What do you think about the auditions for non-Asians?

Guest Thalita

Yeah okay, find me a non Asian celebrity in Asia and then we'll talk. By non Asian I mean no Asian blood, Leah Dizon is like half Asian, she has Chinese AND Filipino blood...I'm not sure what else but that makes her part Asian to say the least. Nobody can say that there will NEVER be a Non Asian pop star in Korea/ in Asia, it's just highly unlikely. If people wanted non Asian singers they could always look into the American market where most if not all are non Asian they wouldn't need non Asian singers in their own ASIAN country. I think you really have to be absolutely gorgeous and LOOK somewhat Asian to be a singer or better yet, a FAMOUS singer in an Asian country. Whereas if you are non Asian and have good talents your chances to get into a company in America or Western countries are much higher! And if you are truly truly interested in an Asian company, try for it, but I think you'd have a higher chance in Japan than Korea.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MangoStar

Until America can be truly diverse in the entertainment industry (it isn't, so don't give me bullfish), then I don't expect for Asia to open up to non-Asians.

Okay I might get flamed for this but this is just my opinion.

I think non-Asians should just stick to America or Europe...I know some of you guys who are Non-Asian have this dream that you will become a huge Kpopstar one day, but in reality do we really want a non-Asian Kpop singer? Kpop is known for it's Korean heritage culture and if a non-Asian can come and takeover then the Kpop culture just won't be Asian anymore..It might as well be just another run-of-the-mill manufactured pop music we have in America (Jsutin Beiber anyone?) Their is a reason why they only accept Asians and not just Koreans.

And the truth of the matter is not just racism but it's XENOPHOBIA. It's still considered joke in Japan and Korea that a non-Asian can sing or speak Korean...They see it as a novelty factor...The same factor they would see a bear or a dog walk on it's hind legs. They don't see it as actual talent but as a novelty act. Asians are very defending and territorial if a non-Asian even looks at our culture the wrong way. So they might think "Oh how cool! That white guy can speak fluent Korean!' at first, but after awhile "Geez...Can't that white guy shut up? He's such a Koreaphile..."

So all in all I don't think I will see any non-Asians becoming a a Kpop celebrity in Korea in my lifetime.

**Also the people who have mentioned about Avex trainees being foreign, you do realize those trainees and celebrities are half Japanese right? A full non-blooded non-Asian to make it as a full fledged Jpop or Kpop artist is still unheard of and yet be witnessed...Even the Expat actors in Korea and Japan can't get acting roles away from being foreign. Singers like Shannon Williams from Star King ( who I have heard just signed with a Kpop company) are still half Korean and they have the looks to be a Kpop celebrity because of another issue to be considered: The beauty..Korea is known for it's over zealous beauty ranking..From ranking how small your face is to a fist, to how milky white your complexion is to a white rose, to who tall or how asymmetrical your face is, to the width of your S-line to V-line and etc...Alot of non-Asians can't really fit into the mold of an Asian beauty. how are you guys cgoing to handle it when the Korean netizens pick your looks apart because, let face it, they will  compare and contrast your looks to their local Korean celebrities.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this :/

Guest Dirtycash23

What about Hao Ge???

Here's an article about him!http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com/node_10/node_31/node_557/2006/11/06/116278950910728.shtml

116278950910728_4.jpg

116278950910728_3.jpg

116278950910728_2-1.jpg

Hao Ge (Chinese: 郝歌; pinyin: Hǎo Gē) is the Chinese stage name of British-born Liberian singer Uwechue Emmanuel. He rose to fame through a performance with Han Hong on the CCTV New Year's Gala and has emerged as one of the most notable foreign singers in China.

He is fluent in Mandarin Chinese (Hao Ge said that he uses Pinyin to learn Mandarin) and is applying for Chinese citizenship.[1] He has been asked to sing in the Beijing Olympics, Summer 2008. Hao Ge also travels all over China to perform and do television shows. He can be seen on CCTV-9.

