience in the field you are auditioning for.

3. You basically just write what side hobbies you have, like drawing or something.

4. Profile 1, 2, 3 are for facial features and what you look like. From my experience with JYP and other companies, you are not allowed to use any app that enhances you features or apply any makeup.

5. It is not necessary to sing Korean songs for JYP. for others it is, but JYP doesn’t have that rule.

6. Audio is if you are singing or rapping for your audition.

7. In the audio, I reckon you should sing 1 song that highlights your abilities.

8. SNS is basically any social media you have. I have some trainee friends and they said that their companies look at them to get more of an understanding about you.

Sorry for not being able to answer all your questions! Hope to see you as another trainee at JYP (of course, if both of us can get in!!)

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2019 at 5:51 AM, jen_nie_pa_rk said:

hey i got an email saying "The evaluation on your online audition has been finished"

can anyone tell me what that means?

It means that they have finished checking through your audition.