Quantcast

Double Eyelid Surgery Thread

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone! UPDATE As you all know, I decided to go with Dr. Andrew Choi from VIPSURGERY in Koreatown, CA. I put down my initial deposit in September to secure my surgery date for December

Hello everyone! After years of contemplating surgery, reading through this thread, and doing a lot of research, I've finally decided to take the plunge and get double eyelid surgery. Today I had my fi

I am from Hong Kong and always had weak double eyelid. I had a visible line but it was not even on each eye and didn't look like double eyelid from far away only very close you can see the small line.

Guest haneul love

^ yea, with this method they say it lasts MUCH longer than the first two original methods.

"with no loss of double eyelid line after follow-up periods ranging from one month to seven years"

i don't know why, but they said they put two stiches on ONE eyelid o.o ..

Guest funny*jenny

^^

I was just wondering that too. Is it okay to wear contacts just as long as I don't have to lift my eyelid in order to put it in? Because I'm getting sick of walking around outside blindly with my non-prescription sunglasses.

And just to warn other people who want to consider using tape or glue....DON'T DO IT. I know from experience. It stretched out my eyelids a little bit and made them kinda funky. Which resulted in me getting this surgery early. Otherwise, I probably would have waited until right before college which is only a two years difference.

you can`t wear contacts for about a week...it`s a definite no-no

Guest FantasyClover

oh wow twisting the skin >.< I heard there was a method where they do it with a laser is that true?

the laser is only used to make the cut. the rest is the same, removing fat, and the stitching. the laser is good b/c it stops the bleeding as soon as an incision is made, and the curve/arch of the incision is very smooth and linear.

i dont recommend ppl getting the non-incision one. why go through all the pain, and having the possibility of ur eyes falling out.

i think the twisting non-incision doesn't twist the actual skin, but the stitch that they make so that there's a less chance of it coming out, since it would have to untwist, unknot, and then fall out.

Guest MONICA

the laser is only used to make the cut. the rest is the same, removing fat, and the stitching. the laser is good b/c it stops the bleeding as soon as an incision is made, and the curve/arch of the incision is very smooth and linear.

i dont recommend ppl getting the non-incision one. why go through all the pain, and having the possibility of ur eyes falling out.

well, when they do the incision, they also cauterize it so it's not that different.

and your eyes don't fall out :blink:

Guest FantasyClover

well, when they do the incision, they also cauterize it so it's not that different.

and your eyes don't fall out :blink:

which is why i said there is a possibility.

Guest FantasyClover

there's no possibility that your eyes will fall out because of ssangkapeul surgery. lol.

i meant the crease falling out.

Guest m4ryC

too late about not using tape/glue LOL, well i've stopped using it but i have a permanent .. half double eyelid o.o like it comes out at the outer corners. should i use the glue again and try to make it back to normal? is that better for the surgery -o-?

i don't think anyone's going to answer my question again -.-

hahaha! me too! when i wear tapes for like 2 days (i have a lot of flabby stuff) and then take them off...they usually stay in for like half an hour, and then on my right eye, (after like many hours), theres only a half double eyelid..straaange. but my mom said she could tell that my lids are thinning (?)..is that good? or is it just being stretched? i dunno. hahaha.

sorry, im not answering any of your questions..i just thought to comment=D

Guest HEHE-productions

hmmm

i use EYE TALK double eyelid glue.... and it's like my life saver. I'm too chicken to get the surgery, so I just use the glue and NO ONE can tell the difference.

i also used the tape, but didn't like it as much as glue since it was noticeable

if anyone wants, I'm selling both in my thread (lots of fobby stores around my area = tons of this kind of stuff)

click on the link in my sig if anyone wishes

Guest Lebanese_Blonde

oh wow twisting the skin >.< I heard there was a method where they do it with a laser is that true?

i'm sure they can but they use the laser as a knife so it still hurts and burns

Guest foxxy_cleopatra

i'm about to see a plastic surgeon this friday. my cousin said that the shot for numbing hurt sooo bad. i got scared after that lol. does it hurt that bad??