Before getting his career off the ground in China, he was a country music singer and astro-physicist by profession. He has a graduate degree in Mathematics from the University of Monrovia.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ He probably got famous through the novelty factor that he can speak fluent Mandarin and plus his voice is really magnificent. He used the gimmick that he speaks fluent Mandarin and his fame and talent took off from their...And isn't Mandarin one of the most complicated and hardest languages to learn next to English? Kudos to him for making it in China, but I would be really really surprised if someone like him could make it big in Japan or South Korea.

Guest starzXshinee

Proud of him but that is just one person . . . He is like the Far East Movement of America. Ha ha ha . . . :sweatingbullets:

I give props to the Korean entertainment business for taking in non-Korean Asians. I think that is a big step.

So I think instead of arguing and saying that it is not right for the Asian entertainment to not accept foreigners, how about you just work real hard and be the next Uwechue Emmanuel of Korea?

I agree, it is not fair for Koreans to have an easier life and a higher chance to get in the K-Pop industry than any other industry but that is just life.

But think of it this way, a lot of Koreans in Korea have been practicing and auditioning for YEARS to make it in a company. Failed, but they tried really hard. Then they hear that some Thai guy got scouted in the states. He has no talent but he is good looking. Or that some Chinese and Taiwanese chicks got into the entertainment of their dreams, but they, PURE KOREANS, could not make it in. That sounds like a slap to the face, insult, or just embarrassing. So consider what Koreans might be thinking? I do not think they want to hurt their country's pride . :sweatingbullets:

And K-Pop would not be the same if it was taken over by westerners. I can already see the change with YG's western styles showing up . >.>

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Proud of him but that is just one person . . . He is like the Far East Movement of America. Ha ha ha . . . :sweatingbullets:

I give props to the Korean entertainment business for taking in non-Korean Asians. I think that is a big step.

So I think instead of arguing and saying that it is not right for the Asian entertainment to not accept foreigners, how about you just work real hard and be the next Uwechue Emmanuel of Korea?

I agree, it is not fair for Koreans to have an easier life and a higher chance to get in the K-Pop industry than any other industry but that is just life.

But think of it this way, a lot of Koreans in Korea have been practicing and auditioning for YEARS to make it in a company. Failed, but they tried really hard. Then they hear that some Thai guy got scouted in the states. He has no talent but he is good looking. Or that some Chinese and Taiwanese chicks got into the entertainment of their dreams, but they, PURE KOREANS, could not make it in. That sounds like a slap to the face, insult, or just embarrassing. So consider what Koreans might be thinking? I do not think they want to hurt their country's pride . :sweatingbullets:

And K-Pop would not be the same if it was taken over by westerners. I can already see the change with YG's western styles showing up . >.>

^ I agree...I mean Kpop and Jpop is still a new music scene that needs to develop overtime. It's going to take a couple more years and even a decade, a century or more for us to see a Non-Asian make it as a full fledged Jpop or Kpop star. So at least they are now opening a whole new plethora of opportunities for Non-Koreans or Non-Japanese entertainers who are still Asian at least...I believe that Asians ( and that includes Laos, Viet, Chinese etc) have a much better upper-hand of getting into a Kpop or Jpop company because of how they (we) look and our (their) ethnicities.

And I am not trying to say that Non-Asians aren't allowed to audition because everybody has the free will to do anything they set their dreams/goals to. Just in this world and probably in the future to come, it's not going to be easy to audition in the type of industry that is Kpop or Jpop if you are Non-Asian and that was what I was trying to convey in my first post on this thread. All I'm saying is people should not ignore the setbacks and the frustrations because of their nationalities...Face up to it and meet the challenge head on so you come out of this experience stronger and wiser...That's what I guess I wanted to really convey :sweatingbullets:

Guest dangdut_asik

HIMEKA (Catherine St-Onge) French-Canadian (got no Asian blood in her at all) Anime Song Singer in Japan

himeka_asuhenokizuna.jpg

himeka_15958.jpg

Born in Quebec, St-Onge was very interested in theater and music. At the age of 12, St-Onge taught herself English by singing Disney songs. Soon after at 13, she began writing her own stories in which Himeka was the main character.[1] Her interest in Japanese culture started at the age of 15 when she saw an episode of the anime series Sailor Moon.[2] In 2008, St-Onge moved to Japan in order to pursue her singing career.[3] She was the winner of the Second Annual Animax Anison Grand Prix, which gathers aspiring singers from all over Japan for the chance to make a professional debut and sing a theme song in an anime television show.[4] Her debut single "Asu e no Kizuna", released on May 27, 2009, was the opening theme to the anime adaptation of the PlayStation 3 video game Valkyria Chronicles.[5] The single debuted at number 28 on the Oricon single charts.[6]

Her next single featured an ending song for a new anime named Tegamibachi. The anime began to air on 3 October 2009.[7][8]

Her second single was named "Hatenaki Michi" and was released on November 25, 2009.[9]

St-Onge's first cover album, Anison: Utattemita, was released on 3 March 2010.[10]

Her third single was named "Mirai e...", released on May 26, 2010, and was featured as the ending theme in the anime Senkō no Night Raid.[11]

The digital single "La la la, Sekai o Hitotsuni" is scheduled to be released on 14 July 2010. The song is an official support song for the World Cosplay Summit 2010 in Nagoya, Japan. It will be the first song St-Onge has composed by herself.[12]

*from Wikipedia

Guest whatsupman

@s_diah

do people even see her face when she sings? anime song singer..? the japanese probably think a japanese person is singing the song if her face isnt shown. are you trying to be an idol or an anime song singer?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

HIMEKA (Catherine St-Onge) French-Canadian (got no Asian blood in her at all) Anime Song Singer in Japan

Born in Quebec, St-Onge was very interested in theater and music. At the age of 12, St-Onge taught herself English by singing Disney songs. Soon after at 13, she began writing her own stories in which Himeka was the main character.[1] Her interest in Japanese culture started at the age of 15 when she saw an episode of the anime series Sailor Moon.[2] In 2008, St-Onge moved to Japan in order to pursue her singing career.[3] She was the winner of the Second Annual Animax Anison Grand Prix, which gathers aspiring singers from all over Japan for the chance to make a professional debut and sing a theme song in an anime television show.[4] Her debut single "Asu e no Kizuna", released on May 27, 2009, was the opening theme to the anime adaptation of the PlayStation 3 video game Valkyria Chronicles.[5] The single debuted at number 28 on the Oricon single charts.[6]

Her next single featured an ending song for a new anime named Tegamibachi. The anime began to air on 3 October 2009.[7][8]

Her second single was named "Hatenaki Michi" and was released on November 25, 2009.[9]

St-Onge's first cover album, Anison: Utattemita, was released on 3 March 2010.[10]

Her third single was named "Mirai e...", released on May 26, 2010, and was featured as the ending theme in the anime Senkō no Night Raid.[11]

The digital single "La la la, Sekai o Hitotsuni" is scheduled to be released on 14 July 2010. The song is an official support song for the World Cosplay Summit 2010 in Nagoya, Japan. It will be the first song St-Onge has composed by herself.[12]

*from Wikipedia

^yeah I heard about this girl...She is more known as an OST drama and anime singer than an actual Jpop Idol in Japan. A Lot of Japanese people don't know she is a foreigner and most all assume she is Japanese.

Guest dangdut_asik

@s_diah

do people even see her face when she sings? anime song singer..? the japanese probably think a japanese person is singing the song if her face isnt shown. are you trying to be an idol or an anime song singer?

NO.. I'm not trying to be an idol or an anime song singer :D

just trying to share my knowledge of Non-Asian singer in the Asian music industry.

her face is SHOWN when she sings... just look up her youtube clips.. there are various clips of her performing live on TV and guest starring at variety TV shows in Japan

her music videos also clearly shows her face :)

my point is.. if you got TALENT just go and audition.. don't think that being "non-asian" will hold you back... whatever happens.. happens..

^yeah I heard about this girl...She is more known as an OST drama and anime singer than an actual Jpop Idol in Japan. A Lot of Japanese people don't know she is a foreigner and most all assume she is Japanese.

Actually, a lot of Japanese know that she is a foreigner.. there's been a documentary about her career... most Japanese think when she sings in Japanese it sounds perfectly fluent. Although, when she speaks it during interviews and stuff her Japanese is a little bit off.. but I'm sure it has improved since her debut.

Guest starzXshinee

I am not saying that non-Asians should NOT try out for Asian companies, just that you must have extraordinary talents or an 'it' factor.

Just saying though, a lot of Japanese people may know that she is a foreigner but I am sure just the same amount of Japanese people either do not know who she is or do not know that she is a foreigner . x.x

Not saying that everyone is like me, but I do not go around watching documentaries on people unless I ABSOLUTELY adore them. I love Britney Spears but if a documentary about her was on television, I would most likely not watch it. Heck, I do not even watch her music videos. [or much of anyone's music videos actually :sweatingbullets: ]

But I see the point you are trying to prove though . (:

I think it would be wayy easier to debut as a foreigner in Japan than in Korea though . . .

Guest dangdut_asik

I am not saying that non-Asians should NOT try out for Asian companies, just that you must have extraordinary talents or an 'it' factor.

Just saying though, a lot of Japanese people may know that she is a foreigner but I am sure just the same amount of Japanese people either do not know who she is or do not know that she is a foreigner . x.x

Not saying that everyone is like me, but I do not go around watching documentaries on people unless I ABSOLUTELY adore them. I love Britney Spears but if a documentary about her was on television, I would most likely not watch it. Heck, I do not even watch her music videos. [or much of anyone's music videos actually :sweatingbullets: ]

But I see the point you are trying to prove though . (:

I think it would be wayy easier to debut as a foreigner in Japan than in Korea though . . .

Well... extraordinary talents and 'it' factor also apply to Asians trying out at auditions.

Just because you're Asian with average talent vs Non Asian with above average talent doesn't mean the average talent Asian is gonna pass the audition. Even the recent MBC Star Audition.. Pumashock (Natalie White) the African-American girl and some other Non-Asian contestants passed to the next stage while there were some contestants who were Asian/Korean that got cut.

Everything takes hard work and determination look at all the Korean stars who had to audition numerous times after being rejected over and over.. (Bi, Younha, Park Bom, CL, etc).

Japanese people in general only know what they wanna know.. sure some may know that she is a foreigner or not (well.. it's kinda obvious that she is) or some may not even know who she is but that applies to all singers in Japan. I have a lot of Japanese friends who don't even know who Boa, DBSK, SNSD are even though they have crossed over to Japan. Music in Japan is varied all the way from Rock, R&B to the bubble gum cutesy Japanese idols, etc. Everyone got their own fanbase.. even some Japanese singers who have been in the industry for a while may be unfamiliar to some Japanese people as well.

I don't think it's any easier to debut as a foreigner in Japan.. even Jero had to go through several years of training before finally debuting.

All I'm saying is... for Non-Asians.. if you got serious TALENTS and have what it takes then by all means go for it!!! why do you care what WE think? :rolleyes: let the judges/casting people from the company be the judge of YOU

cuz at the end of the day.. if the judges/casting crew/president of the company thinks you're worth it.. they're the ones who have the power to offer you a contract/recording deal NOT us here on soompi :P

Guest whatsupman

Well... extraordinary talents and 'it' factor also apply to Asians trying out at auditions.

Just because you're Asian with average talent vs Non Asian with above average talent doesn't mean the average talent Asian is gonna pass the audition. Even the recent MBC Star Audition.. Pumashock (Natalie White) the African-American girl and some other Non-Asian contestants passed to the next stage while there were some contestants who were Asian/Korean that got cut.

Everything takes hard work and determination look at all the Korean stars who had to audition numerous times after being rejected over and over.. (Bi, Younha, Park Bom, CL, etc).

Japanese people in general only know what they wanna know.. sure some may know that she is a foreigner or not (well.. it's kinda obvious that she is) or some may not even know who she is but that applies to all singers in Japan. I have a lot of Japanese friends who don't even know who Boa, DBSK, SNSD are even though they have crossed over to Japan. Music in Japan is varied all the way from Rock, R&B to the bubble gum cutesy Japanese idols, etc. Everyone got their own fanbase.. even some Japanese singers who have been in the industry for a while may be unfamiliar to some Japanese people as well.

I don't think it's any easier to debut as a foreigner in Japan.. even Jero had to go through several years of training before finally debuting.

All I'm saying is... for Non-Asians.. if you got serious TALENTS and have what it takes then by all means go for it!!! why do you care what WE think? :rolleyes: let the judges/casting people from the company be the judge of YOU

cuz at the end of the day.. if the judges/casting crew/president of the company thinks you're worth it.. they're the ones who have the power to offer you a contract/recording deal NOT us here on soompi :P

LOL, did you srsly use mbc star audition as an example? ROFL, trust me.. they will probably not win. the people probably chose them for promotion. they probably will not even get the same recognition like john park or other korean contestants that got cut from the other show are getting. also, you're wrong.. an asian with avg talent is more favorable than a non-asian with above avg talent.

don't even use her as an example because most people here are trying to be idols, not anime singers. look for non-asian IDOLS. :rolleyes:

korea is more nationalistic than japan, so yes.. it is harder to get into a company in korea.

okay, non asians can audition if they want to, but i can't rly see them succeeding in asia no offense. one of my caucasion friends auditioned for SM at the last global auditions and she's RLY good at singing and has a lot of potential to become a great dancer (she's flexible and stuff) and she didn't even get held back. she's pretty, tall, skinny, and she was like 17 then too. she was rly talented, but she didn't even get held back. the truth is is that being non asian DOES hold you back. it might be hard to accept, but its the truth.

but i do get what you're trying to say. anyone, asian or non asian, can become an anime song singer.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Actually, a lot of Japanese know that she is a foreigner.. there's been a documentary about her career... most Japanese think when she sings in Japanese it sounds perfectly fluent. Although, when she speaks it during interviews and stuff her Japanese is a little bit off.. but I'm sure it has improved since her debut.

What I was trying to say was she isn't a focal point Idol singer...She is a background OST drama and anime singer. Those types of singers don't make a huge impact when it comes to fame and recognition. But I'm glad this girl has some form of recognition in Japan, but I doubt she'll be nominated for a MTVJ award anytime soon.

Guest starzXshinee

I think Pumashock has extraordinary talents though . . . lol .

I do not not think the company will choose either the average Asian or the above average non-Asian. Ha ha. Like I said, you have to be extraordinary or have an 'it' factor.

For a non-Asian, their extraordinary talent or 'it' factor has to be something no one can imitate. If I a non-Asian can sing well, I am sure that the judges can find someone as talent or even more talent. But if a non-Asian has a unique voice that no one can imitate, that will contribute to their 'it' factor and they will most likely pass to the next round. [but probably not the whole audition >.> ]

I personally think that Korean entertainment groups are not letting in non-Asians because Korea is not ready for them.

If SME, JYPE, or YGE debuted a non-Asian group [or a group with a non-Asian], that group will not go so well and become like CSJH. Talented, but thrown aside by their own entertainment group to promote a more popular group. [from what I heard? O.o] And this is because Koreans are not ready to see something new like this. Or like what AngelBaby, it is because they are xenophobic.

And if a small company debuts a non-Asian group or a group with a non-Asian, that is a big risk. Because it will most likely not go well. And if all does not go well, the company already spent so much money and might have to file for bankruptcy in the future.

All in all, the company is watching out for themselves and want what is best for them, not us. If they wanted to make everyone's dream come true, they would have picked everyone who has audition. But that is not the case. They pick what the audience would enjoy.

And for the record, no one here is discouraging anyone from not auditioning ! We are all just preparing you guys for the Asian industry so you will not be too shocked or sad if all does not go well . >.<

Guest dangdut_asik

LOL, did you srsly use mbc star audition as an example? ROFL, trust me.. they will probably not win. the people probably chose them for promotion. they probably will not even get the same recognition like john park or other korean contestants that got cut from the other show are getting. also, you're wrong.. an asian with avg talent is more favorable than a non-asian with above avg talent.

don't even use her as an example because most people here are trying to be idols, not anime singers. look for non-asian IDOLS. :rolleyes:

korea is more nationalistic than japan, so yes.. it is harder to get into a company in korea.

okay, non asians can audition if they want to, but i can't rly see them succeeding in asia no offense. one of my caucasion friends auditioned for SM at the last global auditions and she's RLY good at singing and has a lot of potential to become a great dancer (she's flexible and stuff) and she didn't even get held back. she's pretty, tall, skinny, and she was like 17 then too. she was rly talented, but she didn't even get held back. the truth is is that being non asian DOES hold you back. it might be hard to accept, but its the truth.

but i do get what you're trying to say. anyone, asian or non asian, can become an anime song singer.

I think most people here are trying to be a SINGER first and foremost... :rolleyes: I don't understand why you have this obsession over IDOLS you must be super young sweetie :D

Entertainment companies in Asia aren’t all filled with IDOLS :rolleyes: JYP has got Lim Jeong Hee a solo female artist and San E rapper.. aside from IDOL group like 2pm and Wonder Girls. YG has got Gummy a SINGER and not an IDOL :rolleyes:

I used MBC as an example because we are talking about AUDITION :rolleyes: this thread topic is asking what do you think about the Non-Asians trying out for Asian entertainment music companies. Doesn't matter if Pumashock and other Non-Asians aren't gonna win or be as famous as John Park.. the fact is... they passed the audition to the next stage which proved them being Non-Asian DID NOT hold them back.

Using her as an example is still relevant.. sure you can say she's not an IDOL and just an "anime singer" fact is.. she's still a caucasion girl who's a SINGER in an Asian country who's signed to Sony Music Japan and still get promoted everywhere and appear on popular variety shows that other IDOLS also appear in :rolleyes:

and no.. not everyone can be an anime singer.. if it's that easy you'd be one too :rolleyes:

What I was trying to say was she isn't a focal point Idol singer...She is a background OST drama and anime singer. Those types of singers don't make a huge impact when it comes to fame and recognition. But I'm glad this girl has some form of recognition in Japan, but I doubt she'll be nominated for a MTVJ award anytime soon.

I get what you mean by her not being a focal point Idol singer.. but anime or not she still is a singer. She may not make a huge impact when it comes to fame and recognition but that applies to all singers. Some mainstream non-anime singers who have been in the industry for a while are still "underrated" or unheard of.. some have still not been nominated for a MTVJ award. Utada Hikaru has been nominated for a MTVJ many times and have won.. she is a singer/artist and NOT an IDOL. Utada's songs have also been used as OST drama and Anime.

I think Pumashock has extraordinary talents though . . . lol .

I do not not think the company will choose either the average Asian or the above average non-Asian. Ha ha. Like I said, you have to be extraordinary or have an 'it' factor.

For a non-Asian, their extraordinary talent or 'it' factor has to be something no one can imitate. If I a non-Asian can sing well, I am sure that the judges can find someone as talent or even more talent. But if a non-Asian has a unique voice that no one can imitate, that will contribute to their 'it' factor and they will most likely pass to the next round. [but probably not the whole audition >.> ]

I personally think that Korean entertainment groups are not letting in non-Asians because Korea is not ready for them.

If SME, JYPE, or YGE debuted a non-Asian group [or a group with a non-Asian], that group will not go so well and become like CSJH. Talented, but thrown aside by their own entertainment group to promote a more popular group. [from what I heard? O.o] And this is because Koreans are not ready to see something new like this. Or like what AngelBaby, it is because they are xenophobic.

And if a small company debuts a non-Asian group or a group with a non-Asian, that is a big risk. Because it will most likely not go well. And if all does not go well, the company already spent so much money and might have to file for bankruptcy in the future.

All in all, the company is watching out for themselves and want what is best for them, not us. If they wanted to make everyone's dream come true, they would have picked everyone who has audition. But that is not the case. They pick what the audience would enjoy.

And for the record, no one here is discouraging anyone from not auditioning ! We are all just preparing you guys for the Asian industry so you will not be too shocked or sad if all does not go well . >.<

LOL.. yeah I agree Pumashock does have extraordinary talents :)

I don't think it has anything to do with Korea not being ready... all the companies you mentioned haven't debuted a Non-Asian because they just haven't found one whom like you said is extraordinary.

Pretty much all singers or groups will have a tough time in the industry.. like you mentioned CSJH those girls are all Korean.. look at all the groups that are suing their company right now for contract/money issues.. being Non-Asian has nothing to do with it (you can still be Asian/Korean and there are still problems within the industry).

Guest Natasya-Pard

*Sigh* :(

This thread is too tense...

Non-asians should just accept the fact that they can't get into any Asian Entertainment Industry...

The chance of being debuted is around 1 to a billion...

Leah Dizon look very asian.. Just tell a random uljjang to used colored contacts and they'll look somewhat like her...

Nickhun partially have Chinese heritage that's why he somehow look Korean... If he did not look Korean, there is no way he'll be debuted.

No one can fight racism...

As long as there are caucasians who thinks Asians are the inferior race...

There will always be Asians who thinks Asians are the superior race...

And most asians grew up with parents who tells them that they will be disowned if they marry anyone non-asian...

Many asians grew up with the idea of respecting elders meaning that there are no such thing as Freedom of Speech...

If we were to talk back to our teachers, parents or grandparents, we will be punished or slapped.

No matter how much Non-Asians try to be asians... No one will be able to stand the strict culture of Asia...

And that's the difference between Asians and Non-Asians...

Non-asians won't survive the Asian Entertainment Industry...

There will be some producers and directors who will be racist...

Most companies will never hire non-asians for their company's CF...

And lastly, most of the Kpop viewers will be asians...

And the audience that hears Kpop, hears Kpop because it's asian...

The Asian Entertainment Industry exists only for the consumers.

People hears Kpop, Jpop or Chinese Pop because they want to hear Asians sing or dance...

Guest whatsupman

I think most people here are trying to be a SINGER first and foremost... I don't understand why you have this obsession over IDOLS you must be super young sweetie :D

Entertainment companies in Asia aren’t all filled with IDOLS JYP has got Lim Jeong Hee a solo female artist and San E rapper.. aside from IDOL group like 2pm and Wonder Girls. YG has got Gummy a SINGER and not an IDOL

I used MBC as an example because we are talking about AUDITION this thread topic is asking what do you think about the Non-Asians trying out for Asian entertainment music companies. Doesn't matter if Pumashock and other Non-Asians aren't gonna win or be as famous as John Park.. the fact is... they passed the audition to the next stage which proved them being Non-Asian DID NOT hold them back.

Using her as an example is still relevant.. sure you can say she's not an IDOL and just an "anime singer" fact is.. she's still a caucasion girl who's a SINGER in an Asian country who's signed to Sony Music Japan and still get promoted everywhere and appear on popular variety shows that other IDOLS also appear in

and no.. not everyone can be an anime singer.. if it's that easy you'd be one too

if they were just trying to be singers then why can't they be singers in america? obviously they have a lot bigger chance. :rolleyes: entertainment companies don't have just idols but the entertainment companies basically only promote the idols and are KNOWN for their idols :rolleyes: if they wanted to be singers why don't they audition for companies that raise and promote their singers as much as companies like jyp/yg raise and promote their idols. :rolleyes: most people here seem to want to join sm/yg/jyp/cube. :rolleyes: MBC is just a show, not an actual entertainment company that accepts trainees and stuff. :rolleyes: they passed the auditions as a promotion to foreigners so they can watch the show. i actually think being non asian helped pass the first round so the mbc people could get free promotion. :rolleyes: being non asian didn't hold her back from passing the first round, but it will hold her back from actually finding a successful career through singing in asia. if you don't realize that then.. -__-; i don't even know why i'm doing this.. you're just ignorant. :rolleyes: if she is as famous as you say then why are there barely any pictures of her when i search her on google?

okay sorry.. :rolleyes: let me rephrase.. anyone, asian or nonasian, can become an anime SINGER if they have the talent. :rolleyes: i capitalized the last singer part cause you seemed the capitalize all the "idols" "singers" and stuff.. honestly, there are very talented nonasian people who want to become singers in korea, but how come they don't get accepted? you can see them do covers on youtube or see them in actual auditions, but i've never heard of one of them being scouted or chosen.

Archived